Men's Health Community
Masturbation 10 tips to stop

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

Masturbation 10 tips to stop

hello. im not a doctor but i've had this disorder for quite some time and i've developed a few ideas on how to fight it. while these may not, and probably won't be everything you need to quit they do help alot. here is 10 tips for fighting your urges
1) admit that you have a problem, if you don't think its a problem you won't have any insentive to quit
2) start wearing tight underpants instead of boxers (only sudgested for the sexually inactive as it reduces sperm count and hormone levels)
3) eat chocolate, it releases endorphins which make you feel happy and mild thereby canceling out the urges
4) eat a healthy diet, i'm not sure of the medical reason but i've tried it myself and it works
5) stay away from porn (no durr, thats kinda obvius)
6) distract yourself with something fun if you have an urge (vedio games, clean music, a hobby, ect.)
7) make a gradtual plan, for example try going for 3 days, stay there for a week or two, then go to four days and keep gradually increasing the time between occurances from my experiance days 4-8 are the hardest once you get past them though it gets better *IMPORTANT NOTE! DO NOT RESTART THE PLAN IF YOU DON'T REACH YOUR GOAL, DON'T STEP BACK, TRY IT AGAIN*
8) in case of emergency use pain, i know its counter intuitive but i found that eating something massively spicy, shooting my foot with an airsoft or hitting my head on the wall tend to work preatty well. this method is the most effective because human nature places survival above reproduction hence pain which indicates danger is above the urge to masturbate and should stop all urges
9) blog, or keep a diary, by keeping a record on your struggles you can see were you went wrong and have a record of your acomplishments.
10) DO NOT HATE YOURSELF IF YOU FAIL, take it moderately, failing is a bad thing but its not the end of the world, by constantly hating on yourself for messing up you will cause the worst of the symptoms and ruin your social life because of shame

feel free to comment and add your own sudjestions, i hope this guide is helpful
5%
 (1) 
i am a teen and i think masturbation isn't a problem
29%
 (5) 
i am a teen and i think masturbation is a problem
35%
 (6) 
i am an adult and i think masturbation isn't a problem
29%
 (5) 
i am an adult and i think masturbation is a problem
17 Members voted
In general I don't think masturbation is a problem.  In fact, to reduce risk of prostate cancer, it is a good idea for men to ejaculate reasonably regularly.

It is only a problem if it becomes obsessive to the extent that affects other areas of your life, or (if you are in a relationship) it is reducing your ability to have satisfying sex with your partner.

Well, that's my opinion anyway!
Only to tell you, you will feel good about youself, once you stop.  If you stop long enough you will begin to have wet dreams again.  This may take a few months, but once the wet dreams begin, they should be on a regular basis.  Perhaps a few times a month.  This is the NATURAL way.  Masturbation is a NORMAL way to rid ourselves of sperm build up.  It is NORMAL to have a cold, but it is not NATURAL.  In other words, it is not the way we are made to go around 100% of the time to have a cold.
wow i will try that but it isvery hard but i will believe in myself
i definently agree with you, to use the cold example like you did, a cold is normal but noone likes them and you definently don't want to have it forever. lately i've actually had my habit deteriorate so i was wondering if any of you had any tips? my ideas are only good for so long and honestly i can't seem to get past a maximum of a week. i feel great after 3 ish days after it happens and right about that time the urges come back again, anyway any ideas from you guys how to keep it under control? i've noticed that wet dreams actually are a problem though because the next day the erges are really bad
When  one is excited he has generated energy.Sexual energy is the strongest energy.sexual energy onn be converted into mentl energy.If one goes through taoist yoga or kundalini yoga, one will find some technique to convert this energy.It is a uphill  task. but once successful one can transform oneself in all the areas of life.
One can learn this technique from yoga, tao, or tantric sex.It is a fascinating subject.Excuse me for the spelling errors as i can hardly read what i have typed without magnifying glass.
I want to thank you for your comments.  Hope this helps many
I'll try it ......... I got in the habit when I was 16 and it got worse from there....now I can't sleep right if I don't do it, and am naked........
        I am trying so far I went 3 days.......but it's hard.
    Me and my best friend have been talking alot about this this weekend ..... he strugled with it too, he's down to two or three a month.
     It's not a crime.....I don't think....but it's deffently can develope into a bad habbit. I was going to see this friend and  I was going to be gone along time, and I was a lil worried of how I was going to deal with it ......I did it once more in the airport bathroom, then went  a week and a couple days, before  I broke down and did it in his shower.......
       He told me he even did it in his car if when bored.....and yes even in his friends bed when they were right there......asleep.
        It's nice, and I don't doubt healthy, but it can get too ugly. I'll try this routine, but I just like to add one or two sugestions.......Read the bible......I know this sounds odd, but it may get your mind off it,.. also find a buddy you can trust, brother frirend, even if it's your sister. I don't care, if you're close to somebody, find him/her and let them know what's going on.  ...... I've done this with my friend.......when you feel the erg, text em or tell em, I'm horny and can't help it .......you might pull it off, but you'll be thinking about your friend, and the comitment you've made to him/her, and to yourself.....kinda hard to explane but I think you all get me ;-)
             Good luck everybody, and god bless
when ever happens to see pretty sexy things accidentedly.. And it keeps bothering u.. Dont get fustrated or irritate.. Have an intention to fantasy on next day morning.. Eg 6am to 7am? If u missed.. have another intention on "next morning". My sperm is getting older and older.

I tried some of the helpful tips u guys recommended. It worked better for me with "next morning". Great to live a confidence, healthy life. Good luck follows too..
A related discussion, Masterbation (masturbation) was started.