Men's Health Community
My son's poor feet KILL him at work

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

My son's poor feet KILL him at work

I have never asked a stranger for help in this way but i dont know what to do about my son's feet. He does not have insurance and i can not afford to take him to a real podiatrist right now.I was hoping you might be willing to give me some advice. He is 31 years old.He has always complianed about sore aching feet since his first high school job at jack in the box.15 years later he works as a welder/machinist. Since he started his job in this new shop he does not get to sit at all.He has to stand on steel grating and concrete for 10-12 hour shifts in welders boots(broken in ones) He is in all ways a very strong tough hard-working kid except for his feet.By the time he gets home -his feet are in such agony he is just about in tears. Recently he was given a verbal warning at the shop because his feet were hurting so bad he was not producing product as he should.This is very hard for him and me.He lives with me and his mom so I can say its a daily ordeal and he is not by any means a whiner. About two years ago i paid for him to go to a foot doctor when his feet were killing him as a waiter. The doctor said:"I don't see anything wrong except you stand on your feet too much,they are going to get tired and sore,try the insoles" and charged him 225 bucks,The insoles lasted longer than his normal Dr Scholl's but his feet still hurt him so he finally stopped waiting tables.
Two years later he is at his wit's end with his feet at work.So are me and his mom.He will text me several times a week from work" Oh my poor feet!"or"the dawgs are screaming"... I do all I can to help him stay positive and relieve his feet. I have bought him EVERY single foot care product you can name from insoles to foot sprays and pain rubs.Everyday my normally happy upbeat goofy kid drags in the door after work like some old man. He limps to the sofa and collapses.He says the same thing everynight"Dad...My feeeet are killllinggggg me!" I have a tub of hot water and epsom salts waiting for him.I get his boots off him and let him soak his feet for awhile.It seems to help with them being so hot and tired but does not stop the throbbing, me or his mom will massage his feet to give him some relief. His arches and heels seem to trouble him the most. They look normal like the podiatrist said.
i would be so very grateful if you could shed some insight on my boy brian's foot misery.
yours sincerly - a concerned dad
1 Comment
Hi A, you need to find him a good foot doctor, Podiatrist, he/she should be able to put him right, its either that or buy him some good insoles and thick socks, its his work boots, I know I always hated mine, the problem is when we buy them it takes time to break them in, or should say they break us in, and its not until then do we find out how good or not good they are, with boots its trail and error.
Good Luck