Little boys testicles
Does a 2 year olds testicle sag when he is sick? My son's testicles hang lower when he has a head cold and I was wandering is it normal or what.   Thanks ConcernedMother2
Please someone answer my question.....
The same thing happened to my little boy (he is 2 1/2) when he had an ear infection and it was because he was a bit dehydrated because his temperature was high and his sore ear mean't it hurt him to drink. Getting slightly dehydrated often happens if they are sick, have a cold or temperature. Plenty of fluids and pediatric electrolite solution if necessary will re hydrate him and it should dissapear.
The scrotum acts like a heat regulator for the testicles.  In order for sperm to survive, they must be at a temperature very close to the body's regular temperature.  Therefore, it the temperature outside the body is very cold, the scrotum will contract and bring the testicles closer to the body to keep them warm.  Likewise, when a male has a fever, his body temperature can be too high for the sperm to survive, so the scotum drops the testicles down from the body to cool them.  In other words, it is completely normal for the testicles to hang low when a person has a fever.  That means the scrotum is working as it should.  Hope this helps.
Thank you I was concerned about it.
Sonyaxo commented on MY cuz
drifter0213 commented on MY cuz
Exercise Tracker
Exercise is part of a healthy lifestyle