Men's Health Community
Increase sensitivity in penis?

A community for people with Men's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Increase sensitivity in penis?

I am taking Zoloft for depression / anxiety.  I think it is making it harder to reach orgasm.  A little bit of delay would be a good thing, but this is getting ridiculous.  Last time my wife and I had sex I thought I was going to have a heart attack from going for so long.

I was wondering if anyone out there has come across something to increase sensitivity so that I can orgasm quicker.  Any lotions, tricks, etc...

This is a common (and extremely frustrating) side effect of SSRI antidepressants. I'm on Lexapro, and I experience the same thing. Unfortunately there is not a whole lot that can be done about it. However, you should ask your doctor (hopefully a psychiatrist) about adding a low dose of Wellbutrin or Buspar to you Zoloft. Both of these have been shown in studies to counteract the sexual side-effects associated with SSRIs. Wellbutrin is an atypical antidepressant - but it has an uppity effect, so it isn't good for people with anxiety. Buspar is a mild anti-anxiety medication that is usually only used to boost the effects of an SSRI antidepressant. I haven't tried either of these, but I am going to speak to my shrink about them the next time I see her. You can also google "Kegel Exercises." These are usually used for premature ejaculation, but can be helpful in increasing orgasm intensity. Stopping masturbation, and not having sex as often, has helped me a bit... but this side-effect is still very annoying.

Best of luck...
Thanks for the comments.  I have been doing Kegel exercises pretty regularly for the past months, which might be helping (difficult to tell really).  My preference is not to add other drugs, as I would really prefer to get off Zoloft.  I dont know if that will ever happen.  Last time I went off my meds was NOT pretty.  I ended up in a pretty serious depression.

I know that not having sex or masturbating would help, but I just havent come to grips with that route yet.  I get angry about not having sex because one of the main reasons I have been depressed in life was due to bad sexual experiences when I was younger.  So now that I am older and able to fulfill my desires, I end up taking anti-depression medication which makes my sex life worse. Life is so ironic!
Joel78 is frustrated, aching, tire... Comment
Joel78 commented on Jzabs's status
May 25
Joel78 joined this community
Welcome them!
May 25
Exercise Tracker
Exercise is part of a healthy lifestyle