Men's Health Community
Left Testicle/Lower Abdominal Pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

Left Testicle/Lower Abdominal Pain

Hi I am a 23 year old male who's recently developed testicle pain. For the past week or so I have experienced pain in my left testicle after lying down for a long period of time. After standing up and walking around the pain noticebly improves. In the last few days I have noticed the pain starting to radiate to my lower left abdomin (abdomen). I dont seem to have any lumps on my testicles. Does anyone know what this could be?

Thanks.
Viewing 1-200 comments:
I'm suffering from the same symptoms. Mid 20s, have developed mild pain in testicles, groin and lower left ab over the past week/week and a half. Pain has been persistent and nagging, but manageable (able to walk miles at a time with little pain). No noticeable lumps, either... Any ideas?
just curious if you've had any luck?

I was put on antibiotics for a week which did nothing so I am going in for an ultrasound on the 8th to get things checked out because I am still in pain.
i have this same thing going on, but mine isnt like a major pain its just like an annoying pain, but did get kinda bad one or two times. it disappears for a day or two and then comes back, and yeah, its been going on for about 2 or so weeks too. anything found out yet.  the hurting has gotten bad when im lying down too. do yall think it may be a kidney infection or something.
i'm a male in my early 20's with severe testicular pain on my right side following lower right abdominal pain.  i went to the ER and they found blood in my urine but no sign of kidney stones. There was no hernia either. I am clean of all STD's and was put on anibiotics weeks ago by my doctor to treat epidymitis (totally spelled it wrong) but i still have no idea whats wrong. the pain continues and it seems to be unbarable even after using pain killers like vicadin! Anyone have any ideas?!? i have an appt with a urologist in a week, but it still scares me that there are others out there with the same symptoms and no treatment available!
For me its like bad gas in my lower abdomen except for my left testicle is hurting too when I urinate. It feels like someone is grabbing it and pulling down hard.
Hey,

I've had the same symptons for almost a year, on and off.
Did all the tests possible and saw one of the best urologists in town and still no apparent answers or resons for it!  
No kiddney stones, no std's, no hernias. Just a lower left abdomen disconfort that radiates into my left testicle and leg. Like if someone is squeezing the testicle. The pain also comes and goes, and it get's worst when I'm laying down for a long period of time.
Please anyone let me know if you find what this is!
antix
Thanks...I'll check it out!

Best.
I'm 27 and I've had the same problem now off and on.  It happens at work, especially if I am sitting for long periods of time.  The pain isn't excrutiating, its just really annoying and it shoots down my left lweg, through my butt...liek most of you guys, and the left side of my testicle is a bit tender.  I don't have any lumps or anything, its just a annoying.  I've been reading a lot of these same comments and it seems like a common problem.

My thing is that I would almost rather deal with the problem than getting hooked on a bunch of medicine.  But it is very annoting, and it only occurs when I'm sitting down.  I'm in good shape, about 6'3" 235 and muscular, but I have tried to avoid any real starining work-outs, because I'm concerned it is a nerve-related problem.
Ok Im 20 yrs old...and i play hockey...on Friday Dec 14 i took a slap shot to the left testicle...and ya i had a cup but nut still fell out and too the shot...it hurt for 2-3 days...Monday or Tuesday i was pain free for 3 days...then i started to get a uncomfortable pressure like pain in my left nut and at times a sharp shooting pain...today is the 23rd and every time i stand up i need to do it slow and hunched over...walking is not a good idea...sitting hurts...but when i pee its kind or pleasant ...feels like if u don't pee for a long time and all of a sudden go all out...i HATE doctors and refuse 2 go...i don't know what you guys know or have done prior to the pain but im guessing the slap shot is to blame...umm....help?
Guys I have the same problem I think, I've made an Echo Doppler, and the docs found varicocele... tha's the problem.... and I have pain in my abdominal lower side too... well, I hope it to be helpful, try to do an Echo Doppler.
Had same thing, dull ache in left testicle, not serious pain but very annoying, especially when sitting. It got very severe one night so I went to the ER and got an ultrasound for testicular torsion but came up clean.  They put me on antibiotics for Epididimitys 2 weeks and I was fine for about 2 weeks after that but now it has come back on more dull.
Hi everyone,
To the poster: have you done anything to hurt yourself in that area? This sounds like it may be a testicular torsion. Usually happens after you get some trauma to the testicles. It can be very painful and radiate to the sides of your abdomen and back. This problem needs to be fixed otherwise you can have problems in the future.
I am having occasional left tyestacle and lower left abdomen pain. It is annoying but not too bad yet. 20 years ago I had a double hernia repaired and the pain was similar. Does anyone recall a relation between hernias and these symptoms?
Hi I'm 17 and for almost a year now I have had a throbbing pain in my left testicle and lower left abdimal pain, it comes and goes but mainly hurts while walking long distances, paraceetimal and ibuprofen does little, it slowly subsides when I sit down and sometimes I'll sit down for 40 mind and it goes away completely I'd it can stay for days, on and off. Makes clubbing and rugby difficult, and I'm fed up with it as it is seriously uncomfortable and embarasing, I'm getting a scan soon after seeing the doctor but he had no idea, I go to the gym am fit and healthy, don't really know wats a hernia is but it could be that but the area of pain is large, help?
I have the same pain from the left testicle that goes to the lower left abdomem(between leg and belly area), if I press my left lower abdominal area and sims my left testicle disconfort to get better for a while(maybe im pumping blood on it dunno lol), also I have a lump on my left testicle. Did a doopler ultrasound and the doc said to me I had a varicocele, but Im afraid about the lump.
I have lost some of my libido too :-/, I cant have nice erections when Im standed up(like walking in the street I see a hot chick nothing happens), and better erect. when im layed down.
CHeers
Hey everyone, the lower abdominal pain (disturbance) and penile related pain may be many things. Asked to be referred to an Urologist by your family doctor as soon as you get the chance. Your family doctor may want to do a blood test, to see what nurtrients are present or not in your blood. If the test are negative, then a visit with the urologist may help. The symptoms mentioned above are sometimes associated with something that is called Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome (CPPS). Its not life threathing, its more annoying than anything else. Visit http://www.chronicprostatitis.com/ for more information on this. Thank you.
I seem to have a swollen and very painfull testicle. I made out with my girlfriend about a week ago and she accidentally bounced on top of them twice while she was on top of me. Could my testicles be hurt or should I see a doctor? I tried jerking off to see if my sperm was not affected and looked like it had blood in it. What's wrong?
hi im 16 and for over a year now i have had the same pains....it feels likw something is dragging my left testicle down and all the stringss and bits are being strained...right up into in stomach i can feel it! it always came every now and den and was never real bad pain but reasently it is happening daily and is worse when i wake up in da mornin.....im way 2 inbarrassed to tell my parents or any1 not to mind say go to a doctor...any suggestions??
pain can be caused by many factors: truama, hernia, cysts and cancer
have you doc take a look.

personally i had cysts on the veins at my left testicle and from time to time it causes me pain (and I have learned to deal with it). just had my ultrasound done and doc confirmed tat there are some cysts growing down there.
I am 34. Having similar pain for, well over 10 years now (mild left nut pain, going into left lower abdomen) . I am from another country, so it was not investigated back at home. Here in US,  I am attached to a University as a researcher, so managed to get it investigated thoroughly. This is what my tests found: nothing on left side, no mass in nuts or in abdomen. But I have varicoele on the right testicle. The urologist's verdict was it might be cremaster muscle (the thin muscle that hangs your balls!) contracting for some reasons. He suggested taking pain killers or to remove the muscle and the nerve suppying the left nut by minor surgery. I didn't want to. Since I now know this is nothing serious (or you can't help it!) I ignore it. I go to gym for run and mild weight lift. I do yoga, without crunching my abdomen much. By experimenting a little, I found that the pain is not related to these activities. But, sometimes I apply warm towel to left lower abdomen (not to the balls!) and it seems to help. Anyone can try this and see if it works. And experiment with your physical activities to see if there are any agravating factor in them. If not, keep yourself physically active, it helps a lot. Do not submit yourself to the pain and get depressed. Right now while I am writing this, I have the pain, but what the heck, there are millions of others have it!?
About a year and a half ago (maybe more) i discovered a lump on my left testicle, then later on another one on my right. Whenni was finally able to make it to the doctors he diagnosed it as a varicocele. The odd thing about my condition is that it would see to come and go, and i also had lower abdominal pain, which the doctor suggested my be a hernia. i was referred to a urologist and he said yes i have a varicole and that he saw no sign of a hernia. i also told him about further symptoms (i.e. testicular atrophy, sluggishness and low sex drive) but he said my testicles were a normal size and the other symptoms were too general, that i should check with my primary care physician. the point he kept dwelling on was the ab pain, and he suggested it might be interstitial cystitis. i declined any "surgery" or whatever you would call it to see if i had it, because it did not seem to match up. So what do you think? Can the pain come from the spermadic cord, which i heard someone say goes up in the ab region, and i have that pain because of the varicocele? and also the atrophy is caused by the varicocele (i dont know why they wont believe me, my testicles are definitely smaller!) ? so what should i do? and is atrophy reversible if you just let a varicocele run its course?? thanks everybody!!!!

update: most of the pain has gone away and only occurs once in awhile...dull ache in testicle...stabbing pain in abdomen...but this is a rare occurence now. however, testicles are still small and i have little to no libido which is depressing!
iam feeling this pain to... it feels like its going down the back of my leg aswell as the testicle abdomin (abdomen) pain...... i sit for long hours and it gets very uncomfotable,what should i do.go to the docs or what.........
I have ahd it  6 weeks not, right testicle and area at base of penis, up toward hip pointer and soem into upper thigh. Exercise amkes it wors which is heartbreaking to me. Two bouts with antibotic (antibiotic) and not help. Test were all OK doc said testicle infection but antibotices did not cure it
Hey there i would be inclined to agree with Abe480.

It could be linked to the psoas muscle. The attatchment points for this mucle start at the lower spine and attatch in the groin. I have had the same problem before and had the psoas muscle released by a sportstherapist and the aslo worked on the groin muscles and through trigger pointing the muscles there has been a referred pain directly into the testicle. Find a musculo skeletal specialist in your area and let them try some muscle testing. Muscular pain can be the cause of so many pains.

Good luck
I am Responding to everyone's post...I had the same symptoms as all of U had described.."It's definately Acute Prostiatitis and not chronic"...My frequent visits to my primary physician, visits to the emergency room over the last year were useless as the pain was intermittent...hospital thought i was there as a pain med junky...sometimes i wonder if doctors are retarted and are more worried to rule out real medical problems towards prescription junkies.... I still haven't paid the hospital bill because in the end they prescribed me STD medicine instead...WTF..."RETARTS"...Worst pain i've ever had especially the sharp ones that last a constant 10 minutes..Weed was my savior as all my pain meds hardly helped...
Conclusion: Go C UR Urologist and get Antibiotics for a week....
i just read yours and saw how similar our circumstances are

im most worried about loss of testical size and libido

is it realted to varicocele? and is it reversible

urologist says symptoms are "general"
..I HAVE THE SAME PAINS BUT I GET IT IN MY HIP AND SOMETIMES ON MY RIGHT ABDOMEN AND SOMETIMES MY RIGHT TESTICLE AND I HAVE A PAIN IN MY LEG STARTING AT MY BUTT AND HIP AND WHEN IT STARTED I FELT LIKE MY BLADDER WAS FULL BUT I WENT 2 PEE AND STILL DIDN'T GO AWAY UNTILL A FEW DAYS LATER...CAN ANY1 HELP ME PLEASE I HAD HAD IT 4 A LONG TIME IT WAS WORST WHEN IT STARTED... HELP!!!!!!
I've been dealing with this for about two and a half months now. never had anything like it before. It started with small shooting pains where the leg attaches to the body and a weird feeling in the left testicle. nothing painful. but for the first time, i could actually "feel" my testicle, whereas i'd never really paid much attention to it before. a few days later, it stated hurting and i went to a doctor. he did a prostate exam and diagnosed me with prostatitis and epidytimitis (not sure the spelling on that last one). anyway, he put me on two weeks of doxycycline. after a week of taking this, the pain was so excruciating that i could barely walk, drive, lie down or anything. i got lightheaded and almost passesd out one time. so i went to another doctor. he told me the same thing. except he said the doxycycline wouldn't do anything and prescribed 2 weeks of levaquin, which helped the pain tremendoulsly withing one dose. about the end of the second week, i noticed the "feeling stating to come back. he ordered an ultrasound and they found no abcess (abscess) or epidytimitis or orchitis. the did say that there was a hydrocele, which i guess is excess fluid around the ball or something. maybe from the initial infection? i don't know. anyway, he prescribed an additional month of levaquin. i finished that up about a week ago, and still felt pretty much the same. went back yesterday and he gave me 6 weeks worth of bactrim antibiotics. what the hell? am i going to have to live on antibiotics for the rest of my life? i'm sure any bacteria has got to be dead by now. what's up with this stuff? i've never had any problems with anything like this before. and it's getting rather annoying and depressing!
My brother had cysts on his testicles and the doctor operated to remove them. He was still in pain from his testicles and his left abdomen. For two years he was on Percocet. He finally went to a doctor who injected Novocain into the epididymis and scrotum. He has no pain today. I’m experiencing the same thing and after a short run on antibiotic, ultrasound and examination by the urologist I’m going to go and have the same procedure done.

Hope this helped
in previous posts i mentioned what ails me.

varicoceles, smaller testes, and low libido.

apparently, size is in normal range, even tho i know its smaller for me, and so is testosterone levels....

what could be the problem then? could it be stress-related, and if so, reversible??
guys i have exactly the same problem. pain in right testicle and somtimes also lower abdomen sometimes in a day. i took antibiotics prescribes by my family docter but as soon as i left them the pain came back. the urologist i went to simply ignored my problem saying u r perfectly alright, nothings wrong, u have no pain etc n i wanted to kick him in his face. the pains still there and i wanna know wot to do abt it.....not another story which i have been reading since the last half hour...
I have same pain in my left testicle...for year now...i did CT scan of lower abdomen and two ultrasound tests....nothing coming up...noo hernia...also did lower back pain MRI nothing showing there about neves...i dono what to do...since i do have some lower baack pain...but major concern on left testicle pain...can someone help....i have paid soo much money on medical tests and different doctor visits including urologists....this is unbelievable....they cannnot diagnose the problem.....i am still living with the pain..i usually have lot of pain after sitting and standing for a while...pain kindaa goes away while movement and walking....im not sure what is the problemm....can someone hlep me pleasee....
I am 27 years old and I have been having lower right testicle pain that radiates into my abdomine and leg for almost a year.  I have been to a few family physicans and a few immediate care doctors that have either checked my prostate, felt my nuts for lumps, or checked my lower abdomine for hernias.  One of the doctors also checked my urine for a tract infection and found nothing.  A few months ago when I was masturbating there was a lot of blood in my semine but then it never happened again.  Related to the pain?? I don't know?  One odd thing though, before I found the blood in my semine I was in colorado skiing and for that whole week of hard activity the pain was completely gone, how strange, right?  I thought I was cured untill I came home to a restfull enviornment, lol.  Makes no sense!  Sometimes I think when I eat to much it makes the pain worse, then other times I dont eat enough and the pain occures?  What is this!!!???  Currently I do not have insurance and I dont want a million dollars in doctors bills to have them tell me the same unhelpfull stuff they are telling all you guys in the previous posts.  I  am pretty sure we are all dealing with the same things, and Im sure if no one can answer your worries then they won't be able to answer to mine eithjer, but I guess it helps to blog about it and read others who are having the same problems.  One thing that I dont know if anyone else is dealing with is genital warts.  I have been dealing with for probably 5 years.  Not severe at all, just very minor almost cant even see that disipate if I dont masturbate every day.  They are low risk but still worrysome.  Anyway if anyone can relate please say something.  Thanks!!!
Trying to help my husband figure out what is going on with pain in his abdomen and left testicle, I came across this article, it is rather helpful and also talks about the testicular atrophy that one of you described...you may like to have a peek, here is the link, cheers..

http://adam.about.com/encyclopedia/infectiousdiseases/Varicocele.htm

and

http://adam.about.com/encyclopedia/Testicle-pain.htm

good luck!
thanks. i had already read something similar. i told the DR. but the thing is HE DOESNT SEE TO BELEIVE ME! he does believe me about the lack of energy, but he doesnt exactly care enough to give any insight it seems. thanks anyway! if anyone else has a suggestion........
I posted this in the urology area, however it seems more fitting here. [quote]Approx. 4 days ago, I woke up with a dull pain in my right testicle,  I didnt think much of it, and assumed it would go away.  The pain is STILL here.  My symptoms are: Pain (dull ache of 3-4 to stabbing pains upward of a 8-9), swelling (rt teste is now significantly larger than normal), hardening in the teste, radiated pain up the inner groin to the right hip socket, lower backache, slight nausea, and a "fluid" that seems to be just around the right teste, however there is NOT any temperature variation between the testes, and there is NOT any unusual redness of the scrotum.  Has anyone heard/had all these symptoms?  Im really nervous that it could be testicular cancer.  
Other factors to include are: I am 28 yrs old, I am a smoker, I was recently around various pesticides and various chemicals used in the automotive industry, i have never had any problems with hernia, ED, etc.  Any suggestions?[/quote]
I have not been to the dr. yet, although my fiancee` is really wanting me to go, but being a stubborn guy, I want to do my research to see what Im in for before I decide to go.  Has anyone else experienced these symptoms?  THis has me really worried.  Right now the right teste is approx. .5 LARGER than the left, and it seems like the left is decreasing in size.  My biggest concern is obiviously cancer, all symptoms seem to point toward that result.  Anyone help me please?
I have the same symptoms with a little twist... I have a dull sometimes sharp pain above and in my left testicle, and sharp pains in my lower left abdomen. I have noticed decreased libido as well as smaller testicles. I also experiance burning while urinating, and uncomfortable ejaculation. the tip of my penis is very tender and when fully erect there are red spots  that dissappear after ejaculation. also notice irritation around anus after passing stools... very sick of this... all the doctors that  I have seen have diagnosed with prostititus and IBS... some have even said it is all in my head and I am perfectly healthy!
Hi, I'm 24 and have noticed the same discomfort in my "RIGHT" testicle.  The right is also my larger one.  I have done A LOT OF RESEARCH, and like you, I have found that most of the time antibiotics dont help.  I spoke with some friends of mine with similar problems.  If the pain is new, take the antibiotic, if you have had it for a while, don't bother.  I went to the health food store and purchased an anti-oxident Berry blend to help.  My research says to treat it as a Urinary infection FIRST.  If that doesn't help, then try messaging it tenderly feeling for the veins.  Your testicle has a mesh of spongy veins to distribute blood evenly.  Check for a valve, or enlarged vein.

