Men's Health Community
No morning wood or erections at 20?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

No morning wood or erections at 20?

I can't remember the last time I got morning wood. I miss that feeling terribly. As with erections, I do not get random erections throughout the day, or erections when something turns me on unless I play with myself, and even then, its not a hard erection.

What does this mean? Is there something terribly wrong with me? Do I have low-testosterone? Should I consult a doctor?
Hi, it could be low testosterone are you taking any medication ? i would get it checked out by a Doctor or Urologist to put your mind at rest..Take Care........Bob
Stress is a major inhibitor of male sexual function. This includes anxiety about sexual
performance itself, in addition to the countless other worries that come from everyday life.
If you are overwhelmed with worry about your work, finances or your sexual ability, it
can become very difficult to concentrate on the business at hand. Guilt (like the kind that can come from having an affair) is another potential inhibitor of sexual performance.
Many men mistakenly cite sexual hormone problems as the cause of their sexual dysfunction. But in fact it is usually common stresses. In some cases hormone failure actually is to blame for sexual difficulties. And one of the more critical examples is testosterone, the “male hormone.” It is produced in the testes and adrenal gland by way of a complex metabolic process that involves the breakdown of cholesterol
A hormone called DHEA (dehydroepiandrosterone), which is broken down into testosterone and estrogen. DHEA has properties of its own that benefit both men and women. Men maintain their highest levels of this hormone in their early 20s. By age 50 there is a 50% drop in DHEA, and by age 60 a man possesses only one-third the level he had as a young man.
Because DHEA has so many beneficial effects of its own, everyone over age 50 should have a DHEA blood level exam done at some point. If the level is low, you should supplement with 10 mg. of DHEA and get tested again in about three weeks. If it is still low, increase the dose by another 10 mg. and get tested again. Once it is back in the normal range, stop there since excessive use of higher doses
can lead to problems. It is also vital that you check your levels of testosterone, which is an important substance for a variety of reasons. Make sure you get tested for both free and bound testosterone.
Research has shown that men with low testosterone levels double their risk of developing
the metabolic syndrome, since low testosterone levels increase belly fat  which is closely linked to this syndrome
GET TESTED FIRST!!
Supplements to Boost Male Sexual Function Aged garlic extract, Gingko biloba, Vinpocetine, Vitamin E, Horny goat weed, Wild yam, Androstendione, Beta-sitosterol,
L-carnitine, R-lipoic acid, Saw Palmetto, Pygeum
Certain supplements that improve blood flow to the penis. These include arginine, aged garlic extract, Ginkgo biloba and vinpocetine. Arginine works by dilating the arteries through which blood flows into the penis. But unfortunately it also feeds cancers. So if you have cancer or have suffered with it in the past, I would not take supplements with arginine
Thank you for the very informative response.  I think it may be stress related, I'm not really sure though. It's been ongoing for a couple years now, and I don't think I've been super stressed the whole 2 years, even though I do tend to get stressed easily. I am a regular at the gym, which is supposed to help sexual health, and so far its done absolutely nothing. I'm not on medications of any sort. I just feel that this shouldn't happen to someone who is only 20.

Should I try any of those supplements that you listed or go to a doctor first?
First see your MD and get a complete work up! then see what the blood work shows.
Alright thanks! I'm gonna get that done as soon as possible! :)