Men's Health Community
Ingrown Hairs on Penis
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Ingrown Hairs on Penis

Hey Doc,

About 3 weeks ago I started noticing a few little bumps appearing on my penis.  After having sex the bumps became increasingly irritated, but didn't look any worse.  I'm fairly certain it is not an STD because I have a girlfriend and the bumps don't look like an infection of any kind.  Which leads me to believe that they're ingrown hairs from shaving my scrotum and shaft.  Having said that, my girlfriend went on vacation a week ago, and the bumps don't appear to be getting any better.  Should I be concerned?  Or do ingrown hairs just take a while to heal, and if so, what ointment do you advise me to use to expedite the recovery.

Thanks,
Big man
Related Discussions
2 Comments
Blank
I am not a doctor, but I may be able to answer your question about ingrown hairs. There is a condition that affects Black men more than White men when ingrown hairs in the beard become inflamed. When I was a young man, I contracted the same condition on my penis because I used condoms and the steady putting on/putting off caused ingrown hairs on my penis' shaft to get infected. A doctor simply lanced several of the infected hair shafts, gave me a bandage and  an antibiotic, and I was cured within a week.
Blank
I actually haven't been using protection, but I think the irritation from insertion might have the same effect as the condom.  Do you think a topical cream would work?
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Men's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...
Sep 18 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank