Men's Health Community
Penis - burning sensation mainly after ejaculation

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

Hoping someone can assist me on my issue here, at its becoming a bigger concern. I am a 27 year old male.

I had unprotected sex with a female around the beginning of June and shortly after I noticed a mild burning sensation when I  ejaculated. I knew this was likely to be some kind of STD as a result, (I had been diagnosed and treated for non-specific urethritus 2 years earlier) so proceeding to get an appointment with my GP.
He prescribed a 10 day course of Doxycycline 100mg capsules which I took as prescribed. I returned to the doctors as my symptoms persisted. I gave a urine sample (which was tested for such infections) and also the penis tip swab test which all came back
Viewing 1-200 comments:
I doubt your problem is an std at this point.  Maybe your next step would be to see a urologist.  Good luck!
This comes up all the time on the STD board. The meds you've been given would knock out any STD, plus you've tested negative anyway so you KNOW you don't have a STD. Dr. Handsfield has often noted that sometimes these discomforts are just normal bodily sensations, something you just have to live with.
I too have been experiencing the same sensation as you describe. For me I was dating a woman and later married her. We were together for 7 years until we separtaed in May of 2005. The whole time I was with her I never noticed this sensation in my penis. After we separated I bumped into an old girlfriend in July of 2005 and we had unprotected sex. Ever since having sex with her my penis has had that sensation. I went to the doctor in August 2005 complaining of the sensation in my penis and was given the swab test as well. The results came back normal. To this day today I still have the same sensation and worry about it as well. It is not painful but as you said it is something you feel and know is there. If you have any other info since your last post please feel free to share.
I have the exact same problem. Exact same symptoms where it burns or is kinda like  a mild stinging sensation which is at its strongest right after ejaculation. Didnt use to be like this. I have taken Doxycline 100mg capsules for 10 days and I am currently taking Ciprofloxacin 500mg for 10 days and still no improvement. This is very fustrating... doesnt seem like there are many links out there to this specific type of problem. This is the first link that actually explains what I am going through. PLEASE let me know if you find anymore information on this. Or if anybody can help!?!?!
Oh and btw I have never had sexual intercourse and about a year ago it was never like this sensation I feel.
One more person in the this small group of frustrated people...
but what makes me different from these guys is,i've never had a intercourse with anyone.
And yet i have the problem.. and especially during urinating the pain is at its peak (just after ejacultaion) and even i've to wait in the washroom for another half an hour for that single droplet of urine to pass....  and im really desperate to eradicate this unpleasing feeling for ever.

Please do reply...
with a significany answer or else don't.

My friends told me I was freakin out Becase I told thim that my penis feels as thow it is not empty and at times feels as though burning on the tip.. They said that I was on fire and being over exaggeriating Have any of you found anything let me Know?
Recently had intercourse with a close friend and Medical professional.  After I returned home I noticed a slight burning sensation which has escalated into a more intense stinging. We also had
oral sex for a long time and that really concerns me. I am currently on Azithromycin 250 mg.
I take the 3rd pill tomorrow and hope things take a turn for the better.
An other one to add to the group. I have spoke to many doctors about this and none of them have a clue what it is. I have been tested for STDs  which came back clear and I was given antibiotics anyway which done nothing. With me the burning is quite painful. It only occurs after ejaculation and is more likely to occur if I ejaculate several times within a short period of time. If I do not ejaculate for a few days it calms down a bit. To get rid of the burning I have to drink lots of water and wait until I really need to go to the toilet. Then I pee with as much force as possible which, bizarrely,  seems to 'clear the tubes out' and stop the burning. Its almost as if my sperm is extremely acidic and when a little is left in the tube it burns it. One doctor suggested that I may be allergic to my own sperm but i'm not sure  how that works.
Prostatitis.  That's what it sounds like you all have.  I have it too, and I regularly experience this pain upon ejaculation.  Also the urinary burning, frequency, urgency, the whole shebang.  

The bad news is that antibiotics really don't fix it, because something like 90-95% of prostatitis cases are non-bacterial (no one knows why they occur).  The best theory out there is that somehow urine travels back into the spermatic cords and back into the prostate, causing the burning.  But results are inconclusive at best.  You might notice some improvement from the antibiotics, but more than likely it will be temporary at best.

The good news is that it won't kill you, and you can treat the symptoms.  I have been taking 50 mg of zinc a day, which really seems to have helped the symptoms.  I also try to drink as much water as possible, which does that "tube clearing" thing.  In addition, I take cranberry pills, although I'm not 100% sure if they really help.

Morgannon

P.S.  One last thing - check your scrotum during a hot shower.  See if you find anything around the testicles that feels like cords or thick threads.  These are called varicoceles.  They're not going to kill you either, but they can mess with your circulation.  There seems to be some evidence that varicocele can cause prostatitis or vice versa.  So I wouldn't be surprised if you have those too.

P.P.S.  Just to be on the safe side, make sure you get tested for all STDs.  Then, once you've ruled everything out, you can be fairly confident that you have prostatitis.
This seems to be a symptom that current knowledge cannot accurately diagnose, other than saying the cause is 'anxiety'. I have seen on another forum that one person had a scan and had some inflammation of the appendix and has been successfully treated (see pasting below). Another cause was inflammation of the prostate.

i went to the hospital for the same reasons & had a cat scan done & they said it was swollen limp nodes pertaining to my appendix, & with the swollen limp nodes it causes pain in the abdomen, testicles, penis, & constant burning feeling in groin/penis area.Most people would think it was a urinary track infection (which i thought & they gave me ciprofloxacin) but it wasn't a UTI, or kidney stones.They prescribed me (DARVOCET-N 100) or (propo-n/apap100-650) & after a few days i'm feeling much better & they want me to go back in 2 months to check on the appendix & limp nodes
Hi there.. I'm a female, googling my partner's symptoms. We have been living together for 2 years, and up until only a month ago he has described these exact symptoms. Neither of us are the unfaithful type so i doubt it's an STD, and when we first started sleeping together I ended up with what's called "honeymoon cystitis" (basically from having too much sex...) I was tested for everything possible at the time too as these symptoms can always be misleading...
Not long after I finished the antibiotics I was prescribed for the Cystitis, I ended up with Vaginal Thrush... It was the most horrible thing I have ever experienced.. But very easy to treat once I knew what it was.
During having this "thrush" (which I was told was not as bad as some..) my partner and I were having sex as normal.. and he did complain of some stinging then, which we later realised was this thrush thing...
So, now it's about a year since then and he has got this burning out of 'nowhere' which sounds a lot like you guys here... it's so bad that he runs to the bathroom after sex to put a cool washer on his penis, and pee.. but i can hear him groaning from the bathroom.. and it makes me a bit sad! Also I too get a slight stinging these days...

I can only pose the question: Is it possible that I gave thrush to my partner, all that time ago, and now we both have it in a mild version?

Or does he have prostatis...

Whatever it is, thankgod it's not an STD.. but I wish there was a way to stop it hurting him.. sex is too good to not be painful!!!!!!!
Same here guys, please try and masturbate only when you are really exited.. get a complete erection first and then go for it. while masturbating if you feel that the burning sensation will occur after ejaculation... hard to say but... stop it then and there....after.. Some people might still go on and fall a pray to the irritations again....Dont worry ,, same is my case....please apply some ice on your genitals...if there is this feeling after ejaculation... it helped me..it might help others...I repeat...1. Masturbate only when exited( after the penis is erect without you touching it) 2. Apply ice to reduce this sensation if it happens.... but i am yet to find out what causes this burning feeling....too many of us have the same problem... nothing to worry even i am a virgin...lets not assume its an STD..... it might be just over-masturbation...or something else but not STD.. post more lets remove it from the root..................
i'm facing the same problem right now. Its a tingling sensation at the tip.
Unable to sit , stand or do anything.
it immediately started after I masturbated. I constantly feel like taking a leak and if i dont do it its almost like i'll wet my pants.
Any suggestions on why this is happening?
I clean myself with tissue when I'm done. Is it anything wrong that i'm doing ?
I'm a virgin so it cant be a STD but yes i do masturbate. Is there any medicine that we can take thats available over the counter ?
Please, suggest something ?

--Bond
Can't believe there's so few of us who either experience this. I've been having this condition off and on for several years, exactly as Bond and Jokerman described it. I had a candid talk with an on-duty doctor at a local clinic and while he tested for STDs (negative), he mentioned that not all semen may have been emitted from the urethra, and it may dry and become sticky inside the urethra. This may be the cause of the painful and urgent urination during about 30-60 minutes after sex on occasion.
This could come from incomplete arousal, when tired, or after drinking, or could be related to allergies, which I have many of. It may also be related to the low quantity of semen produced on those occasions. I understand the prostate produces a lubricating fluid that combines with the sperm from the testicles. If this is insufficiently produced, the rest of sex could go normally, but the penis may feel painful afterwards for a little while. Cold water, hot showers, less alcohol, and more passionate sex are all possible solutions. :) Sex is so much more than just the bare physical act, and the sex tips from akashc may actually get at an actual remedy. Good luck to all, and I'm still surprised this isn't more widely referenced. I've been looking for years.
Hey, I've got the same fuckin symptom!

I doubt it is an STD.

I just read this whole thread. My conclusion is that we shall list our things that we do in order to trace what the cause is.

I just jerked off, and I did take a leak just before I did it, it was my second today, the first one, I did not have any problems. I agree with someone that said that it is related to how turned on you are, and if you haven't masturbated in a while.

Anyways, here is my list :

I drink alot of water every day!
3 cups of coffee.
2 x 1000mg omega 3 (75%)
1 x 1000mg Vitamin C
1 x 500mg Multivitamin pill

okay im 15 and my boyfriend is 16 he thinks he cought something from me but hes the only person i ever slept with ,  and he said the left side of his penis burned, and he gets sharp pain there i am worried that he might have something from me. i give him head every time before we have sex. can someone please tell me what this is.?
You guys this is really weird. My boyfriend has the EXACT same symptoms you all are describing. He has had his problem for years and the last time we had sex it was so painful it caused him to psychologically turn his sex drive completely off. ALMOST ONE YEAR LATER and a false HPV scare from Doctor's we are almost back to the point where we can have sex again. He says that is isn't as painful to ejaculate when we have sex slowly instead of hard and fast. I never thought about the zinc thing though. I will mention that to him. THANK YOU EVERYONE who came to this thread and shared the common ground. There should be more awareness about this stuff for you guys. How Scary it is to have symptoms like that and have no clue and find no answers from doctor's. Thank you again everybody.
Oh wow. I have had the same exact symptoms. I have looked all over the internet for answers. I am 15 years old. I've never had sexual intercourse, a hand job, ********, or any kind of sexual contact with anybody. To me, it seems like every time I pee after masturbation this occurs. It feels like the pee, or sperm get stuck in there. I feel like I have to pee so bad, then I try going and it's just a few drops. Sometimes it hurts so bad that I can almost fall on the floor if standing.

It occurs more often if I masturbate more than once a day for a few days in a row. If anyone finds anything new to this, PLEASE POST. THANKS!
Same here, I started noticing it a lot after a prostatis diagnosis, I was on Doxycycline for 2 weeks and Bactrim DS for 2 weeks.
Dox was worthless, Bactrim did help, while i was on it.

I've noticed that if I take a shower 20 minutes after ejaculations and let some warm water hit my penis, it helps alot or pretty much gets rid of the sensation. On other days when I don't want to take three showers ;)
I just drink a lot of water right after and **** about 2-4 times, the last one generally tends to be a trickle but ends up getting rid of the sensation for the most part (though it doesn't work as well as the shower).

