Men's Health Community
Pain in base of penis when erect and other symptoms

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

Around 3.5 weeks ago I had regular sex with my girlfriend.
At the time I noticed that I seemed a lot harder than usual but thought nothing of it.
The next day I masturbated and noticed again it seemed fuller.
The next morning I woke up with an erection and there was pain in the base (top) and when I pushed down slightly on it or when walked (movement up/down) it was painful.
I kept an eye on it for a week and took anti inflammatory but it didn’t go away.
I went to the doctors and explained the situation and after a quick check up and me pointing to the area, he said that he thought I had just strained a ligament and it would go away with time.
At first when not erect I noticed a dull ache in the base when sitting at work but this seems to have improved quite a bit.
At the weekend I examined the area again and if I press my finger into the area (sort of into my pubic are where the shaft enters the body) I can feel a sort of bump/lump about the size of a match head (no pain when I press the area).
I now only get pain when erect but now I have noticed that when flaccid it seems to point ever so slightly to the right and when I am getting an erection it pretty much stays towards the right until fully erect and it points straight up as it always had done.
I am pretty worried that it will stay like this.
Any ideas what this could be?
Regards,
Al

Look I think that your doctor has hit on the head by saying its a strain, look these things just dont heal quickly and they take time, as you said some of the pain has gone already, so just give it some more time, the body is a great healer if yopu give it a chance, and just try laying off sex for a while and no masterbating (masturbating), morning woods you can not do anything about but just take it easy.
Good Luck
Cheers for the post....concerned about my wandering rod tho...usually point straight up!
Look just see how it goes for a while, time my boy, time.
Good Luck