Men's Health Community
Impotent 18 year old (NOT NORMAL) Can you please help me?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

Hello, I'm a 18 year old male who's been experiencing erectile dysfunction for well over a year and a half. I feel like I am going to go insane if I don't find out what is wrong for me, I'm far too young to be experiencing ED. I have gone to doctors but they think that it's all just in my head but it isn't, I know it isn't because I haven't gotten an erection without rubbing my penis in over a year and I don't wake up with erections anymore. Around a year and a half ago when my ED started I got a severe sunburn on my entire body (except for where I was wearing shorts)could this be related to my problem somehow? One day I felt a really strange feeling in my penis just after masturbating, my penis felt like it fell asleep and it went completely numb, it also hurt a little bit(could this be related somehow?). A week or two later I noticed some lines on my penis head, my penis head used to be extremely smooth and now it's rough and has all these lines on it, it actually looks very similar to an cicumcised penis head because it's really dry looking and it has tiny cracks on it(I'm uncircumcised). Every month or so that numb feeling comes back and usually only when I'm sitting. Does a numb penis mean that there is some sort of nerve damage? Do you think my problem is reversible? I am very very scared and I don't want to live my whole life like this, I want to get a girlfriend and start a family but I have put off getting a girlfriend since my problem started, could someone please help me out? Thanks.
I would suggest going to see a specialist or a urologist and not a GP, as this situation is a special circumstance and you need to talk to some one experienced in this sort of thing.
You might also need a neurological referral.  Numbness that comes on after prolonged sitting can be a pinched nerve.  Do not let this go.  You are far too young.  Persist and get answers.  There are certain tests they can do to see if you are getting erections in your sleep, too.  You don't always wake up with one.
hang in there and be persistent. I too had ED issues starting at age 17 that were dismissed as all in my head. Well it does affect your head but in my case also I have other issues that they can't explain with regard to sensitivity and functioning. It's been a source of extreme stress and has affected me deeply over the years. I'm 37 now and wish I could go back and do things differntly. Don't give up and get the answers you need.
I would just see a doctor and tell him exactly what you just told us. Doctors deal with this stuff on a regular basis and you wouldn't shock him/her at all and you would get some direction instead of anxiety. Plus, confidentiality is a wonderful thing.
Hey man I'm dealing with the exact same issues. Do you have a history of drug use smoking and drinking? That's how mine happened. Did u figure anythin out?