Men's Health Community
Ingown Toenails

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

Ingown Toenails

my son had surgery to remove the sides of his big toenails because the skin is so high around them the nails actually grow into the skin.  Something was put on to keep them from growing, but that did not work.  They are infected again and he is in a lot of pain and can't get to the nail to trim them.  Has anyone ever had a procedure to eliminate this?  His toes are so big - the nails are down inside the skin and have nowhere to go.
im 19 ive had it done 2 times, what u do is have them put acid on it too kill the root, i think its called matrix or something, this way ur nail will not grow on the sides.

No, no, NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

How barbaric!

I, too had ingrown toenails when in my early teens (now 58) with FREQUENT, PAINFUL, UN-NECESSARY, SADISTIC surgery!

It was only by chance that, at about 45, I discovered the SIMPLEST of solutions: Cut a V in the very center of the toenail, about an eighth (try for a quarter!) inch across the top and about a quarter inch down to the point of the V.

Overnight, no exageration, the swelling minimized to the point of mild irritation and, within a week, there was no, none, not ANY pain WHATSOEVER!

Please, for the sake of your son, please TRY this!  There is NO down side: if it doesn't work nothing is lost.

If any other readers have had experience with this please chime in so as to relieve any trepidation felt by the Mom!

Good Luck!!

Jimm
P.S.
GAWD!  If ONLY I knew THEN what I know NOW!!