Unfortunately I don't have health insurance and can't see a doctor or urologist, so I might just try and get a month's supply of bactrim DS through my contact again.
hey, if uv ruled out std and bacterial infection, the next likely cause would be that ur NOT EATING RIGHT. too much fast food (mcdonalds.. kebab, pizza takeaways.. or maybe a kebab pizza :p u see these make the environment in u more acidic.
iv had the symptom where to me after ejaculation im ok, but then if i carry on for a few seconds, its like iv ejaculated battery acid into my urethra,, and then in makes me feel queasy..
Drink lots of water, eat right, dont snack, exercise.
tbh i just got this advice myself, and i wont know how effective it would be until the next time. il tell u how it goes
I'm not crazy!
Since I started masturbating at 14 I've felt the same semi-excruciating pain at the tip and along my penis after ejaculation on occasion.
Like most of you I can't pin point exactly when or why it happens. It seems like some two week periods it's a guarantee to be painful, and then I almost forget about it for a while.

It's a cruel sort of torture when aroused.

I'm now 17 and in a serious relationship with Arousal/handjob etc..,and would really like to avoid this with her. I've been lucky so far, but don't want to leave anything to chance.

Sitting on the toilet for 45 minutes is my only sure fire remedy.
I have this same symtom for years. It does not occur everytime after ejaculation but always seems to be there on the edge. Seems to happen more often after having a few alcoholic beverages. I agree that it must be a acidic content in sperm or urine. Lasts for a hour or so and I always visit the bathroom sveral times before it goes away. I am going to try the zinc and see how that works. Does anyone know of a suppliment or other that will reduce acid in urine or sperm.
I now feel better knowing I'm not alone!

I'm 17 and never had sex, but about 85% of the time I've masterbated, my penis starts burning. Not just the tip, but throughout.
Here is how it goes:
- I just finished and I sit there for about a minute... then it begins
- I then make my way to the toliet and sit there for about 30 minutes
- as I'm sitting there I try my best to push out any urine (It's so frustrating, cause it feels like I need to pee pretty badly, but about two drops come out)
Like most other youngsters I started masterbating (masturbating) around 14 years of age, but this problem only started about a year ago.
I feel like it might be a bladder issue, I've delt with those before...but I also feel like its a mental thing.
I've noticed something:
- it only occurs when I do it carelessly (you know? sometimes you just do it when you're only slightly into it and kind of bored?)
- but it dosen't occur when I'm actually really into it (and haven't done it for a while)
I'm going to try masterbation (masturbation) less often, and do it only when I really, really feel like it

its for sure no STD (virgin) Its not the way I eat (I eat and drink pretty well) thats why I feel like its just how I feel.
anyways I'll see how things go and if any solutions pop up I'll for sure post them.

I too did suffer from the exact same condition with exactly the same symptoms for many years.
Firstly though for a quick relief, drink Barley water at least a pint, this WILL help, but isn't a cure.
some people prefer Cranberry Juice but not me so I cant say wether it works.
These symptoms are the same as what women get "Cystisis" I discribed my symptoms to my doctor and he said it sounded like cystisis (Sorry if I have spelled this wrong) but Men dont usually suffer from this.
Anyway, so off to the std clinic I went, they couldn't find anything so, as a precaution they gave me STRONG antibiotics, aand sure enough my problem went away...To my  relief...
Penis Bath; Stretch your foreskin and pour water (normal temp) on the stretched part only for 10 to 15 minutes a day.All the nerve end at the tip of the foreskin.The cooling will smoother the sensations.Cooling also stimulates urination.This is hydro-therapy and is recommended for many  problems of the genital organ.
Pouring water on the genital organ is usually recommended  by doctors if Urination is obstructed.
Guest wrote:
glad I found this forum. I have had this pretty much my whole life but it got really bad this past year. I agree with the theory of drinking more water and not urinating before sex. I had blood tests, STD tests and the doctors finger up my bumm and all those have been negative. It really makes me wonder if doctors know anything at all.

It honestly sounds like that while we all SEEM to be experiencing the same symptoms, the actual causes for all our problems might not all be 1 in the same. Like guest that I quoted, I have had this my whole life, got STD tested, and was put on an antibiotic program for a few months that was pointless. I too came to the conclusion that doctors dont know anything, that is till I talked to a world renowned urologist in the Bay Area who diagnosed me correctly. After his tests he said basically my muscle that constricts the prostate to squeeze out semen was irritated, it wasn't BPH, or STD's, or bacteria. He said during sex dont squeeze my PC muscle ( the muscle that you manually use to move your penis). I find that Ibuprofen works when I am sore. It's getting better, but sometimes I am afraid to hop on a jet.
Hi, i am also facing the problm of penile burning for last 2 weeks, i also consult an urologist and get me done Urine Culture and a whole abdomen ultrasound, all came normal. now the doctor is saying i might be feeling it because of bladder inflamation (inflammation) or due to a presence of small crystal or stone in utheria, therefore he prescribed some antibiotics to take for 20 days but sometime the burning just like goes away and sometime i feel it again. i am very nervous wyhy is than happening to me. i doubt for being infected with STD also as i had a unprotected sex with one of my friend but it was happened four months ago i started to feel this burning and the doctor said that it cant be STD as i am not discharging anything on top of my penis before urnitaion and while being normal the all other day. could anyone help me please getting it know that what has exactly happened to me? Many Thanks.

i have the answer to your problems i have had the same thing and doctors cant figure it out but i have after experimenting i found the solution anyone needs help hit me
I have the same thing. Burning/itching sensation in the urethra/tip of penis. Sometimes it goes away for several days, and comes back again to bother me. I got a penis swab for ureaplasma, mycoplasma, and chlamydia came back negative, also I have done biochemical analysis of urine as well as urinoculture. Biochemical analysis did show creatinine presence more than average, but nothing more, urinoculture did show that there are bacteria, bur when the bacteriogram was conducted it did not show any harmful bacteria. Everything with kidneys came out fine. I have Varicocele, and my question is, can Varicocele cause burning/itching in urethra and in the tip of penis?
I too had these symptoms I don't now it's the same thing as what's being said on this forum, but I found a way to prevent the sensation.
I used to sometimes urinate before masturbating but I found out that the sensation only came when I urinated before and ejaculated within a half hour (approx.) so I started to experiment by not urinating within a half hour time frame before ejaculation and I haven't had a single one of those symptoms.
Try it maybe it works for you too.
well topic res,
i do have de same symptoms, and wanted to ask if anyone could put all the solutions in a list , i now know

- after being to the toilet wait at least 30 minutes
- alcohol makes the change bigger that this will happen
- some people drink more, (i doubt this will work)

anyone knows more ?
and anyone knows any medication for this , cause i would really hate to wait like 30 minutes or no alcohol ,

Greetz,
TEA TREE OIL is the CURE for this." jay743" Gave me the cure. TRUST ME, it works. It feels a little weird at first because it feels a little cold when you put it on but definetly works. You can buy this at WALGREENS and it cost $10.00. Thanks a lot "jay743"  : )
I have the same ****** problem..

I dont know when and how this ****** problem crep in me !! i used to fine before untill recently it has come to me  .. i mean some 4 years back.. I used to masturbate a lot when i was in teens. and i have some ****** problem. i guess its phimosis. i cant see my glans (glands) ( head of the penis )  ..

the problem let me tell. its same as mentioned as above but i want to explain..

Not always tough..

but sometimes when i feel like masturbating.. ( even forced and natural ) after i masturbate i feel tremdous burning sensation on and around my  penis.. its very intense. but  it goes off  in  15 to 30 mins.. and during that time i feel like urinating every 2 mins. but when i go to toilet i end up leaking 2 or 3 drops and tat time also my penis burns a loooooooooooot.

i hate this.. some times before i  masturbate i feel  that i might get that burning sensation after i ejaculate. i stop it.. its hard but i stop it cos its hell ( i mean the burning sensation after leaking)    i generally if i  need to masturbate i peee like 30 mins before.. cos if i masturbate immideatley after i urinate 100 % chances are there that i might get burning sensation..

i dont know why this has happened to me..

there are few thigs i wud share here please let me know if that woud have been cause

1) phimosis : so urine leaks back to my glans (glands)

2) i used to masturbate a looooooooooooooooooot in teens . i started masturbating when i was in 6th standard. now i m 25....

3)  i had this habit of pressing my penins with my hands so hard when i used to leak to avoid sperm comming out.. i feel that is the problem..

is this any UTI = urinary track infection... is there any ******* thing i can do for this frekin diseae..

After reading all the posts, it sounds like 2 distinct separate issues are occuring.  

Masterbation (masturbation) - If you are a little too vigorous during your session, don't use a lubricant, like to edge, or have a sustained session, you can irritate the glans (glands) and uretha.  This is particularly true for circumcised men.  If you are un-circumcised, be sure to clean up throughly after your session.  This will resovle itself over a few days.  Try being a little less harsh on your member.

Prostatitis -  This is much more serious.  An often overlooked casue of this horrible malady is Candida or a yeast infection.  Women often transmit yeast (vaginal thrush) infections to their partners during intercourse, and if the prostate gets infected, it can take months to resolve the issue.  Also, yeast or thrush can be transmitted by receiving oral sex.  All the usual STD tests will come out negative as this is not a bacteriala infection.  It is a fungal infection.

My best adivce is to take acidophilus and other probiotic supplements, plus eat a good natural yogurt twice daily to help resotre the natual flora in the intestines.  Avoid fast foods and alcohol which can irritate the prostate.  (do a google search).  Frequent ejaculation is actually good, even better if your spouse or partner massages the prostate before and during ejaculation, but sit in a warm bath afterwards.  This is not an overnight cure.  It can take a few months.

For serious or resistant cases, your doctor or urologist will need to prescribe an oral anti-fungal.  These medications can have serious side effects on the liver, so you should be checked regularly during the treatment period.

Often, a fungal prostate infection is accompanied with other non specific symptoms like persistant scalp itch, athteltes foot, toenail and fingernail discolorations, face becoming greasy, unexplained hair loss or thinning, unexplained fatigue and other non specific symptoms,  Again do a google search.  

Lastly, if you perform unprotected anal sex on your partner the chances of getting an ecoli infection in the prostate are extremely high. It does not matter if your partner is female or male.  If your wife or partner does not wipe herself correctly, she can also spread fecal matter towards her vagina resulting in infection.  If you are gay or bisexual, ask your partner to douche first.  The best precaution, however, is to avoid anal sex or use a comdom always.

An ecoli infection in the prostate is extremely difficult to diagnose (usually reguires a semen analysis, although you can still get a false negative reading) and just as difficult to treat.  You will need to see a good urologist.

Just remember that the prostate is a difficult area to treat and often antibiotics do not reach their target.  It can take months of treatment before it resolves.

Hope that this information helps.
Hi all im a 20 year old male and i have kinda the same problem. hasnt happened in awhile i had intercourse with my partner tonight (i was fine after) but then i needed to pee really bad. I now have a burning/ Stinging sensation on the tip of my penis which is really uncomfortable....I must stress this happens very rarely but i have noticed other comments mentioning this is more likely to happen if your tired or stressed i agree with this in my case (Didnt want to do it tonight but hey never turn down intercourse RIGHT) wish i had now any help would be greatly apprciated Thanks in advanced
okay so i am 13 and i am a virgin...and i just masturbated for the first time.and well only a little sperm came out and after it did the tip of my penis started to burn for hmm 5 seconds and left. i was scared and didn't want to talk to anyone about it because i am very shy and so i looked on the internet and it led me here...i am so confused and scared.to recap i am a virgin 13 JUST masturbated for the FIRST time. i am scared can someone please tell me whats going on!!!
I am 37 and have this burning sensation in my penis as well.   I have done the chlamydia tests as well as a CT scan of the pelvic area, all have come back neg.  I also have been on Leviquin, Doxycycline and have barely helped.  I also have this same sensation in my toes and occasionally in my fingers.  It's strange and so frickin irritating.  I have been married 8 yrs and been faithful....any clues out there?
Can Any one give me some suggestions!!!

