Men's Health Community
Partially Paralyzed Hand

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

Partially Paralyzed Hand

I was up late working from home and had fallen asleep at my desk. I woke around 3 hours later and my arm was hurting badly where I was leaning to the left with all of my weight on my arm, that was pressed against the arm of the chair.

Naturally, my arm felt like it was "asleep" from the lack of circulation. I immediately went to bed.

When I woke up this morning I discovered that I could not move my hand!! I still have feeling, with the exception of some numbness in my thumb, and can still move my fingers, but my wrist is completely limp. I'm thinking this could be nerve damage of some sort. Just glad it wasn't my right hand!

Any thoughts?
Good lord. What are you doing sitting around posting this on the internet when you can't move your hand? Don't you think that seems worthy of a doctor or ER visit? Sheesh.
I spoke with a nurse at the ER and she told me I most certainly damaged a nerve in my arm. She said they often see cases like this and it basically takes a few weeks to (slowly) get better. She advised me to see a nuerologist(spelling?) just to be certain.
im curios, you said you spoke with a nurse. was that over the phone? they arent allowed to diagnose over the phone, nor would a nurse be the one to tell you what is wrong but the dr.
I work at the hospital and went to the ER and spoke with the nurse. I also live with a registered nurse, but she was at work at the time lol. A little bit of movement has returned. It seems to be getting better slowly, day by day.
Try increasing your B vitamin complex. (B6-B12) After having my 3 kid my left hand and several digits went numb and stayed numb. I was told I might need surgery for nerve damage. Then, 8 year later, I went to my Chiropractor to resolve my back pain. I told her about my numb left hand. The tingling and the lack of feeling. She told me to start taking B-Vitamins. (B6 & B12 the most important) About on month later....

I could feel my fingers, the tingling went away, the numbness stopped. There is only a very mild numbness in my pinky and ring finger. It bother me just a little once in a while. That's a reminder to remember to start taking the B-comples again  Try it!!