Men's Health Community
Lost Sensation in Penis - Flaccidity during Sex (not during masturbatio...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

Lost Sensation in Penis - Flaccidity during Sex (not during masturbation)

Hey there.

I'm a 23 year-old male. In the last few years, I've noticed that my penis does not have nearly the same amount of sensation (particularly in the shaft) as it had during my late teens. I originally suspected it had something to do with the amount of masturbating I did - that somehow masturbating a couple times a day had somehow killed my my nerve endings. Maybe this is so, I do not know. The other problem (more like 'related' problem) is that I can achieve a full erection while masturbating, but NEVER during a sexual encounter with a woman. I can count on one hand how many times I've been with a woman and in all those times, I've never been able to achieve a substantial erection, and it's very disconcerting. Part of it is due to stress, I'm sure, but what about this 'lack of sensation' issue? Should I stop masturbating altogether? These problems were occurring before I ever started smoking, and have since quit and still experience the same problems. I'm also finding it difficult to get an erection without applying great amounts of pressure when I masturbate. Sometimes, I do not achieve a full erection until just moments before I ejaculate. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Are you by any chance circumcised?
Hey there, Rankett,

In answer to your question..yes, I'm circumcised. I figured a few other details might be useful as well...I'm not overweight...about 11.4 stone (around 160 pounds) and six feet, one inch tall. I've never had any significant health problems, though I had surgery for minor gynecomastia around a year ago. My father had it as well, but it didn't seem to affect his sex life. I have smoked off and on, but my issues with not getting it up during sex have occurred whilst never having smoked and while smoking around three cigarettes a day, so I do not think the nicotine is the largest contributor towards my impotence. Is there anything I can do? I recently ordered some generic viagra online to see if that will help at all. Who knows...it would be nice not to have to rely on pills, however, as I AM only 23. This issue makes me feel VERY inadequate, as I start to think...evolutionarily, I should be dead (or at least not be able to mate). Ugh. Anyway, thanks, and hope to hear more soon.
Some erectile dysfunction, as you seem  to suffer from, can have many causes, virtually impossible to identify here. For this you have to take the tests due (blood analysis, hormones levels and anything else a doctor only could suggest you).

But for the sensitivity loss, I am inclined to believe that it may be related to circumcision. You know, circumcised men have their glans (glands) exposed all the time; this leads to loss of sensitivity due to permanent friction of the glans (glands) which was not meant by nature to be like that, and to more or less dryness. The process may take many years to become noticeable, but once there it is very difficult to go back. Moreover, circumcision can ruin your sex life if not properly done.

If the above mentioned factor is the cause of your sensitivity loss, then I feel very sorry for you and I am afraid that I could not be of any help. I know very well what it means to be at your age and have such problems. It would be a good idea though to talk to a doctor about this problem too, hoping that it is something else (not circumcision related) more easily curable, since you are still too young.

Oh, and do not enter the circle of medication freely circulating out there (viagra and the like), without first consulting a specialist.

Good luck.
Check My posts your situation sounds similar to mine.Check your hormone levels Kidney function, blood sugar,cholesterol, testosterone, estradiol, dhea, prolactin........ All of your symptoms could be caused by an imbalance. If a surgeon operated on you without doing this he dosen't know what he is doing as the gyneo can grow back. Good luck
key here in my opinion and the good news, is he claims that he can achieve a full erection whilst masturbating, yet can't with felmale encounters. this would suggest the problem is purely a psychological one, not a physical one. further good news for him is that this isn't unheard of, far from it, it common in young men (they just dont like talking about it)

i would not be to concerned by that if i were you. it is a serious dent to your ego i understand that, but infact you will find that your inexperience  here is the problem, not some disfunctional penis.  

as for a solution, well, the one night stand will never fix it, and viagra is a rocky road that will make the situation far worse, nor is it required - speaking from experience, leave it well alone for now mate.

what you need is something alot harder to find, but once found should pretty much guarantee to fix the problem. you need a women that you trust enough to share this information with before you have any sexual encounter with her that is meant to lead to intercourse.  this trusted women will be your key to working through the problem. you share your secret with her and if your a good judge of character she will help you overcome it. the process of telling her and her not laughing and making you feel small is the first very big step to it being fixed. if she does giggle, dont loose face, she will quickly see that its  a massive thing for you and she will come to you and support you sexually and emotionally if she wants to love you.  women are very good at that given the chance. one night stand girls are seriously not.

it has problems this idea. you need a regular girl, not some quick fix night. you will have to wine and dine this girl, trust her, fall in love with her, and have her do the same BEFORE you tell her your problem.  she will help you through it.  

why do i know this? a few trusted docs told me the same thing after years of alcohol abuse left me pretty incapable much like you are. i had the same problem, it would work for me, not for anyone else. nerves got in the way and i couldnt have sex.  it took alcohol abuse to do it to me, but it can happen without all that like it has done to you.  frustrating, ego bruising and it makes you want to avoid sex - all not good. a good regular girl will fix that for you though mate. if it was something more, it wouldnt work for you when your on your own so relax about the idea that it is broken somehow, your 23 and its nerves in your head and not alot else causing it.  

go find a girl you can trust and invest some serious time into her. shes the key to the door  to fixing that for you.

as for the loss of sensation etc i think he meant further down the shaft than where the knife went in to do the circumcision, and weirdly is the problem i was hunting out for myself on here before i saw he's post hehe. i'm clueless on it aswell sorry

i would lastly say, go see a doc anyway, just to have a chat about it.tell him as much as you can or better still, print off this page and show it to him. it will save you going through the headache of explaining it cos your post is on here, and it will show him what advice you have had on it first where he can comment on it as he sees fit. the appointment will be far easier for you if you do it that way as all the shameful stuff you will bubber out, mis pronoucing and forget will be on the sheet of paper, taking all the weight off your shoulders. easy.

whatever the doc says you will come out of there proud that you did it. a good ego hit, good for everyone once in a while

good luck mate with it

dave