Penis - burning sensation mainly after ejaculation
Hoping someone can assist me on my issue here, at its becoming a bigger concern. I am a 27 year old male.

I had unprotected sex with a female around the beginning of June and shortly after I noticed a mild burning sensation when I  ejaculated. I knew this was likely to be some kind of STD as a result, (I had been diagnosed and treated for non-specific urethritus 2 years earlier) so proceeding to get an appointment with my GP.
He prescribed a 10 day course of Doxycycline 100mg capsules which I took as prescribed. I returned to the doctors as my symptoms persisted. I gave a urine sample (which was tested for such infections) and also the penis tip swab test which all came back
I had the same problem. It turns out for me I was type 2 Diabetic, and it had something to do with that. Since I've been on medication to bring my blood sugar down its gone away immediately.
I've experienced many of the same symptoms as all of you have. I have this stinging sensation when I ejaculate and also sometimes when I urinate.
When I urinate the stream is not very strong and I often stop-and-go with little dribbles while the stinging sensation continues. Someone on here said it may be caused by Interstitial Cystitis or Prostatodynia which I believe to be the cause. I often feel my perineum contract throughout the day. My theory is that prolonging ejaculation screws up the mechanism that separates urination from ejaculation which causes the stinging sensation and also the trouble with urinating. Most of us prolong ejaculation during intercourse in order to last longer for the girl, or prolong ejaculation during masturbation to try to find the best video to finish with... I will most likely be going to the doctors soon to ask about Interstitial Cystits and Prostodynia.
To add to my last comment... I have realized that when I ejaculate "on time" so to say... when it feels like the right time to finish (rather than prolonging) I do not have these symptoms...
another edit to my first post: (sorry I keep thinking of things)

not only prolonging ejaculating, but ejaculating too early.... (you start getting sick of masturbating or having sex for so long that you just wanna finish so you rush yourself, or your partner rushes you because you're taking forever.... so you try to bust really fast...)
Masturbating with soap will cause that. Want to know why? Because 90% of mainstream manufactured brand soaps contain some form of sodium. This salt, of course, which dries out your skin! When you masturbate with soap, the SALT has a chance of entering the urethra of your penis (the tube which carries urine and ejaculate/semen out of the body!) If your water is chlorinated, this might also be another irritant.
i had this problem for years as well at least weekly. then about 6 months ago i started to take a vitamin d tablet once per day. since taking the vitamin d i haven't had a problem. not sure why but the vitamin d seems to have fixed the problem.
I'm a young 16 year old . I had unprotected sex with this one female. It didn't Start right away it started a couple weeks after. I started having burning sensation when i pee or even when i ejaculate after masturbation lol. But it stings real bad. It wouldn't be a STD, I'm just curious. What should i do ?
I also have felt your pain.
I noticed that the Rougher the sex or Masturbation the worse it is. My cousin by blood is the same way. This leads me to be leave that there are those of us with sensitive Urethra and rough sex or anything that puts a lot of pressure on your ding **** will agitate it and cause a burning sensation. I only had only at the time been a Virgin masterbating like a fiend when I noticed it and my cuz did when he had a crazy stripper bang him. I got tested and they said I'm fine but I during to much caffeine and energy drinks and that strips the mucus lining out of your organs which could cause the symptoms I was complaining about.... **** Obama!  
A urologist will be able to tell you everything you need to know. These doctors see many penises and vaginas every day. Don't be shy or embarrassed when it comes to your' health. Tell your' doctor about pills you take and what you do during sex and masturbation for an accurate quick exam, which will save you money if you aren't fully covered. Get some form of Medicare before you go. Even if it's the free kind. No insurance company will want to take you on if you have problems off the jump. I have this same problem right now and I'm in the process of a few visits. It's not normal and it should be treated. Having a weak bladder when your' old will put you into diapers again. Infections and viruses can lead to cancer. Trust me, we are very dumb when it comes to this topic, see a doctor and get to know him/her. A urologist is what you will need. Get yourself an overall doctor too. One that know about everything in general. He can point you in the direction you need to go for any health issue. People him or her will recommend because they know them personally.
Tried it out, magic indeed
thanks for the tip I was really worried
I'm very relieved to see that this is such a common problem. I am a 19 year old male, and have had this problem for several years now. Unfortunately I don't have a "real" solution (other than to avoid urination before and after ejaculation), but I think I can rule out a few of the mentioned causes.

