Men's Health Community
I am giving up!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

I am giving up!!

I have had it, i am 26 years old with long undiagnosed symptoms for almost 9 months now, I frustrated and angry because no body is able to give me a diagnosis!! I have done every test anyone could think of, CBC, ESR, Kidney Panel, Liver Panels, endoscopy, colonoscopy ( findings: mild colitis non specific) , ultrasounds, abdominal and pelvic ct, brain mri, neck mri, tests for hiv syphilis and celiac, EKG, heart enzymes, heart ultra sound, skin biopsy, TSH and cortisol ( were normal at March but when I redid them 2 weeks ago they were slightly elevated) Pancreatic enzymes, stool studies, urine studies.

Everything is coming back normal!!! or with something that wont explain all my symptoms !! I am suffering from soft foul smelling stools brown colored with some undigested food at times and sometimes constipation which gave me a lovely anal fissure! , skin rashes, and i lost weight, mild join pain, dizziness and fatigue and sometimes increased heart beat rate, lactose intolerance and bloating with abdominal pain at times and dry eyes fatigue.

I swear to God there is no more tests i could think of to do and i dont think my doctors have any more ideas! I think my slightly raised cortisol and TSH are due to stress that I am living in !! there is no specific sign to any illness I even considered I might have whipple's disease but there are nothing in the test and radiologic findings that suggests that I have it!! I am going mad ! am depressed!! I can not take this anymore please any Doctor out there any body out there that has any idea of what I should do next please help!
No, your TSH would not be raised from stress. TSH is short for thyroid stimulating hormone. Yours is elevated so you you might want to see an Endocrinologist and ask to have these tests done, TSH, FT3, FT4 and antibodies. Insist on these tests because just having TSH alone does not give a complete diagnosis.
Increased cortisol should also be looked in to more thoroughly. The Endo Dr can do that.  
ft4 was normal. ft3 was never tested for
FT3 is very important. You might want to ask to have it tested. I really don't understand why they did'nt test it along with everything else. What was your TSH level? Did they give you a reason why your cortisol was high? You also mentioned "mild colitis". Are you being treated for that?
TSH was 5 MG, I dont know why they did not test for t3 but my doctor is not in town at the moment so once he comes back i will ask him about t3 and cortisol as well. as for my colitis after the antibiotics failed to make me better my doc started me on Asacol the abdominal pain is better than before but i still have fatty foul smelling stools although I am having bout of constipation and diarrhea, constipation is more frequent ! and what i know for sure is that its not IBD because my ESR is 1MG and biopsies were normal except for the mild colitis and my abdominal CT is normal.