May-Thurner Syndrome was the cause of my DVT
Hola  Hopefully, some of you may be able to read this post.  I feel related to the DVTs posts since I suffered from recurrent DVT for 7 years.  I have been taking 13 mg of Coumadin and Lovenox when needed.  I live in PR, and when I first had the first DVT episode I was 27 yrs old; both, my left femoral an iliac veins were clotted.   It happened after I had my second child.  I visited four hematologist/Oncologist in the Island looking for a reason why I was having the clots.  Finally, I went to the Dana Farber Cancer Institute in Boston and the Oncologist said that the reason for my blotting disorder was unknown, and that I may be in blog thinners for life.  I also visited two peripherovascular surgeons.

Well, last year I visited Dr. Donato Arguelles and Dr. Orlando Puente in Coral Gables, Florida and BINGO!!!  They suspected that my clots were a result of the May-Thurner Syndrome.  I had an MRV, like an MRI, but for veins, (which non of the previous doctors recommended me to have one).  Last August I had an angioplasty, and now my pain has decreased more than an 80%.  And, my leg is no longer swollen!!!   I am very happy.  

I just wanted to share this with all of you, because even when I visited 5 "good" hematologist/oncologist, to include the one who writes the books for the Harvard medicine school, and several periferovascular surgeons, none ever thought I would have this syndrome.  Google the syndrome, instead of me having problems with my blood, I had one vein making pressure to the other vein precluding good circulations.

I hope this info helps some of you!  Hopefully, I will be out of Coumadin by the end of the month!  YEAYYY!!!!

This discussion is related to DVT and exercise tennis,stairs.

0
1. hope for DVTs

0
2. May thurner syndrome caused my DVTs
That's great! Good luck!!
I'm 66 years old and never had a problem until 5 years ago! I've had previous surgeries and everything was OK. Then 5 years ago I had a brain tumor removed and 2 weeks later I had 3 blood clots in my left lung and 2 in my right lung. Then about a year later I had 2 clots in each leg a blood test showed I have to genetic factors for clots! prothrombin gene mutation and lupus anticoagulant. So I'm on the rat poison for life.
Exercise Tracker
Exercise is part of a healthy lifestyle