Though I never had any sexual exposure neither male nor with female till date but from past 9 months i am having urethritis which is not going away with Urologist prescribed antibiotics. I am not a diabetic.

Some 2 years back after mastrabation i used to try & forcefully urinate thinking that i will keep the track clean but at times when there was very little urine which would be concentric with uric acid used to burn the tract But after some time it used to become normal. I dont know weather this is the reason for my urethritis, prostate infection & muscle pains doctors please clarify

I do have one lymph node in abdomen which is paining past 8 years & pains only when touched on the right side of abdomen. When asked with doctors the nothing to worry... :-(

History with diagnostic procedure undergone

Urine Routine Analysis Normal
Urine Culture No Growth
First Ultra sound scan resulted in 59ml post void residue
Taken the following medicine

Tab Doxy 100mg twice a day for 14days
Tab Levoday 500mg once a day for 30days
Tab Urimax 0.4mg once a day for 30days

But with the above treatment second Ultra sound scan resulted in normal with no stones in Liver, gall bladder, spleen, pancreas, kidneys urinary bladder & prostate is normal
Rhematioid Arthritis Factor is Normal
Uric Acid, Calcium, Phosphorus are normal
Only CRP, ESR & WBC count are above little above the range
Bone Scan is Normal
Random Glucose is Normal

Currently my symptoms are
1)Burning (sever)inside urethra when semen or the lube gel comes out
2)Mild pain in urethra which goes away with antibotics but comes back when  semen or the lube gel comes out
3)from begining alot of muscle pains & tiredness
4)I feel Penis full & sticky, sought of shrinking feeling at the root of the urethra

Prescriptions taken before confirmation of urethritis through cystoscopy  

Inj. Gentamycin one dose per day for 2 days
Tab Norfloxacin 400mg twice a day for 6days

Tab Doxy 100mg twice a day for 14days
Tab Levoday 500mg once a day for 30days
Tab Urimax 0.4mg once a day for 30days

Inj One Dose of Long acting Pencilin felt better but tingling inside urethra continued after 7 days leg muscles pains which do no go away pain killers returned

When Semen culture three was done & came positive so according to the pathogens isolated the following antibiotics were prescribed by urologist but without any respite to my condition

Tab Cefuroxime 500mg twice a day for 10days

Inj. Gentamycin 80ml one dose per day for 8 days

Prescriptions taken after confirmation of urethritis through cystoscopy  

Tab Minocycline 100mg once a day for 7days
Tab Kit of FAS-3 ie Fluconazole-150mg Azithromycin 1g Secnidazole 2g
Tab Aciclovir 400mg twice a day for 7days

Tab Prulifloxacin 600mg once a day for 5days
Tab Trimethoprim 160mg & Sulphamethoxazole 800mg (Bactrim d.s) twice a day for 7days Though i felt better with both tabs, again after masturbating again there is burning sensation inside urethra.

Now Urologist is suggesting immunosuppression with Neotrexate 2.5mg. I am totally lost.....

Our familiy doctor is suggesting long acting pencilin once in a week for 6 weeks please suggest your opinion
also on only trimethoprim 200mg for mycondition. and list of drugs which penetrate prostatic fluid

And there is no respite to my symptoms Doctors please do suggest Tests Treatments & procedures for my conditions
I can go on with pain & burning but muscle pains & tiredness are taking me out of my normal life.

Please share any expert doctors contact info so that i can get better with
I have the same problem... this is crazy, can't believe so many people are having this...

Well... here is my theory... It has to be anxiety or lack of sleep. I havent slept for 48 hours and decided a quick jerkoff and off to bed would be great... turns out i get this uncomfortable sensation (not painful, but it keeps you awake you know?) in the tip of my penis and in my scrotum... it also feels like i have urine waiting to constantly be freed.

I did start drinking lots of coffee recently, and i have been having sex, but it has been protected...

let's solve this please..
To: Roberto

let's solve this please..
Wow, it's pretty incredible so many people are describing what its like deal with this -- cold water, having the urge to pee -- all spot on.

I've dealt with it for about 2 years now. My doctor had said it was an inflammation in the urethra. Anyways here are  a few thoughts I would share:

- Try masturbating/have sex for less time and less intensely.  Use lube.  
- Try and layoff tons of alcohol, cigarettes and caffeine (i use all quite a bit)
- Don't masturbate/have sex so often until the feeling is more manageable (sometimes fail :)

@hector9999 - don't worry about it so much.  starting to masturbate pre-semen production can be worrisome and comes with plenty of odd things.  you'll be ok!
HI%2BHAD%2BUNPROTECTED%2BSEX%2BAND%2BINTERCOURSE%2B3%2BNIGHTS%2BAGO%2BAND%2BI%2BGET%2BTHIS%2BBURNING%2BSENSATION%2BINSIDE%2BTHE%2BTIP%2BOF%2BMY%2BPENIS%2BI%2BFELT%2BTHAT%2BSYMPTOM%2BTHAT%2BVERY%2BDAY.%2BWHICH%2BI%2BTHINK%2BI%2BGOT%2BA%2BCUT%2BBECAUSE%2BTHE%2BGIRL%2BWASNT%2BTHAT%2BLUBRICATED.%2BHELP
Hay,
Same problem for over 20 years burning penis. PREPARATION-H WILL GET RID OF THE BURNING IN 5 MIN. or apply before sex for less or no burning at all. Apply as deep as you can get it up your anus and clean after each movment. No cure but a lot less burning. I think it brings down the swelling of the prostate or maybe it just a pain killer effect. let me nkow if it worked for you.
P.S.
wear and how do you apply the TEA TREE OIL.
Like everyone else here, I'm annoyed at persistent treatment for these symptoms with little or no improvement.

My symptoms started over a couple months ago, which all seem to worsen after intercourse or masturbation. I experience a persistent burning sensation, sometimes I see a discoloration, and tip of urethra appear very swollen after ejaculation.  Almost everyday I feel some sort of chaffing in my pants, which makes it difficult to walk or exercise without grimacing.  My urine looks normal, and I don't notice any warts or lesions or anything like that.  Urinating never hurts, and sometimes feels good.  I never really feel like I have to constantly urinate a lot like some of the other posts.

I've been tested for everything! Culture swab, several urine tests, and full blood work.  All came back negative.  

After seeing 3 separate doctors, I've been treated with lots of stuff, all of which have been pretty useless:
First treatment: azythromycin for possible chlymidia, some broad antibacterial cream
Second treatment: for possible candida, another penis cream, no help
Current treatment which I'm pretty much finishing up: prostatitis, 2 tabs of 100 mg doxycycline for a full month, not much help either, just a constant stomach ache.

My symptoms have been more manageable lately, and I've been able to get exercise, and the burning sensations have been more infrequent.  This may be a result holding out on my gf and no masturbation for the past couple weeks.  However, whenever I take a ****, which may put pressure on my prostate, irritation comes back, and I have trouble walking without pain from my cloths rubbing against my penis.  Sometimes when I'm just sitting there I'll also get a mild burning.  Also, I just decided to masturbate, because, well,..i  just needed to.  Now I have an intense burning, the tip of my urethra got so swollen it looked inside out, and the head of my penis was all discolored.  It started to get back to normal after a half or so, but seriously, what the hell.  Not normal at all.

Help me please!  
The same thing happens to me about once a week only after Masturbation.  I have had this problem since I begain Masturbation and at that time, I was still a virgin.  I do not believe it is an STD, due to the fact that I was a virgin when it begain.  I have found a few things that will help and cut down on this occuring.  
1. Pee 30 mins before ejaculation
2. After ejaculation, make sure all visual and non-visual semen is out of the penis.
3. Wait 30 to 45 mins after ejaculation to pee.

Try those few steps out and tell me if it helps.  Another thing that I have found is that if you think about the burning, your mind will somthimes play tricks on you, making you think the burning is still there.  Hope this helps thanks
So many of us!
I also have the same problem to deal with it after running to the toilet and sitting down wondering why this happens i drink lots of water and go to bed and just try to sleep it off ,the next time this happens i will be trying- ice,tea tree oil,anything that people have listed (then sleep) and i think i'll hold off on blowing more than once that seems to be the trigger for me.
  maybe one day someone will find a real cure and maybe bring it to more peoples attention im sure their are plenty more poeple who suffer from this needing help.
I have experienced exactly this for the last 15 years and i am relieved in a way to hear so many similar stories as i thought something was seriously wrong with me.
The very first time i experienced this was immediately after i had masturbated wearing a condom (i was 14 and experimenting) i was a virgin so ruled out STI's.

Here's what i know:

This only happens after ejeculation, sometimes immediately, sometimes after 20 minutes or so. Sometimes it doesn't happen at all and sometimes not for weeks.

The burning or stinging sensation appears to be all around my genitals but mostly along the shaft, usually subsides after 10 - 15 minutes.

I feel like i have too pee and often sit on the loo until it passes.

As others describe, i can sometimes sense it happening whilst masterbating (masturbating) and if i stop it goes away (this takes great will power!)

Here's what helps me:

Drinking lots of water throughout the day
Not urinating half an hour before sex
making sure all semen is clear afterwards
cutting down on coffee
too much alcohol does make it more likely to happen

I haven't tried the tea tree yet but would love to hear any other tips to help deal with the symptons. hope this helps
I have noticed this happening to me also, but its not every time. After i masterbate i go pee and right after i pee the burning usually begins. As some of you said it only happens when im not really into masterbateing. The pain only occurs at the tip of my penis and its a burning pain, and it also feels like i have to pee every second. Ive never had sex but i have gotten a ******** and handjob but they were both from a girl that it was there first time doing anything so i dont think its an STD. I'm only 15 and i dont know what to do about it. So please if anyone finds something to do let me know.
I am experiencing this pain right now. Please help me. Burns like hell throughout the main tube, I guess you can call it, in my penis, and a little near the connection-part to the scrotum. When I lean back it hurts really bad. Just masturbated about an hour ago, I was fine for about 4-5 minutes, then BAM. I was scared, so I went to the bathroom. I peed, it felt a little better during the urination, then it came back once I was done. I came back to my room, looked it up, found this, and I felt sick and felt like panicking. I went to the bathroom sweating and feeling like I was going to vomit 'cause I was scared. I tried peeing a little more but all that came out was this clear liquid. It didn't smell like pee. It's kinda nasty but I tasted it to see what it was, it definitely wasn't pee. Maybe pre-***. I don't know, I'm no doctor. I'm freaking out right now. But it's comforting to know there's more people with this. I don't know man. Is there any way to get rid of this quickly, like within an hour or so, without having to run to the store?
I'm 16, junior in high school. I've had sex with 3 people, all were virgins and I got checked for STDs in November (After the last time I had sex) and it came back clear. I have a history of Hydronephrosis, a kidney disease, but I got operated on that last May. My kidney is still stretched out from the surgery, and will probably be like that permanently, if that helps the explanation at all. Trying to think of what else can help. After the surgery they put a catheter in me (A tube going through the penis up to the bladder, I think, or somewhere up there, that basically pees for you). That thing sucked. But that was back in May, could it have done something to me that just came up now?
Idk man. I'm just kinda scared, I guess. If you can help me at all, email me at ***@****. Thanks in advance.
Hi xsurd,

just wanted to reply to your post as this thing can be quite a frightening experience. I'm no doctor either but judging from other peopes comments i don't think that this is anything to do with the surgery that you had. From the information here it doesn't seem like anyone, including doctors, seems to know exactly what causes the symptoms that we are all experiencing. But it does seem possible that it is in some way connected to either seaman or urine flowing back up the tubes into the wrong place, which occurs after ejeculating.

As mentioned i've had this for 15 years and i'm comforted by the fact that i'm not the only one, but also a little worried that there doesn't seem to be any official diagnosis.