Also, if you are suspicious of possible infection, DRINKING WATER will help get the infection out.  If you think a possible bacteria has traveled into your "ducts" then masturbate carefully.  This will help to clear out and discharge any infections.  Do this while drinking lots of water, atioxidents etc.  

MY QUESTION

These things have all helped me in managing this pain.  However, i notice flare ups after ejaculation.  I also noticed the other night after not masturbating for over a 2 weeks, that i felt like my "tubes" were tied.  It felt like they weren't being allowed to push the full amount of ejaculation out.  Is it possible to have a rupture?  This is definitely not just a case of Blue Balls as this has been going on for month's.  

Any ideas?  Im going to see if masterbating (masturbating) helps tonight, but if feels like some possible restriction of blood, or ejaculation. ANY THOUGHTS?  I would realy like us all to actualy find a resolutions to this.  I think the doctors waste our time and take our money when it comes to this.  

I happen to know that STRESS, DEHYDRATION, DIET, these things DIRECTLY affect the health of our prostate.  We all MUST EXERCISE.  
I had all of these same problems you are all reporting, left abdominal pain, left testicle pain like it was getting yanked on, back pain leg pain, it would come it would go, got checked for hernias went and got 4 different std tests, blood work, ct scan, ultra sound alll sorts of stuff, and not a single QUACK could give me an answer.  then after months of agony and anxiety and stressing out because they "couldnt" find anything medically wrong with me, I discovered a very small inguinal hernia which was pushing on the nerve in the inguinal canal causing ALL of the symptoms you have all been listing.  so check out for any small lump that you can push back in right along the left side of your abdomen, so DONT waste all the damn money that I did for the dr's to tell you a buncha b.s and give you a buncha anti biotics assuming you have an STD or infection, even when you keep coming back clean.  GO to a surgeon and have him just do a basic evaluation and im guessing you will find a small hernia! hope this helps, the surgery wasnt fun but worth the peace of mind, believe me
I have all the same symptoms has anyone found anything conclusive that has helped? I have had this for 4 years I think now... been to see every specialist under the sun. I have had two different hernia specialists and an ER doctor as well as a few GP's tell me I did not have a hernia. I am on low dosage antidepressants from my latest urologist. he thinks its a nerve problem where my nerves down there are overreacting to stimulus or misfiering.... What helps... not sitting for a long time... wearing boxer briefs and joging pants.... walking.... masssage.... accupunture... sitz baths or epsoms salts bath... aloe vera gel and vitamine e for the butt hole (its dry and itchy it seems)..... all these only help a little.... i do not think the antidepressants are doing anything.... (they are supposed to mess with your nerve receptors or something and modify your threshold for pain and maybe the body will forget about the pain is the theory.... I used to have a anal fissure and a hemroid and supposedly those are fixed now.... I think they were just compound issues although my pain is grealty improved having had those things taken care of... I think they were only compound issues....

Please PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME AND TELL ME SOMETHING USEFULL.

I have been trying accupunture and massage lately... been trying some yoga too... Nothing seems to really work. Was thinking to try and start swimming. Used to think activity aggrevated it but doing nothing agrrevates it too... I do not know which one is worse.

pain goes from not being there at all to ranging from a 1 - extremely painful
oh i forgot to mention if I am sitting down and it is very painful if i stick my hand down my pants and move my left nutt into just the correct position all the pain goes away instantly... I sorta lift it up and move it over... Not exactly an everyday sort of solution you can use in your office cubicle.. I have tried all kinds of scrotal supports nothing helps.
hi, luckily i havent had this problem before im 22 and im pretty active...by the sounds of things it sounds almost like you guys have a circulation problem because when you sit down it kinda cuts the flow off or laying down you arteries and viens might not be working to full capacity also the one person made a comment about jogging pants or sweats..that isnt very restrictive. im no doctor by any means but all these things sound blood related to me because when your active you have more blood flow thus it stops hurting as much. think of it as blue balls in reverse maybe....idk just a thought. good luck to all of you though
I have exactly the same problem. I am 27 years old now and I discovered a little lump on the top of my testicle, around 5 years ago. To be more precise, it feels like the lump is inside the epidymis. It is around ½ of centimeter in size and it hurts like hell. I have been to different doctors with it, around 5 times totally. I have ultrascanned my testicle twice, at the urologist, and they haven't found anything malicios. The pain varies in periods. It still hurts and sometimes it even hurts in the Ductus Deferens http://www.anatomyjanedoll.com/yahoo_site_admin/assets/images/male_anatomy_Pelvis.309100510.jpg

I don't know what to do. It annoys me alot, that I can't squeeze it a bit without getting pains. So I have to wear very loose pants.

If anyone knows any useful facts, please let me know. My email is ***@****
Hi I am 33 years old... I work at a computer all day.

Hey guys I feel your pain... Yep to the last guy i got that lump too and i have been to 4 urologists I eneded up having a varicocelle fixed last year did nothing for the pain. I have had two ultrasounds and they see nothing although 2 urologists say i have a cyst but that it shouldnt cause pain and its nothing to worry about.. I have had an mri, ct, xray, ecg* (i think... tested with electrical shocks to test for nerve damage.)

ok guys I have been dealing with this for 4 years I am no expert and I havent found a full fix but here are some things to checkout and some things to try.

my best guess now is I have CPPS and I have been reading up on this lately thanks to this forum... guys please post anything you can here that might be helpful maybe we can figure this out together.

I used to have an anal fissure and a hemroid so I dont know if you have thaat but it couldnt hurt to go see a gastroentorologist and get a camera stuck up your butt.

Some stuff to read (that I found informative)

http://chronicprostatitis.com/
http://www.prostate-massage-and-health.com/testicular-pain.html
http://www.prostate-massage-and-health.com/Anal-peripheral-prostate-massage.html
http://www.prostate-massage-and-health.com/external-prostate-massage.html
http://www.prostate-massage-and-health.com/peripheral-prostate-massage.html

this is what has helped me a little

- jogging pants are best as loose as possible
- boxer briefs are best (loose ones) I like the large from the gap
- sometimes a hard wooden chair works best
- sometimes a soft computer chair works best
- i have tried accupunture and that has helped quite a bit (she found sore spots all over my legs and groin and showed me how to massage them... this helped a lot
- go for a massage of the whole area that hurts pay close attention to any sore spots and work them yourself at least 15 minutes everyday
- one urologist told me to walk at least 1 mile per day (basically i need to be more active)
- do not sit for extended periods of time get up and go do something every so often
- sit as comforatably as possible as often as possible
- talk really hot baths with espom salts for at least 1/2 hour per day
- stretch daily
- aloe gel and vitamine e gel for your butt
- buy yourself the most comfortaable chair possible

things i am going to try

- pickup yoga, or tai chi, something i am going to look into
- take garlic supplement daily (i dont know cant hurt)
- take qurol supplement daily (sounds like there might be something there)
- try to start swimming and get more active in general
- read up on ccps and find a physiotherapist trained in this (might try to go to stanford they have a clinic supposedly)
- reading up on muscle relaxers, namely soma and valium
- I think this has to do with reffered pain and pelvic floor muscles
- might start the accupunture again and keep going with it... its about 50$ every two weeks.

thats all off the top of my head for now... if any of this helps you let me know... I hope it helps someone a little maybe... I know what its like :(

I am not a person that gives up easily but i have really lost faith sometimes.... Right now I am back on track to kick this things *** and get my life back.

post anything that has helped you guys

Thanks from a fellow pain in the ***. :)
Hey guys.. I wasn't going to post, but since this still seems like an active thread after years, I figured I'd contribute.

I have the same symptoms..left testicular pain, lower left abdomenal (abdominal) pain...my doctor told me a bunch of things...diverticulitis..that conditions when you have too much bad bacteria as a result of antibiotics.

It still persists..the testicular pain is on the very bottom of my testicle and is sensitive to the touch when I have an attack.  It seems to happen more when I wear briefs, or wear a belt too tight.

The things I'm research as a result of this thread is:
Prostatitis
Varicocele
Inguinal hernia

I'll let you know if anything works...please do the same.
-Rand
Guys I am not sure if we all have the exact same thing but this is my situation.

I think I am onto something with the CPPS.... I have ordered the book "a headache in the pelvis" is everyone else that is having this maybe similar to me and not all that active? I work sitting down at a computer all day.

Btw I had a Varicocele fixed on the left side and it did nothing for the pain.... Extremely rare that people feel pain from this.... As per several urologists.... I took a shot in the dark and insisted they operate after having come up empty on all other avenues we were investigating at the time.

I just got my doctor to prescribe muscle relaxers and I am not sure as its only been a few days but I think they are doing something.... I asked for valium as I read it is supposed to be the best but the doctor would not prescribe it due to it being highly addictive... I also asked for soma but supposedly its not available in canada. He prescribed something else

I am going to try yoga targeted at the pelvic floor muscles and maybe throw some swimming in there.... Hot baths also seem to help me a lot.

I got checked for prostate pain the other day they stick a finger up your butt and apply pressure to the prostate and ask you if it hurts. In my case it didnt feel good but it didnt hurt either.

Keep your heads up gents I have faith that one day we will all be pain free.

Oh another good way to get rid of the pain is to drink 3 - 4 double vodka tonics :)

If you look above I listed some good links for CPPS.
I found a clinic / study for CPPS at mcgill university in montreal, quebec, canada

maybe you can find something similar in your area... haven't gone yet but ill let you guys know if it helps at all... I have an appointment on dec 9th

reference

http://www.mcgill.ca/newsroom/news/item/?item_id=104779

Caroline Maykut, Research Coordinator
514-398-5323
***@****

Also got referred to some physiotherapists specializing in cpps

Physiotherapists

►  Claudia Brown
Ph.#: 514-259-3791
Address: 5700 St. Zotique , Rm 205, Montreal East

►  Marie-Josée Lord
Ph.#: 514-697-1141
Address: 101 Avenue Doneganie, Pointe Claire

►  Louise Perrin
Ph.#: 514-278-5906
Address: 415 St. Joseph Est

If you can't find something in your area... Montreal is a cool city to checkout... It's the most European city in north america.

Again I don't know if this is the answer but I am giving it a shot.... I have a good feeling about this so far.

Hi, I thought I was the only one suffering from this... the pain seemed to have gone after using bengay... but it has started again in the morning. Planning to see a doc tomorrow... I will update after visiting the doc...

Guys pls post your any home remedies or treatments...

Thanks,
Order the book "a headache in the pelvis" 5th edition available on amazon I was going to wait and see if it helped me first but I thought I'd update you guys... oh and really find a good physio therapist trained in cpps.... also maybe read on "Pudendal Neuralgia" mentioned by the cpps physio lady I spoke with... I am on 3 different waiting lists to see a physio... haven't gotten that far with this yet but the symptoms seem similar to cpps... guys I think this is referred pain from muscles or nerves in my case at least.. I am trying all kinds of stuff... just thought id let you know what direction I am heading in.

http://www.tipna.org/info/SymptomsInfo.htm
a really hot bath for 30 mins with epsom salts... and read all my previous posts.
That is what my urologist said as well: taking hot baths around 30 minutes at a time.

How are you taking a bath? A bath tub, where you lower your whole body or a cup/glass where you bath your testicles only? I am considering to buy a minor plastic bath tub, where I can lower my abdomen.

That salt you are talking about - what is that exactly? Where do I buy that?

And finally about the condition it self. The pain is killing me. What is this condition exactly? Is that the spermatic valves that are blocked, that are forming this painful lump? And is there a surgical way to remove this thing forever?

I appreciate all the information.
Read all my posts... I have a very strong suspicion that I have CPPS... Get the book "A headache in the pelvis" 5th edition available on amazon... find a physio therapist trained in cpps... the hot baths I just take a hot bath really hot and put your whole body in it... you can try other methods i guess but a really hot bath (as hot as you can stand without burning yourself) for 30 mins is what helps me i just lay back and relax... the epsom salts are available at almost any pharmacy just ask the pharmacist to show you where they are supposed to be good for muscle pain) google is your friend.... go to a doctor and get him to prescribe muscle relaxers I am on apo-cyclobenzaprine 10mg I take one at night before bed and a half pill during the day if my symptoms are bothering me i think they are working not positve.... (ps I also just ordered valium from terameds.org dont know if its legit but the doc wouldnt give them to me as they are supposed to be highly additive but they are also supposed to be the best) 4 years of pain i said ill take the chance... i hope this helps you or anyone else for that matter... again read all my posts and look at all the links and for the love of god order the book "a headache in the pelvis" it talks about exactly what everyone in this forum is describing...... we need to stretch exercise and massage... if you smoke quit... practice relaxing... concentrate when it hurts and try to fel if you are tensing your pelvic floor muscles or anal/anus muscles... i was i just recently discored... on a 12 hour car ride i practiced this with great success....  do you live near california? if yes go to stanford they have a six day intensive clinic for this...

as far as the question for surgery is concerned no i dont think you need surgery and it would probably make things worse... get the book and do all the other stuff i said and get back to me to let me know if anything helped.. supposedly we dont need drugs and we dont need surgery.... it might be a stress induced condition of tense muscles due to stress....

im signing up for yoga going to call around for beginer classes targeted at the pelvic floor muscles.... do you sit a lot? i works at a computer all day.... its people with stressful jobs and sedentary lifestyles who get this most commonly... im just pissed that it took me 4 years to figure it out and like 20 or more doctors didnt have a single clue...

im am not a doctor and im just guessing based on hundreds of hours of research over the last four years.... im just trying to help people with my horrible learning experience... i think i am on the right path and i see a light at the end of the tunnel for once... haven't seen one in a long long time with this problem... forgive the spelling and punctuation I'm tired and lazy..

please let me know if I have helped anyone with my comments :) I am slowly starting to feel better i think.... still too soon to tell for sure though.
aleque the bump is prob just a cyst like mine which isnt supposed to cause pain... you are probably feeling referred pain get the book i mentioned... people have had their testicle and epiditimis removed and they were still in pain.... reading the book i mentioned is worth waiting on before exploring surgical options.... In my total guestamating opinion you do not need surgery.... i thought it was the cyst causing the pain for a really long time i argued with several urologist before i did more research.
other books i ordered to read after "a headache in the pelvis 5th edition"  btw I am 100 pages in and its a great read in my opinion.... its giving me hope...