Some important things about my "condition":

I never had sex.
I pretty much avoid sugar and highly processed foods. I am healthy.
I keep myself hydrated most of the time (my urine is almost always clear).
I very rarely drink any alcohol (and when I do, it's in small amounts).
I do love jalapenos and hot peppers.
I very rarely have diarrhea or gastronomical issues.
When the burning starts, it starts near the back of my urethra, and as I push pee out, I feel the burning continue down the penis shaft.
The burning sensation pretty much only happens after ejaculation.
I've had the problem for several years, but it comes and goes in long phases (several months off, a week or so on).

Given these parameters, I think I can safely RULE OUT:

STD, sugary and unhealthy food, dehydration, alcohol, soreness caused by aggressive masturbation.

I also don't think it's Candida or prostate issues, because I have none of the other symptoms for either. Perhaps it does have something to do with the fact that I love hot spicy food. I don't know. I just hope that this information helps someone narrow down the cause.

Cheers!
Ok, so after trying a few things and reading around I find that 1 major connection with this mysterious sensation:

1. It happens after ejaculating.

I've tried icing, creams and even massaging the damn thing, but I've tried masturbating a few minutes after and it has worked well for me since it goes away in a few short minutes, lemme explain though:

When I ejaculated it was in about a few seconds into the erection not really fully turned on or hard as yet.

But then I tried again and this time I massaged it and tried to be as gentle as possible and not too hard making sure the head got fully hard and everything, once I ejaculated the dam sensation went away.

Lets call this sucker Early Ejaculation Sensation (EES)
If you have been having unprotected sex, I suggest you see a doctor.
Hope this helped.
I dealt with these same conditions and symptoms for several years. I went through the same dead end doctor visits just as most have. One day while researching I read some articles about prostate health. So I went to the store and found a vitamin called "Saw Palmetto" for prostate health. I started taking that every morning as well as a "cranberry fruit" vitamin for urinary tract health. I also started drinking a lot of water. Besides the vitamins and water consumption, I changed nothing else. I still drink a lot of coffee and a lot of beer/ alcohol. I also still eat anything and everything.. including hot and spicy foods. For almost a year now I have not had any issues. For the low cost of the vitamins and getting myself to consume water throughout the day the results are well worth it! I work in a fast pace/ outdoor environment so I carry a "camelback" full of water... Also well worth the investment.   .After the first few weeks of pissing every 10 minutes and feeling like you are drowning from water consumption, your body starts to retain the water.  
Hope this helps.
I am also feeling the same problem since last four years.
in my case i have never had any alcohol before making sex with my partner also, i have never been with any other partner.
what i realized in my case that the problem arises only when i think of any problem after making sex. the burning sensation aggravated if i tried to lay down as it is but i feels relax by applying ice or cold water over my p*****.
Right lads, we have experienced this burning sensation and for younger lads like me (15) there is normally a different solution. I only ever experience this after drinking fizzy drinks or consuming sugary food/drink. Ejaculating when not properly hydrated leads to this exhausting and undescribable burning pain right on your bellend. I agree, its one of the worst pains a man can experience. But like i say, every time you think about haing a wank, think about how much water you have drunk throughout the day and how much sugary food/drink you have consumed. If this is high, then simply dont wank, even if you are ridiculously horny and ready to bash one out. All i now do is down a litre or two of water before wanking, then wait 5 mins, then grab hold of your johnson and start tugging on it as hard as you can. This way, your body will be hydrated and the burning sensation wont be bugging you any more.

