Men's Health Community
Loss of erection

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

Loss of erection

so I'm 22 years old and my boyfriend is 29. We've been together for 6 months now, completely trust each other and we're in our honey moon phase all in love. When I met him I was a virgin. We've been having sex for the past 4 months and every now and then he has a phase of loss of erection. It takes only one time where he can't get one or simply loses it in the middle of the action and he always claims that he really wants to have sex but his penis won't cooperate. I know it's not because of a lack of attraction because we're really passionate when we have intercourse. And after he gets this one time of dysfunction…it gets into a phase where it happens regularly and he claims it's because of the stress of not getting it the previous times. I'm never upset when it happens and always show him support trying to unstress him but I wonder is there anything really useful I can do to help him?
Also, we see each other around 3 times a week and every single time we have sex, often more than once. I can't really remember the last time we hung out without getting our clothes off at some point, is there something as too much sex? None of us complains about it but I wonder if we're doing a good thing by acting like this.
1 Comment
You boyfriend is correct. His erectile dysfunction is due to the stress of it's having happened before. This is called "Performance anxiety erectile dysfunction". He is watching himself trying to get an erection and this blocks everything. The solution is to take intercourse off the menu for a few weeks. Then you take over and and do all the work while he just lies there and does nothing. No performance no anxiety.