Men's Health Community
Numbness Problem, mainly in genital area

A community for people with Men's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

I need to give a little background story to help explain my whole situtation.  About three years ago I came back from spring break and had loss of sensation in my penis, and shortly after i had experienced numbness in my lips and nipples as well. I got checked out by a urologist and nuerologist and they had no idea what it was - and since i was able to get erections and ejaculate that i should just let it be. I was in a good relationship at the time and it sort of ruined things but after a few months of got used to things and was able to live life without much problems up until now..About a month ago coming back from spring break again I felt a wierd discomfort in my testicals and it made me very uneasy.  A few days later my erections didnt feel as normal and i was loosing more feeling in my penis, which really started to worry me.  I got checked out again by a urologist and he thought it might be and infection.  I recieved antibodics and some anti-inflamtory medicine which relieved the wierd feeling in the testicals but the numbness and wierd feeling erections did not improve.  I also recieved 4 MRIs and a pelvic/abdominal cat scan which all came back normal along with many blood tests. I was put back on antibodics and dethamexasone to help stimulate my nerves but nothing helps.  Now i can get erections anymore let alone ejaculate.  The docs all say im fine but i cant deal with this anymore.  I cant sleep anymore and I have abnormal sensations in my face, mouth and toungue sometimes.  I dont know if the stress/anxiety is doing part of this now, but i dont know what this is
Avatar n tn
To add i have seen a numbness specialist and other nuerologist and they all say im fine...I might get a spinal tap to be 100% sure, becasue i dont think this can all be in my head.  The numbness in the penis and my scrotum is just so frustrating and depressing to me..I just started a relationship just as this happened and i cant loose this girl, and this is making things very difficult.  I just dont understand how i keep getting worse in terms of numbness in my genital and now other areas of my body if nothing is wrong?  Can a lot of this be from stress/anxiety? my doc just started me on medication to help that is supposed with axiety to not affect my sexual function.  I really need help, as im 21 and i feel like my world just fell apart on me, i feel like each day gets worse and im loosing control of my body?  Any thoughts are helpfull.
Avatar n tn
Well, all I can say to you is that you have been read and you have my best wishes.
But as I am not a professional, I have nothing to help you.
What did you do on each spring break that might have brought on these symptoms?
Avatar n tn
Go to a better urologist. If they don't find anything, request an MRI and some other tests. Get you back checked... slipped disk / pinched nerve, etc can cause that, so I've been told. I'm experiencing the same thing right now also.
Avatar n tn
I got 4 MRI's done, a cat scan done and have seen two nurologist, and they all found nothing.  I think my axiety and lack of sleep is now contributing to all my sex problems.  I just started seeing an acupunturist today and she says she can help.  So im gonna see how this works
Avatar n tn
Where did you go on spring break? Sometimes people can pick up something that docs here aren't familar with. Or do you feel guilty about spring break...
Avatar n tn
When I sit and my testes rest on something they become numb. I have been to the doc and taken a number of pills but still I have the same problem. I went to a Eurologist and he found nothing as well. Also there are no bumps on my testes... help
AppleBr commented on photo
May 03
Piparskeggr uploaded a new photo
May 02
zouzi commented on Please be aware of th...
May 02
Exercise Tracker
Exercise is part of a healthy lifestyle