- heal pelvic pain by amy stein, mpt
- trigger point therapy for myofascial pain, the practice of informed touch,
What you are writing giving me hope. I bought epsom salt and a plastic tub yesterday and took a hot bath for ½ hour and it mitigated the pain a bit. I am continuing the procedure. Also I will buy the book, when I feel I can afford it.

I will watch this forum closely for any activity.
Maybe try the library.... I really feel the book is the first step in getting us all some serious help on this matter. The people who wrote it understand the problem.

If you cant get it at your library sometimes you can ask them to order it from a affiliated library.

Good luck.
Got an appointment to see a physiotherapist trained in cpps and pelvic floor muscles and trigger point release on the 2nd of December....  Supposedly there are only 5 in the montreal area. I will update you guys if anything comes of it... I am excited I think this is it. its gonna be between 75$ - 90$ each time and they will let me know how many times I will need to come and they will give me a routine to do at home. This is right in line with what the chinese holistic doctor was telling me and showing me... I have hard knots in my legs and groin area which is causing this pain. While The chinese doctor was good I think this needs a highly trained specialist in specifically this area to get the most amount of benefit possible.
Please let us know, how it went. About those knots in the leg: how did you get those? Where are they located? How are they planning to remove/fix them?
not sure how I got them... but i have sore spots and the way to get rid of them it seems is to massage them and stretch and to concentrate on not tensing your pelvic floor muscles... i have to practice paradoxical relaxation.... I will update you guys as soon as I have something to update you with. I am 200 pages into the book I mentioned and I am continuing to learn stuff about this condition.... Still have a god feeling I am on the right path.

The book has stretching and massaging diagrams and instructions. It also explains how to relax your tense muscles.
you asked where the sore spots where.... in the groin... in my thighs... in my calf muscle in my buttocks etc... on the inside of my left thigh... all over and they massage them out like a knot in your back or shoulder. The Chinese healer first showed them to me and taught me how to massage them at home.... Made a big difference.... I just need to figure out the rest of it now and get 100% healed
Ok. If you wish to share any of those massage techniques, I would be delighted.
I just went for a massage shiatsu oriental bar therapy, gravity assisted massage.... I think it did some good... it was 99$ for an hour and a half... The therapist concentrated on my left leg and my inner left thigh... I think he referred to it as the liver meridian and he mentioned this is a place lots of people store their anger and stress... He also massaged my back, buttocks, shoulders and neck... but he mostly focused on my left leg, left inner thigh and left groin area... He also mentioned to take very hot Epsom salt baths once a day for at least 30 minutes (seems to be a very common recommendation)... He also suggested I get a "circular air filled disc" to sit on at the pharmacy... (I just went and picked one up)...

The way to massage at home is to search intensely for sore spots then work on them like kneading dough sorta, like rub them, knead them, push them out... push the skin.... If you go for a few professional massages you might learn a few things you can apply at home.... The Chinese doctor felt it was all within my power to heal... just depends how much time and effort I was willing to put into it.. Maybe do some searching online for a better explanation or maybe go to the library to get a book... you use both hands if possible or where possible and you use your index fingers and the ones next to them and push around / apply pressure in a circular motion....

Hope this helps...

My main focus right now

- reading a headache in the pelvis, then the two other books I mentioned
- got a physio appointment on dec 2nd with a cpps specialist
- registered for a clinic on cpps on dec 9th at mcgill university
- epsom salt baths daily, 30 mins at least as hot as possible
- taking my muscle relaxers
- focusing on not stressing out or tightening my pelvic floor muscles... paradoxical relaxation..
- going to go for more massages like I mentioned above.
- might register for a beginner yoga session and see where that leads.
- the maso-therapist mentioned swimming would be good

Very curious to know if this is helping anyone else?????? Even just a little relief???

I do however still strongly believe I am on the path to recovery... slow but steady.
A related discussion, Ridge on front of testicle? was started.
Hello
i have very similar problem as you guys have listed. I'm 26 years old and have been very active for past Year, like Hardcore working out for 5 times a week, My sport games during the weekend which also includes plenty of running. When i first notice the pain it was in the morning after i got out of the shower and tried to wear my boxers and i lifted my leg to wear my boxer i felt a sharp pain. or after when i bend over to wear my socks. than there was nothing all day long. and now for past 2 month it's getting worse. i don't feel like when i first felt it. it's just that its there all the time now. It's on my right side and also feel on my right inner thigh. Got ultra sound done, nothing but hydrocele, and been to surgeon for hernia. Now when i touch my testicles i can feel no pain at all, i mean i can touch all i want but will not feel pain getting worse . If i'm busy doing something i would not even notice the pain. I have notice that lifting weights makes it worse. i mean i rested last weekend for 3 days and monday i was feeling a lot better and than i went to gym from monday to wednesday and pain got worse... Pain is there all the time now for past 2 months. Annoying as it can be. i do not have problem when i ejaculate or have sex or when i pee... But one thing due to the pain i do not want to have sex or i'm not getting Erect that easily as i used was.. Erection is not a problem but due to pain it just kills the whole idea or the mood... Now last night i took a Sitz Bath for 30 min and after it helped for 30 mins than the pain was worse as it ever had been i can say for about 30 mins.. than it got better i slept better and woke up better.. i do sit front of the computer through out the day.. and do notice that horrible pain it's just when i'm not thinking anything else i'm thinking about the pain and i'm only 26 i don't want to be thinking about the stupid pain i want to think about girls like i use too... Now i have stopped all activities and going to give rest to my body and see if that will cure the pain. I do think it's related to back pain or maybe i have injured my self working out.. so will give rest to my body to see if the pain clearly goes away..

Please Help Can this be CPPS
i really need help a few months ago i strained my self using ankle weights and my left testicle got bigger and the right one got smaller at first it pain me but it stop now and my testicle  never went back to normal  how can i fix this  
please help  

thank you
Ok Gentlemen please read my comments above... I say this cause I want to help you guys.... I vowed that if ever I found something that helped me I would try and help people with this horrible condition.

This is what is helping me I believe after hundreds of hours of research and seeing dozens of medical specialists in various disciplines.

1 - Find a physiotherapist that specializes in pelvic floor muscle dysfunction and go for an evaluation...

2 - Get and read these two books
- a headache in the pelvis 5th edition" or better ie 6th or 7th i dont know.
- heal pelvic pain by amy stein, mpt (gives lots of stretches and exercises to perform)

More to the story go see the best urologist in town... Get someone to prescribe you Valium and take 5 milligrams at night before bed... make sure not to drink alcohol... make sure you can get 8 hours of sleep or you will not wake up.

Start swimming

I cant stress enough how important it is to get those two books I mentioned above.....

I went to the physiotherapist and I do indeed have a problem with my left side... She gave me exercises to perform at home...

Got to run so thats all for now send me a question if you have one ill be more than happy to try and help more....

believe me try this stuff people PLEASE....

This is not a problem that you pop a pill for and it goes away you have to be dedicated to helping yourself and healing.
Just to let you guys know it seems I do have CPPS... Confirmed by the physiotherapist and confirmed by a university study on CPPS.

To recap this is what is helping me (I am not a doctor and I am just telling you what is helping me...)

The physio therapy, relaxation, reading, hot baths with epsom salts, valium, massage, stretching, not sitting uncomfortably for long periods of time, concentrating on posture all the time or as much as possible, sometimes I wear a back brace when sitting to keep my posture proper... Constantly focusing on not tensing up or clenching my pelvic floor... Feeling all around for some spots and making sure to stretch those muscles and massage those areas... Getting in tune with my body basically and listen to what it is telling me. If it hurst I try to do something else... Do not work out at the gym or at least do not do weight training... Cardio is recommended but I havent started any yet... Supposedly cardio is a natural pain killer as it releases endorphins and helps to heal with better circulation and blood flow and oxygenated muscles and release of lactic acid (i think)... Again I do not claim to absolutely know anything I am just giving you my best informed opinion I might be slightly wrong here or there... Oh my big problem the physio therapist told me was shortened pelvic floor muscles on the left side (where my pain is) and tightened hamstrings (probably from doing too many squat thrusts in the gym several years ago without proper stretching or warm up or break in period and using way too much weight) So she gave me two stretches to do for my hamstrings...

make sure to read my earlier posts FYI.

what exercises I am doing right now that were recommended by the physio therapist
sorry i dont have time to look up youtube videos so I will explain them the best I can
3 reps of 20 - 30 seconds 5 times a day
ham string stretch # 1 put your leg up on a stool and keep your other leg straight and your back straight and lean forward till you feel a good strectch in your hamstring... TAKE IT SLOW AND DO NOT FORCE... VERY SLOW... YOU CAN SET YOURSELF BACK WEEKS AND MONTHS IF YOU OVER DO IT. You just want to feel a good decent (be nice to your body) stretch. Alternate so you do each leg 3 reps each 5 times per day. a stretch is not going to do anything unless you do it for 20 - 30 seconds each time.
stretch # 2 put one leg up on the back of your couch or something (basically something pelvis height and keep you back and other leg straight and lean forward (this stretches some muscles in the pelvic floor.

these are different

the elevator is what she calls it you clench you pelvic floor muscles sorta like you are trying to flip your penis up when its hard... then you practice on letting go all the way total relaxation and then learn that feeling and concentrate on always being relaxed... you do this 5 times a day 3 reps each too basically you try to clench all the way up very slowly and then all the way down very slowly... dont force too hard just give it a squeeze.
then there is breathing look it up something like asipicol, osterior i dont know anyways there are three of them one you fill the top of your lungs while deep breathing again slow... 3 reps 5 times per day... the other one is you fill the sides of your lungs at the bottom... the last one is you fill your belly (this ones supposedly relaxes the pelvic floor.)

thats all for now from the physio.
donations can be sent to my paypal account :)
oh and consider going to see a phycologist or phychiatrist for anxiety or at the very least start thinking about it... are you a stressful person? I didn't think I was but I am convinced now that I am.
I am going to try and start swimming and I am still looking for a awesome computer chair or cousin or something... I also plan on analyzing my posture when sitting and making sure all my body parts are at the right height for me... ie desk, chair, hands, elbows, back straight? shoulders etc etc...

ask me more questions if you like.

please read my previous posts...

supposedly no one gets fixed from this unless they are 150% dedicated to getting rid of it...

if you are overweight go on a diet and start walking and or swimming
if you smoke cigarettes stop.
if you smoke maraguana stop.
if you drink coffee stop
start drinking water.... start eating well.

blahhh... ok thats all for now I am not proof reading this or going back to fix punctuation and grammar. :)

Take care my friends and lets hope we all see an end to our pain in 2010... Mine is absolutely on its way to getting better. I am sure of it now.

Please let me know if any of this has helped anyone... I am very curious to know if we have similar issues.

I have been experiencing all the symptoms people describe (testicular pain, abdominal pain, groin pain, occasional pain in kidneys, etc). It always seems to radiate to different places at different times, with varying levels of pain. My treatment has been similar to most, diagnosed with epididymitis, prescribed multiple antibiotics, urologist visits, ultrasounds, bloods, urine, etc, all to no avail. The antibiotics did seem to clear it up and relieve the pain in the beginning but it quickly came back after finishing the first one two courses and now they do nothing. Perhaps it was just a placebo affect.

Anyway, looking back at things that changed before this began, I did get a new recliner chair a week a few weeks before this began, and the pain would always be bad when I sat in it. The last few weeks I have tried just sitting on hard chairs all the time. Its not the most comfortable but it has actually been the best thing for me so far. I still have a slight dull pain in that general region, but nothing like before. I have tried sitting in softer chairs again since, and after a few minutes it seems like the pain is coming back like before. I don't have any kidney or groin pains since and feel much better. Theres some slight back pain from hard chair but well worth it in comparison.

Anyway, I just wanted to share this with everyone, I have been browsing these forum like most for months now looking for some help. Spending some more time researching this I think its possible I have some kind of nerve damage. I have found a condition called Pudendal Neuralgia, which is a condition of the peudenal nerve, possible entrapment. The symptoms seem to be similar to what I have experienced ( the pain is better while sleeping, i.e. its doesn't wake you up, I would feel better in the morning and the pain would get progressively worse through the day). Have a look at the following link:

http://www.stjosephs-phx.org/Medical_Services/Womens_Services/196316

Best of Luck
hi guys   this may sound simple but take ur package out of the bowel b4 u wipe  worked 4 me
I am a 17 and i have had a small irritating pain that comes and goes in my left testicle, it seems to do this only when i am laying down at night. Also when i go to feel my Testicle it is hard to describe but it basicly feels like i have more than one cord going down to my left tesicle..it is very weird. it is right on top of my testicle...just a bunch of cord things, i dont know but it has me kinda worried...any one have ideas or opinions to help me??
Im NO expert but this seems to be the case when blood does not reach to testicles!!! Since most of you say it happens after laying or sitting down for too long!!!
Oxygen which is caried by blood through the very fine blood vessels to the testicles maybe less than what the testicles need!!! This could be caused by twisting of testicles!!!
Searching on the net i found this link and thought it might be of some help:
http://www.emedicinehealth.com/testicular_pain/page2_em.htm
I got same problem im 25yrs old, IT GOES AWAY if i raise my legs laying down
STDs: Clear
Anti biotics : not much difference
could some one please suggest steps one should follow, like which test should be done first, 2nd test and so on......

CAUSES OF LOWER ABDOMINAL AND TESTICULAR PAIN

http://www.ehow.com/facts_4966901_causes-lower-abdominal-testicular-pain.html
Ok, I found this thread a while ago, and I thought I would post back on it after finding something really helpful. Just a warning, it's a bit on the long side.

The short story: work on your posture.

I know that this sounds like a stupid and far too easy fix, but bear with me. This probably  won't work for everyone, but it might be true for some.

A few months ago, I started having pain in my lower right abdomen. The pain gradually spread to my right testicle and was severe. To the point that I was limping while walking, having trouble sitting, and sometimes if I tapped my testicle by accident I would feel a little nauseous. I noticed a bump on the back of it. I finally went to the doctor who told me it was epididymitis, prescribed me levaquin and sent me on my way. Two days after starting the levaquin, I began to have symptoms of Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Syndrome (a nightmare of a different color), and was switched to dioxycylin.
After two weeks, I felt fine. Until the antibiotics were over.
Then the pain came back, and was in my left testicle too, so I went back to my doctor, who sent me to a urologist.

At the urologist, I had an ultrasound done, blood, urine and semen tests. Everything normal. Normal hormones, normal size, normal blood flow, no blood in the urine or semen, sperm count was pretty normal. No STDs or other bacteria.
We sat down in his office, and he started asking a bit about my personal life. I'm 6'0", 137 pounds, work in an office at a computer and have been dating the same girl for almost two years now. I'm a vegetarian, don't own a car and walk everywhere, take my vitamins and am c competitive cyclist.
That's where he stopped me. He asked what events, being a cyclist himself.
I race track and individual time trials, both of which have very aggressive riding positions.  
He told me to go see a sports medicine doctor.

Once there, he told me I probably had a pinched nerve in my back, and that's what was causing all the problems. At first I scoffed, until he showed me photos he had taken of me sitting at a desk typing in his office, and then me on a training bike.

My posture is AWFUL. At a desk, I was hunched and curled over the keyboard, my back slumped, my shoulders forward. And on the bike I wasn't much better. Shoulders hunched, back saggin, hips tilted in.
He recommended I start sleeping on a harder bed (my girlfriend hates it), work on my core, and really pay attention to my posture. He explained to me that the pelvic area, from lumbar to anus to balls, is literally tunneled with nerves, tubes, canals, veins and muscles, the connections of which are pretty poorly understood. With so many things so interconnected, sometimes it's very difficult to understand where the pain is even originating, because referred pain is so common down there.

After a week or so, the pain was pretty much gone, although it does come back from time to time if I start getting slouchy again- but it's not nearly as bad.

The other thing he cautioned me about is anxiety. Part of it really is all in your mind. Your balls hurt. Your balls aren't supposed to hurt. The doctor can't figure it out. So you worry, and that just produces more pain. Every new ache and twinge is new cause for concern. You focus in on the pain and everything else fades away.

