Low Carb Diet Question
I am a 51 yr. old white male, 6 ft. tall and 175 lbs. I have been on a low Carb diet for about 4 yrs. now. Before being on the low Carb diet I was over 200 lbs and with high blood pressure, I would also have bouts with sinus trouble and headaches. Since being on the low Carb diet I have gotten my blood pressure down to the normal readings, and have not had any trouble with sinus or headache problems.
I have kind of slipped once and awhile in my eating habits, and when I do my body really notices it. When I eat pasta, bread or potatoes my sinuses flare up big time, if I have some sugar I will get a headache. The way that I have gotten around this is by taking a Sudafed before I eat something and it seems to help with the nasal congestion.
My question is I would like to stay on the low Carb diet but I have heard that a high protein diet is hard on your Liver, but if I start eating higher Carb foods I am stuck with headaches and nasal problems.. What can I do or why do high Carb foods affect me this way??
No, all blood work is good
It may not be the high carbs you eat but the type of carbs.  You may want to study the glycemic index (how quickly carbs and therefore insulin are released into the blood system) and see if lower glycemic, complex carbs still cause headaches, etc.  

A couple of interesting books if you can find them are "Life Without Bread" and
"The Save Your Life Diet".  The Save your life diet is by Dr. David Reuben and the Life Without Bread is by Dr. Wolfgang Lutz.  Both are pretty informative and while they don't agree, it can give you insight into carbs and their function as well as what types you should eat.  There are lots of books on the glycemic index as well.
The Glycemic index uses sugar as a base number (index of 100) and all other foods are scaled in accordance)  Bread is very high(90 or so) but a sweet potato is very low (40).  It's a bit complicated and controversial in the USA but the diabetic association is moving toward looking at it, since it does work to control insulin in some diabetics.

Easiest experiment is to make all of your carbs complex ones and maybe start at 25% or so of your diet being carbs and work up or down depending on how you feel.  You'll have to do it a number of times to see if you get the same results.  
Maybe someone else can write in an give you an easier solution.  Good Luck!
Benefits Of Turmeric In Bursitis
8 hrs ago by gymdandee
Weekend Laughter (NEW Wine for Seni...
8 hrs ago by gymdandee
AppleBr commented on photo
Sep 27
Exercise Tracker
Exercise is part of a healthy lifestyle