The symptoms appear to be identical for all of us, the intense burning or stinging that occurs after ejeculating. The constant feeling of needing to urinate and the pain that can last from 15 minutes up to around an hour, in some cases longer.

It can be a great worry but i personally don't think that it is connected to anything transmitted sexually, not judging by everyones comments, it seems to be a medical condition rather than an infection that we are all suffering.

What might help you is to read carefully through all of the above comments and take advise from people who have found ways of dealing with the symptoms.

This doesn't happen everytime i ejeculate and when it does occur it can be for diiferent lengths of time. Sometimes you can almost sense it happening before you come, like a warning. You could try changing your lifestyle a little by eating better and drinking more water (and less coffee or alcohol) one trick i have learned is to drink a glass of water before sex or masturbation, but not so much that you are bursting, and don't pee for at least 15 minutes before you come. When you do come, try not to urinate immediately as this may cause seaman or urine to travel back up. Make sure everything is clear then take a pee and the water should help clear things away. I've been doing this for a while and it doesn't work everytime but when it does occur it only lasts a few minutes (and when i first experienced this it used to last a LOT longer) be warned though, alcohol does seem to make things worse.

Like i said i'm no doctor and i'm aware that we are all different but i hope some of these things can help you as they have me. Good luck

I have been reading the posts here from the one in 2006. I screwed some lady i just met with protection though. though she gave me a ** without. since then i have been having this burning sensation at the tip and neck of my penis. its some uncomfortable feeling not pain but burning worse in the evening especially if curdle up and get the temps there high, feels like some acidic stuff in my penis and a 'funny' burning sensation around the head. I have no discharge and have tried to squeeze my penis severally to confirm this. I am  a medical resident and have been reviewing some literature. it seems you get oral herpes without necessary having a discharge and this can be a cause of dysuria and the burning sensation. I am a valtrex to see if this helps, this is driving me crazy. i cant even study or do any other stuff. during the day im more or less okay unless i sit somewhere for long cross my legs and raise the temp down there which i dont seem to be tolerating well over the last few days. what is this
I had the same experience in my mid 20's through mid 30's nothing was wrong . Looking back Im sure it had to do with the force of ejaculation when you are young and the food you eat. Now in my late 50's no such issues not even in my 40's. And I was just about as active in my 40's as younger. At my age now lucky to ejaculate  4 times a month the force is somewhat diminished no more shooting the ladies in the face on early with draw, just a smooth sputter out the end a few inches. Lighten up stop worrying and keep on blowing those loads into the ladies they love it.
Wow this is strange. It sounds like my problem.
Other then not only does it burn in the tip of the penis. But mostly on the outside . It is even red and raw. It is to the point I don't want to masturbate for fear of the burn. I had a yeast infection over the last few months, maybe the infection went to the prostate. But I can't understand how the burning would be on the skin on the outside.
A warm bath or a heating pad on the outside between the penis and the anus gives relief for a while.
I have an appointment with a urologist in a week. I'll let you know what he says.
I started masturbating when  i was 11. Now im 15, but u soon noticed an irritation on the tip of my peanus. When I ejaculate, i dont have a satisfying feeling, but instead a burning feeling. I need help, anyone please.
This is the 2nd time it's happened in 2 months. The pain is almost an unbearable stinging in the tip of the penis after sex when I pee. It feels like spermicidal lube got in the tip or an air bubble is stuck in there.

It happens after intense/passionate/rough intercourse. After ejaculation when I go to pee.
We used a spermicidal lubricated condom. I thought this was the reason since the sex was so long and hard I thought some spermicidal lube got in the tip of the penis.
But this last time the pain occurred during intercourse and I had to wait a few seconds and it would go away, but kept coming back every other minute for a split second when i moved it wrong in there. I thought maybe an air bubble was trapped moving up and down the penis.
I ejaculated without pain but when I went to pee it took me 30 minutes because it is most painful when a high pressure/volume of pee comes out. It burns so bad the first pee, but less and less with each pee thereafter. It goes away no problem after a few times going to the bathroom.

From reading the entire thread above I feel it is caused by the irritation of the "penis contracting muscle". Those two times were extremely long and passionate and I was unusually hard. I went as long as I could almost bringing myself to climax several times.
Or it is due to a combination of a poor diet and not enough exercise. Too much greasy food, not enough vitamins and minerals.
Or hopefully not a fungal prostate infection

The cures range from:
- warm shower after sex.
- cold water after sex
- tee tree oil
- drink lots of water
- take extra zinc supplements
- well balanced diet
- "acidophilus and other probiotic supplements"

I've been having this for years, I've seen numerous urologists and other experts, lots of STD tests and clinics and search for solutions on the internet for years too.

There simply isn't an answer. And unfortunately no-one in medical research appears to think it's a big enough problem to look into, instead they do just the same as all doctors where they assign it to something else which it isn't, such as an STD or telling you that it's psychological.

From the forums, etc... I've seen, it appears there are many tens of thousands of people with this problem and a medical profession that would rather assume we're wrong about the symptoms than accept they don't know what it is.

All that ever happens is we get referred to someone else, and then referred again, and again, and eventually our lives just can't fit around it all so we give up and live with it hoping that one day it will be properly researched instead of skimmed over.
I had sex with this chick like a week ago which i knew (unprotected sex) that is. The next day i started to get a burn like under my penis not even by the tip. When i thought about i was panicing thinking i got burnt but then i double thought and the girl i did it with vigina (vagina) got dry and i was trying to hurry up and finish to go home so i kept on going after i ejaculated i was tire but my penis felt sore.(next dat burning starts). When i peed it was burning but the second time i went to the bathroom it was fine normally no pain or burning. Later on i met up with other girl got laid had a condom on but then after i ejaculated man that burining came rite back up and now its like extra worst like i dont even want to pee wen i got to. But its not on the tip of my penis its like that little ball thats connects to all the vains like the male clitoris.Need some help people.
I have the exact same problem and have had it for years.  Since I was a virgin.

The worst was when I went t see my girfriend and had sex just before I left.   When I was driving home the burning sensation kicked and I really needed the toilet.  I had a 10 minute drive and had to hold it, but it really felt like I wasn't gonnna be able to.

When I got home I had to sit down to pee.  I ended up sitting on the toilet for about 30mins because I just kept feeling like I needed to go.

I don't get this everytime I have sex, but its embarrasing to have to go to the toilet 5 or 6 times and be in there for 20 - 30 minutes.

It a relief to know other people have the problem.
i have had this problem for years now but it only seems to happen after masturbating now after sex. the burning is in the tip of my penis and the tip is also cold when it happens it doesnt happen every time either because i try my best to make it not happen...i find if i wait until i have to pee to masturbate, ejaculate, then pee right after then it clears my path i guess i would call it then it wont happen. if i dont have to pee i squeeze my penis from bottom to sop once every minute about 4 times and that also seems to clear it out but sometimes it still doesnt work. peeing is my best solution. i dont know why it doesnt happen after sex maybe because im a lot more excited then when masturbating and it clears better i dont know. it usually take about 10 minutes after ejaculation. when it does happen it feels as though i have to pee really bad even if its a few drops...i find that even after the few drops come out if i hold it like im still pushing out pee it actually feels good even though it is still burning at the same time..try that and at least you may be able to get some good out of the pain
I have had this problem from my puberty. I read whole thread and symptoms are the same. I had burning sensation and urge to pee 20minutes after ejaculation. When I go pee then, it is much worse. Urologist did not find any cause. I tried ATB treatment, but without result. Occurance is irregular. I know, how you must feel. Waiting if current ejaculation will be problem and have fear from next sex or masturbation.

I want to know, what is the cause. Therefore I will write some aspects, which can be relevant with it:
I have "Varicocele", but without significant problems. I know it only, because my urologist found it.
My sperm is stinking as fisch (I read somewhere, that it can be problem).
Just looked this site up, and im relieved to hear that it is likely irritation.  I've masturbated up to five times a day before and never had this.  I've had about 6 or 7 partners, always used protection and never had this feeling.  But recently I've found a girlfriend (who is clean like myself) and have gotten comfortable enough to not use a condom occasionally, making sure to pull out in time.  The sex has always been rough and this never occured.  Last night we had sex at two A.M. (finished and had no problem), then we woke up an hour ago and did the deed again, except this time when I went to pee there was this incredible burning feeling right when the urine reached the tip of the penis. My theory is by going raw occasionally, I opened myself up to a urinary tract infection.  I hope this helps someone out there as those posts before me did.
Yeah I have had the same problem for almost 2 weeks now. My swab test came back negative. I did find out the girl I was with had a yeast infection and I asked the doctor if it was possible. He was hesitant on it, so I am not sure but I have read you can get that. Its also signs of Prostatis as well. So I want to get that checked out as well and see what the doctor says. I am on my 2nd antibiotic and still nothing helps. If it burns while you pee try using Azo, that stuff works by giving a low dose of numbing medication to help with that.
Same here.  I'm 32, have jerked off as many as 8 times a day since the age of 15, have no STDs, and after several years of problemless sex with my wife, one night, I got hit with this same burn, and it's continued to reoccur.  It feels like there's still urine or semen in my penis, then when I do pee, it burns like crazy, then throbs for hours afterward, preventing me from sleeping, and my penis still feels like it's 'not empty.'  The burn comes back each time I urinate for about the next 24 hours, then slowly goes away until I have sex again.  I have never gotten it from masturbating, which I still do several times a week.  But, I almost always get it from sex.  I thought it was the lubricant my wife uses or possibly from a small tear in the head of the penis from 'forcing' the penis in -- like the urine was going over an open wound inside the penis hole.  Maybe some of you use lubricants when you masturbate or masturbate vigorously enough to tear your penises?  I have no idea what it is.  Maybe as a group we can figure out what no one else can.
has anoyone ever got a bubble at de end of der penis behind the head ?? im very worried please reply soon i had masterbated then looked  and this has appered
Wow,

I have had the same thing. I am now 22 and fortunately have found the solution about 1-2 years ago. I started having it 3-4 years ago. The way to fix it is to not drink ANYTHING about 60-90 minutes before sex or masturbation.

That means no alcohol, water. Not even a drop.

Also, pee everything out as much as you can in the last 30 minutes before sex or masturbation.

Once you have sex or masturbate, you will no longer have this feeling. But if you have water in your system, you do risk the chance of getting the burn or itch feeling.

At least this is how it works for me every week for 2 years.
Hi all...

I too, have this extremely bothersome problem. Or shall I say HAD.  I recently seen an EXTREMELY educated Urologist and he said to me: Urine is EXTREMELY ACIDIC, often time for a while after urination, you will still be left with trace amounts of urine in your urethra. Semen also makes the urethra very sensitive(hence the euphoric sensation of ejaculation,) which will often times accentuate the burning from the acid and ammonia in your urine! This will almost always happen if you do not drink a lot of fluids and/or drink alcohol as water flushes out acid in the urine and alcohol actually INCREASES acid levels in the urine. One strategy he gave me was to, first of all drink more water! Second try not to masturbate or have intercourse within an hour before or after urinating, and if you do TRY YOUR BEST to make sure you get it all out.  Also, if you masturbate or have intercourse twice or more within a short period your urethra will be EXTRA SENSITIVE, so take caution. But, the number one remedy is to drink plenty of water if you like to masturbate excessively or are very sexually active. Nothing too alarming though, and VERY common among males; ecspecially males with larger penis'.  My email is jnew1_8608***@****. Please let me know if this information has been helpful to you or your partner(no spam please!) Hope it works for you as it did for me!
You are right. I am trying to drink more water and it seems to be woriking. Your information is very valuable because a lot of urologist did not know the cause.
I have one question. Why the burning occurs after 20minutes after ejaculation?
I have been reading all of the posts here. I am researching a problem that my boyfriend has been having for the past 6 to 8 months. The one symptom that he has that I was unable to find on here is pre-mature ejaculation.