Like I said, this isn't for everyone, but at least just give it a shot. After all, most of the other treatments haven't worked much for anyone else on here.
Hi there,

Hope this helps a few of you

I found a small lump on my left testicle nearly 10 years ago and immediately consulted a doctor who insisted he couldnt feel anything..

This same scenario persisted until i was eventually sent for an ultrasound and was referred to a,opcal uroligist. It turned out the lump was just part of the veins and muscles that are attatched to my testicle and that I had something called Epididymitis

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epididymitis

as you can see from the picture in the link things down there arent quite as simple as we all think!! :)

anyways, i have had the pain thats being discussed ever since then in varying forms.. Its more annoying than anything but doesnt cause me any major problems..

Im currently going thru a rather nasty bout of it and have returned to the doctors as a precautionary measure.. Im 27 now.. Its just a part of my life that i am used to.. It passes and its not so bad, its more the worry..

Make sure you definately all get it checked out, however the chances are it'll just be a case of anti inflammatorys!

Be well :)

Lewis
Posture is a big part of this problem... I am doing lots of work and research into improving my posture. New trick also massage your butt with a tennis ball up against a wall or on the floor... you roll around on it... oh also all the stretches in the book "heal pelvic pain" i mentioned earlier is doing wonders.

Read all my old posts for more details but this is what is helping right now

- hot baths everyday for 1 hour with epsom salts... as hot as you can stand
- physio therapist once a week specializing in pelvic floor muscle dysfunction
- reading "heal pelvic pain"
- doing all the stretches and massages in that book daily
- massaging my butt with a tennis ball
- walking a mile or two every day...
- going to start the elliptical trainer at the gym soon
- whatever you do... DO IT SLOW AND EASY... don't hurt yourself and make it take longer
- Valium 5 milligrams before bedtime (make sure you can get 8 hours of sleep)
- improving my diet
- loosing weight
- not sitting uncomfortably for long periods of time as much as I can help it.
- when i sit i concentrate on posture and sitting up straight.

Wow I just posted that my son seems to have this issue.  He is young.  This sounds similar to what he complains of.  He says his left testicle feels heavy, the skin even hurts around it.  The pain is worse when standing.  The pain goes into his hip bone.  when its really bad it goes into his back.  When he was 11 he had his circumcision re done as the skin was attached to the head and tearing back as he was growing, this caused infection to travel and they suspected his testicle pain was from that.  He was on antiboic and anti-imflamitory and they did a scope down the penis to the testicle at the same time as the circumcision and said it was fine.  The pain has come back on and off over the years.  Hes in so much pain he misses school and we have no answers.  He is going back to the specialist next week and this post has given me questions to ask.

Any other thoughts on what this pain could be?  He wants to know what else he can do to help the pain.  He now has a hot water bottle on his lower abdomin (abdomen) and testicles..an idea from another post and that is helping a bit.  

Being Mom i really dont seem to be much help with testicle troubles so thanks for replies
I am feeling better... Every week I get a little better

Massage your *** and lower back by rolling around on a tennis ball if it hurts concentrate on the area taking it slow and doing a little more every other day... it shouldn't hurt... if it hurts that because that is where you have the problem.

The muscle that i have a problem with is called the iliococcygeus on the left side (supposedly its the one that commonly causes pain when sitting)

I do all the stretches from the "heal pelvic pain book" which takes me about an hour each time.(I try to do this every day) most times i get to it every other day.

posture posture posture.... get your posture analyzed read up all kinds on how to improve it and concentrate on it all the time.

find a physio therapist specializing in pelvic floor muscle dysfunction... do not pay to go see anyone if they are not specifically specialized in this.

I am 20 years old and been having similar symptoms since past 1 week. Pain in right testicle and left abdomen (usually when i yawn or take deep breath). Also, get tired very soon and pain in thighs while walking.
Will consult my family doctor and a Urologist soon.
Just found out that messaging the vein/duct to my right testicle helps ease the pain.
Does this suggest I have CPPS? Also, since I am in India, finding a specialist for it will be very very difficult. Any suggestions?
PS: really appreciate the great work being done by Beep123. Keep continuing.
wow,, three years and so far not even a signle person came back with an answer. I guess my problem of 8 months is just the begenning.
well my problem is a bit different , it started with all the symptoms of gonorreah, got treated for that sh*t 3 times, been on antibiotics for 6 times, have taken antibiotics on my own by increasing the dose to 4 times.
blood test results clear
std results clear
urine results clear.
used to have occasional discharge which i still do.
I had cystoscopy done on me, the results are clear.
have an appointment with the same urologist who did the cystoscopy on march 2nd.
the pain in the testicle started about 2 months ago. it wasnt there for the first 6 months. now its getting worse and actually radiates down to my leg.and also shoots up to my groin and lower abdomin (abdomen) area.
the pain in the testicle shifts from right testicle to the left and back again. but mostly it is in the left one.
EVERY BODY SAYS THERE IS NOTHING SHOWN IN THE TESTS.
so I guess i like all other guys here should live with pain , discomfort, increased risk of testicular cancer, high risk of infertility and so on.

i know its sad , but reality is sometimes sad.
Ok I know this is old but I have
Been having a sharp pain in my right lower. Abdomen and in my right testicle did ne1 ever figure this out
Ok here is an experiment so far. When I massage my nut hard (with the whole hand), it feels relieved after some time. Like it was filled with too much liquid, and after massage it mitigates. Try and see if it helps. I think it's some damage from childhood, where there is a leak in the tissue and it keeps filling up with too much fluid and becomes very sore. Try this out, and report back please.
Did anyone ever strain to hard after a bowel movement and begin to have these pains?
Actually when i was blowing my nose very hard (few weeks ago), the pain in my right nut came back. So perhaps it has something to do with some blood vessels down there, that can't handle to be overstrained <-- I don't know if its the right word though.
The massage works a little but then the pain comes on again....

Aleque I agree that it is a blood vessel but us men have to find it...the best way i described to the doctor was in a question...I said had he ever laughed while pissing(abdominal pin point). That is where it is it runs along the hip bone...

Yeah I am aiming at what the Dr. told me.....
He diagnosed me with hip flexor strain with a twist or groin strain......the Dr. stated that when i walk my Psoas muscle seems to heat up (become inflamed) and right along that muscle runs the spermatic cord....when also becomes inflamed causing the testicle pain.....
Makes since but just trying to get rid of this damm pain...has stopped me from working right now.....im at the the point where i want my nut removed.....

Sorry to hear about your great paint :( I know exactly the feeling. But what amazes me the most is that you mention the hip-thing. I have a wierd condition, where the right side (the same side as my painful nut) of the hip snaps slightly when i make a specific movement with my leg. I have also been wondering if that is somehow interconnected. If spermatic cord really is so close to the hip joint, then it figures! Because if THAT is the case, then seeing a chiropractor would be the right thing to do, right?

I remember that I went to some martial arts training, when I was a teenager, and once I have had kicked too high up in the air, without have warmed up first that I could almost feel something snapped down there.. that is one of my theories how this pain came to be.

I am awaiting more replies with excitement. I am relieved to know that I am not alone, and I can only imagine how much most of you wish this pain to go away.
Yes...my pain is subsiding, but at times by back begins to burn....I am so puzzled......
Chiropractor is my next step....if not Im have this not removed....
This morning during my groin stretches my left leg (where testicle pain is) I felt this popping as well...hmmmmm...maybe to much fluid???
So.. today I was at the urologist again. To be more precise it is a Surgical Urologist Clinic (translated directly from Danish). Another thorough ultrasound scan, and still no sign of any malignant symptoms. But today the procedure was different. Rather than laser treatment (like the last time), I recieved an injection into one of the vessels in the area of the testicle. It was a substance called Xylocain Ammoniumsulfat, and the urologist said that it would stun/paralyse the nerve cells, that cause the pain. He said that in the first 6 hours after the injection there would be no pain, but after that i would be sore for a few days. I don't have any soreness now, but i am excited to see if it will do any good, or if it is just another cosmetic procedure, that postpones the problem.

Another meeting was arranged though, right after the injection, one month from now.
I will keep you updated.
Please do....
My opinion is that if you get your nutt removed you will still be in pain and just be missing a nutt (or that's what I have read at least)... Get the books I mentioned and do the stuff I said to do and see how it goes... I AM AT ABOUT 30 - 40% OF WHERE I USED TO BE IN TERMS OF PAIN... AND IT JUST KEEPS GETTING BETTER. GO SEE A PHYSIO THERAPIST SPECIALIZING IN PELVIC FLOOR MUSCLE DYSFUNCTION AND OR CPPS.

Good luck people (I am just trying to help... I don't know if this is what everyone else has but it sure damn well sounds like it and after 4 years of research this is what has been helping me)

- stretch routine from the book heal pelvic pain
- 1 x 5 milligrams of valium at bedtime
- massage everywhere that hurts all the time
- massage your *** by rolling around on a tenis ball
- take super super hot baths for 1 hour daily with epsom salts
- read all my previous posts......
- if you aren't comfortable when sitting do something about it don't just freaking sit there for hours in pain.

good luck people...

THIS IS THE YEAR I AM GOING TO GET RID OF MY PAIN.
the pain numbing shot you mentioned i think is a band-aid solution..... don't get me wrong id try it too with the amount of pain i experience but i don't think its going to fix your problem....

did you read the books i mentioned?

did anyone read the books I mentioned? WHO WANTS TO BE PAIN FREE?
Im 18 and Ive had the exact same symptoms over the past week. Started with lower abdominal pain on both sides but has focused on right side over the last couple of days. I also noticed pain in my lower back and right testicle. I noticed that the pain becomes worse after sex. Im thinking it could be a strain or multiple strains. I went to a nurse practitioner and she said it was most likely muscle pain but it has become significantly worse and ive never had muscle pains like this. Anyone have any ideas or advice?
Hey Beep thx to all ur hard work dont think all ur posts have been in vain I have been diagnosed with a similar injury been having the pain for over 3 months now!!!! and its freaking annoying if anything I read a lot of ur content or all of it!! and tried some of the stuff u suggested and some of the stuff the other users suggested!!! but my case is very similar if not the same to what you and the other users have posted but yeah I seem to be having pain in my right testicle the pain would shoot down to my leg and my back or the lower region of my back... @ first I thought the pain would go away by itself but it doesnt seem to be progressing...  I tried doing some of the content you described and it helps a bit... walking and moving especially helps... also some guy hit me in my testicle so thats how I ended up on here on this forum ended up finding this thread after researching and reading about other peoples similar problems... Also sitting on a hard wooden chair that helps.. with the back problem a bit not with the testicle though... the pain is still there.. took a bath with that salt that helps a bit 2 for a half an hour today... did some massaging today 2, also looking to get those 2 books u suggested Beep123!!!  but might have to go see a doctor since this all started after some guy hit me in my right testicle and its been hurting ever since... which ***** the pain sometimes would mediate from very bad too good to ok.... but it would never be gone for sure... also at times it would be better when I masturbate and other times it woudl get worst not sure if there is any correlation between the two... I might even try sleeping on the floor to see if it helps... Ill keep u guys updated

but I think everyone should keep posting in order to keep us updated on how they are doing!!!

Thx
I am feeling much better I have been getting progressively better for  long time now... I sleep on my side on a firm mattress with a pillow between my knees... I find that helps... Also wearing pants that fit and wearing them properly... I found this article. http://www.shopwiki.com/wiki/Mens+Pants it made sense.... Did any of you gain weight and are still wearing the same pants as when you were 20 lbs lighter?

Some days now are 90% better than my worst days and I keep having days that are better than the next.

The main things that i still feel helped me (and continue to do so)

- physio therapist specializing in pelvic floor muscle dysfunction
- book headache in the pelvis
- book how to heal pelvic pain
- epsom salt baths at least 30 mins every day (as hot as possible)
- valium (5mg) before bed (this stuff is the best muscle relaxer available i think) does wonders for me.
- concentrate and make sure im not tensing any muscles all the time
- concentrate on posture 24/7... if im not comfortable that means i need to move and do something else.
- buy pants that fit properly
- get active, walk or workout on an elliptical trainer everyday
- 30 to 40 minutes of stretching and massage everyday. (from the book heal pelvic pain)

- buy underwear that fit (i like boxer briefs from the gap)
- make sure none of you pants or underwear are even a little tight
- I wear very loose jogging pants around the house
- bought myself a good pair of running shoes (high end asics gels, solyte, duomax)
- I search constantly all around for anything that hurts especially in the shower and make sure to massage that area every well as often as possible till it feels better.
- massage in and around you anus with aloe gel (mentioned in more detail above in one of my previous posts) its basically one of the many things the physio therapist does...

thats all for now folks...

do you guys drive a manual car?
do you guys sit hunched over at a computer all day?
are you not at all active?

I am also taking these supplements daily btw

Jameson Vitamins

- vitamin C
- cod liver oil
- garlic extract
- multi vitamin
- valium 5mg (sometimes i take 10mg feels good :) highly addictive watch out....

- Metamucil (very good must try this....)

- Q-Urol (Not sure if its worth it... I bought it so I take it....)

I bought a vibrating massager but I think my hands and rolling around on a tennis ball on the floor is time better spent.

All day, every day concentrate on sitting up properly and posture... Read up on posture... go see a posture specialist.

The main thing I understand now to put it in very simple terms is I have pelvic floor muscle dysfunction... overly / hyper contracted, constantly contracted Iliococcygeus on the left side muscle http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iliococcygeus_muscle

THE PAIN IN YOUR NUT IS REFERRED PAIN.....

this seems to be exacerbated by stress, bad posture, sitting for long periods of time, not exercising regularly, etc... Also can be triggered by an injury.. its like your bodies defense mechanism (oh there is danger??? today's version might be stress or an initial injury) tense up and protect yourself... problem is sometimes your body forgets to let go and this becomes your new "normal state" with a tensed muscle and an end result of it causing you pain.

To cure this you have to UN-stress (Go see a psychologist, read a book, change jobs?? whatever it takes), fix your posture 24/7, exercise and stretch, loose weight, stop smoking, take hot baths, avoid anything that doesn't feel good... buy comfortable properly fitting clothes.

sit square and balanced with a straight back. both feet flat on the ground.. do not shift your weight to one side or the other... read up on proper desk / chair alignment... buy a  better chair, change the height of something so you are at proper angles for height etc... research...

ever minute of your day that you can spare away from whatever ask yourself am i sitting or standing properly?

People I do not claim to know anything. All I know is what is helping me and it sounds like it might help you...

If you start exercising take it slooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww........ or you will make it take a lot longer to get well... start stretching lightly at first and for not as long... and work your way up... if walking don't walk too far at first ramp up over several weeks if not a month and even then take it easy.... it takes time to get well from this.

Maybe if you are 19 and it was one kick in the nutts that brought this on you might heal faster then the rest of us but for me I am 33 and this didn't happen to me overnight... I think this was many years of stress, bad posture and working too long and hard hunched over a computer added to that little to no exercise...

Then again maybe it started when i overdid it in the gym after many years of not going and hitting the gym too hard too fast... i love the saying no pain no gain.... I figured more pain more gain... What I never heard anyone say was what if the pain never goes away??? never thought of that... I was young foolish and thought the human body had an amazing capacity to repair its self... I had never been hurt before where I didn't get better within a couple weeks...

I have been considering going to see a chiropractor but haven't done that yet... my physiotherapist said to stay away from them... I am however curios as to what the alignment of my back, spine, sacrum, tailbone etc looks like and what they might have to say about it....

I know someone that went for Chinese traction he was a runner and he said it did miracles for him... I haven't tried that yet but im curios...

I still have to try yoga or something soon... maybe tai chi...

I know I ramble.... just trying to help people with my random thoughts..... I always said if i find any relief I will try and help people...

maybe go see a gastroentorologist and see if you have an anal fissure or a hemroid. I had a small fisure and a hemroid a long time ago which made this problem 100 times worse than it is now...

Be well my brothers...

