Men's Health Community
PENIS HEAD RED WITH TINY BUMPS WHEN ERECT

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

Two years ago I got horrible yeast infection after taking tetracyclin, a strong dose of antibiotics. It started as one tiny red spot on my penis then increased to the point of all the skin on the head of my penis peeling off, swollen red testicles, and a few puss filled pimples around my pubic hair areas. I went to the doctors obviously and they said it was just a bad yeast infection and gave me anti fungal cream. This helped to bring it under control and the skin never peeled again and i never got any more of the puss filled pimples around my pubic hair. It was itchy for a while after that but feels fine now. I have no itching or pain or symptoms EXCEPT that My problem is that my penis still looks gross when it is erect. It looks totally normal when flacid, except for maybe a slight redness. But when I have an erection the head of my penis becomes very red and is totally covered in tiny pin head sized bumps. THe bumps are not visible at all untill erect. It just looks awful tho and has made me scared to engage or even pursue any kind of sexual contact with women for the last two years because I am embarresed by the sight of it. Is this the yeast infection still lingering? Is it scarring? Is it something else? Please Help. Nick.
Can anyone help me?
I'm clueless, try going to an urologist or STD clinic.

Best,
hopingseeking
i also took tetracyclin, and had bumps underneath my pubic hair now gone but these bumps appear when errect and appears just little reddish when not
hi there i have thirty or so little red bumps on the head of my penus, have had them for over a year theses things do fade but never fully disapear, then just come back. they look like little zits but, almost looks like under the skin as aposed to a above the skin type sore,  they tend to be itchy at times also sometimes they tend to flake off some dry skin off of them? also mabye possibly can see a pin tip sized white spot in some of them mabye.  what do u think it is?
same exact thing here....pubic bumps are gone but tin bumps still there but only when erect. slightly red when flacid. help???
i did a little research, and although it seems unrelated to tetracyclin, this may not be what you and i are experiencing.

"Tiny, smooth bumps on the scrotum and shaft of the penis are normal and are simply hair follicles or sweat glands. These tend to stick out more when the scrotum is tight, as in cold weather, and are particularly noticeable on the erect penis where they cause a disproportionate amount of unnecessary concern."

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/menshealth/facts/testicularlumps.htm

sorry if this is not of help.
Oh, I have the same problem too (visible spots that are painless but look like ugly bumps when erect).. I went to the doc and he said there is nothing wrong and they could just be some cysts...
I also have bumps on the head of my penis that only appear when erect.  What is it? Is it herpes? I have been going crazy for like 3 months.
Well it has been about 5 months now and the tiny bumps on the head of my penis when erect has not gone away and it has really been wearing me down.  Did you or anyone find any light on your problem?
I have a very similar situation.  Had a bad yeast infection on the head of my penis about 3 months ago, and now every time I have an erection the head looks more reddish than before, with tiny little spots/bumps all over (if you look closely enough).   My first thought when I got the yeast infection was STD, likely herpes, but the tests were negative.  However, at that same time I noticed genital warts just at the exit of my urethra, right inside the head.   They're in a pretty nasty spot,  and I'm still getting treatment for them at a sex clinic.  I will ask about the red bumps and see what they say.

I've also had a small growth appear right at the tip of the head, where the split of the gland begins, so my doctor agreed that I see a urologist.  I will be doing so in July, and will keep you posted in the event that somehow these red bumps are cancerous.
I have little painless red bumps on my penis head that can only be seen when the penis is erect. I am kind of freaking out it is an STD but I am a virgin... it started about a week ago with 1 little bump on my head and a similar thing on my foreskin opposite the head. In the last few days the bumps have spread over about half the head.  If anyone has any idea what this is please help!
A related discussion, little red bumps on penis head was started.
I have the same fine red bumps on my penis head, it only shows when I'm erect, when I'm normal, my tip looks normal, I went to the doctors, it's not and std, my x girlfriend from 3 years ago always got yeast infections, I got a small red rash at first and later on the buttons developed, it doesn't itch or burn but the use of anti-fungal cream may help, at night apply some cream before you go to sleep and see if this helps
A related discussion, Tiny bumps on penis head when erect was started.