I have done some reading on pre-mature ejaculation and it can be caused by psychological problems. He has told me that the pain makes him not want to have intercourse, so I am thinking that the two may be related.

The result of this pain has also resulted in a very poor sex life. If any of you had any similar problems or have any advice please let me know.
Good Luck to you all...
Just adding my name to the list. I've read every single post and i've got the exact same probaly. Before I go into detail, I want to stress that this dosen't happen everytime, it happens on a rare occasion but when it does it does cause a lot of discomfort.

I'll revise some of the facts of when I got it last, i'd been up in excess of 24 hours, i'd not had that much to drink and when I did it was high cafeinated drinks, I also urinated with in 10 mins of ejaculation. I really don't think this is a comtributing factor but the room I was in was very warm.

As I said before, i've had this on occasion but today was the first day for quite a few months so i've decided to check up on it. It's definatly not an STD since the last time I had intercourse was pushing 3 months ago and the girl was clean.

Normally when i've had it in the past it's only been late at night, probably when i'm most tired, today was the first time i've had it at any other time of the day. It's never happened during intercorse and only masturbation, also I don't really recall but there wasn't a lot of "pre-***" when normally there is.

I don't think there's a set pattern as to when it can and can't happen, but I do belive it's related to urine not clearing the "tube" of the penis, i'm not a doctor but that's a likely explination as all of the times i've had it i've urinated with-in 20-30 mins before hand. Granted there are times i've urinted in less time and had no such problems, but I also think hydration and tiredness can play some part in it.

My advice would be to drink a lot, don't urinate before intercourse and don't masturbate/have intercourse when you are tired or doing it complacently.
Same her guys! It doesn't happen all the time, but when it does its a real pain in the... well, penis. It normally happens when i'm a) overly tired, b) have had a few beers before hand, c) pee a few minutes afterwards and mostly if its a combination of the above. Best thing i've found is down a pint of non-alcoholic liquid and wait 'til you really need go rather that pissin' about in burning drips and drabs. Can't wait 'til there's a cure, but it looks like there's gonna be a queue!
Im 17 and i have had this problem for a while now aswell, ive read quite a few forums to try and see any answers however there seems to be no clear remedy to stop this burning sensation.

I have had this problem sometimes when masturbating and once after reciving oral from my girlfriend.

I masturbate quite a few times a day and i have notice that first if i urinate and then shortly after masturbate i get this burning sensation. Also if i masturbate get my self to the point of ejaculation quickly for a "quickie wank" i also get this burning sensation on the tip and along my penis, and it feels as if i need to urinate as many of you have said etc...

What i have learned from my experiances and im pretty sure if all of you try this it will slove your problem, you dont realise but firstly the most likely problem is yourself. By masturbating to quickly / vigorously you will get this burning sensation, also with my now ex girlfriend i used to get myself close and then let her finish me off. If i got myself close to ejaculation to quickly and then let her finish me off i would again get the same burning sensation

The answer to the problem, is simply take longer and enjoy masturbation. If you ejaculate to quickly you are straining your penis hense the burning sensation. You will see if you try, the longer you prelong ejaculation ( within reason ) the better the feeling and ALSO more importantly NO BURNING SENSATION :D , i also would advise not urinating before masturbation as i have also found this increases the chances of the burning sensation MAJORLY

Sum up:
1) Take longer ( within reason ) over masturbation/Sexual acts - enjoy them dont rush them, its strains yourself - its like trying to lift an extremly heavy weight without training on lower weights first, it will only injur you!

2) Do not urinate directly before or directly after masturbation give time after or before masturbation before you urinate.

those two key things solve the burning sensation problem for me just try it!
some times after i ejaculat i get the stinging feeling witch kind of is anoying.. just when u wana fall asleep your stuck with this buzzing pain in your ****.. i dons feel like is burning a lil from with in..  but glad to hear its not a STD altho i had this problem befor i lost my vurginity..
so i wasnt to worry...  but it is so annoying espesholy if your with a girl and she wants to cudel and you just wana distract your sellf away from the pain.. (if your on your own and its really pain full go for a 50min wallk or even run or some sort of distraction cuz after that it will be gone.... its 1hour of really annoying pain... rrrg i think it hapens if i brink to much booz.. or not inuf watter..  1 word of advice hold your wee in for as long as you posably can.. more you pee the worce it gets just hold on and then do one big **** and the pain will be gone!
thanks u all for puting my mind alil to rest.
Every 100 to 150 ejaculation, it happens. it is so dam annoying, it takes all the pleasure that you had a few moments ago, you can feel it coming at you after a few minutes, and it will take about 4 hours to go away, I tried a lot of ways to reduce the pain, and I discovered that warm water or warm air directed on the penis and the balls will help a lot. Cold water won’t do anything   .
icant believe i thought i may be the only one who suffered from this and figured it MUST  be somekind of std, infection or something else horrible.  Soooo glad to hear from all of you it has really put my mind at ease as i have gotten some great knowledge from all of you.  I experience on occasion the same burning feeling sometimes after ejaculation, usually only after masterbation (masturbation), and it is soo uncomfortable it feels like i have to **** VERY badly but dont.  

From reading all the posts above it sounds like it is from having urine in your urethra while you ejaculate.  

This makes the most sense to me based on logic and i guess if you dont have too much urine and semen in there together at the same time it might help.  also yes drinking more water wouod probably help.  

Hope anyone else wit this incredibly annoying problem finds this website cuz it helped me a lot.

Thanks to everyone!!!!
The burning/stinging sensation in you're penis post ejaculation is not a problem. I have it too. It's most likely extremely acidic urine. Do you drink a lt of caffine, alcohol, smoke or any fom of nicotine  for that matter, or take workout supplements. I might as well include meth, adderall (adderrall), cocaine, or any other amphetamine as well. All of the above are vasoconstrictor's meaning that constrict you're blood vessels, when you rub one out, the tightened smaller capillaries and vascular tissue of the urethra can me more easily irritated. However, Its most likely your diet has too much acid somewhere in it. Stay awake from caffine, smoking, ******* or jerkin it while drunk, and any of the other drugs and you should notice a HUGE difference. Always make sure you're drinking at least alf your body weight in fl oz of water a day. These is the recommended amount by the American medical association, to little h2o plus too Many diuretic. = high pH/high blood acidity = burning in Johnson.

Another reason it may burn specific aftersex is due to the increase of the sympathetic nervous system, that increases adrenal and causes vasoconstriction as well.    
I have had this same problem for years. it started before I started to have intercourse and I dont have any stds. it doesnt happen evey time I ejaculate and it usually happens within a half hour of ejaculating. It almost never happens when I get really turned on and have good sex. it ususally happens when I have been masturbating quite a lot and cuming wasnt quite so satisfying. its like not everything came out and you feel like you have to pee to flush out what ever is in your urinal tract that is causing the stinging. I have learned that you have to fight the urge to go pee, no matter how bad you think you need to. peeing stings the worst and that probably is an indicator that it is making things worse...unless maybe you have enough pee to actually flush out the tubes??. I think it is linked to your body not properly ejaculating or urine getting involved where is shouldnt, leading to irritation. the last thing you want to do to irritated tissue is further irritate it. i find that the sensation goes away fastest when you resist the urge to pee, grab your parts, or push on your gut. Do something to take your mind occupied while your body brings down the irritation! I know its the worst when your trying to sleep and all you want to do is get rid of that nagging sensation. guessing from the other posts on this thread, I think most of us with this problem masturbate a lot and or/and have a lot of sex even when we are not that turned on. more like a ritual or enjoyable activity as apposed to a full blown act of lust or love. I think we can all try to ejaculate less and with more umf when we do.speaking to myself as well, I think doing everything you can to stay healthy in general (especially sexually), such as staying rested, hydrated, nourished and sober, should help your body do what it is supposed to do, as apposed to putting you in pain.
also, im not 100% sure, ususally if I take a shower directly after ejaculating, the chances of getting the burning are lower. maybe the warm water and the washing motion help get everything out or something.
Whats you feeling isnt an STD, after you ejaculate there is some left over sperm, you need to be erect for ejaculation because sperm and sometimes pre-*** is thick. you may feel this sensation since usually there is still residual sperm left in your penis after ejaculation, so when the erection subsides, sperm just sits there inside, until you urinate, you will feel a burning feeling as the urine burns up the sperm. Sometimes you have to urinate more than once to get it all out, also sperm can harden inside your penis, just as fast as it does out side, even though its a thin amount, your penis is sensitive which is why it is a sensation with a significant presence.

'
Hey guys and girls,
I just read the first probably 100 posts on this topic. I am the midst of my first STD scare but reading these posts have put me at ease. I explained my situation in another forum and the advice I got was that I likely dont have an STD - I still plan on getting checked tomorrow. However, the tingling sensation I feel is in the tip of my penis as well as my toes. Upon research in both here and on other sites, this could very well be a cause of anxiety - in my case worrying about whether or not I have an STD, work, school etc. Someone before described it perfectly - "its as if someone just chewed winterfresh gum and is blowing on the tip of penis". Does that sound about right? I have rarely been so stressed or worried about anything in my life as I have these past couple days. I feel sometimes that I can almost think the feeling away from my penis to my toes and back again, so it HAS TO BE MENTAL, right?

And for you gentleman who feel an actual "PAIN", I have been there before too. What I was told was that I have what they call an "over active bladder". Its truly one of the most awful things anyone would ever have to experience. Mine lasted from about February 2008 until October 2008 and then on and off until about the summer of '09. I think masturbation was definitely a, if not THEE cause of this condition. I was definitely masturbating a lot more then due to high stress, sometimes boredom, and naturally a lack of a girlfriend at the time. However, with a decrease in my masturbation (dont ever STOP, its not healthy) an improved diet, decrease in the booze, an increase in exercise, and most importantly - SAFE, STEADY SEX! the problem really seemed to subside and I gained control over it. The urge to urinate is so frequent that it honestly controls your life. Drinking more water and holding it in your bladder can also have a beneficial effect on your frequency. Its all about tuning in to those muscles and taking back the control. Honestly, this is the first time I have ever seen anything regarding this topic... I wish I had found it back when it was really bothering me. HOWEVER, THE GOOD NEWS IT CAN GO AWAY! BE PATIENT AND IF YOU FIND SOMETHING THAT WORKS, STICK WITH IT!

I wish you all best of luck in your situations!
im 14 and have had this pain for 2 yrs after ejaculation clearly i don't have a std i find taking a shower with warm water helps
im 14 and have had this problem for 2 yrs after ejaculation i dont know much about it but i find that taking a warm shower helps some times u have to stay in the warm water for awhile before u dont feel it around 5-10 minutes
Hey dudes,

Im having the same symptoms!
So, about last january, i had unprotected sex with this girl i met at the club.
After wards I got this burning feeling that kind of stuck with me, that wasnt their before. But I also masturbated alot and i was looking that up on line because of the burning, and its just at the tip and it ******* hurt like right after sex and I was freaking out thinking it was an std or Hiv or whatever, but it was killing me. So i was looking around and i found that no sstd symptoms or anything were effecting me but, that if you masturbate to frequently and roughly (which i was) it can cause your urethra to feel uncomfortable and sensitive, I guess, so ive quite for about two weeks now and it kind of slowed down to a stop, but i recently got drunk and had sex again with a different girl i used to date in highschool, She said she had a bladder infection which I think is what it is now, but ive never had one before!
It burns when i sit and after I pee, idk wtf to do or how to help this?
Any suggestions.
Its pretty comfortable to know that alot of guys are having the same problem.
Please help. Thanks
I have this same symptom and also I feel like POOPING so much.. and cant come out of toilet for next 30 minutes at least. It does not occur everytime after ejaculation and its not just burning sensation but some kind of uneasiness...
I'm 99% certain this is not an STD. I've never had sex, but I have the problem maybe 2-4 times per year. After masturbating it stings right in the tip at the hole. And then I'm standing in the bathroom for 30 minutes drinking all the water I can and waiting for a few drops of urine, which is the only thing that brings relief. Then it just goes away after 30-60 minutes. It's not an unbearable pain, but it stings bad enough that I want it to stop NOW. Sorry to be graphic, but the first time it happened several years ago, I had used a thick sock, and since then I wipe it on a paper towel when I'm done, so I assumed that I had gotten irritating fibers inside there or something. But now I don't know. The only saving grace is that it only lasts a half an hour, and it happens infrequently. I don't think I could stand walking around like this all the time.
i have the same problem, am not comfortable with it, again my girlfriend complain of pains at lower side of abdomenal (abdominal), and irregular menstration. am scared ,pls doctors help us
I've had similar issues...started years back as a burning sensation after sex (noticed it was usually worse after consuming alcohol...and beer for that matter, not liquor or wine).  Would have to sit on the toilet and drink water continuously until it went away.  Very annoying.  Went to a urologist, he checked my prostate, said it was a little inflamed and tried to give me some antibiotics.  I tried that round and it didn't work, so I never went back for a follow up.  This problem persisted for years and I just managed it by avoiding beer and drinking lots of water.