I have felt your pain but I am feeling better (so there is hope... I hope to post on here one day 30 days pain free... to date i have had half days pain free and the other half at about 10% of my worst pain...)

excuse the spelling and punctuation.... I figure its not and English assignment and I have 1000 other things to do :)
Hey yeah Im 26 btw yeah hopefully I start healing faster but yeah Im mostly in-front of the computer for the most part or Im in the IT field, but might change fields since Im back in school now... anyways I tried the EPSOM salt in the bathtub and that seems to be helping me by making my muscles more relaxed, also walking helps a bit too, been stretching a bit which helps a bit, used ur method tried the tennis ball or had someone else massage my back with the tennis ball and that helped alleviate the pain a bit from my back at least ... also not gonna over exercise or anything gonna take it easy as well as by stretching out lightly... also going to see this doctors who specializes in Chinese  acupuncture in June hope that helps too, will post and let u know how it goes, how many grams of those vitamins are u taking just wondering, might give it a shot.... about to go for a walk now :D  ah yeah been sitting on a plain wooden chair and been trying to improve my posture while sitting in front of the computer for the most part...

Thx again and gl everyone :)
I take 5 milligrams before bed... really relaxes you :) sometimes i take 10 but usually its 5.... i went for acupuncture and Chinese massage it helped but it didn't help anywhere near as much as the physio therapist who specializes in pelvic floor muscle dysfunction... and seeing the therapist only put me on the right path i think, because everything i need i think is in that book "how to heal pelvic pain"

I try to get up from my desk (I work in IT too) about half way through the day and do a few stretches... especially my ham strings and butt muscles
Folks ... just curious ... isn't this a forum where doctors are supposed to give some advice or is it just for all of us "patients" to exchange experiences ?? Not sure but thanks for all the posts ... Here is my story and any advice would be appreciated ...

I am a 40 year old man that has no problem getting an erection and had no problems having sexual intercourse and even almost became a father in the past. Had testosterone levels checked years ago and they were fine (as per the doctor). Never had serious problems but throughout my life since I can remember, I had:
a) left testicle a bit higher than right one and smaller than the right one
b) left testicle having occasionally pain that can be anything between negligible pinching all the way to annoying pain that shoots throughout the testicle and my left lower abdomen and sometimes connect to nerves that reach my lower back
After a left knee ACL operation in 2003, I had this pain appearing together with knee pain just above the kneecap. This knee pain went away about 2006. Left testicle pain still there almost every day .. there are some good days that this does not appear but there are most days that it is there and I kind of learned to live with it.
For the last 15 years I had been a smoker and recently I quit (January 2010). Right after I quit smoking, the left testicle pain started appearing more often and being sharper yet still bearable.

All along the years, when I have the pain, I locate it with my fingers coming from the nerves / muscles that hold the testicle ... Never felt that I had torsion because from what I read, it is an emergency and the pain can be extreme but I never got there ...

Don't ask why I did not check this in the past cause I did and doctors told me anything like:
"no body has complete symmetry so don't worry", " testicle size, hair, location seem normal" etc
and since I never had issues with ejaculation and getting an erection, I thought I would follow their orders and not worry about it ... I think it is about time to get this baby taken care of...

Thoughts ?? Advice ??

Regards
well some of the users here gave better advice than some of the doctors.... anyways first off I would suggest u read all of the comments everyone wrote.... or at least I did... I tried a lot of different stuff... and I tried a lot of stuff Beep123 suggested and it seems to be working!!! plus recently I even went a step further I started placing ice on my thing to see if it would feel better and it started feeling better....but it may not work for all look at some of the things other users suggested.... especially Beep123 he has some very very good advice.....

Hope that helps
Good luck
Blade .. thanks much ... I started reading all above and it seems that there are a lot of similar stories and at some point Beep comes in with a lot of suggestions. I ll try as much of that as I can ... however, the questions remains:
Fact: there is pain
Fact: when there is pain, there is usually some medical, physiological reason behind it
Question: Why would there not be some medical treatment that can permanently help (even an operation if need be) instead of just applying various different non-medical treatements (ice, bath, acupuncture etc) that cover up the pain but not really eliminate the problem ??

Thanks much
Im not saying you shouldn't the problem is that not much study has been devoted to that area.... from what I read... so at certain times its hard for doctors to diagnose the problem...and there are a lot of nerves in that area, so if one thing hurts it can radiate the pain to other portions of your body such as back, lower abdominal muscle region and so on, Im going to go see a doctor too....just to make sure everything is ok....but yeah first try to identify the problem.... before doing any type of an operation or anything or at least I would....

good luck man
Blade
Thank you so much for your insight. I am also 33 and have the same symptoms. I have a constant pain in my lower abdomen and pain betweeen my testicles and anus. My doctor and urologist thought it was a prostate infection and gave me first antibiotics and then Flowmax, neither of which has helped me at all. I look forward to getting better soon and have already ordered the two books you suggested. Any other feedback you have would be greatly appreciated.
LATEST THINGS I THINK ARE HELPING

I bought a new bed this has helped... (high quality individual coils) Simmons beauty rest top of the line semi firm.

I now sleep with a pillow between my legs (I am a side sleeper)

I continue to do the exercises from the book "heal pelvic pain" and I continue to get better

Buying new larger than normal underwear and pants has helped some... like one size up from usual... I also bout the most comfortable stretchy hiking pants also one size too big...

i am walking more than a mile a day now

I still feel the Valium is helping

hot baths every other day for a hour with epsom salts

massage your butt with he tennis ball

massage inside your anus with vitamin E and aloe (more instructions in one of my previous posts)

ohhh important one here take Metamucil everyday... and increase the fiber in your diet

limit your time on the toilet... do your thing and get off...

sometimes i use prosheild cream on my anus... oh and i mostly wash my anus with proshield wash instead of soap.

read the books...

reduce your stress level

read all my previous posts

ALWAYS FOCUS ON YOUR POSTURE AND IF YOU ARE UNCOMFORTABLE DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT... GET UP GO STRETCH... CHANGE POSITIONS.....

(basically, STRETCH, WALK, EXERCISE, MASSAGE, DO NOT DO WEIGHTS OR OVERDO ANY OF THE EXERCISING TAKE IT SLOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWW.........)

Good luck people.
i have had testical pains for the last month email me if you know what to do at ***@****
i have had same problems and symptoms as all of you, 23 years old
Im havin pains ,on my penis. At the head..nd itz a on nd off thang. Nd my penis getz numb. Wen i sit on my *** for a while..wat is it? Im 22
Hi Guys,
     Im 25 yr old male who has been having testicle pain for a long time. 8 months now i think. been reading all your posts and wondering what mine could be. its continous and not stopped. i am not sexually active but had an encounter a brief one where felletio took place for 2-4 secs. that was 5 yrs back. worried what it might be. docs put me on antibiotics and they not worked. not able to get peace of mind. have to add that all this started with a wound on my testicle which went away. not had anal or vaginal sex in my life. oral one is what i have described above. pls comment or suggest what your view on this might be. it will hope to get an answer since i've seen a lot of people commenting or posting testicle pain articles.
cheers.......
Hello Beep123 as well as everyone else who has been dealing with this problem,

Well Im posting back with some better news, well I had an MRI done and the MRI revealed that I have a herniated disc(the two lower discs in my back or the lat two actually)  as well as a small hernia. Regarding the right testicle and shooting pain which has been bothering for over 5 months now I had an ultra sound done and they said everything is fine no problems everything looked good.

On the other hand, I been going to the physio therapist lately and doing stretching exercises for my back and for the groin region up to 45min-1 hour a day, I been recommended to do em twice a day early in the morning and before sleep but with my busy schedule I been doing them once a day, plus going to the physio therapist also. Also I been walking up to a mile a day also at first the progress was questionable but as I stuck with the plan the pain seems to be going away to some degree, but sometimes it would come back when I'm in-front of the computer for long periods of time since Im in IT, so constant movement or periodical movement when Im sitting is the key or thats what Ive been told at least. Still have an appointment with a Chinese Chiropractor to see what he will say thats coming up in June so will let you know what he says also.

Also Beep123 my physio therapist suggested that I sleep with the pillow between my lefts or to place a pillow underneath my abdominal section when Im sleeping in order to keep my back straight. Also I been trying to take a different route eating wise as Beep suggested and as I done before... or ever since the pain in my left testicle and the back as well as the shooting pain in my left and the lower left abdominal pain I kind of let myself go, I thought the pain would go away but I learned a lot ....

Also I bought one of those medicine balls to sit on while Im in front of my computer in order to improve my sitting posture.... Also I need to reduce my stress level 2!!! been getting my Masters and its not easy grrr.... but yeah gl to everyone Ill keep u updated....

some new stuff

I am still doing all the other stuff I mentioned but I am going to try and get into a pain clinic and get a pain killer / cortisone shot in my left iliococcygeus muscle

http://www.medicinenet.com/muscle_pain/article.htm

http://www.medicinenet.com/trigger_point_injection/article.htm

I think I need to start doing the stair master or an elliptical machine also... I am still not getting enough exercise. I take the stairs at work and in the metro but id like to get up to a half hour a day..... (im lazy...)

Getting better slowly... slowly being the key word here... its a slow process i think... Im still searching for answers. I will not give up till I'm pain free.

I really like hearing what is working for other people. Gives me hope and keeps me motivated to keep trying new stuff till we find the answer. Gives me hope that I am not alone and there are other people out there committed to beating this.

Keep your heads high people... 2010 is our year to be pain free... Ask yourself what have I done for my problem today and if the answer is nothing then its time to do something..... one step each day is how we are going to beat this I think.
good luck people
Im jus 18 and it feels like someone punched me in the balls it hurt a lot when i sit and goes into my stomach, I dont want to go to a doctor though that seems way to awkward...lol
hey im 17yrs old, i have pains in my left testicle and it seems like it leads to my lower abdomin (abdomen), the pain can be describe as discomfort more than anything and occasionally a sharp shooting pain. My stomach gets very sore at time as the pain seems to spread. I also have chest pains and headaches. Can this be related?  The pain occurs when im lying down or sitting but when i walk about it seems to get less sore. I may think this can be a twisted testicle but im not sure. Does anyone have any ideas?
i'm 13yrs old, and for the last few days my left ball has been hurting, it started out just my stomach hurting, especially on the lower left, after awhile it became very hard to crap, and one time when i was trying to, i was sitting there waiting for it to come out and it felt like i kept urinating, when i got up after i was finish my penis was dripping blood, after the first time this occured my left ball started hurting, i informed my mom but she said to just watch it, since i have a history of UTI's, i'm not sexually active so i'm ruling out any STDs, can some one please tell me what's happening?
I bet everyone here wears boxers. You need to stretch in te morning and wear testical support.
It's funny that you mention it, because I noticed the exactly same thing lately.

1) When I don't use underwear at all, it tends to hurt even without touching or pressing the testicle (for instance just by walking around naked). My painful testicle is longer, feels larger and heavier, and it seems like the gravity of it, pulls it down and enhances the pain.

2) When I use boxers (very loose underwear without testicle-support), it gets better, but still with some pain/soreness remaining. (The pain feels as if I squeeze it hard or/and pull it down, and the pain stretches from the testicle itself all the way up to the abdomen/appendix. The squared area in that picture http://blog.banjig.net/files/user_uploads/235448/appendix_5e1dd1da.jpg )

3) When I put on underwear with testicle support, the pain seems to be neutralized.. at least for a period.

Also few notes worth mentioning from my 7 years of painful experience:

A) Sometimes exercising (like jumping up and down or running), can enhance the pain, if I don't use tighter version of underpants with the testicle support. I can go from a non-painful period from a very painful one, just by forgetting to wear tighter underpants, once.

B) I tried once to blow my nose very very hard and sudden, where I suddenly felt the pain all the way in my "faulty" testicle. It seems like it's interconnected, somehow, and bending my body forward slightly, while blowing my nose softer, seems to prevent this problem.

C) Hot baths can help me sometimes, when I remember to take them, but I am usually too lazy or forget to take them, and therefore suffer the pain :(

How do you stretch? Please give some examples or screenshots. This problem is still killing me sometimes, that once and while I'm actually considering how it would be to remove my right testicle completely :/

P.S. Maybe I should really read http://www.amazon.com/Headache-Pelvis-Understanding-Treatment-Prostatitis/dp/0972775501 , as suggested earlier. I could not pull my self together with it.
Your symptoms need to be confirmed.  Please make an appointment (with a urologist if possible) and rule out anything serious like testicular cancer or a testicle torsion.

These are the symptoms of testicular cancer.

* A lump or mass in either testicle
    * One or both testicles feeling harder or firmer than usual    
    * Swelling or any enlargement of a testicle
    * A collection of fluid in the scrotum
    * A dull ache in the groin, lower abdomen, or back
    * A feeling of heaviness in the scrotum
    * Pain or discomfort in a testicle or in the scrotum
    * Tenderness or enlargement of the breasts

i took some anti biotic for urine track infection. after that some pain started developing at the lower end of the abdominal. pain is increasing now. need pain killers all the time. almost ruled out any STD. can any one advice me what to do to get rid of this pain which disturbs me all the time. I feel bad specially early mornings.
If you want to feel better you need a minimun of 6 weeks of doxy for this problem to go away and that means both partners do the same and no sex for that time either this should take care of problem it worked for me
Hi guys,

just thought id share my experiences,

i have a dull ack now for one year it started in my right testicle but i now have it in both. ive been to 2 of my local docs who both told my that i had an infection and gave me antibiotic accordingly, but ive been on and off antibiotics for 1 year now will no result the pain still remains.

i also have a small sist but my docs tells me that its very small and is not an issue.

the pain for me is at its worst when im sitting. when i walking im not so bad. i find wearing loose clothing i.e boxers this tends to help.

the pain is worse some days than others. i tried many of the things on the forum which seem to offer short term help but after pain returns,

im thinking to try yet another urologist in another town for a 3rd opinion,

from my experience many docs don't really understand this, they seem to just though antibiotic at you all the time which for me do not work.

i even had a sperm test which clear.

so its a mystery for me, anyway im going to see another doc so i will post any good news here.

thanks

I don't know if we have the same thing or not but these are some ideas I thought I'd share that I believe continue to help me.

this book has helped me - heal pelvic pain by amy stein, mpt.... I do the whole program from here.

also try anusol (with anesthetic) morning and night the pain killer seems to numb some of the right nerves. if you can't get that where you are ask for something similar with lidocaine or something. (yes it goes up your butt)

http://well.ca/products/anusol-plus-extra-pain-relief_5541.html

none of these are a quick fix but slowly over time my pain has been significantly reduced...

-stretch
-hot baths
-exercise
-eat better
-what is you stool like? read up on good stool
-maybe go see a nutritionist
-see a urologist
-see a physio therapist specializing in pelvic floor muscle dysfunction and cpps
-see a gastroentorologist*
- read a headache in the pelvis
- make sure you have the most comfortable pants known to man along with the most comfortable underwear. I get bigger ones so they are loose a bit.
- do you have a good mattress? have you tried a good  new one with individual coils?
- if you sleep on your side try sleeping with a pillow between your legs
- oh i take Metamucil daily
- cod liver oil, garlic, vitamin c, qurol, multi vitamin,
- drink lots of water like 8 - 10 glasses a day
- eat more fruits and vegetables
- avoid fried stuff or processed foods, white bread, white flour, white rice, red meat, white pasta
- avoid alcohol
- maybe go see about stress management or anger management or go see a psychiatrist or something.... read a book on it at least... it really messes with your body  
- take up yoga or something
- if you have a very stressful job maybe consider changing or at least changing your attitude towards the job and do not internalize the stress
- take deep breaths always concentrate in being at peace and stress free and comfortable
-always sit comfortably... if you aren't comfortable you need to change that
- rub a 535 extra strength with pain killer work it all into your leg that is bugging you

I got prescribed cymbalta and it seemed promising (only took it for a few days) I read up on it and realized you can't drink on it so I stopped (lots of disclaimers about liver damage when mixed with alcohol). I don't care if it was a placebo effect but it definitely numbed the pain. i am going to start it again soon. supposedly they say it takes a few weeks for the stuff to start working but I felt results the first day.

I am also about to go get the pain shot i mentioned previously

I am also about to go see a gastroentorologist* again

I know I post some of the same things again but that's because I believe in them. I also update them to what I'm currently doing in hopes of helping someone else.

Acupuncture and massage helped me too in the past. (helped me understand about trigger points and sore spots and how to massage etc and what to look for. helped me understand my body more)

stress causes us to tense up and clench our muscles. problem is some of the muscles lose their ability to return to normal state of relaxed and end up thinking that tense is the proper state to be in which over time causes us pain. nerves switch into pain mode and never stop sending the signal of pain to the brain. cymbalta messes with you pain receptors and tricks the body into believing it's not in pain. If you can do that for long enough the body might forget about the pain altogether and reset. Like I said I haven't tried cymbalta for more than a couple days but that's the theory anyways. Or at least the layman version as I understood it.

