Loss of circulation in fingers in cold weather
Upon exposure to cold weather, my fingers immediately turn white like they do not have adequate circulation.  This happens more frequently each year.  It almost appears as if my body shuts off circulation to my fingers as soon as I feel the cold weather.

While leaving work (heated office) in 25 degree temps.  I can put gloves on while still in side, walk 1 minute to car, drive for 2-3 minutes and take off my gloves to see fingers pale white.  I hold my hands up to the heated air coming out of the vent to warm fingers and get color back.

Any idea what causes this?
Look up Raynauds and see if the symptoms fit...
Before I found out I had a thyroid disorder, my hands and feet lost circulation a lot.  On a cold day me and my fiance would walk into a theatre, and an hour into the movie and my hands are still cold.  It takes forever to warm up since the lack of bloodflow unless I'd put them under my shirt or find another way to heat them.

But poor circulation in hands and feet and having your hands stay colder longer than they should after you've left a cold atmosphere are symptoms of thyroid problems.  It can be something else, but I'd suggest seeing an endo and getting a full panel done.
It could also be caused from a case of frostbite that occured earlier.  i got frostbite on one finger and in the cold it turns white and feels strange.  If it is from a mild case of frostbite it is permanent.
It could be your body reacts faster to lower temps then most people.  I have this problem all my life and have just learned to accept it.  While I’ve never had frost bite in my fingers I’ve had frozen toes while hiking during the winter as a Boy Scout.  They do react to cold and become painful.  Those hot packs help a lot.  Good luck!
My finger tips are always a lot colder than the rest of my body and I don't find that unusual however, my fingers (usually one) get completely yellow (and it hurts) sometime during the winter. I have been living in NJ for 8 Winters already and this had never happened to me until last year. When it fist happened it must have been at least 20 degrees out.. which is pretty cold.. but it happened again like 2 days ago when it was only 45 degrees.
Why is that? Could I do something to stop it? Why does it happen randomly not everytime it gets cold?
KeeLolo commented on photo
58 mins ago
wholesalepharma joined this community
Welcome them!
Sep 24
opus88 commented on photo
Sep 23
Exercise Tracker
Exercise is part of a healthy lifestyle