Painkiller Addiction
Hi all,

I am 22.  I have Larsens Syndrome which effect mainly my legs.  Lately I have developed arthritus in my left knee which is extremely painfull.  First I was perscribed 30/100 co-codamol, then Tramadol which was 4 100mg doses a day.  I had lots of trouble coming off co-codamol and switching to tramadol.  Aparently my doctor told me that tramadol isnt addictive but after doing some research I found it can be.  Im starting flying lessons and they didnt like me being on tramadol because of the drowsiness so I went to see my doc and she has given me ibuprofen.  Now I havnt taken tramadol for about 2 days and I am always tired, similar to the effects when coming off co-codamol.  So I would like to make sure that ibuprofen wont cause the same problems when I come off these.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Many Thanks in advance!
Ibuprofen is Over The Counter (OTC) and shouldn't cause problems on withdrawal. The dose prescribed for you may not be OTC.
Good luck!
Rad
Ibuprofin is completely safe.I'm going to guess they gave you prescription strength. I had taken 800mg 3 times a day for the past 2 months, and had absolutly no problems when i stopped. Good luck with the flying lessons
Hey guys, thanks for the reply.

Its 400mg 3 times a day at the min.
Not sure if anyone is up at this time of night but I need some help. I have a very strong addiction to Norcos. I have been taking 10-15 a day for about 2 years. Before I started taking them, I was taking 5mg vicodins after knee surgery. A person I ocnfided in told me about a drug called Suboxin (not sure of the spelling) Said person told me that it would be extremely helpful in a rapid detox situation. He did tell me that I would need to be monitored as it would make me sleep and could cause seizures. Anyone know anything about Suboxin? Sorry, I just read above where it asks not to post a new question but I have struck out all night with the other threads being closed. None of them mentioned Suboxin though. Which has me worried. I have tried a few times to quit on my own and have obviously had no success. I have a wife and daughter at home and don't want any legal issues to come between them and I as I think the legal peeps would find it hard to believe that the amount I have is for consumption and not for distribution. I have never sold any of my supply and never would. I just want to get off of this stuff before it destroys my liver or worse, puts me behind bars and takes me away from my family.
The comment above was for Icepick.
You need to admit yourself into a Detox Center. You can't do this on your own. I'm sure your wife would raher have an honest addict that is trying to recover the "RIGHT WAY" than a dead husband trying to do his on his own while keeping his sectrets. Do you have any idea how typical your situation is? You were places on an addictive medication for a legitimate reason. Now you are self medicating and OVER medicating. You need to speak with your doc. The one that started you on the narcotics in the first place. You NEED help getting off of these. NOT taking other meds that you "heard of from other addicts"!! That is NOT a smart move.
You made a mistake and did the wrong thing. Now fix it the right way.
Good Luck to you and your family. You will be okay!
Kratom is good for opiate withdrawal. You can either buy it in resin chunk form which you swallow or leaves which you smoke. I reccomend the resin. Buy it from www.mothergeckobotanicals.com , they have free shipping. Damn i'd sure like to have some of that tramadol.
ibuprofen is fine man! i usualy take about 4 at a time, thats 1600mg :S a bit high but does the trick :D does sometimes make me fall asleep though...
Joel78 joined this community
Welcome them!
44 mins ago
Exercise Tracker
Exercise is part of a healthy lifestyle