Good luck people I hope this helps someone

thanks beep your advise helps all :) well done
Something new I thought I'd mention I find if my girlfriend massages my butt / back of thigh with her elbow it really helps find and work out any knots... Inner thigh.... massage where the leg connects to the groin with your finger tips... massage around the anus and the tailbone, lower back. massage everywhere that hurts. Compare sensation from the side that hurts and the side that doesn't... you might find places that hurt that you never thought hurt.

Been meaning to start swimming but haven't yet (i think this would be a great activity for this problem)... I got out and ran a few times lately maybe 3 KMS each time and I felt better because of it I think. I am going to slowly continue to increase my activity level.

Any feedback from anyone else that is doing better would be appreciated.

I am having the same problem. I am 16 and have a very dull but annoying pain in my lower left side and sometimes a pain in my left testicle. This just started like a few days ago. I laughed really hard and then i felt the worst pain i have felt in my life on my left side. It went away for a day and then came back and the pain has spread to my left testie. If the pain continues for another week I am going to a doctor
And guys, do yourselves a favor and stop reading the internet. There's a lot of great advice on this page, try to stay away from medical sites and other pages that will spike your anxiety.

I have similar problems as everyone else. Woke up one morning with a massive pain in my right testicle that came out of nowhere!! Just hit me like a ton of bricks. The pain immediately died down. But is still in my right  testicle. Also have 2 cysts that are tender to the touch. Pain is also in my abdomen sometimes, sometimes pain moves to left side, sometimes everywhere at once! But mainly in my right testicle.

When i exercise pain goes away. I was on vacation rock climbing for a month and didn't feel a thing the entire month even though i spent most of it sitting in a harness. It was great! Got home and BAM! It's back.

I've had an Ultrasound / Doppler (found cysts), blood work, urine, all done and they show nothing ominous. Going to see a urologist soon as i can get in.

Things that help me are:

Exercise,
Drinking water
Eating well
Exercise
and more Exercise!!  :^)

If anyone finds something that helps them please post it here. I'm really glad i found this page! Good luck to all of you!

Things that help me are:

Exercise,
Drinking water
Eating well
Exercise
and more Exercise!!  :^)

I am 23 and had pain in my right testicle for 2 or 3 nights, then it became a burning pain in my penis. No STD's. I started eating healthier, quit drinking beer like i was doing everyday, quit smoking cigarettes, and i worked out at the gym one day. I drink more water especially before bed time and i quit drinking 5 hour energy shots. I don't know whats in those things but i suspect they don't help. The first night i experienced this pain, i also had a burning stomach like i had ulcers or something. It woke me up and i drank water and tried to go back to sleep but my testicles were making me uncomfortable. I read up on kidney stones too as a possible problem. The most important thing that I did was pray. I asked God to help me,I told him i know the life I was living was not what he wanted for me. I asked for forgiveness and He is helping me with the rest. The pain is totally gone! The burning pains in my penis are gone! He is helping me to resist drinking and smoking. He wants us all to be pain-free. God doesn't want any of us to suffer! Just ask him. Talk to him like you would talk to a friend, you know! He is the Ultimate Healer. Of all the things we've heard He can do, do you think this problem of ours is too big for Him? :) Just say a few words to him even in your mind, God please help me, doors will start opening trust me! Good luck and God bless!
I've had my pain (groin, testicle, leg) that started 20 years ago. Nothing was found back then, so I ignored it. Now, it's a bit more painful than usual and am having it checked again. Doc prodded and poked me today and yanked my balls. He said it wasn't hernia but could be kidney stones (they said that 20 years ago too). So, I'm having x-rays tomorrow. The thing is, if you research these symptoms on the internet, you can match them to a variety of  killer diseases and conditions which will just stress you to death. Instead, see your doc ASAP and take it from there. And yes, it's embarrassing when the doc gropes your balls and willy but remember, it's his job to do that and has probably done it a 1000 times before (and enjoyed it every time) and will soon forget yours.
Hello Everyone,

Same symptoms here.  As everyone here said -  Dull ache behind the left testis, pain in left leg, and sometimes in left lower abdomen.   I'm having this pain for almost 1.5 months now.  I get this pain only when I sit.    I visited the urologist couple of times.     He did physical examination, and 2 times urine tests came out normal.   All my STD reports are also negative and normal.

There is no physical change, no lumps, etc.   Only this dull aching pain goes all the way down to the leg.   It causes me lot of agony and depression.

He was telling me that I could have damaged my nerve, and that is hurting, and gave me an anti-inflammatory pain killer and a muscle relaxing tranquilizer.   He wrote in his report saying the symptoms shows Neuroglia.   Can someone explain how it is related to a chronic testicle pain.   What is Neuroglia and how it is related to testicle pain?

Can any of these could be possible reasons for my testicle pain -

1.  I'm 36 years old.   Due to extreme mental stress at work,  I was in a kind of depression for more than 2 years.  However I started getting this pain only for the past 1.5 months.   I can feel my libido is low, and I rarely getting a mood in the last 2 years due to various challenges.   I see I'm having little erection problem as well.     When I masturbate on the first day, I get good semen.  However if I masturbate on the next day or two days later,   I'm getting only little semen during ejaculation compared to how I used to get was 2-3 years back.   I noticed this lower semen ejaculation more than a year back, before this pain started.  
Before 2 years when I masturbate for 2 consecutive days, I get good quantity of semen during ejaculation.   Also I'm seeing my penis is little smaller compared to how it used to be during a normal state (without erection) in the past.

Though I had only little semen during last one year's masturbation, I did not get the pain.
Can low libido, low testosterone levels cause testicle pain?

2. When my penis is erect, it is slightly bent towards right side.   Can any rough usage in the past (when I was young) is causing this problem now?   Now a days, I rarely masturbate due to lack of urge.

3. An orthopedic recently diagnosed that I have Chondromalacia patellae (also called as Runner's knee).   My foot is high arch (with a big curve) and small, and I have lot of pain in the foot and knee as well.  

I'm not sure whether the nerve in my foot is shooting the pain upto my left testis, or the pain in the testis is shooting down to my foot.

Can some one help me understand better?   I'm very much depressed and annoyed.  
Semen quantity is small but are you getting the climax during ejaculation. Try good food specially lot of vegetables and soup. situation can change.
k guys after a long long time of not knowing what to do its almost been a year now, but I got the thing under control or for the most part I think.... here is what happened... well as well as you know most of you know I've had the same symptoms as most of you here and I didnt like it at all I thought it was gonna be like this forever!!!!! So my hopes for lost for good, I was always in a bad mood since this thing would hurt all the time, my left testicle would hurt then I would have the shooting pain in my leg, then my back was also hurting (lower back), my hernia was hurting then too so whatever I tried doing some stuff helped but nothing fully healed the thing and the pain would ALWAYS be there I mean always it would never go away, at times the pain would be reduced but thats it, it would still hurt.
So my thing was I went to my doctors and had bunch of tests done for my back and for my entire, CT scan, then had a CT scan for my testicles, so they found nothing wrong with my testicles after the tests came back but they found that I had a lower back injury or herniated disk. So than after that I thought ah k thats good as long as they didnt find anything wrong with my testicle thats always good, but I would still have the same symptoms.... but it was a big relief knowing it was nothing wrong with my testicles... afterwords  my doctor told me to go and see this physio therapist and which I did, and I was there for approximately maybe 1 or  almost 2 months going to my physio therapist doing all kinds of stretching and ect. She told me to different sorts of exercises which I did I would spent a day doing all sorts of exercises at home... in order to get my muscles going. Well after doing that for some time that was helping a bit or more than a bit, but it was helping it was better than how it was to tell you the truth. Lastly I know you guys know Beep123 from here, he has kept this thread alive to some extent.

Anyways the last post I made I said I was gonna go and see this acupuncture doctor, who is not an average acupuncture doctor, he has over 20 years in acupuncture and he is also a regular doctor, he studied acupuncture in China, and acupuncture has been used well over 5000 years... Well anyways to go on with my story I went to see this acupuncture doctor, and when I did he told me yes he said you have a herniated disc , but he also said the pain is coming because of your liver which is affecting your back, from which the pain in the back is affecting other parts in the body your hernia, shooting pain in the leg ect. So he ended up giving me these pills which are herbs supplements from China and which have been using for thousands of years to treat patients. Anyways I got this bone healing medicine, as well as the other for my liver, at first I started off taking the bone healing medicine by itself for a while, even though he told me to take both of them during the day, so I was kind of skeptical at first so I just started taking the bone healing one... After some time or a week or so the pain was reduced I still did my stretching but not the same extent as I did before.. but it was helping but I could still feel the pain, so I decided to start taking both of the medicines or herb supplements during the day instead of just taking one. So after a while things started to improve dramatically right now Im in the high 90 % healing wise, and I would have to say the herb supplements which he assigned has helped a ton... or its still helping Im supposed to be drinking this herb for three months and the pain would go away.

Also another thing you are not supposed to drink anything with caffeine thats the key also, since its gonna upset your liver, than its gonna bring even more pain to your pain and other parts of your body. Also the acupuncture doctor told me, you could exercise all you want but if you dont treat the problem nothing is going to help. Additionally I was surprised nothing helped, I did all sorts of tests with my doctor and they didnt find anything not sure how, I maxed out my insurance with all the tests and everything so Im trying to pay for all of the tests I had... but yeah thats where I am at now, I still need to continue drinking this for another 2 months and hopefully the pain would go away...  also still stretching to improve the blood circulation ect. since for the most part I'm an IT guy and sit in-front of the PC for the most part.  Also its very hard to make an appointment with that acupuncture doctor the wait list is 3 months since so many people go there. I hope this helps best of luck to everyone who has a similar... or who is still dealing with it!!!! But if anyone wants any further info Ill be glad to post the info on here... k hope everything makes sense grammatically didnt go back to check anything...
I hope this is a blessing to someone out there or at least some type of help.  About a year ago, I felt a slight "twinge" when I turned a certain direction in my left leg, it was very painful soon after for about 10 seconds.  A few days afterwards, I felt a dull ache and maybe a slight pull, that went on for about a month.  Then my left thigh began to have an ache.  Eventually it got to the point it was unbareable.  The pain was excruiating and I couldn't take it.  I went to a few different ER's and of course all I got was Morphine to take the pain away for the time being and no answers as to why it was there or how to fix it.  For about 8 months of this year, the pain was mostly in my thigh, but also I felt like I was being pulled or strained in my lower abdomen and testicles.  The pain was the most pain i've ever experienced in my life, i'd go as far as to call it "suicide pain".  It was a constant 24/7! I have been every kind of doctor you could imagine, and tried many different pain medications.  Nothing worked, at all! Not even the strongest of pain medications! I did find out that Ibuprophen worked for my pain, obviously something is inflamed.  I continued to work but could not sleep because of the pain, maybe 3 hours at a time as Ibuprophen worked in my system.  I've had to take it so much that I'm now having a scope ran to see if I have any bleeding ulsers, but when you're in that much pain, you don't think about what might happen, you just do what relieves the pain.  So here's what I have done if anyone else is experiencing this.  I truly gave my life back to the Lord and repented for my sins and asked him to heal me, already I have had about a 50% decrease in pain. I felt led to do some research on the internet about different medications for inflammation.  I found Celebrex.  I went to my pcp today and he gave me the prescription for 200mg, I've taken 1 pill so far and my pain has been minimum.  So, if you aren't religious, think about it, for those of you who want to get rid of the pain, ask for some free samples from the doctor and I hope it makes a difference for you!
Two things to have checked with testical pain on one side.  Sagging hip and or hernia.  I was experiencing the same pain about 5 years ago and dealt with the pain for 2 years until i stumbled across an article where a guy had been hospitilized because of this.  Turned out he worked moving concrete statues after thousands in hospital bills (They found nothing wrong)  he found out about sagging hip.  That fixed his problem and mine as well.

Would feel like i was kicked there at times till i noticed it was only ever the one side and sometimes it would radiate to my left leg or my left lower back.  I found that after i carried something heavy several hours later i would experience the pain.  The pain would go away after a few days as my hip would move back in place.  Had an x ray done and you could see that my hip was sagging so started to have my hip adjusted.  I have not had a problem since.  The pain use to be so bad i almost put a gun in my mouth so get your hip checked out for sure.  
I have had so many MRI's and CT scans to try and figure out what is wrong with me.  My pain has been 24/7 constant pain in my left thigh and groin area.  I recently got desperate, had enough, and went to the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, FL for a week.  Through repeat tests and another EMG, they found that I have something called deep peroneal neuropathy in my left thigh.  For those of you who experience chronic unbareable pain in these areas and yet have had a diagnoses, this is what's wrong with you! I recently, finally met another person when I was at work who was walking on a cane like myself, except he was much older, i'm just 27.  We got to talking and he was diagnoses with the same thing.  The medicines that work for the pain is Lyrica (Didn't work for me), Ibuprofen, and Peroxicam (Works for me).  I hope this helps someone, because it's a miserable life with the pain.  Once you've been diagnosed, if they find it, they can also perform surgery to potentially cure the pain.  If anyone has any questions, please just message me! God bless you all and I pray all of your pain goes away soon.
hi guys have same symtoms (symptoms) pain in testicles and lower abdominal pain and sore back but also very full of gas and stomach feels bloated seems to have occured after sitting at computer desk for long periods have doctors appointment in two days keep use posted
Yes I've had this issue for quite some time and I dont know what it is. I would think it's one thing then another, kidney stone maybe, but then I read about thier symptoms or talk to a person who's had them then consider its not that. No vomiting, or blood in urine, and no burning when I pee. Then I consider appendix, but im sure if they were gonna burst they would have done so long ago and not wait a year or so. Plus I hear that appendicitis is very painful. I experience this pain every now and then but it is not that painful unless I bend or move the wrong way. Every now and again I consider the possibility of it being cancer, but the symptoms have not gotten any worse, thank god. I'll continue to search though and stay posted.
Hi me again went to doctors today he examined my stomach and testicles and found nothing unusual said that i must have pulled the muscle at the top of my leg beside my testicles, and thats whats causing pains in stomach just like if you ever got kicked in the nuts same pain and cramps you get in stomach, when i told him i had it before about a year ago after jogging he was fairly sure it was musle injury, advised me to warm up before exercise, pain has gone in last few days thank god but needed to hear it from doctor for peace of mind because you cant help but worry you always think the worst but 9 out of 10 times its nothing to worry about but for peace of mind i would recommend you get it checked to put you mind at ease he just gave me anti flammatory tablets 1 a day for 5 days hope this was helpfull take care and try not to worry like i did.
Hope to help,    STERIOD INJECTION.
I had this pain in my left testicle and just above it and sometimes my left leg felt numb, the pain was dull and very annoying as it was constantly there 24/7. I reluctantly plucked up the courage to go to the doctor, after an examination I was told there was nothing wrong.
The pain continued for weeks. I went to see another doctor. The same was said nothing wrong no hernia, don't worry go home.
Believe me I hate going to the doctors and especially being looked at in the privates. I felt angry that nothing was done to help me as I know I am in pain constantly.I went and saw another one and another doctor eventually after seeing doctor number five I was FIXED.
He told me to stop wearing boxer shorts and wear briefs that support your nuts, don't wear trousers that are too tight around the waist.

But the most important thing was having the courage to have an injection of steriods into the groin just above the left testicle near the base of the penis. This worked for me and am so pleased to be pain free, as it can take over your life in a bad way.
PAIN LOCATION
I had similar pains as you all state. Mine was " PEVIC-HIP PAIN ON SIDES BY THE KIDNEY RADIATING DOWN TO THE GROIN/LEFT TESTICLE,  BACK PAIN. The pain on the testicle almost felt like it was being pulled up and felt uncomfortable.

HOW IT STARTED
Age 34, 6 foot, 213 pounds.20 pounds overweight, with belly
I had fish poining, "scmbroid" around the time I experineced the pain. dont know if there is a relation but thougt i would mention.
I was Playing soccer app 8-9 months ago and after running and kicking aorund I would feel pain in testicular area. I remeber having on both testicles but left was prevalent. Didnt go to doc for it althought pain was there.
Pain got really chronic when I was changing my radiator and got out from underneath the car. It was always there and I decided to go see doc. At one point my left testicle hung really low and was loose. I couldnt make out of it was swollen also and a constant pull was expereinced. The pull was felt from right from epidymis strands of testicle moving through lower pelvic region, right above the groin area when the thigh meets abdomen. The pain is replicatable everytime I get out of shower liift right leg and bend slightly forward to wipe leg.

