Men's Health Community
Losing hair (just above my forehead)
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Losing hair (just above my forehead)

Hi,

I'm losing hair mainly above my forehead and its increaing day by day. My father still has all his hairs and no one in the family is bald. So is there a way to stop this baldness or regain hair? Please advise.
Related Discussions
2 Comments
Blank
I would recommend seeing your Dr and having tests ran. It could be that your testosterone is low, your thyroid is low, or you may just be getting male pattern baldness. Even though it does'nt happen in your family does'nt mean it can't. Yes, there are treatments available, but you need to discuss these with your Dr.
Blank
Hi, my son who is 21 now had same problem when he was 17.  His father and grandfather are bald.  I took him to dermetologist, he priscribed (prescribed) Propecia for him.  He said it has sexual side effect and goes away when yo sop taking the drug.  He has lots of hair now and he does not lose any more hair. However, news is floting around saying that the sexual side effect comes from propecia is sometime not reversible. Asyesterday,he stopped his medicine. I am really worried if it has done any damage to him or not.  He has never been in any relationship, so he really can not tell if it has done anything to him.  please read more on any medicine you take.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Men's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank