Penis - burning sensation mainly after ejaculation
Hoping someone can assist me on my issue here, at its becoming a bigger concern. I am a 27 year old male.

I had unprotected sex with a female around the beginning of June and shortly after I noticed a mild burning sensation when I  ejaculated. I knew this was likely to be some kind of STD as a result, (I had been diagnosed and treated for non-specific urethritus 2 years earlier) so proceeding to get an appointment with my GP.
He prescribed a 10 day course of Doxycycline 100mg capsules which I took as prescribed. I returned to the doctors as my symptoms persisted. I gave a urine sample (which was tested for such infections) and also the penis tip swab test which all came back
I doubt your problem is an std at this point.  Maybe your next step would be to see a urologist.  Good luck!
This comes up all the time on the STD board. The meds you've been given would knock out any STD, plus you've tested negative anyway so you KNOW you don't have a STD. Dr. Handsfield has often noted that sometimes these discomforts are just normal bodily sensations, something you just have to live with.
I too have been experiencing the same sensation as you describe. For me I was dating a woman and later married her. We were together for 7 years until we separtaed in May of 2005. The whole time I was with her I never noticed this sensation in my penis. After we separated I bumped into an old girlfriend in July of 2005 and we had unprotected sex. Ever since having sex with her my penis has had that sensation. I went to the doctor in August 2005 complaining of the sensation in my penis and was given the swab test as well. The results came back normal. To this day today I still have the same sensation and worry about it as well. It is not painful but as you said it is something you feel and know is there. If you have any other info since your last post please feel free to share.
I have the exact same problem. Exact same symptoms where it burns or is kinda like  a mild stinging sensation which is at its strongest right after ejaculation. Didnt use to be like this. I have taken Doxycline 100mg capsules for 10 days and I am currently taking Ciprofloxacin 500mg for 10 days and still no improvement. This is very fustrating... doesnt seem like there are many links out there to this specific type of problem. This is the first link that actually explains what I am going through. PLEASE let me know if you find anymore information on this. Or if anybody can help!?!?!
Oh and btw I have never had sexual intercourse and about a year ago it was never like this sensation I feel.
One more person in the this small group of frustrated people...
but what makes me different from these guys is,i've never had a intercourse with anyone.
And yet i have the problem.. and especially during urinating the pain is at its peak (just after ejacultaion) and even i've to wait in the washroom for another half an hour for that single droplet of urine to pass....  and im really desperate to eradicate this unpleasing feeling for ever.

Please do reply...
with a significany answer or else don't.

My friends told me I was freakin out Becase I told thim that my penis feels as thow it is not empty and at times feels as though burning on the tip.. They said that I was on fire and being over exaggeriating Have any of you found anything let me Know?
Recently had intercourse with a close friend and Medical professional.  After I returned home I noticed a slight burning sensation which has escalated into a more intense stinging. We also had
oral sex for a long time and that really concerns me. I am currently on Azithromycin 250 mg.
I take the 3rd pill tomorrow and hope things take a turn for the better.
An other one to add to the group. I have spoke to many doctors about this and none of them have a clue what it is. I have been tested for STDs  which came back clear and I was given antibiotics anyway which done nothing. With me the burning is quite painful. It only occurs after ejaculation and is more likely to occur if I ejaculate several times within a short period of time. If I do not ejaculate for a few days it calms down a bit. To get rid of the burning I have to drink lots of water and wait until I really need to go to the toilet. Then I pee with as much force as possible which, bizarrely,  seems to 'clear the tubes out' and stop the burning. Its almost as if my sperm is extremely acidic and when a little is left in the tube it burns it. One doctor suggested that I may be allergic to my own sperm but i'm not sure  how that works.
Prostatitis.  That's what it sounds like you all have.  I have it too, and I regularly experience this pain upon ejaculation.  Also the urinary burning, frequency, urgency, the whole shebang.  

The bad news is that antibiotics really don't fix it, because something like 90-95% of prostatitis cases are non-bacterial (no one knows why they occur).  The best theory out there is that somehow urine travels back into the spermatic cords and back into the prostate, causing the burning.  But results are inconclusive at best.  You might notice some improvement from the antibiotics, but more than likely it will be temporary at best.

The good news is that it won't kill you, and you can treat the symptoms.  I have been taking 50 mg of zinc a day, which really seems to have helped the symptoms.  I also try to drink as much water as possible, which does that "tube clearing" thing.  In addition, I take cranberry pills, although I'm not 100% sure if they really help.

Morgannon

P.S.  One last thing - check your scrotum during a hot shower.  See if you find anything around the testicles that feels like cords or thick threads.  These are called varicoceles.  They're not going to kill you either, but they can mess with your circulation.  There seems to be some evidence that varicocele can cause prostatitis or vice versa.  So I wouldn't be surprised if you have those too.

P.P.S.  Just to be on the safe side, make sure you get tested for all STDs.  Then, once you've ruled everything out, you can be fairly confident that you have prostatitis.
This seems to be a symptom that current knowledge cannot accurately diagnose, other than saying the cause is 'anxiety'. I have seen on another forum that one person had a scan and had some inflammation of the appendix and has been successfully treated (see pasting below). Another cause was inflammation of the prostate.

i went to the hospital for the same reasons & had a cat scan done & they said it was swollen limp nodes pertaining to my appendix, & with the swollen limp nodes it causes pain in the abdomen, testicles, penis, & constant burning feeling in groin/penis area.Most people would think it was a urinary track infection (which i thought & they gave me ciprofloxacin) but it wasn't a UTI, or kidney stones.They prescribed me (DARVOCET-N 100) or (propo-n/apap100-650) & after a few days i'm feeling much better & they want me to go back in 2 months to check on the appendix & limp nodes
Hi there.. I'm a female, googling my partner's symptoms. We have been living together for 2 years, and up until only a month ago he has described these exact symptoms. Neither of us are the unfaithful type so i doubt it's an STD, and when we first started sleeping together I ended up with what's called "honeymoon cystitis" (basically from having too much sex...) I was tested for everything possible at the time too as these symptoms can always be misleading...
Not long after I finished the antibiotics I was prescribed for the Cystitis, I ended up with Vaginal Thrush... It was the most horrible thing I have ever experienced.. But very easy to treat once I knew what it was.
During having this "thrush" (which I was told was not as bad as some..) my partner and I were having sex as normal.. and he did complain of some stinging then, which we later realised was this thrush thing...
So, now it's about a year since then and he has got this burning out of 'nowhere' which sounds a lot like you guys here... it's so bad that he runs to the bathroom after sex to put a cool washer on his penis, and pee.. but i can hear him groaning from the bathroom.. and it makes me a bit sad! Also I too get a slight stinging these days...

I can only pose the question: Is it possible that I gave thrush to my partner, all that time ago, and now we both have it in a mild version?

Or does he have prostatis...

Whatever it is, thankgod it's not an STD.. but I wish there was a way to stop it hurting him.. sex is too good to not be painful!!!!!!!
Same here guys, please try and masturbate only when you are really exited.. get a complete erection first and then go for it. while masturbating if you feel that the burning sensation will occur after ejaculation... hard to say but... stop it then and there....after.. Some people might still go on and fall a pray to the irritations again....Dont worry ,, same is my case....please apply some ice on your genitals...if there is this feeling after ejaculation... it helped me..it might help others...I repeat...1. Masturbate only when exited( after the penis is erect without you touching it) 2. Apply ice to reduce this sensation if it happens.... but i am yet to find out what causes this burning feeling....too many of us have the same problem... nothing to worry even i am a virgin...lets not assume its an STD..... it might be just over-masturbation...or something else but not STD.. post more lets remove it from the root..................
i'm facing the same problem right now. Its a tingling sensation at the tip.
Unable to sit , stand or do anything.
it immediately started after I masturbated. I constantly feel like taking a leak and if i dont do it its almost like i'll wet my pants.
Any suggestions on why this is happening?
I clean myself with tissue when I'm done. Is it anything wrong that i'm doing ?
I'm a virgin so it cant be a STD but yes i do masturbate. Is there any medicine that we can take thats available over the counter ?
Please, suggest something ?

--Bond
Can't believe there's so few of us who either experience this. I've been having this condition off and on for several years, exactly as Bond and Jokerman described it. I had a candid talk with an on-duty doctor at a local clinic and while he tested for STDs (negative), he mentioned that not all semen may have been emitted from the urethra, and it may dry and become sticky inside the urethra. This may be the cause of the painful and urgent urination during about 30-60 minutes after sex on occasion.
This could come from incomplete arousal, when tired, or after drinking, or could be related to allergies, which I have many of. It may also be related to the low quantity of semen produced on those occasions. I understand the prostate produces a lubricating fluid that combines with the sperm from the testicles. If this is insufficiently produced, the rest of sex could go normally, but the penis may feel painful afterwards for a little while. Cold water, hot showers, less alcohol, and more passionate sex are all possible solutions. :) Sex is so much more than just the bare physical act, and the sex tips from akashc may actually get at an actual remedy. Good luck to all, and I'm still surprised this isn't more widely referenced. I've been looking for years.
Hey, I've got the same fuckin symptom!

I doubt it is an STD.

I just read this whole thread. My conclusion is that we shall list our things that we do in order to trace what the cause is.

I just jerked off, and I did take a leak just before I did it, it was my second today, the first one, I did not have any problems. I agree with someone that said that it is related to how turned on you are, and if you haven't masturbated in a while.

Anyways, here is my list :

I drink alot of water every day!
3 cups of coffee.
2 x 1000mg omega 3 (75%)
1 x 1000mg Vitamin C
1 x 500mg Multivitamin pill

okay im 15 and my boyfriend is 16 he thinks he cought something from me but hes the only person i ever slept with ,  and he said the left side of his penis burned, and he gets sharp pain there i am worried that he might have something from me. i give him head every time before we have sex. can someone please tell me what this is.?
You guys this is really weird. My boyfriend has the EXACT same symptoms you all are describing. He has had his problem for years and the last time we had sex it was so painful it caused him to psychologically turn his sex drive completely off. ALMOST ONE YEAR LATER and a false HPV scare from Doctor's we are almost back to the point where we can have sex again. He says that is isn't as painful to ejaculate when we have sex slowly instead of hard and fast. I never thought about the zinc thing though. I will mention that to him. THANK YOU EVERYONE who came to this thread and shared the common ground. There should be more awareness about this stuff for you guys. How Scary it is to have symptoms like that and have no clue and find no answers from doctor's. Thank you again everybody.
Oh wow. I have had the same exact symptoms. I have looked all over the internet for answers. I am 15 years old. I've never had sexual intercourse, a hand job, ********, or any kind of sexual contact with anybody. To me, it seems like every time I pee after masturbation this occurs. It feels like the pee, or sperm get stuck in there. I feel like I have to pee so bad, then I try going and it's just a few drops. Sometimes it hurts so bad that I can almost fall on the floor if standing.

It occurs more often if I masturbate more than once a day for a few days in a row. If anyone finds anything new to this, PLEASE POST. THANKS!
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Who are the top-rated doctors in your area?