AT THE DOCS
Check for STD, KIDNEY STONE, DIVERTICULISIS, HERNIA, TESTICULAR TORSION, TESTICULAR CANCER, CONSTIPATION, and other related diseases. XRAY images didnt show anything. Most results vcame negative and 2 GP and 1 urologist evaluated as nothing wrong. Urologist suggested a CT scan but i declined due to too much radiation.
and also I dont have Indusrance.

STEPS I TOOK TO PIN POINT WITHIN LAST MONTH. Pain Scale (1-10)
Stopped soccer- pain still there but less mild. pain threshold 3 of 10
Took Fibercon to clean system - no help
Ate more fiber everyday- oatmeal
Look for any lumps in testicle everyday.-None
Wear tight underpants.- Not much help
streches for core strengthing - Not much, minor maybe
walking instead of jogging.- pain would come slightly if I was moving 5mph.

THINGS THAT HELPED
Since i am full time school I sit a lot, pain would get worse. Walking around helped.
Setting my posture right while sitting helped.
I slept on one side of the bed on my back and dont roll in bed during sleep. I found that I slept at the same position for the last few years and the bed kinda formed a bad spot. I moved to a better location and things started to get better. In the last 3 days the testicular pain has become from chronic to acute and that too the pain is 1 of 10. Thinsg are impoving. The only pain that is left is PSOAS and or ILIACUS muscle pain in the pelvic.

THE POINT HERE IS TRY ONE AT A TIME DIFFERENT STUFF TO SEE WHAT HAS MOST IMPACT ON YOU. ALSO IF THE PAIN IS NOT PSYCOLOGICAL, OR NOT RELATED TO ORGANS INSIDE, IT COULD BE MUSCULAR IN NATURE AND MAYBE RELATED TO SOMETHING YOU DO EVERYDAY.

I hope this helps at least 1 person in the forum and hope others figure out what is going on with them. Good luck.
http://www.***********************.com/iliopsoas.html

Ok, even I m having a dull pain in my left testicle (no swelling, no tenderness etc). Havent seen the doctor yet but thinking of doing some changes

1) Start wearing underwear instead of boxers

2) Not sit in front of computer desk for long

3) Stop weight lifting for a some time.

4) Change sleeping posture

Do you think I should try these things out and see how it works before going to doc ?

hello everybody and my caligues, i m happy to c u ppl here, i m suffering frm same prob. we r brothers now.
actually week ago i did mastubate and der was a drastic pain in my left ball. again aftera week it happens again after masturbaing.. so plz help me, give me suggestionss..thank u
You should see a doctor for that. For me and few others here its a dull random pain nothing to do with ejaculation or anything.

If I were you I wud see a doc for that.
I'm 13 and have had the same problem for a few months, with no problem ejaculating or urinating, I saw a doctor about it, and he put me on antibiotics for a week or two, which seemed to work for a while, but has returned after about four weeks.

Did you ask the doctor about trying any anti inflamatory drug ? It worked for few.

For me it did not I guess. It happens when I sit for long periods. When I am standing or moving around dont feel the pain.

No idea
what my friend told me was to just drink a lot of water for every meal he told me today,so i am going to try and hopefully it helps one of u guys good luck and i have pain in my left testical and i am only 15
I thought it would be fun if I sat down on the tile floor and a girl stood on each of my balls with her shoe for about a minute.  My nuts hurt for a month and still hurt (although they didn't start hurting until about one day later) with a pain that gets more if I lift things or run.  I know I'm an idiot for thinking it would be fun, but it was for the few minutes it lasted.  Now, I have to deal with a constant slow pain.  What could it be?
Here is what helped me to relief my pain for the last few months:

Yoga, especially position number 9 here http://thefitnessworkout.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Yoga-Sun-Salutation-Surya-Namaskar2.jpg

Your lower leg must be completely vertical. Support with your fingers on the both sides for balance. And arch your whole upper body backwards. Make sure that the upper leg does a good stretch in the hip-joint. Do it with both legs.

It seems like the testicular nerves are interconnected with the joints of where the leg and hip meet, and looks like my nerves get too squeezed sometimes and provoke the pain. I noticed this happening, especially if I sleep on my right side (I have pain on my right testicle), but this particular exercise helps me.

Remember to give it good time to stretch properly out, until it nearly says "click" down there, and see if it losens the nerves and valves up, and therefore mitigates the pain for you as well.

Remember to report back here with the update, so we can continue this research together.
Been reading this for the past while know and its safe to say my hopes of a cure have declined haha.
I'm 19. litteraly 2 days ago while staying at my boyfriends, i came out a bath, felt fine up untill then, never experianced anything like what i am know, Anyway, i came out the bath and felt lower right abdominal pain. At first hand i though it might be trapped wind or somthing like it. after a few hours the pain persisted but after laying down the pain seemed to leave, on stinding up again the pain starts. The next day the pain was now right across my lower abdoman. I decided to go for another bath to relax my muscles hoping it would help, still thinking it might be traped wind. When in the bath i was washing myself and discovered my testes were sore, when touching them the pain in my abdoman would increase. The pain is mainly in my left testicle but it isent so much the actual testicle that hurts but rather the surrounding internal area. It seems most sore around the back of my testes. The abdominal pain can be dull or quite sharp , either way its verging on sore rather then uncomfertable. Walking is difficult because my testes are sorer now and highly sensitive to pain when touching them(again moreso around the back of the testes) Im 19, so this doesnt seem to be age related as there is a whole variety of ages on this. Hopefully going to the doctors tomorrow if i can get an appointment...that should be an experiance as for years ive been holding off going to get severe fordyce spots fixed, which are now severe, and large like almost infected. So yeah, life is pretty sweet right now. Trying to walk normally is quite a task as untill i know what this is or if its severe im trying to avoid telling the parents. Also, walking in college, looking like ive shat myself as its the only way i can way without alot of pain is also fun...
Like people have said pain killers work to very little effect.
Extra info: No, i havent had any trauma to the testes, im a virgin so its nothing sexualy related, i am a smoker, 6ft and 10 and a half stone so im not overweight.....ouch,,,this actually really hurts know >=|
im 26 and i woke up the other morning after going to bed pain free, with my left testical hurting, didnt think a whole lot of it. later that day with my girl she jerked me off and i noticed blood in my sprem. then several hours later my left testical swelled to about the size of an orange while my right is normal size. it feels good while i lay on my stomach but hurts if i lie on my right side or my back. its been 4 days now and there is no more blood in my sperm but the swelling as not gone away! i can barely walk and if it moves a certain way it brings me to my knees!  please any ideas
go to emergency buddy... that sounds serious
Hey I was wondering if you could give us an update and let us know what herbs your doctor suggested taking.
Funny enough we all have the same symptoms but no doctor really knows the problem.  I started 6weeks ago, with sting in the my sides, abdominal pains, back pain and both testicals paining.  Last night I notice that the stomach cramps are getting worse, I'm on an Antibiotic for 6wks from my Urologist that thinks its a bacteria.  So far after almost a week I dont feel much better.  After reading all the articles I'm changing my underwear as that hurts and I'm going to ask to check out my back for a slip disk and maybe a scan on my testicals.  It would have been so much better if the pain stayed in my abdominal area but cause its my testicals it scares me a lot.  I'm 33 year old male, rugby player and not really sexual active, been ruled out a std, hiv or any problem like this.  For now I have to complete the antibiotics so I know I dont have any bacteria infection and then after take that further.  I only want to be back to 6wks ago when I was pain free.  I have zero pain in the mornings mine is more in the afternoon and the pain appears to get better after I ate something.  The stomach cramps and back pain is bad as well.  8 weeks ago I started with burning sensation on the tip of the penis, but not when peeing that dissapear after 2wks, but my balls are still paining on week 6.  Any advice will do, for now I'm changing underwear and try to sit better at the office.
Just hopping on the bandwagon here.

Same general symptoms (I'm 50, decent shape):
1. Constant dull pain in left testicle.
2. Less libido, less erection intensity (about 60%--enough to do it but wife notices the diff)

Been to 3 urologists, 2 orthopaedic, 2 GPs.
Had 2 ultrasound, 1 MRI, 1 xray, 8 general exams.  Had cortisone injections in my back, no real help.  Have done the antibiotcs, warm baths, Naproxen, Ibuprofen, low-impact exercise, loose underwear, jock, rest, stretching--almost everything I've seen mentioned here--over the last 2 1/2 years.

Results--Nothing firm (no pun intended).  Possibly cyst, possible varicosele.

The one 'standout' thing in my case was that this did not gradually come on--this happened instantly, during a workout.  I noticed back pain after I was done and had to walk like a cro-magnon man for a few minutes before I could stand straght.  But the testicle pain and libido loss was *instantenous*.  

I can't believe how instant the loss of libido was: after working out at the gym, we all like to look at the women and--not being creepy but just being honest--sometimes fantasize how nice it might be hooking up.  After this particular workout I noticed that I didn't care and didn't feel anything sexual at all--in fact the lack of this feeling was more noticeable to me than the pain.  After 3 weeks, I never made any advance on my wife and of course she noticed.  The tables were now turned and I was the one saying "no", and blaming it on the backache (which I still had).  

The testicle pain dropped and plateaued at a lesser, but still annoying level.  The back pain went away after about a month.  The libido only comes around after about two weeks of nothing--and then I think it's more the physical 'pressure' than anything sexual, and like I'd said--it's about 60% of what it used to be.  

My most pressing concern at first was cancer but this was ruled out rather quickly, and seems to be the general consensus here that that's not it.

For the pain, I just deal with it but desperately want a cure.  For the libido, I've tried viagra and it does work--but I'd honestly estimate that it brings me up to about 90% of what I used to be (if I take 1 & 1/2), which is passable but it gives me a pretty annoying headache so I use it only to keep my wife happy.

I'm just hoping someone here will post a magic bullet "aha!" moment cure.  
Thanks all.
Hey, I had severe pain in lower left abdomen and left testicles, it was on and off. like in 2 months i got like 3 instances of abdominal pain which lasted for half a day. Actually the first time i got such a pain was 4 years ago. I dont if it is the same cause or the same kinda pain.

One more symptom is gas formation in stomach which was not very evident in the beginning. you may feel relieved when you empty your stomach.

I researched the internet and i was scared by the comments here, I thought it must be something like variocele or hernia ...

I consulted a urologist and took a blood , urine and faeces test along with color doppler of scrotum. Atlast found that it is Giardiasis, infection of lamblia giardia.

I would recommend to do consult a good urologist first before researching the internet and getting afraid that you have severe diseases, like i did.

Hey Guys,

Same story from my side as well - for the last 6 months I have dull pain behind left testicle ans base of the left penis, which worsens while sitting on cushion chairs, and pain in left leg and left butt as well.  I tried the following tests.

All STDs - All are negative and normal.
MRI Scan - Some disc bulge in my back, other than that everything is normal.

I had visited more than 40 doctors and different therapies and spent a lot of money other than my insurance.

For me the doctors say I may have non bacterial prostatitis, and the sciatica can also cause the problem.

The following can be the major reasons for this frustrating pain we all are undergoing.

1. CPPS - Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome/Prostatits:    Most of the time the CPPS gets  triggered immediately after an anxious sexual encounter.    Goto http://pelvicpainhelp.com and read about Male Symptoms.   I'm pretty sure you will match atleast 10 of the symptoms listed in the total number of 24 symptoms listed in this site with your symptoms.

2. Sciatica: Some orthopedics and neurologists say Sciatica can also cause referred pains in genital, perineum areas.   Get checked for any other nerve impingement.

3. Anal Fissure:  One gastroenterology told me Anal fissure can cause these referred pains  indirectly as well.   Read more about the functionality of sphincter muscle.  Though Anal Fissure may not cause these pains directly, the sphincter muscle in your rectum plays a role in triggering CPPS.

4. Neuropathy:   Check with a neurologist whether you have Neuropathy.   This also causes all the symptoms.    Also ask yourself whether you have done rigorous workouts, burning too many calories, etc.

5. Herpes/Shingles:  These viruses reactivates when you are stressed, and after an anxious sexual encounter.  I'm surprised why no one spoke it.    The Hsv2 (genital herpes) is highly contagious which can pass from one person to another through skin contact as well.   You may be thinking you have had safe sex.   Better get tested for all STDs and make sure they are negative and normal.

I have been visiting this particular topic from the day since I got the first pain 6 months back.  However I'm posting for the first time after reading lot of links.  

Some of things I tried to keep my pain little under control, though I got used to it.

Do's:

1. Take ample of rest.   (Spine has to be checked throughly, issues with spine can cause these strange pains as well).
2. Try to sit on a flat/hard surface seat rather than using a cushion seat.   I can understand very well it is difficult to manage.   However you find the best posture sitting straight as well as your testicles not pressing against the seat cushion.
3. Don't sit too long.   Get up and have a brief walk for every 20 minutes.
4. Avoid alcohol or any form of liquor completely, especially Beer is a villain for Prostate.
5. As Beep already said avoid caffeine.
6. After reading Beep's post, I did buy 10 pairs of boxers from Target.  But it did not help.  For me a close normal fit brief brings me some relief.  It holds the testicles, at the same time it should be too tight.
7. In the nights, try not to wear briefs or any other under garments while sleeping.  Keep some 2-3 pillows supports below your  knees.  This will bring lot of relief.   One of the orthopedic told me this is one of the good posture for sleeping for people having Sciatica.  This helps me a lot.
8. Don't exercise until the pain vanish.
9. Avoid sitting with crossed legs (one upon the other).
10. Drink plenty of water.   A lot than usual.
11. Try to keep your bowl regular and clean.   This will aggravate the pain at times.
12. Try to have a good sleep.

Don'ts:

1. Don't do too much research on the internet.   The anxiety and frustration increases the pain.  This is my personal experience.   Now I got used to this pain!

2. I don't think Acupuncture has anything to do with killing the germs.   I went for 2 weeks continuous treatment.   After the complete treatment, I did not have pain for 1 week, then all the pains started once again.    Later I came to know, Acupuncture only activates the nerves and manages the flow of energy, and the relief you will get from it may be temporary, especially when there is some infection.
Has anyone tried Nano Silver water treatment?
Joining the club

I have had the same thing for about three months now. Started with pain in my left testicle, moved to my lower left abdomin (abdomen), and later my left butt cheek and leg. I have been to the ER 5 times, urologist twice, and hernia surgeon once. Was told i had epididymitus and hydrocele. Took antibiotics for two weeks and it went away for a week. Then it came back, put on antibiotics for a month and it did not help at all. Pain pills are doing nothing too. I was also told i have no hernia. The pain comes and goes from dull to sharp. This is crap that no doctor can pinpoint this with all these people having the same syptoms (symptoms). And this is a medical website, shouldnt doctors be reading this and answering us. That would be cool. But it just seems like they want us to keep going in so they can make more money. And I have no insurance cause i cant afford it and now i cant afford to go to the doc anymore. I am not gonna put up with this my brothers in pain. I am going to send this blog list in to the medical board or whoever needs to see it. If anyone has already done this let me know. I am going to take action.
Hey guys was doing more research and I think I might have found our answer. Pudendal Neuralgia. Look it up. It seems to fit. Especially the part about doctors thinking we are making it up.
Pudendal Neuralgia was already discussed here.   We know people who do excessive work-outs, cycling have high chances of getting PNE.    Not the others.

Guys,

I read about low testosterone levels can cause pain in testicles (showing symptoms similar while fuel tank is getting empty?).   I read some articles saying people had this pain tried Androgel, they did not have this pain, when they stopped Androgel, the pain started once again.   You should find more information on this by doing a Google search for "androgen + testicle pain".

Some say, if the Urologist doesn't find anything and all the reports are normal, then testicle should be seen by a Endocrinologist.    How valid is this?   Can anyone say they have low tsh levels and experiencing this pain?

Sorry I did not see that PNE was already discussed. I did see information that it happens to athletes alot. But information shows it could happen to others also. Especially in people who were athletic when younger. I am just saying if on top of abdominal or pelvic pain and testicle pain you are having pain in your buttocks which I am it could be PNE. This website explains PNE in the plainest of english I could find http://www.ehow.com/about_5136822_pudendal-neuralgia-symptoms.html. I know this may not be everyones problem but it could be for some. The only other thing I found was prostatis but it did not say much about abdominal pain.
Was doing some research on the internet on the non-bacterial Prostatitis caused by unspecific infections.

