Men's Health Community
Keeping An Erection - Please Help!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

Keeping An Erection - Please Help!

I have a quick question... My husband has had troubles keeping an erection and I want to know if I should encourage him to see a doctor, or if there are other things I / he could do here at home (he is terrified of doctors).  The confusing part is, sometimes he does fine and has a good erection for a good amount of time, but other times during sex he just loses it.  He is healthy, only 22 years old, so he seems to young to be struggling with ED.  He's only been sexually active the past year, and we have a great sex life except for this one problem that seems to continually come up- and is very frustrating for me!  Does anyone have suggestions on what we should do- it's not every time, but it's enough to push one to ask.  Thanks!
I was going to say stress but since you say no.Maybe you can ask him?I notice when my dh works alot of hours we have sex but thats that.No seconds & quick.I understand.Also if you say he feels selfconcious that could also be it.I gained a couple of pounds since my m/c & I hate it.I feel so self concious & sometimes it gets in the way of our intamicy(sp?).Dh tells me I'm fine but I feel it.Talking is the best.Let him know how you feel.Make him know you dont see him the way he feels.Assure him.If not maybe you can seek help.I know many men hate the thought but this could be a prob.He's very young & can be helped.I hope things get better..nanis
No, he is not on any medicines and really isn't under any amount of stress.  This has been going on for awhile, and it just doesn't seem to stop.  It doesn't take much for him to lose his erection for the night, like one time it was because he was self-conscience about his stomach.  I told him if he would just focus on me it wouldn't happen, but now I am beginning to wonder if it isn't something more.  Thanks for your comments!
ASK JESUS.  HE DIED AND HAD AN ERECTION 3 DAYS LATER!!!
I am 21 years of age and sometimes I suffer from losing an erection. I am very healthy and fit I exercise and eat right. I am a very sexual person but I am not that sexually active. I masturbate often and sometimes I can’t seem to get an erection for a while. I honestly am a very sexual person but I am not trued on as easy. Sometimes my penis feels like its numb and not getting the proper feeling. I sometimes use baby oil and that seems to make it feel much better. I did masturbate one time with a soft object and it some how damaged my penis and now I have a scar just bellow the head of my penis. I also got some chaffing and I am still waiting for that to heal and I hope to god that doesn’t turn into a scar. I put lotion on it everyday and it seems to be working kinda. That really made me mad because I am so conscious of it even though it’s not that visible. I have no idea how it cut me! I can get erections sometimes in a matter of seconds if I am really turned on and they can last me a while. One time this girl and I were doing foreplay for 2 hours or more and I was turned on the whole time but I couldn’t *** and I lost the erection. I feel like I have many problems and its depressing me. It never used to be like this. Could this be all in my head, or could I have masturbated to often and damaged my penis so the feeling isn’t as great as it should be? Some of the times I can masturbate for hours and be hard the entire time. This has happened during sex also I lasted a very long time and it was great! I am confused as to why this is happening I am only 21 and I am really healthy and I want every sexual experience to be great!
Careful when masturbating too much. I didnt think it would harm me but when I did I prolonged it too much and sometimes didnt ejaculate at all or would hold back. Now there is a muscle in my right groin that hurts. The docs wont know what it is or what its from. I've had thousands of dollars of scans and tests in this area but other people in this forum helped me with what it is. I'm in my 40's and I wish someone would have warned me sooner. Just slow down and cut back on masturbating. You do not want this pain.
I think I do really overdue it sometimes. I don’t really even understand why I do it that much it really doesn’t even feel that great any more. Don’t get me wrong it’s still enjoyable but I think that it’s not even worth it sometimes. I am embarrassed that I have damaged my penis and hope that it doesn’t make problems for me. I try and not masturbate for 3 to 4 days sometimes and that is really really hard for me to do. I honestly think if I just stop for two weeks that I can retrain my mind and penis because it should be healed in that time. Its sooooo hard for me to do that though. This whole world revolves around sex and I am an attractive person but I don’t just go have sex with anyone, but if I do want to have sex. I am not going to be able to say I can’t do this because I am waiting for my penis to heal. I will feel stupid and then I will have lost a lot of confidence in my self. If I do decide to have sex it’s not going to be as pleasurable anyways. So it seems to be a lose and lose situation.
Masturbating helps you to stay sexually active so is not a bad thing but in you situation try no to do it very often and also do something else keep your mind of it for a while, until your better also try to take sex slow sex is not with timing, when doing it just relax think something else this will help you too.

Lyon