Men's Health Community
If you ejaculate too many times in a week is that bad?

A community for people with Men's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

I read a book which said men over the ager of forty should not ejaculate more than once a week.  Is this correct?  The book said ok to have sex etc as many times you like.  But the act of ejaculation meant you lost valuable nutrients which would drain your body.

Anyone got any comments on this?

Total, complete nonsense. Not only is that belief not based on any kind of scientific/medical fact, but some studies have shown that regular ejaculation may help prevent prostate cancer.
Whoops, I mean to add that you can certainly teach yourself to orgasm without ejaculating; most guys find the orgasm much more intense and long lasting, and you can have multiple orgasms to boot ;-) But there's no health benefit to doing so.
Hi,One other point by not ejaculating and since you are over forty you are doing more harm than good.That is of course unless you are going to become a porn star lol.
Hi, This is an old wives tale.If you stop and think what you are asking it makes no sense.If you were harming yourself by self ejaculation,then you would be doing the same harm when you were with a woman.It would make no different either way.I also agree that this may help with the prevention of prostate cancer.As many men who have prostate problems it is later in many cases learned, that they have not had any form of sex for a long time.So kept having your little parties.
I've always heard it's better for you if you ejaculate on a regular basis, thus, helping to prevent prostate cancer.

But the other thing is, if you have BPH like I do, it could help relieve the symptoms. Though, this is rarely the case for most people with BPH.
i do not think so because i know from experience. are u kidding me i have ejaculated proly 5 times in a day. there is absolutely nothing wrong with ejaculating alot.
Ever since my incredibly hot wife had a child (and remained incredibly hot) I've been without sex because she cut me off. Since prior to having a child she was giving it to me a few times a day, I'm accustomed to ejaculating all the time.

Now I masterbate like a drunk monkey at the zoo. Constantly. No ill effects yet. Keep jerking!
The health issues involved in *over* ejaculation is brushed aside by most Western doctors but it makes complete, logical sense (and is accepted by many physicians in China and Japan).

High ejaculation frequency does help to prevent prostate cancer because it removes carinogenic, dead sperm which is vulnerable to infection. Have you ever heard of the French paradox? This doesn't mean that there aren't serious consequences to over ejaculation.

When men ejaculate they do lose nutrients and hormones.Most of the nutrients lost are trace amounts but zinc (around 5 mg), selenium and copper are lost in significant amounts. Upon ejaculation, testosterone, serotonin, acetycholine and dopamine are also lowered, prolactin is raised. High levels of prolactin are associated with poor mood, tiredness, and many different health issues. Prolactin also stimulates the production of the enzyme 5 alpha reductase which converts testosterone into DHT, DHT is the hormone that causes male pattern baldness...

DHT is produced when a man has an erection or is sexually stimulated but, as far as I know, the DHT produced is bound to the penile tissues. The wisest thing to do is to make love frequently while limiting actual ejaculation to once a week.

The truth does not care whether or not it's politically incorrect. It's a hard pill to swallow but nature's only concern is the survival of individual genes, not the organism.
Health Insurance Companies Seek Big...
1 hr ago by gymdandee
Keep Your Liver Healthy
4 hrs ago by gymdandee
Paxiled commented on Individuals with soci...
Exercise Tracker
Exercise is part of a healthy lifestyle