Hope this helped boys! Coming from a 15 year old kid!
i had this problem since i have started masturbating, i think its the improper ejaculation,mean like our sperm or anything dint completely shoot out after we masturbate some of them stuck,so when u pee, bits of it go out,u will feel better,or masturbate again n ensure u shoot our all ur load,it helps me,happen to me alot when i lie on bed n masturbate not when i sit, drink a lot water n keep going to toilet,  when u **** u can see jelly sort thing (i guess is the sperm comes out),its really helps
Hello Gentlemen (and any lost ladies) I am a 61 year old adult male and I have suffered from this affliction since the 13th time I orgasmated and frothed forth from my tiny limb. Over the course of the next 48 years I experiences BBB (brutal bell-end burning- it has been known as that widely for a while I am surprised not to see you using the term) almost everytime I spunked my balls dry. When I was 27 I hit upon the most fantastic cure which I must share with you. Almost immediately after copulaton, even if my shaft was still at salute, I would hop on the nearsest bicycle with my whopper hanging out and enjoying the fresh English air. For those of you who still have foreskins, like 69% of the male population, consider peeling it back at this moment to reveal your raw and battered crown as this will improve your condition further. The faster you cycle the quicker the BBB dissipates, you are literally peddling your way to relief. Nota bene by using this method you can strike a potentially alarming visual to passersby and they may think you a little odd but let me ask: what is worse, that or. the insufferable BBB? Personally I have found it can be a fairly good ice breaker and most people are actually quite fascinated by the condition and consequently by the cure. Happy peddling boys. Let me know hw it goes!
Guys....its all due to overuse ...the walls of your penis are simply worn and.tryning.to heal...let that thang go for a hot minute or simply cool your love engines...ya lil man needs a break.
the good thing about pain is that most of them have a starting point. and if you can figure that point you can most likely know what is the cause of it. for the case of ejaculation consider the whole system from the testis to the tip of the penis. pain is one of the cardinal feature of infection but can also signify an injury or a compressed part of the system.

most of us feel the pain along the bulbous (shaft) urethra. there are alot of things you can speculate. STD's could be one of them but not always. you may have a stricture which is narrowing of the urethra (urinary/sperm pass way). rule that out but checking your urination habits. you may have an inflammation which can be a result of sexual intercourse or not. rule them out by clinical investigations. for compression this is most likely to be prostate enlargement. its not common to youth but its obvious to elders (>50). rule this out by assessing urination frequency, urgency and incontinence. lastly can be psychological. this one is tricky and treatment is not as that easily as you think since the medications for psychotic issues affect a long path starting from the brain. so i usually blend in with the situation once it come along. the best thing to win this part is to let your partner know about it so that you don't feel alone when it does.

says me (***@****)
Alright, I had a particularly bad case of the urethral burning during urination after orgasm today (after consuming alcohol) which prompted me to read up on it (including this and other sources). This seems to be the most comprehensive compilation of first-hand symptoms on the internet so I figured I would post my take on it. I am a PhD student in chemistry so I looked up the biochemistry for a few things.

First, the symptoms. To be perfectly clear, what this thread is addressing is a mild to intense urethral burning while urinating a short time after ejaculation. It often begins by a very strong feeling of needing to urinate shortly after ejaculation. Upon urination the burning sensation becomes very intense for parts, or the full length, of the urethra. This burning is also accompanied by an even stronger urge to urinate, and each urination shortly thereafter will restart the burning sensation (though it may only be a few drops). These small urinations can also feel as if they are painfully pushing something out of the urethra. It can be a rare to very common event.

Second, the data and correlations. Many of you note that this occurs after consuming alcohol and can also occur while dehydrated from caffeine (myself included), that this has occurred long before you were sexually active and is not linked to any positive STD tests (myself included), and that it happens more frequently after a very vigorous session, prolonged edging or ruined orgasm (myself included). Squeezing the last few drops of semen out of the urethra seems to reduce the problem for many, and the general consensus cure is simply to urinate slowly over the course of 10-30 minutes until the burning subsides. There are mixed results as to urinating quickly after orgasm or waiting (up to) 30 minutes after orgasm before urinating.

