Is a month too long to wait for prostate cancer removal?
Someone I know has just been diagnosed with prostate cancer, which has not metastasized.  His surgery is in a month.  Is this too long to wait?  Shouldn't it be removed asap before it spreads, or is it safe to wait this long?  Thanks.  
Go to the  http://www.mrisprostatecancercenter.com/  website.  The urologist who has the site has a clinic in Sarasota and has done some pretty interesting research on prostate cancer. There is the theory that surgery may be a "rush" to judgement.  It's worth looking at and researching.  Best of luck in whatever decision your friend makes.  Godspeed.
I didn't look at the site the other poster mentioned, but I will say that if he hasn't gotten a second opinion, he should. Prostate removal is a big deal, and can have some pretty unfortunate side effects--namely incontinence and ED. There may be better, less invasive alternatives, and I think he should really take this time to check them out. There are seeds, "cyberknife" radiation, etc...

As for timing, unless he's very young prostate cancer tends to be very slow growing.
You are so right.  Prostate cancer surgery is a big ordeal with lots of downsides(from what I've read). It appears that most of the treatments are pretty severe as far as side effects go and the last I read, the medical community is not in agreement with when treatment is necessary since most prostate cancers are very slow growing.  

Dr. Wheeler's research is intriguing because it appears efficacious and has been accepted by the medical community.  Since most of us will get it, if we live long enough, a little research is incumbent on every male.  
At age 50 years, diagnosed with a Gleason at a count of 7, but with no spread of cancer outside the prostate, should immediate surgery take place within a six month period after diagnosed with a second opinion?
Exercise Tracker
Exercise is part of a healthy lifestyle