The last few years I have noticed a dramatic loss of hair on my legs. I do have male pattern baldness but I do have hair on other parts of my body. Why would the hair on my legs fall out but not the hair on my chest, arms etc.?
I'm 46 and have grown back my leg hair. I started losing it when I was about 40. I have very hairy legs, so the loss on the back of my calf and where my sox rub during the winter months looked very silly.
I grew it back by doing the following - although I'm not sure if it was one thing or probably a combination.
1. Do not put soap or detergents on your legs AT ALL. Use a soft cloth and hair conditioner only.
2. Take Borage Oil Capsules- High in Omega 6 AND Linoleic Acid (LA) also high in Gamma-Liolenic Acid (GLA) **IMPORTANT**
3. Take some kind of high potency Methyl-Solfonyl-Methane (commonly called MSM) and Glucosamine supplements.
4. I also take Folic Acid along with a multi-vitamin.
5. I put something called Pure MSM Lotion made by TriMedica - maybe any lotion with MSM in it would do. Add a couple drops of evening primrose oil to the lotion before putting it on your legs. (High in GLA) This is also very important since it seems the hair on my legs gets brittle and breaks off.
I started doing this and within a few months all my leg hair was back. I stopped for a few months - and lost my leg hair again, so I guess it is going to be an ongoing process.
You can get the above things online - vitaminworld.com or vitaminlife.com or any other place that sells vitamin and health supplements.
Copyright 1994-2016MedHelp International.All rights reserved. MedHelp is a division of Aptus Health.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.