Now the analysis. Clearly the link with alcohol is too strong to ignore, but there also seems to be a link with dehydration without alcohol. Both of these include an increase in excretion of ketone bodies through urine (acetaldehyde, acetate, acetone, acetoacetate, beta-hydroxbutyrate) from alcohol metabolism or from dehydration. These are all irritants of soft tissue and could possibly undergo a reaction with some of the compounds in semen to produce something even more irritating. They could also act to coagulate the semen to produce that painful feel of something solid/viscous in the urethra. Here's the kicker that makes be think it's ketones: diabetics and others with ketosis experience burning urination (although most of the literature seems to blame the increased chance of UTI, many of the patients argue it is inconsistent and related to bouts of ketosis).

Take this with a grain of salt, it could be an infinite number of things because biology is infinitely complex (that's why I'm a chemist). And as for a cure... well I can't improve on what I've reiterated from others. Also, from one (soon to be) doctor to other (medical) doctors: telling everyone to go see their physician is really disingenuous considering your lack of input and the price of healthcare in the US (even preventative care...). Please refrain from telling everyone to go to the hospital for every minor little issue as a cop-out and to make money for your industry. That said, if you are experiencing a problem other than what was stated above, do some research and see a doctor if you must.
i have currently gotten this problem too. i masterbated too many times last week and now the inside tip of my urethra is red and hurts when my pants rub on it. its been a week and it still stings although maybe slightly less.

Are there any cures? I know you say you dont have any extra ideas that werent listed but is staying away from sex and masterbation really the only thing that would help.

MOST IMPORTANTLY: how long should i expect this to last? another week? a month? a year? longer?
Burning sensation in penis/urethra is mostly due to passing semen without proper lubrication, acidity, more often fantasizing and thinking about sex/erections but not actual sex.
Prevention - avoid above.
cure - Its normal! just drink lots of water and hold for 25-40 min. it will go away. In addition, take medicine of acidity if feeling acidity, take doctor's advice if occurring/recurring more often.  
Hey brah,
with the burning etc in bladder as well sounds like a UTI mines all in the shaft of the penis & hurts like hell burning pain during orgasm & ejaculation.

good luck
Hey, had this problem as long as I can remember and just now decided to do something about it. I can definitively say that dehydration and spicy food is the problem. About 20 mins ago, I experienced this pain. I just recently (about 3 hours ago) had Mexican food and a large amount of soda. Also, earlier today, my girl complained that my lips and mouth were dry. I just consumed three large glasses of water, and the pain is slowly easing away. My opinion is that what is inside of your urethra is a kind of globby pre-*** (I'm sorry, I don't know another word for it). Whenever I tried to urinate, a thick clear substance would come out. Also, a side note, I ejaculated and didn't have an orgasm (but had a really intense shuddering) and it has been the worst [burning] pain of all. I don't know if the two are related or not.
Gentlemen,

I believe I have a solution which could help a great deal of you. I have dealt with this issue for many years of my life, and have tried different things trying to prevent it.

If you are having the issue where you have pain/discomfort/urge to pee after ejaculation, trust me when I say I know you probably want to punch yourself in the head repeatedly to try and make the pain go elsewhere. As a guy, this can be unbearable especially if it happens when you have a one-night stand or something. Holy ****.

Anyways, here's my take. What appears to be happening is that upon ejaculation, not all of the semen is making it out of your urethra. What causes this - I don't know. It could be many, many different things. But this causes inflammation and discomfort in your wang, and directly causes all of the symptoms.

Adopt this new habit after ejaculating: massage your urethra from the base of your manhood to the tip of your johnson. Visualize that you are trying to empty a toothpaste container of all its contents. You need to work the urethra so that you effectively squeeze all of the semen out that didn't make it. Don't be aggressive, it's not necessary. You will quickly see that this exercise results in plenty of ejaculate coming out. I usually spend 30-60 seconds doing this every time after I ejaculate.