In addition, there have been two occasions where after sex with my wife, my penis would be red, inflamed and rashy looking with a severe itching and burning sensation.  It would take a week to clear up and leave dry scaly patches all over my penis (mostly around the circumcision scar) that would eventually go away.  That happened years ago, oddly enough right before the burning urination after sex popped up.

I've been clear for the past year or so of all symptoms until recently.  Had the rash on the penis again.  Bottom line, I've done a lot of research and here is the conclusion I've come to.  Any experts please comment on the logic of this.

The original rash on the penis was a yeast infection that I contracted from  my wife.  That yeast eventually cleared up, but also may have infected my prostate, resulting in prostatitis which has been causing the urination burning after sex (prostate swells during ejaculation and if it is already inflamed due to infection, it can constrict the urethra causing the urge to pee and burning while peeing).  It can also be worsened by alcohol and the only reason I can think beer made it worse is that it fills the bladder more, resulting in more severe symptoms.  

Women can carry yeast infections without knowing it.  My recent occurrence of the rash on the penis seemed to come and go with my wife's menstrual cycle.  It would happen about a week before her period, most likely when her pH levels are higher and the yeast is more active due to the high pH and warmth.  Then it would clear up in a few weeks and happen again the next month.  She's been pregnant or nursing for about 6 years now, so I think most of that time she wasn't having an active menstrual cycle so that is what I'm guessing is the reason this has been occasional and not persistent.

My wife and I are going to try to avoid sex for a few weeks and both treat for yeast (her oral and me topical on my penis).  Hopefully that works.  I have a feeling it will.  I feel like I've finally put the puzzle together.  
And to add another thing...antibiotics can make yeast infections worse.  It seems as though doctors always prescribe antibiotics and that can make things worse.  That's probably why most of you are not improving from antibiotic use.

So be careful and look at yeast.  That may be the cause of your prostatitis.
i have dealt with this stinging after ejaculation problem for years... since i was a virgin, I have found that i am only effected after i drink alcohol, even if i only have a few drinks the stinging will occur, if i drink alot at night and wake up and have sex immediately the stinging will occur, if however i drink plenty of water while and after drinking alcohol this is much less likely to occur. Also drinking water will cut down the length of stinging, i normally chug as much as possible in between urination. This has happened to me rarely while not drinking alcohol but usually if i stop and think back its at a time when i haven't been drinking much water. In conclusion my advice is to drink alot of water and don't masturbate or have sex while drinking alcohol.
im the user blessssfull but to lazy to look up password but since my last post i axidently posted twice i cant rember where i read it but if you wait till u have to pea pretty bad but not to bad u know either way wait till u have to pea and then have sex or ur masterbation (masturbation) or what ever and you dont get the symptoms of burning and if so not enough to bother u but the more you goto pea the less you feel it HOPE IT HELPS good luck but like on my other post if u feel it take a hot shower for 5 to 10 minutes u shouldnt feel after that
lol found the password and didnt erase to user blessfull part
i have the same problem mine feels like theres something stuck and it occures mostly after ejaculation but sometimes i can kinda feel it but its nothing like when i *** mine get bad wher it sreally irratating i found that taking a shower switching from hot to cold and i do mean cold hel;ps to relive the pain what is this it has me concerned and does anybody else out there have ball pains
I have had this problem pretty much since I started masturbating but it was an occasional thing and so I havent really pinpointed any real causes.

I do agree that peeing before sex is a sure fire method of encouraging it and I also have spent much time on the toilet trying to get what is in there out.

PLEASE READ as this might help you guys get some instant relief. It may sound strange but it might help some of you get some sleep.

I stumbled on this during one of my maddening bout of burning and it usually works quite well. If you roll onto your shoulders with your knees either side of your ears, (almost as though you were trying to kiss your penis). I usually support my lower back against a wall. Then massage the urethra from anus to the middle of your penis then push the whole penis back between your legs. massage for about a minute massaging the area well and pushing your penis in various directions  then go pee, it relieves all the burning sensation....well it does for me.

It sounds crazy I know and it shows how irritated I was by this that I went to such lengths but I really felt something was stuck and untill it came out I wasnt getting any rest.

Give it a try and let me know if it works for you too. For older less flexible gents I have found kneeling on all fours and doing the same massaging can help but it is not such a sure fire method for me to relieve this burning.
I have suffered this discomfort many times for many years and have time after time concluded that it has something to do with being dehydrated. I have no std's, yet this sensation returns on an unpredictable basis. Often times the day after a night of drinking. I wish there were a better remedie, but as of yet I can only find relief in consuming a large quantity of water and waiting until Im able to take a good long ****.
I've experienced the same thing for years... burning urethra after ejaculation, sitting on the can til it all basically dribbles out to eventually pushing and shaking the last drops out until the sensation is gone.  If I look down in the toilet, there's lots of bubbles floating in the toilet for whatever reason.  Of course, if you have some sort of discoloration, you've got a different issue.  But if all is clear, and there's bubbles in the water, and the sensation clears after dribbling, we're probably all talking about the same thing.  Here's an observation however that may help solve this.... about a year ago I cut out coffee all together, and didn't even realize that during the past year, now that I really think about it, I never had a problem no matter how often I orgasmed, whether I pee before or after, or anything.  The reason I started researching again today is because it started burning tonight, BUT, I did have some coffee today because of a very early work appointment.  For me, I think this has some serious correlation and I'm just gonna do without coffee entirely.  I have a feeling coffee changes the chemistry or doesn't let it all purge correctly, and gets all hung up in there somehow.  It may be coffee that's doing it, or the caffeine, or it's something else you take in that's similar, but I'm almost certain now the solution is in our diet.  If you've ruled out everything else like I have, it's the only other variable I haven't thought of... I may just have found the true fix that works for me... you may want to see if it works for you all as well.  Take care guys!
I just had this problem today.As soon as I try to ****. I got a burning sensation which *****! Now I just don't want to **** anymore until it goes away. Because it burns so freaken bad!! I ate alot of junck food, been drinking coffee & staying up late. I really don't see how this a burning sensation. I get it right at the tip, Today drinking only water now and see what happens.  Any help would be great.

i have this issue as well. it could be from frequent masturbation, i'm 18 and have been jerking it since i discovered it at age 12. after today, i'm stopping. i had a UTI earlier this year but it lasted about a week. i'm also a virgin

but earlier today i was examining my penis and saw a small mark on the bottom of the shaft, about midway down. it's black and resembles a pencil mark. i'm freaking out. should i be?
FINAL SOLUTION, PEOPLE

#1  This is not an STD
#2  This is caused more by masturbation than by intercourse
#3  Alcohol increases the possibility of pain by 80%

It's quite simple.  You are rupturing your unrinal tract by over-zealous masturbation and the presence of alcohol decreases urine PH, increasing the chance of burning yourself.  Pain normally lasts for half an hour but could be longer.  It can be soothed by painkillers and bodily position.

To Prevent:

#1  Never masturbate when you have consumed alcohol
#2  Never masturbate when you are not fully erect
#3  If you are unsure, fight the urge!!  (get a girlfriend)

To Ease the pain:

#1  Drink water (not loads, just enough to rehydrate yourself).
#2  Take painkillers  (ibuprofen is most effective).
#3  Adopt a 'kneeling' position  (DO NOT lie down or sit down).
#4  DO NOT urinate until the pain has gone.

The most effective position to adopt is kneeling with one knee down and the other foot flat, and do anything to take your mind off it for the next 20-30 minutes.  Browse the net/read/watch TV etc....

I hope this makes life more comfortable for you all.....:)
FINAL SOLUTION, PEOPLE

#1  This is not an STD

To Prevent:

To Ease the pain:

I recently started having this problem. 2 Days ago I lost my virginity to a expensive escort I met online. I used a condom (Latex one) which was lubricated. Even during the oral the condom was on. The whole thing lasted for about 10 minutes tops!

I never ever had this burning feeling in my tip before, but the first time I had sex and this issue happens. I was afraid it might be an STD but reading all the comments I doubt it is since i used a condom throughout. I used to enjoy masterbating (masturbating) before I had sex for the first time, but now I am so depressed that something is not right.

I was hoping to see a urologist about this but seeing all the comments made me not wanting to know as it seems pointless. I never ever had a single drop of Alcohol in my body, so that cant cause that.

Although I have been consuming lot of Ginger Ale, but even then it was fine before, but right after sex BAM!

Common there's gotta be someone who knows the solution!
Im  16 years of age, and i have the same problem as some of you do. The tip of my penis burns like ******* hell after ejaculation. I have no idea what to do, i know it is NOT an STD because i have not have sex. I have noticed that the severity of this problem is often resolved before hand when drinking water, juice or milk.I actually have this burning sensation as i type. Very uncomfortable.  For me i believe it is a lack of nutrients. I have not been to a doctor mainly because i don't have insurance. Though I hope doctors find out exactly what is causing this so we can all fix the problem and move on without having to worry about this discomfort.
man o man im glad to see im not the only one,
i was hella tripping about it,
i had sex with this female and i didnt use a condom and it turns out shel *** u if she thinks ur cute, so knowing tht i started thinkin she gave me a freakin STD, i was hella mad lol, but damn it *****, feels like i have to **** but nothin comes out, and it stings/burns, someone should really research this and find out why it happens and for a way to avoid it, or atleast prescribe pain pills for the people who get it cuz damn it hurts hela bad when it happens
Im 21 and only masturbated twice just because im told it is bad to masturbate i avoid it. But this time, i was too horney like the first time and did it. First time when i did it, half a year back i felt some pain in my head and it went away quickly. I was afraid but then forgot it.

Now recently, i did it again and nothing like that happend but right after i ejaculated, i felt this burning sensation not just at the tip but almost all way down there even in the balls. After then i felt the urge to pee. But it did not persist and just went away in like half a min. Everything was normal then.

But i personally think the most important point is to completely empty your penis from any remains of urination before sex/masturbation. Im not sure but once you are finished peeing, press your penis down at the base of shaft and you'll spurt out more drops out of the penis. Reading those comments i have a feeling that this will work. I will try but maybe because of religion thing i might wait till i have actual chance.
I am in a state of pure irony right now.

The tip of my penis is burning right now (I jacked off an hour ago, 3am my time - somehow I got the idea that jacking off before sleeping would be a good idea) and the feeling is unbearable. I must have drunk 2 litres of water since this started. I have urinated once and the sensation has reduced a slight bit since then but it is still not normal. At the same time, I am feeling relieved that there are so many of us and so it is not something which is chronic or a STD.

