Men's Health Community
May-Thurner Syndrome was the cause of my DVT

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

Hola  Hopefully, some of you may be able to read this post.  I feel related to the DVTs posts since I suffered from recurrent DVT for 7 years.  I have been taking 13 mg of Coumadin and Lovenox when needed.  I live in PR, and when I first had the first DVT episode I was 27 yrs old; both, my left femoral an iliac veins were clotted.   It happened after I had my second child.  I visited four hematologist/Oncologist in the Island looking for a reason why I was having the clots.  Finally, I went to the Dana Farber Cancer Institute in Boston and the Oncologist said that the reason for my blotting disorder was unknown, and that I may be in blog thinners for life.  I also visited two peripherovascular surgeons.

Well, last year I visited Dr. Donato Arguelles and Dr. Orlando Puente in Coral Gables, Florida and BINGO!!!  They suspected that my clots were a result of the May-Thurner Syndrome.  I had an MRV, like an MRI, but for veins, (which non of the previous doctors recommended me to have one).  Last August I had an angioplasty, and now my pain has decreased more than an 80%.  And, my leg is no longer swollen!!!   I am very happy.  

I just wanted to share this with all of you, because even when I visited 5 "good" hematologist/oncologist, to include the one who writes the books for the Harvard medicine school, and several periferovascular surgeons, none ever thought I would have this syndrome.  Google the syndrome, instead of me having problems with my blood, I had one vein making pressure to the other vein precluding good circulations.

I hope this info helps some of you!  Hopefully, I will be out of Coumadin by the end of the month!  YEAYYY!!!!

This discussion is related to DVT and exercise tennis,stairs.
0%
 (0) 
hope for DVTs
0%
 (0) 
May thurner syndrome caused my DVTs
0 Members voted
1 Comment
That's great! Good luck!!
I'm 66 years old and never had a problem until 5 years ago! I've had previous surgeries and everything was OK. Then 5 years ago I had a brain tumor removed and 2 weeks later I had 3 blood clots in my left lung and 2 in my right lung. Then about a year later I had 2 clots in each leg a blood test showed I have to genetic factors for clots! prothrombin gene mutation and lupus anticoagulant. So I'm on the rat poison for life.