This could change your life. It did for me. Since I started getting this routine down-pat, I have not once had a flare-up of the original issue. Sometimes, you will squeeze out a lot of ejaculate that just didn't make it. I seriously shot out a second mini-load 20 seconds after the first, just by massaging it out. It was alarming, but it confirmed that my hypothesis had to be right.

Anyways, if your issue is the same as mine and what seems like so many dudes have, try this out. Don't give up if it doesn't work the first time. You have get the technique down right so that you are always cleaning your urethra out after ejaculating. I almost wish I could put up a video because I know how devastating this issue is... but sorry bros, you're gonna have to figure it out for yourself.
The cause is DEHYDRATION! Make sure you have drunken sufficient water before ejaculation and avoid alcohol/coffee. If it still happens, just drink a lot of water asap
People suffering from penile burning, urethral burning, urge to pee, frequent urination, painful ejaculation, pain after or during sexual intercourse ;
If your problem is not because of prostate or bladder infection then the only other natural explanation is that you have a hypertonic pelvic floor or a very tight pelvic floor. I had all these symptoms, including erectile dysfunction and low libido. Try reverse kegels and other relaxation  techniques. It is best to see a physio or a pelvic floor therapist to discuss how you can relax your pf and also prevent your body from tightening up your floor or inducing pressure during masturbation, sexual intercourse or while defacating. People who need more information can email me; ***@****
Hello gents thanks for the great info. I've suffered from this for a few years now, gets much worse when I drink energy drinks and fap too much (4ish times a day). I find drinking milk helps alot, probably due to pH.
Guy I get this and I've been tested for STIs like 7-8 times since it started when I was 18 or 19. Its not an STI. Good on you for being a fearmonger though.
Guy I get this and I've been tested for STIs like 7-8 times since it started when I was 18 or 19. Its not an STI. Good on you for being a fearmonger though
My friend had the same problem he wanted me to ask if  it would happen because he does crystal meth daily
It must have some kind of waste that comes out in the urine, he'll I read somwhere that users can recycle there own urine causing them to have more of the drug again.
Holy ****!! 3 years later and I'm doing exactly as you say. Sitting on the throne and waiting for it to pass. I've been married for 4 years now and when I get tipsy and bang my awesome wife, I get that burning feeling. Glad to know I'm not alone. Peace and goodnight.
I got the same feeling some times. Common thing that causes is peeing before ejaculation. You need to wait, you can pee afterwards, but not before. It's like some urine falls into canals that are meant for semmen only or smth. Imagine, you open up that canal when there is urine in your mainstream canal so it goes where it shouldnt be and it makes unpleasurable. Someone here said that ejaculating helps it would explain as he was cleaning those ducts while ejaculating. But if you pee afterwards, the canal is shut and nothing happens.      

Some people think that is common causes are beer, coffee and spicy foods and dehydratation, but those makes you dehydrate through peeing which happens more often and you don't track when you should ejaculate..
my story - (and it's interesting reading all the comments on here, it really does help reading about things) - I'm a 50 yo heterosexual male, that has now developed the main same symptom talked about - ie: burning sensation after cumming - I have always been fit & healthy (and extremely sexually active)- and have been in a monogamous sexual relationship for the last 27 years -  before that ( meeting the woman who is now my wife) my sexual history was that of a "****"- I had contracted and been treated for, many a venereal disease :) so I know alittle about all the STD's I've caught :) - the most common ones :)  -  Anyways,  2 months ago this main symptom turned up (the burning/ejaculation thingey etc. + an incessant need to pee (ridiculously small amounts)  during the day), a couple of  months or so before this all started to happen for me, my wife had gone through a time of inter-period bleeding - (which is still on-going)  (and sometimes bled during & after intercourse intercourse)  so I thought I better go and get it all checked out.....  Doc said classic symptoms of an STD/STI  (Chlamydia or GC  :) )...or maybe a UTI....or maybe even Prostitus (sp?) problems..(problems with prostrate gland etc..)).....all tests, fortunately (I guess ! - though I would really have liked a definitive cause found so that it can be treated ,though I do realise it's a process of elimination)  came back negative, and likewise for wifey. It now seems wifey is going through menopause... and that all kinds of things can happen around, and be caused , by it !?!  
I'm having a very similar issue,