Still, I wonder, just what causes this? How do I make sure that the next time I have sex, I don't experience this again?
Just wanted to add. This, from the wiki page and a citation.

Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_prostatitis/chronic_pelvic_pain_syndrome#Nerves.2C_stress_and_hormones
Citation: http://www.jurology.com/article/S0022-5347%2805%2961681-3/abstract

Overall 128 men were classified as NO, 106 as Nvar, 137 as Yvar and 115 as YES. There was a progressive increase in baseline National Institutes of Health-Chronic Prostatitis Symptom Index total score (modified to exclude post-ejaculatory pain) from 18.5 for the NO subgroup to 25.5 for the YES subgroup (p <0.0001). Mental and physical quality of life were also progressively lower from the NO to the YES subgroup (p <0.001). There were no significant differences in white blood cell count or bacterial growth in urine, prostate fluid or semen among subgroups. Men in the YES subgroup were younger, more likely to live alone, had lower income and a greater variety of sexual practices than those without ejaculatory pain (NO subgroup).
Very interesting, I have the same burning, etc.,etc., however,even now I'm waiting for more medical test results, since I was concerned that whatever it is I must rule out all the same things everyone has.
The only difference is my pain started during and after I rode my bike.
So, it seems to me, that pressure, and possibly diet, and finding no cure, it must be from compressed nerve endings.
Which includes sex, and masturbation. If no one has an STD, yeast infection, on massive doses of powerfull meds, it has to be nerve endings. My UA showed a very small amount of microscopic blood, that could be from both the bike ride's and/or masturbation.
To much protein from meats and fish will cause many problems, if you notice foaming urine that may also cause burning.
Last, coffee makes you pee, to much acid from your diet, that includes the cure-all used often such as cranberry juice, that can make the burning worse. Solution, advil, if anxious, take Ativan or xanax...it takes your mind away from thinking and feeling the discomfort..at least for a few days.
Some times the answers you want, such as a pill to stop the burning is not possible. All the meds in the world will not reverse nerve ending pain, until you forget about it.
It will stop, but only when you stop thinking that something must be wrong that only a doctor can cure. While writing this my pain stopped, it came back when I thought about it....hmmmm.
Here is a link I liked about Prostatis.  I was just curious about my symptoms and looked this up.  I was recently treated for an acute Prostatis episode that resulted in fever, chills, etc... Seems very useful: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/prostatitis/DS00341

It lists some things to avoid ( alcohol, caffeine, and spicy or acidic foods amongst others) and other solutions.

Sincerely,
A Nurse

I am 47 and have been having this problem ever since having unprotected sex with a partner about 15 years ago.  I have read that excessive caffiene, alcohol and nutrisweet can irritate the urethra and cause this.  Also, zinc...which your body will use at a high rate when sexually active is essential to good prostrate health.  

My question for this forum is how many of you drink alot of coffee or alcohol?  I for one, have a few drinks per night and usually a few cups or more of coffee each day.  There is certainly a commonality among us here that cant be medically detected...but with a large forum like this may be narrowed down to a diet issue perhaps?  When I think back...that was the time in my life where I started getting less sleep per night and I started drinking much more caffiene to make up for it.  

Thoughts?

Thoughts?
Boy! am  I glad to see that i am not the only one. I was really getting worried lately. For me this problem started some 2-3 months ago. and i am 22 now. I will surely take the above suggestions into consideration, but please let me know if there is anything else that could help this condition.
I have the same issue.  It feels like the tube running thru my penis was swabbed with menthol. It doesn't hurt. But I know it is there.  I thought it was an STD and got a z pack (azythromyicin) and it actually got worse.  Niw I feel it after an ejaculation.  This forum is the only place where I have seen anything like this.  I thought I was crazy for worrying about it.
wow. as many before me have said, I hve the same symptoms. I was in a 20 year relationship. First time I had sex after (unprotected) it started burning at the opening of my penis and down the bottom of it. I also had a sore throat from day 5 post for 3 days. I was thinking that I am erally sensitive to yeast and maybe the throat thing was thrush. As everyone, all test came back negative, antibiotics, antifungal, no change. The guy who said too much coffee is interesting. I have been drinking a lot, but I have dome that before without symptoms. I HATE the in-your-head diagnosis. in a new relationship and am scared to death to give her something!!!
I dont know if this helps ive left 2 other post but im not sure but ive had Hidronefrosis so i dont know if its from that but i think the real problem is caffine im 14 and have been drinking a 2 liter of dr.pepper a day YA YA YA i know your gonna die or your gonna get Diabetes ive herd it all im just sayin i dont drink coffee but i get ALOT of sugar and all that bad stuff so im gonna lay of soda for 2 weeks and see if it helps if so i will make a post on if i get MEGA BURN (what i call it when people ask me what im crying about in the bathroom hehehehe ) so i will tell everyone if its caffine
I have absolutely no doubt that most of the time this due to not clearing all the semen/fluids during ejaculation.

I've had this problem on and off for 20 years. Occasionally on ejaculation a severe burning around the tip of the penis occurs. Not properly reaching erection or being tired will seriously increase the chances of this. Any significant alcohol intake within hours before ejaculation will significantly increase your chances of the problem (for me, it's an almost 100% guarentee to get the problem even if I have not had the problem in the last year. This pretty well rules out STDs or other infections as the cause. It also leads me to the conclusion that the ultimate cause of the problem could be the prostate and the fluid it produces. Alcohol intake causes enlargement of the prostate in many people).

Urinating immediately after ejaculation is usually a danger. You would think this would help cure the problem but the opposite effect is the most likely outcome. I've come to the conclusion that urine mixed with semen causes some sort of coagulation of the semen.

If the burn does begin you might as well sit on the toilet and urinate as it helps relieve the symptoms (and by that point you're going to have to live through it anyway).

Three things that will help you avoid the problem:

1. Exercise (jogging) - I cannot stress this enough - if you jog a couple of miles per day I'd give you a better than 50/50 chance that you will no longer have this problem. I think this has a lot to do with prostate health (and if you are also suffering from prostate problems it is a miracle cure).

2. After ejaculation reach around the right and left side of the testicles (around where the scrotom reaches the groin) and massage gently. Not for long, but you will find that this will move residual semen out to where it should be.

3. After ejaculation do NOT be sedentary. Get up and move around. Believe it or not the simple act of kneeling down will seriously help you to get the remainder of the semen out (on occasion you will find that you can actually feel remaining semen move out at the moment you kneel down or even cough).

The symptoms seem like your semen or urine is extremely acidic causing a burn. I believe this is an illusion and the problem is really that your uretha is being irritated (note that I do not rule out an acid problem as the cause but for most of us I do not believe it is the cause of the burning sensation).

The number one thing that will help you resolve this problem is a regular jogging routine, so try it. You might even get fit in the meantime =)
The problem is washing detergent allergy. I had a sore tip of the penis and urethra that gradually got worse to the point of infection. There was even puss coming out of my penis. This persisted for about a year. Made me have the urge to pee a lot and gave me a sore bladder. After going to my primary care a few times getting antibiotics and getting checked for std's... She finally referred me to a urologist. He suggested a few things that I need to try and rule out. The only thing that applies was to use hypoallergenic washing detergent. I washed all my clothes, especially underwear over and over several times with just water to get the old detergent out. Now I wash with only purex hypoallergenic, no fab softer and no clorox 2. Just purex and regular clorox on whites. Slowly but surely the issue went away and hasn't been back in over 9 months. Hope this helps!
In addition to my solution above... My issues always got worse when I would sweat. This allowed the detergent to flow more easily into my penis to cause irritation.
wow, im not the only one!

ive had this for about 5 years now. not everytime, in fact i hadnt had it for about 6 months until the other night. burning sensation in my john thomas and a sudden urge to pee. I find drinking half a litre of water and then waiting for 30 minutes before peeing helps. peeing immediately afterwards is a big no no - makes it agonizing.

I try jumpin up and down, not because i want to, because i have to as the urge to urinate as soon as it happens is so strong - i have to jump whilst holding it in!

i may try zinc. Ive also developed another problem where i constantly have the subtle urge to pee 24x7, which isnt helping matters and the doc hasnt got a clue apart from filling me up with anti biotics.

also, i drink stupid amounts of coffee.

Surely this has to be a known medical condition? - dont doctors masturbate too? :)
I have the same problem, but ive noticed it only happens when im dehydrated, and find that, when it happens, if i drink a good amount of water. Now obviously this is merley and observation, and it could well be that the water dilutes acidic stomach content or somthing like that, but regradless it helps. Try drinking the daily recomended amount of water, and like in say if symtoms (symptoms) appear after ejaculation try drinking a healthy amount of water, and see if it helps. The reason for the stinging, i would presume, is the acidic residue that remains in the eurethra after ejaculation, and thats why urination sooths the sting. A bit like cold water numbs a burn, but when you remove the burn from the water, the pain comes back.
I have the same problem, but ive noticed it only happens when im dehydrated, and find that, when it happens, if i drink a good amount of water the symptoms subside very quickly. Now obviously this is merley and observation, and it could well be that the water dilutes acidic stomach content or somthing like that, but regradless it helps. Try drinking the daily recomended amount of water, and like in say if symtoms (symptoms) appear after ejaculation try drinking a healthy amount of water, and see if it helps. The reason for the stinging, i would presume, is the acidic residue that remains in the eurethra after ejaculation, and thats why urination sooths the sting. A bit like cold water numbs a burn, but when you remove the burn from the water, the pain comes back.
mudder5 - All doctors are wankers haha!!
Im a 25 yr old male and have had this problem for as long as i can remember, i used to get it at all the time when i was sitting down doing school/homework! it made school hell, i could never concentrate and never get comfortable! i still get the problem now but not as often.
When i was 14/15 i went to the doctors about it and i was diagnosed with a urine infection (cystitis/ i too thought only girls got it) I was on a short dose of antibiotics which as i remember did absolutely nothing.  
The main problem it causes for me nowadays is that my girlfriend doesnt really believe the problem exists and thinks im just making excuses for not wanting sex at times......believe me, thats not the case. I still get really frustrated when it happens but its not the worst condition u could have

I think the best ways to deal with it are:
1. As soon as u feel the symptons coming on drink at least a pint of water with some ibuprofen, u need to drink plenty water to flush things through.

2. Put ur penis in a glass of cold water!   SERIOUSLY!!!!! i find this helps sooth the pain aswell as making it easier to pee when ur ready!

3. try ur best not to get frustrated with it and keep ur mind on something else, as with any medical or even social problem, thinking about it will only make it worse!

and remember, this isnt a life threatening illness or anything that is going to ruin ur life, the occasional half hour of discomfort is a fairly mild ailment to have. just be thankful ur **** hasnt fallen off!
ive seen a consultant about this and a constant urge to urinate. hes one of the top 10 urologists in the UK. he gave me a full examination and says it is a swollen and inflammed 'seminal vescicle'.  painful, but not serious. he has simply told me to take neurofen with milk for 4-6 weeks....! he says it is an anti inflamatory and should clear up after this amount of time.

