Men's Health Community
Large red painful mass in scrotum

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

Large red painful mass in scrotum

About a week ago a rather large lump appeared in my scrotum.  It is not attached to either testicle.  It was slightly painful at the time of discovery.  In the last week it has doubled in size and is extremely painful.  Because it is the holiday season I may have problems scheduling a doctor appointment.  I really don't want to go to the ER.  I have examined the scrotal sac and don't see any area that could be a head.  Is this possibly a cyst?  Since it isn't attached to either teste and I safe to assume that it isn't cancer?  Any help to set my mind at ease until after the holiday when I can make an appointment with my Physician.
Tags: scrotum, scrotum mass
It might be a boil. They're very painful and will usually not get a head on it for awhile. If that does happen leave it alone to keep from getting an infection. Call your Dr Monday, if they're in, to make an appointment.
Hi Look if your that worried, you should be straight of to the ER, and get it looked at, best to be safe than sorry.
Good Luck
Seasons Greetings