Men's Health Community
Need immediate help/surgery being misdiagnosed by doctors that don'...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

Need immediate help/surgery being misdiagnosed by doctors that don't care.

I am looking for a muscle that is in the abdomen that can effect a persons sexual performance. Like as in a rare full muscle partial or muscle rupture. This is not a psychological problem or anything like that. I literally felt a muscle snap and immediately went limp. I can literally point to the two sides of the muscle and say that is it right there. No doctor i have been to can properly diagnose it. It is a muscle that is from my belly button to the edge of my pubic hair. Is in constant pain but not overbaring. The pain is about 2 inches below my belly button. I have what is called a 10 second erection and it is directly linked to this injury. I went to a Urologist and he told me everything down there is fine with my, uh, penis. Like the skin is still fully attached to the muscle wall. That isn't it and i knew that just a little background. Also, i didn't break the shaft. My erection when i get one has zero reflexive tendancies. Like before It used to hit me in my belly button, now it hangs to the floor. It is not a disease at all because i caused this injury to myself on accident.
If you do the latter, add the word "anatomy," and it will take you out of the world of Yahoo Answers and into the world of anatomical textbooks, which would be more helpful if you are trying to i.d. a muscle.  Here is a small section of what I found on a quick search:

"     Central Perineal Tendon (perineal body)
    Located at midpoint of the line dividing the urogenital from anal triangles
    Mass of collagenous and elastic fibers
    Deep to skin
    Anterior to anal canal
    Posterior to bulb of the penis (male) or vestibule (female)
    Site of attachment for
        Bulbospongiosus
        Superficial transverse perineal muscles
        Deep transverse perineal muscles
        External anal sphincter
        Fascicles of muscle from external sphincter urethrae and levator ani ..."

In your shoes, I would look up some of those terms and see what they all are.  Good luck.

So, you are saying that it is not penile fracture?  And a urologist is no help?  Hm, I would either see another urologist or else try seeing a doctor who specializes in the musculature of the lower abdomen.  Also, you might be able to find something online that talks about what muscles are involved when a man gets an erection, maybe google "abdominal muscles that support erection" and see where that takes you.

Mass of collagenous and elastic fibers
    Deep to skin
    Anterior to anal canal
    Site of attachment for
        Bulbospongiosus
        Superficial transverse perineal muscles
        Deep transverse perineal muscles
        External anal sphincter

To be very honest you are the only one that really was helpful. Granted we didn't find out the exact problem, however you did seem interested in getting to the answer. This has been a devistating injury and voided many pleasurable relationships and put me on the brink of suicide. So i'm going to tell you a little more though i pretty much told you all of it. The urologist told me that everything that was down there was fine. He specialized in reconnecting the tissue at the base of the penis. However, i didn't need that. Though i did think that they might be somewhat connected because the reflexitivity of my erection was compromised. However, he said that since it wasn' t connected to that then it was out of his scope. This injury happened at two seperate times and that is how i know it is connected to what happened. I inserted a object into my rectum and it pressed against the back of my abdomen wall. I hate talking about this. The object was large. At that time i felt it severe but not completely. I could literally feel it "hanging on by a thread" if that makes sense. Then i was having sex with my girlfriend and that is when it fully snapped and i went immediately limp. 100% to 0% in a few seconds and i only get **** boners now normally in the morning and that is it. Sometimes if i'm very aroused i can get a erection but not for long. If i move the erection around very much from the spot it was maintained i will lose it as if moving it around aggrivates the injury and immediately puts me out of commission. I've broken alot of hearts out there by not sleeping with them. Ha Ha because i am good looking. It messes with my self confidence, also the womens because i don't tell them that i can't sleep with them and that the reason why is because i shoved an object up my rectum i just give them complexs by turning them down. I hate my life.