Men's Health Community
Married couple with same symptoms

A community for people with Men's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

Married couple with same symptoms

Okay well this past tuesday I was getting dressed for work as was my husband. We both got a little distracted and started having intercourse. I have a think of putting scented lotions on my vagina. And on this day I put a lotion that I had stopped using about 2 weeks ago due to the fact that it sort of burned when I put it on myself, because I do shave. On this tuesday morning I did not shave so thats why I decided to put it on... Well after we had sex (unprotected) I am on birth control. I kind of noticed that on the inside of my vagina I felt a little burning sensation, kind of like when you have a bladder infection or drink a lot of soda. I did notice a little bit of white gooey discharge but very little...there is no smell or discharge.Well it continued the whole day. The following day 'wednesday' when my husband got home from work...he commented that all day and the day before his penis was burning and very itchy and real red...I put some hydrocortizone on it and it sort of got a little better...he says it dont burn it just itches.I noticed the following day that its still red and kind of scaling. I still have the burning sensation and just started my period. Could it have been the cream or maybe a yeast infection ? please help!
It could have been the cream and/or an infection (how old was the cream?  Is it sanitary?)  If it does not clear up in a few days, you or your husband should probably drop by your doctor's and see if there is any point in doing a culture to see what is going on.  
thanks for the response...well I really think it was the cream. No, its not old. I think that it just has alot of alcohol in it. I am better everything is gone. My husband's penis is still red but doesnt hurt as much as it did...I have appt coming up in about 3 weeks. So, I'll see what they say at the docs office. Thanks.
Barb135 commented on FDA issued a warning ...
Paxiled commented on FDA issued a warning ...
addict3 commented on dominosarah's status
Exercise Tracker
Exercise is part of a healthy lifestyle