MEN'S HEALTH
COMMUNITY
Left Testicle/Lower Abdominal Pain
by JoeyJ, Apr 24, 2007
Hi I am a 23 year old male who's recently developed testicle pain. For the past week or so I have experienced pain in my left testicle after lying down for a long period of time. After standing up and walking around the pain noticebly improves. In the last few days I have noticed the pain starting to radiate to my lower left abdomin. I dont seem to have any lumps on my testicles. Does anyone know what this could be?

Thanks.
Member Comments (254)
by bxbhoops, May 02, 2007
I'm suffering from the same symptoms. Mid 20s, have developed mild pain in testicles, groin and lower left ab over the past week/week and a half. Pain has been persistent and nagging, but manageable (able to walk miles at a time with little pain). No noticeable lumps, either... Any ideas?
by JoeyJ, May 06, 2007
just curious if you've had any luck?

I was put on antibiotics for a week which did nothing so I am going in for an ultrasound on the 8th to get things checked out because I am still in pain.
by jdoesy, May 09, 2007
i have this same thing going on, but mine isnt like a major pain its just like an annoying pain, but did get kinda bad one or two times. it disappears for a day or two and then comes back, and yeah, its been going on for about 2 or so weeks too. anything found out yet.  the hurting has gotten bad when im lying down too. do yall think it may be a kidney infection or something.
by ericnpain, Jul 25, 2007
i'm a male in my early 20's with severe testicular pain on my right side following lower right abdominal pain.  i went to the ER and they found blood in my urine but no sign of kidney stones. There was no hernia either. I am clean of all STD's and was put on anibiotics weeks ago by my doctor to treat epidymitis (totally spelled it wrong) but i still have no idea whats wrong. the pain continues and it seems to be unbarable even after using pain killers like vicadin! Anyone have any ideas?!? i have an appt with a urologist in a week, but it still scares me that there are others out there with the same symptoms and no treatment available!
by zoolander9, Aug 02, 2007
For me its like bad gas in my lower abdomen except for my left testicle is hurting too when I urinate. It feels like someone is grabbing it and pulling down hard.
by Antix, Aug 24, 2007
Hey,

I've had the same symptons for almost a year, on and off.
Did all the tests possible and saw one of the best urologists in town and still no apparent answers or resons for it!  
No kiddney stones, no std's, no hernias. Just a lower left abdomen disconfort that radiates into my left testicle and leg. Like if someone is squeezing the testicle. The pain also comes and goes, and it get's worst when I'm laying down for a long period of time.
Please anyone let me know if you find what this is!
antix
by Antix, Oct 17, 2007
Thanks...I'll check it out!

Best.
by Marsh910, Nov 09, 2007
I'm 27 and I've had the same problem now off and on.  It happens at work, especially if I am sitting for long periods of time.  The pain isn't excrutiating, its just really annoying and it shoots down my left lweg, through my butt...liek most of you guys, and the left side of my testicle is a bit tender.  I don't have any lumps or anything, its just a annoying.  I've been reading a lot of these same comments and it seems like a common problem.

My thing is that I would almost rather deal with the problem than getting hooked on a bunch of medicine.  But it is very annoting, and it only occurs when I'm sitting down.  I'm in good shape, about 6'3" 235 and muscular, but I have tried to avoid any real starining work-outs, because I'm concerned it is a nerve-related problem.