Men's Health Community
Left Testicle Is Very Sore

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

Left Testicle Is Very Sore

i was lying in bed after work when i noticed my left testicle aching a bit. at first i payed it no mind as it has happened before without cause that i am aware of. the aching gradually got worse, until i noticed it extending into my abdomen. this also has happened before, but it hasn't ever hurt this much. i got online and researched a little, hoping to find a simple answer, only finding that it could be serious. i read about torsion, and that i could be twisted inside my scrotum. i went into the bathroom to examine it (for lumps, inflammation, swelling, enlarged veins) and found that nothing looked out of the ordinary, or felt out of place to the touch. i was holding it lightly when it began to turn...i wasn't forcing it...it just rotated. as if it was wound up and released itself...it rotated a couple times before stopping in what seemed to be the correct position...although the position it was in before rotating seemed correct as well...i read that a doctor could just untwist it if it was a torsion, and assumed maybe i had somehow done it on my own. my testicle still aches and the pain is still extending into my abdomen. it appears normal to the site, and there isn't any swelling or discoloration of any kind. my urine is normal and there is no discomfort when urinating. i am curious if i should wait until morning or go to a doctor right now. if i did the doctor's job for him, waiting until i have time to schedule for a visit would be much more convenient. i know i need to see someone regardless, i guess my question is now or later?
It could be a mild torsion (a true torsion hurts horribly I have heard).  Since a torsion can kill the testicle quickly, I would go see the doc sooner rather than later - no sense taking a chance on it.

Good luck!  Let us know how it goes!

Morgannon
It could also be cysts. My husband had 5 and one had totally engulfed his left testicle. Other then some aching once in a while he never knew it. I would get it checked asap.
I had similar pain in my right testicle, my lower abdominals, and down my leg.  It turned out that my hip flexor was strained.  Actually, my chiropractor found this.  I iced and massaged my hip flexor and the testicle pain went away.  Look into your hip flexor.  Good luck!