I found some article saying the Prostatitis may develop due to Prostate Tuberculosis.   Though it is worldwide, it seem to be uncommon, and much lesser in the US.   I have no idea what this is.

This seem to be asymptotic which means you won't really know whether your partner has this.    Anyone has done research in the internet from this perspective?
Another victim here.  Testicles swelled suddenly, then shrunk considerably.  Epididymitis.  Will be seeing a urologist this month.  Personal opinion -- a blockage somewhere.  Why?  Symptom onset was immediate, not gradual.  
Hi Antix,
I have the same symptoms. For years I have had the same feeling in my left testicle, but never lower ab problems until today. I had the left side of my sack checked and the doctor told me that I have a vain that is fairly large and that it was pressing against the canal from which the sperm is transferred from the testicle to a side pocket in which it is stored before it is released during ejaculation. He told me that every 7th guy has it and that all they had to do is poke through the vain so that the sperm can flow easy and unhindered. I never got it done and I assume that is why I have those problems today. It may also have something to do with a flu virus or something, because I have just caught the flu and two days later, my testicle and ab started to hurt.
Hope this helps
  during sex o  
i have almost read this whole page and this seems to match up with my problems. i am 17 years old. since about 2 days ago i have been experiencing a very odd feeling in my left testicle. it is a little differently shapped then my right. Then my lower back along with my left abdominal and left hamstring started to feel sore. my lower left abdominal hurts when i cough. im very worried and cant concentrate on anything else but thinking of the worse. someone please help
Yacob,

If you see any visible changes like changes in shape or size, color, lesions, etc, you should consult with a your urologist for a physical examination first.

Everyone,

If you think you have the symptoms of CPPS/Non-Bacterial Prostatitis, try doing pelvic floor exercises - especially the Kejal exercise.   It is very simple.  The gastroenterology I met recently was telling me  that the anal sphincter muscle plays a major role in the blood circulation in the pelvic area.  Any spasm in the sphincter muscles can cause these referral pains and play a role in the poor blood circulation.
Hi everyone im going through the same issues as everyone else and its driving me mad, been going on now on and off for around 3 years been on antibiotics and due for my 4th ultra sound on friday the 28th, my symptoms are a heaviness in the right testicle with a dull ache that come from the epididymis and when lightly touched increases the sensation of the ache also get a pulling feeling in lower right side of stomach about 2" from the hip bone, i also get what i can only describe as a feeling of growing pain at the top of my right buttock this all comes on at the same time and when it does it seems my right thigh goes heavy and jellyfide.

This really is having a neg affect on my life now, having to think before i do anything just in case it triggers it off  again.
Also forgot to add that  when its cold and scrotum retracts get a stong uncomfortable feeling of my right testicle being strangled
What type of ultra sound taken so far?  Is that a Color Doppler scanning on your scrotum?
It will clearly show you any swellings in your epididymis in the head, body or tail.

Any infection in the epididymis also affects the inguinal canal, which consequently radiates the pain to your right or left leg depending on which side of the epididymis infected.

Have you taken any antibiotics so far for the epididymitis?

Can you confirm whether you are noticing any low ejaculation?  The reason being, the epididymis carries the sperm during ejaculation, when the epididymis swells during an infection, it narrows down the epididymis tube, resulting in minimal flow of the sperm.

Hi Damien thanks for reply, cant say i noticed any reduction when ejaculating also have no pain, because this has been going on now for 3 year and comes and goes doctors keep saying must be some kind of strain but im not convinced, when i go outside in the cold and the scrotum retracts i get a heavy sensation in right testicle and groin if i experience shooting pain in the epi which doesnt happen very often if im honest i get a feeling that you would get after exercise in my groin directly next to the right testicle which kind of makes my thigh feel heavy and like i said in my last post give me an ache in my right buttock.
When i have the ultra sound tomorrow i know there just going to say everything looks normal but im going to say to them then we need to find out what else could be causing this as it must be something.  

The annoying thing is that when i feel the tenderness i can touch exactly where it hurts and increase the pain so must be something wrong. :-(

not sure what ultra sound it is that im having they never tell me what kind.
my testicals hurt randomly at night or sometimes in the morning i haven't told the doctor because the pain disappears it comes randomly and disappears before i know it any one know what i can do?
and some times my stomach hurts on the right side (sorry for the 2 repeat post)
You have not mentioned your age and how long you are having the pain.   Several people here in this forum are experiencing this pain for months and years.

Have your urologist do a physical examination.    Try reading all the posts in this topic, some of them may help you understand what you are undergoing.   Anyways, these are the common causes of testicle pain - Epididymitis, Prostatitis/Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome, etc.
Hey guys, I've been suffering from something similar. After eating i get really bad pains in my stomach and have found that my left testicle gets very painful. The pain is mainly down the left side of my stomach and arround the bladder. I get a pain as if i have had to urinate for a long time and have held it too long. I have tried hot baths etc but to be honest i find it hard to believe with all the people on here experiencing these problems there isn't something better than just being put on antibiotics and being told to have a bath. The pain around my bladder area started about a year ago arround the same time i was getting stomach pains, and after visiting the doctor they told me I most likely had a stomach ulser. I took the pills they gave me even though i suspected i didn't have an ulser and they did no good. The pain in my stomach alternates but mostly remains on the left hand side.

This my be unrelated but I have noticed over the years every now and again when urinating the feel of the stream changes and the urine goes white and cloudy. Also once every few weeks when wiping after taking a poop the stool seems to have been like a greeny/yellow mucus that smells strange.

Any help would be appreciated!
For those of you having chronic pain, have you had any ultrasounds done?  Do you have a veriococle?

I think alot of men suffering from this without any sign or tests showing infection actually are suffering from Nutcracker Syndrome.  A lot of doctors don't even know what this is.  It is a circulatory problem where the renal vein has become compressed somehow.  It causes this exact same type of pain.

I had chronic pain like this for a while and my ultrasound showed a veriococle but the doctor NEVER checked for nutcracker syndrome and instead just told me to live with it.
Now had 5 ultra sounds 5th one was last week and the same old story, everything looks to be fine, i was clear of every problem that can occur in the testicles.
I am still getting constant nagging heaviness and squashed feeling in my testicles with sharp pain from time to time in my epi, just been tested again for infection all clear had all bloods done again even psa for prostate  problems again all clear so not sure what to do now.
Would be nice for one of the many doctors i have seen to say ok all your test were clear so lets look at what else could be causing this but no one seems to follow it up.

Feeling very frustrated by the whole thing been going on now for 3 years now

I'm 36 and in good shape
So many people suffer from this and its the same story.  I wonder how many doctors have this?  You would think there would be some serious research into this crap.

Its insane is all i can say.
So...I've been reading about this problem for an hour or so. I've had pain worsening every day for a week. Left Testicle, lower abdomen, don't pee much when I do, gets worse when I sit. It feels like pressure on my pelvic area and my left testie has sharp pains going through it.

Well, I once had a session of rough sex (not that it has to be rough for this to happen) and as soon as I was done I had unbearable pain in one of my testicles. Contemplated going to the ER until I noticed it looked mis shaped. As someone in a post I read said, "I lift it up and move it over and the pain goes away". It got me thinking about my prior experience. Also, the blood flow thing someone on this thread mentioned seem to go along with it. Just a few minutes ago I twisted my testicle the direction that didn't seem to hurt it. Almost immediately I felt a warm sensation go through my left leg and lower abdomen-pelvic area.

THE PAIN WAS GONE!!! Then it came on really strong for a few minutes. Maybe like when your arm falls asleep from sleeping on it and then it hurts when the blood starts flowing back through it?

So far while I've been writing this the pressure and pain have left. I figure the bit of discomfort will leave in a day or so. Might be damage that needs to heal. (If this even fixes the problem for good) I can now push on my lower abs with no feelings of pressure and no major discomfort.

I have been to the doctor and had STD tests and a urinalysis done with no help provided. This just worked for me and depending on you, it just might be your solution.

It might come back after strenuous activity (jogging, rough nights in bed, etc.) but we can just assume we are more susceptible than others.

If you have a swollen testicle than go get that sh*t checked out pronto!!!

Hope this helped and if you can post this on other more current threads.
Hey guys,

I believe a lot of guys here may be suffering from NUTCRACKER syndrome, as Touchet mentioned above. Nutcracker syndrome is the compression of the left renal vein between the abdominal aorta and superior mesenteric artery. When this vein is compressed, blood can't drain well from the left testicle and left kidney, and this causes the lower abdomen and testicle pain on the left side. This condition is also the cause for varicocele: the blood can't drain properly and pools in the veins of left testicle, so the veins get thicker and varice occurs. Doctors generally dont check for this since very few know about it. So this syndrome is very rarely diagnosed, but it is probably the most common cause of varicocele. However, doctors generally dont do anything about it if the bloodflow isn't drastically reduced because the surgery is complicated; it involves the relocation of the left renal vein or the left kidney itself. Sometimes stents are also used.

So, If your pain is severe and persistent, I think you should check for it. Your doctor may not know about it, but this condition exists and may be the cause of your troubles. I hope this helps someone.
I have the same problem, am mid 20's, had a scan and was told it was a varacose vein ( sorry for the bad spelling) but as yet still no cure to the problem. If anyone has any other answers I would be greatfull
i am 17 i have the same sort of problem but i have a lump on my left testicle there has been a few times at work i would get it in the nuts by some kid or someone i work with but i dont no what could have done it any suggestions
hi i am 17 and i have sort of the same thing but i do have a lump on my left testicle i have been hit at work from kids before also a few people who i work with have hit me but they dont punch me they just slap me i dont no if any of those could have caused it but im not sure any suggestions ?
I am 26 and I have a lump on my left testicle. The lump does not hurt but my left testicle does can someone tell me what it could be
this is kinda unpleasant to talk about . I have this same problem .. I masturbate twice a day. so last week I masturbated and ejaculated 5 times in an hour . The next morning I had a pain in my theistical and abdomen. I read up on it and it can be caused by to many ejaculation or not ejaculating at all.. there’s lots of ways to hurt thing when masturbating or having sex. You can hit you balls wile masturbating and hurt them or also when you hold it in you can strain the mussels and cause pain that way, I have stoped masturbating for two days and it seems to be getting better , its a hard thing to do but try it out, it could help
Well this seems to be a Left Testicular Issue plague, I too have the same issues and of all things on the left side.
Im 59 years old and have had left testicle pain for 40 years it comes and goes . I feel a cord with a short hard small pea sized ball that feels like it ends on this cord and ball just touching this cord is really painful . But with some effort lightly squeezing this cord ball thing very lightly seems to ease the pain a few hours latter. Nothing funnier than an old man reaching in to his stuff and squeezing his left nut for a minitue trying to get a persistant life long pain to subside. The doctors are useless on this they do not know their elbows from there arses on this.
I had the same issue.  I am being scoped on thursday to rule out prostate issues.  Then I am going to have the surgery to explore my abdomen for adhesions.  I also have a veriococle or whatever its called.

The surgeon explained it too me this way.  First the doctors will rule out everything else MAJOR that could be wrong.  Scar tissue doesn't show on any of the test unless its causing a deformity in the organs. So its a process of elimination.  After all else fails they can do the endoscope.

So in otherwords, Unless you guys have the exploratory surgery, they can't diagnose you with adhesions.  And they can't do that untill they have exhausted all options.  So you will have to keep going back until they can eliminate all other options to rule that you have some type of nerve entrapment w/adhesions.  If you have EVER had any type of abdominal surgery done, you have a 93% chance to have adhesions.

I have been through every test--MRI, CT Scan, 2 ultrasounds, TONS of urine and blood tests.  I have one last test--cytoscopy--to rule out prostate cancer, Then he can do the endoscopy to see what exactly is going on.  After that, depending on what he finds, He will perform an operation to get rid of the veriococle w/adhesions and any other denervation or problems he finds.

Believe me, I've been at this since 2003.  If worse comes to worse, I will have to seek pain management.  Unfortunately, adhesions are very hard to get rid of, thats why the doctors don't want to diagnose any of you with nerve entrapment and/or adhesions.  Usually the surgery to remove them are temporary at best and you have to be treated for chronic pain.  That means you will have to be on narcotics eventually for the rest of your life.  If you are only 20 or 30 or even 40 years old, the doctors will no ANYTHING to keep that from happening either with delays in diagnosis or surgeries.  If you refuse anything, they have got you and you'll be living in pain untill you comply.

In conclusion, keep going back to your doctor.  You all have a chronic pain condition, and unless you want to deal with the pain for the rest of your life, you have to keep going back to the doctors.
I am 31 years and had been experiencing similar pain from last 6 years in lower left abdominal, radiates down towards my left leg, left testicle and uneasiness in groin, pain accelerate after long hr sitting and in morning. Also it increases when i am have gas and constipation.
MRI - lower left back and SI joint is clear.
CT - lower abdominal is clear
Ultra sound is clear.
All urine test, and blood test are clear.
Please provide any related information what could be the reason of this pain. This pain is  really very depressing and badly effect my daily work.
i had an inguinal hernia repair on my right side lower abdomen in 2009 and had on and off again pain resulting from the surgery for around a year or so with it slowly subsiding. then about 6 months ago, maybe a little less i started getting a pain on my left abdomen lower wall like a hernia but with no lump like before.

i went to my surgeon and let him check me out with a no hernia answer. then had a ultra sound on my groin to check for testicular torsion or a hernia into me scrotal sac. checks out clean. the pain in my left testicle and abdomen went away for about 2 months then suddenly came back. when i sit too long i can feel it but when im out and about its like its not there at all.

no answers yet, can live with it if its nothing. but would like to at least know for peace of mind. if anyone has an answer to this please post to the forum.

thank you.
been having pain in my left nut and it radiates into my lower left abdomen, been having this pain for the past week it went away for 3 days and started back again when i first noticed the pain i was just sitting in a chair talking to my wife, the pain would come and go never stay to long so i went to sleep that night and woke up to pain in the morning went to doctor he said nothing was wrong, so went home after that had no pain wife and i had sex and the pain came back just that one day then went away and its been gone for 3 days and in those 3 days wife and i had sex again no pain but then earlier today pain came back wasn't doing anything strenuous or got hit nothing just bam out of no where pain hits me and its one of those annoying nagging pains
Day 28 into a vasectomy, left nut is still tender if I try to jog, got the lower abdomen pain too, Dr. said it may be varacole veins. Sounds like the surgury for this does not work, cant jog, because of the "squeezing" sensation, standing helps, sleeping has been horrible the past two nights. FYI, I would NOT recommend a vasectomy. If its not broke, dont fix it. I regret mine = due to the constant pain, not the current inability to bear children. Most guys are fine with a vasectomy, like the 8 I spoke with, I'm a SLOW healer or one of the unlucky few. I think I'm both.
Have had similar ache in right testicle for about 6 months now.

Generally it's a dull ache, but sometimes the tubes above the testicle can actually be painful.

Had a scan in the 1st month, and the doc ruled out any signs of infections, varicocele, hernia. I had a course of anti-biotics just to be on the safe side, but no difference.

The initial diagnoses was some kind of muscle strain around that area .

Lot's of rest does 'seem' to make it better, but I feel I'm just resting an underlying problem, that won't get better - the ache always comes back after a couple of weeks of good rest.

Exercise is strange - during it I feel no worse, in fact, most times I don't feel any ache or pain, but after when I'm walking or sitting, the ache comes back.

Doctor had a look at me recently again too. There's an area (the connecting tubes above the testicle) that he pressed, and it hurt.

I think what I have is 'referred pain'. He said it's most likely inflamed (for whatever reason), so gave me some anti-inflammatory tables for a month (still on them). I don't think they are making any difference...we'll see.

Some good advice though, he mentioned 'nerve blockers'. A drug (tablets) that essentially dumb down the pain. He said I could try a course of these later. To me it sounds a bit drastic, I'd rather have a diagnosis, so I may request another scan.

Something another doctor said - see an osteopath. He mentioned he had back pain, and some testicle pain with it. The osteopath 'fixed' his back, and the testicle pain was gone. I don't have any back pain, so I've not gone down this route yet.

I'm also trying to mange this with various stretches too. I'll keep an eye on this thread, and post anything new.

Nick
Viewing 1-200 comments: