Lump on base shaft of penis
Hello, I had protected sex and the condom did not break. Three days later I noticed a hard lump underneath my foreskin on the base of my penis. The bump was in the skin itself and was only painful when I'd squeeze it. The pain was like that of a pimple. Two days later it got a bit bigger like the size of a pea, only that it had some pink color to it. So I visited my doctor and she said that it didn't look like herpes or a wart and that it must be an infected hair follicle. She told me it was safe to have sex as long as it didn't hurt. I ended up having protected sex the next day, the day after that sex encounter the lump grew bigger and started to irritate. Two days after that last sex encounter the bump had a little cut on it and as I touched it, white pus started to come out and after the pus, a small trace of blood followed. It's been a week since I first noticed the lump and it's gone down in size but it's still a pink mark that can be irritating when touched for observation but no more fluids come out of it, I was just wondering if it sounds like anything other than what my doctor suspected it would be, or should I be worried of an std? I have been sweating a lot since I did run a half marathon two days prior to first noticing the lump. My doctor recommended I wash the area with antibacterial soap and apply polysporin, I have been following orders. Thanks in advance!
It sounds like a pimple to me - probably a large one. Herpes would involve lesions/ulcers that look very typical and nothing like a pimple and don't hurt per se, and don't swell. The pus is a good indicator that it was probably an infected ingrown hair or something like that causing a pimple. What you describe also does not sound like a wart since a wart wouldn't hurt or discharge pus. It should heal in a few days.