I'm 31, It all started when I had sex with my girlefriend when whe was in period (almost one year ago). My tests cultures are always negative.

I'm having this issue for almost one year for now: I got some antibiotics from my doctor which helped, but I always get a small burnning sensation which come and go. (antibiotics helped a lot! but it did not disapeared completely)...

Now I'm changing the eurologist.
P.S

I almost had it gone and it burst again some monthes ago, I think the cause was drinking too much beer / vodka redbull.

I can tell that Ciprofloxacin antibiotics did not helped me, and Doxycycline is the one that helped.
Anybody figure out what's causing the burning sensation inside the penis????
whatever you call it: If this Burning feeling occurs after you have just been with your lady and that she has got pregnant straight after: could it be possible that the baby could suffer because the sperm being contaminated could trigger of a Malformation: I'm not one of these Guys who likes to shake his Percy all that often and leave it alone for many weeks but when I do I find that my Sperm shoots out and when standing upright My sperm shoots out where it shoots about six feet away from my Body: I'm not a young man no more but my wife is only 27 and she would like to have a Baby I'd hate for us to have a Malformed Baby: And as for alcohol I drink Two to three pints every four to five months: If alcohol is the main factor for my sperm to be burning that at least I can stop the Alcohol straight away
THE CURE FOR THE BURNING PENIS

Okay folks, if your penis is burning and it is not sex related it is probably caused from internal yeast. I had this problem for years and I had no idea how to get rid of the yeast. Recently I found out I had pin worms in my intestines, so I came across Diatomaceous Earth as a method for getting rid of those. In addition to a million other benefits of Diatomaceous earth, DE expels yeast from your body.

The burning sensation that had plagued me for years had gone away within four days. Take a teaspoon or more of DE a day and your penis, but your general health will increase exponentially. Make sure the DE you consume is FOOD GRADE and not feed or other grades. This is very important because the DE used in pools contains a form of silica that is very cancerous. Food Grade DE contains a negligent amount of the cancerous silica and contains a form of silica that is extremely good for you. Do your research, but food grade diatomaceous earth will cure the burning penis.

You are welcome.
Here is a link to a food grade diatomaceous earth product.

http://www.amazon.com/Diatomaceous-Earth-Food-Grade-10/dp/B00025H2PY

The difference between food and feed grade is FDA allowed arsenic levels. Food grade DE comes from 4 out of the 600+ DE mines in the United States. I had four beers tonight, jerked off as an experiment, and for the first time in years, no burning (yeast loves beer/sugar/carbs as a food source and that is what causes the burning). I wish I could reach out to all you guys who suffer from this. My penis feels great!
A related discussion, it burns was started.
my whole life i thought im the only one having this burning sensation i was scared but thanks to you and all the members letting me know that im not the only one LoL..! i have a solution for it. works for me all the time just drink 2 or 3 glass of water or milk it will work 100%
Hey guys, I had that same problem and thought it was STD. After getting very frustrated by the doctors not being able to diagnose the problem, I finally diagnosed it myself. It was a yeast infection that my partner had and was not treated properly. She finally took a yeast treatment that had a capsule to take orally and also applied the cream to the vaginal area. Then I took a urinary track infection treatment table for a few day. Problem never came back even after 5 years. Trust me, It is a yeast infection but you both have to take treatment if you are still sexually active together or else it continues to be passed back and forth among you guys.
no, i had the same problem and my kid was perfect
Kidney stones you will find all the symptoms to you problem
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.