I don't think so it is STD but i believe you have an inspection to your penis. I would suggest to consult a doctor.
The answer to this is your penis hasn't fully got rid of all the *** after a ejaculation or Intercourse, there is no STD no need for medication, I know this by testing it I'm 21 10 inch penis it seems to only happen when I don't fully jerk out every drop of *** and when I pee after cumming, it gets mixed with my ****, thus creating the burning sensation you all feel.
I saw this post a while back when I was trying to find my problem on google.  I was freaking out and I was really scared to get checked out and find out something was really wrong with me.  My symptoms consisted of:

-Mild burn when urinating/ejaculating
-occasional white discharge [kinda like a thicker precum]
-slight discomfort in testicals
-slight redness at tip of penis

I decided to get checked out because I thought I had a UTI from a previous girlfriend.  Turns out I had caught a common STD known as Chlamydia.  This may not be the case for all of you however, it could be the case for some.  Chlamydia is very easily treated if you treat it on good time.  It also very commonly doesn't show symptoms so you may not have known if your partner had it.  I suggest you just get yourself checked out and tested because I'm halfway through my medication course and I've seen good results.
i think it is the masturbating thing .... seems like when you masturbate i.e when you are not truly feeling it you tend to ejaculate, although not forcefully, when you are going to pee you are trying to get the sperm out heres the mental mess, the reason you are doing it cause when you ejaculated shortly before since you were not into it that much your body did not push out like it normally does.... so you go to the washroom pushing and what happens is you  push out thinner acidic liquid pushing through a thick slimy coat of fluid... that feeling is the burning sensation...

now heres the real messed up stuff... if you masturbate like me, which is about once a day i'd say bout 5 times  week... sometimes you do it a couple times within the same hr or so... you kind of get the idea of the burning feeling .... so today i was sitting with a girl friend and i pretty much had a hard on the whole night ... we both knew what we wanted but didn't want to have sex on this date... n e ways long story short, i probably got hard multiple times, and a lil ejaculation is normal... not fully unloading but cause you are getting aroused .. so my penis was prob coating with sperm in frequent intervals... i was drinking tonight a bit ... so went to the washroom regularly ,,, but towards the end of the night i guess i must have dried up ... and all of a sudden the same feeling like i had to pee... so i drank a glass of water ... and waited went and peed a li helped a lil... waited and teh girl wa slike whats going on so i told her i felt a burning in my penis that ended any sort of mood i kinda got freaked out as well ... so i told her that its best that we didn't have sex as if we did and this happened after itd be kinda ******... so i left .. both of us very freaked out... caught a cab home and well that glass  of water made it through my system... took a strong ****.. and now i am fine,,,, still a lil sensation cause the longer you take to flush that liquid out the longer it will burn,... basically URINE TRYING TO PUSH THROUGH SPERM, LIKE DRANO THROUGH YOUR PIPES>> YOUR PIPE IS JUST FEELING THAT >... neways pissed feel refreshed and good for another hard on,.. thinking bout watching some porn... sorry girls i am a guy... damn i could have been chilling with that girl... so i sat here thought chek google out ofr answers for my symptoms.. ran intothis website read a few articles... and the guys who are feeling it after they masturbate and feel like peeing ,... in my personal opinion have it mostly correct .... i am no doctor and i have not been tested for stds .. again that is .. its been a while... but i recognise that feeling ... and if i wasn't under the influence of alcohol and substance ,,, i may have figured it out ,a dn spent more time with this gilr in the late night ... but hey ... what can you do .... hope this helps.... just though the pipe theory kinda made the most sense.... as my sex life is pretty much nil...
sorry didn't read RosenRot's answer.. he right exactly....
in my opinion ... no med or nothing,,,,
Hi guys , in my case its something similar to alot of yours before the pain started i was tested for all kinds of STI`s including blood tests for peace of mind and came back completly CLEAR ! but a few weeks later i relived myself and felt a spasm and suffered from a pain on my left side since ... i went home from university over christmas and seen my girlfriend so needless to say it had no rest .. but it seems to have gotten worse .. can anyone clarify that this is just over use as im still worried ???
Guys same problem etc etc.
I used to get the problem most regularly when i drank caffeinated drinks. I dont drink them anymore atall, because they tend to upset my stomach.
The time I get it most nowadays is after I've been to the gym, or drank alcohol.
my theory is, that as others have said, it's caused by dehydration.
caffeine and alcohol are diuretics, i.e they cause your kidneys to kick out more urine into the bladder.
by working out at the gym, im becoming dehydrated.
What I don't agree with though is the theory that its urine causing the sensation, I urinate every day sometimes if i haven't had much to drink it can be pretty strong, but it never burns.
The prostate produces a weak alkaline chemical, this is mixed into the semen to help its survival chances once it gets inside the harsh acidic evironment of the vagina (no kidding).
when the body gets dehydrated it scavenges available water from when its "not needed" and re-distributes around the body.
I think water is being removed from the prostate, causing the alkaline substance to become more concentrated. when this is mixed into the semen and "shot out", it burns the areas it comes into contact with. if its during sex, generally its going to be with more vigour than during mast. meaning less is left in there. I think the reason for wanting to pee is to do with either your body reacting to irritation in the urethra, or because the sphinctor at the entrance to the bladder is being irritated, and again your body is trying to stop this with the tools it has available.
no idea why only us get this problem though- overly sensitive?
I would like to test the ph of my semen both when normal and when im having discomfort to see if it is any higher. ill keep you posted.
its from the alcohol...i have the same problem...and 90% of the time its when im intoxicated
I have the same issue and have spent over$ 3000 in doctor bills combating this issue. No antibiotics have worked its been almost 3 years does anyone have a clue?
After reading pretty much every post, Ive come to few conclusions. I am 22 and have had this problem for a couple of years now. After ruling out STDs and other infections (UTI) I decided to change my lifestyle. I have been an avid drinker since I hit college, and havent stopped pounding those drinks. I stopped excersing, ate irregularly, and exponentially mastubated. Just like all things in life cannot be taken for granted, neither can these. The smaller solutions include drinking more fluids (neutral to alkalinic), regularly peeing, eating healthy foods, excercise adaquately, cut down on dem' beers, and the most important (for me at least) is to ejaculate when the time is right. That entails having an outer stimulus from another being (hopefully human). Avid masturbation may irritate your junk, empty your semen supply, and result in a dry, half-assed ejaculate. Like all things in life..... BALANCE Man! you cannot have too much of a good thing.

I am tingling/annoying/burning-feeling free :) I hope you will be too
I get this problem & its not an STD as I've been tested
I dont drink or do drugs so rule that out lifestyle as my cause
Note: It is not only due to peeing after ejaculation, it can also happen after ejaculation with either a slow or rapid onset. Although It does make you feel like U need to pee which ususally makes it sting more. It can range from mild to very discomforting

I feel that it is due to
- having semen still in your pipework after sex or masturbation
- having too much of a good thing as it never happens to me if I don’t over do it. (ejaculate too frequently)
-This may sound a bit technical but here we go. Once the sperm find the egg, they fight to break through the egg's outer wall (the zona pellucida). It takes dozens, sometimes even hundreds of sperm cells, to release their enzymes which help "eat away" at that wall. To an extent this is also happening to the pipework in your love stick. & the more you ejaculate the more it can be irritated by our swimmers enzymes. I’m not a doctor but that’s my thoughts

Cures
- if you start to sting drink a heap of water (1 or 2 ltr). Hold it in as long as you can & after you pee it out you will be cured, works for me :)   Just don’t get greedy & try to go again.

- panadine forte stop it (if you can get them I have these for migraines). If I drop 1 when it start to sting the pain will be gone in about 20-30 mins. I do not recommend you do this as a preventative measure, more a no fuss approach to getting rid of a problem

Hope this helps
I just started having this problem since last night... I have read a bit of the thread and it doesn't look like its curable, which is freaking me out..

Just so you all know, I have never had sexual intercourse but last night I got very drunk and may have held off from going to the toilet when I should have.. I finally did and when I got home I masturbated.. It was only after I ejaculated that I experienced this burning pain. And it still hurts at the tip when I touch it, like its infected.
I don't know if its because of the alcohol or because I didn't go to the toilet when I was supposed to. I had a mix of drinks last night. Spirits, whisky, rum... all mixed with coke. So I'm guessing it was also very acidic in the end because of them.

Someone please let me know if this is something that will pass or do I need to see a GP?
yeah.. i'm guessing its because of the alcohol... I had it for the first time last night,.
I had the same problem,however after many litters of cranberry juice it went away:):):):)):heard from someone its the bacteria in u.channels....
good luck
hi

i have also burning sensation on my pennis tip from last 6 months. ... i have done all STD blood test in aug 2010 ,all was normal.. only clymedia at border level... after that i had doxclyine for 10 days.. but it did not have any impact... after that again went for blood test then clymedia was cleared... but problem still there.. so i shown to dymotrologist(skin specialist) have some red marks on pennis tip... so he told may be skin infection so he given me eclospan... but problem not fixed.. so in december i went to urologist .. he asked for sperm culture test.. and give me antiboytic.. it little bit fixed ... when i having antiboytic.. but problem still here.. so in feb starting.. after 6 months ...i again went for all STD test(blood test)... all are negative..... but i still facing problem ... can any one suggest me solution... because its feeling like hell.......
I notice I have this problem too. Although, the burning feeling in the tip of the penis is actually just a tingle. It goes away after a bit of time, but I notice that after I begin sex with new partner this starts up again. STD screening all negative. For me, there is no discomfort during urination or ejaculation. Just the tingle.

Doctor's notes: a woman's flora could be the culprit. Different levels of yeast and bacteria can irritate the penis and urethra. Also, semen, and what I call pre-*** which I produce a lot during foreplay can dry up and irritate inside the penis. Men can also get yeast infections and urinary tract infections as easily as women. If STD test come back negative practice good hygiene after sex, and pee after sex. Don't *** if you have to pee first. If a man has a yeast infection taking antibiotics can make the problem worse before it gets better as all the good bacteria will be killed along with the bad.
i am now experiencing this burning sensation but it started atleast a weak after my sexual encounter sunday past i had some fish and that next day ive been heading to the bathroom to use the toilet so it might be a symptom of some food poisoning
I too suffer from this burning sensation after I have ejaculated. It's more or less a burning feeling which also gives me the sensation that I have to go to the bathroom. Usually the burn hurts more just after I have relieved myself but I have acquired some tricks that maybe helpful to others. After I have ejaculated, and I get the feeling of the burn or tingle in my prostate I end up using he bathroom but here's the first think you do, when are peeing Do NOT force or push he stream along, let it come out slowly and wait til you are completely finished, this is critical because I find that the pushing worsens the problem. After that you might still have this sensation of a burn and still feel you have to pee, but you don't so don't try to use the bathroom again becuase you will certainly have to force any urine out. Next. Try applying pressure to your prostate gland to help close off the gland that you opened to ejaculate. The cause of our problems are more or less inflamed prostates. Some problems can not be fixed by medications and many man live with this problem. Though it is wise to always get yourself checked, I believe that most guys here ate suffering from inflamed prostate.These steps usually help or stop the burn or pain for me. I do not have an STD I have been with one person my entire life and I am a 24 yrs old. Remember when you have the burn and you feel you need to urinate do not force tour stream let it do the work and wait til Ur empty do not push it only.makes it worse and second apply some pressure to your prostate to relieve the pain and close off your gland. Hope this helps!
Oh and a few more things, don't rush to climax, your straining urself, don't masturbate when you don't already have a hard on, its best to be aroused before, pee before and make sure u get everything out because urine is very acidic, try not to masturbate more than once within 24 hrs so you can heal, and go easy, its not a speed contest and you don't need a death grip to enjoy urself, plus it feels better when u take your time and you will produce more sperm which gives u more sensation during ejaculation and a little longer too. Plus when Ur naturally aroused instead of inducing a hard on, your penis fara larger, so its not only beneficial for your pleasure to floor these precautions but it is also preventative action against the burning.
Hey guys I know I must be guy #587 with this problem. I am 18 and a virgin so its definitely not an std related issue. Though I too have done research and have found that the one main solution is to drink lots of water and stay away from a dominate caffeine drink habit. This, like many have said, causes an increase in acidic urine which is believed to play a main role in this crisis after ejaculation. Glad to know there others out there with the same annoying, frustrating and incurable pain.
Thanks alot guys
Hi. I suspect some people here may have what I have, XMRV. It is a retrovirus that has been classified by some as a neuroimmune disease. If you google it, you will find a lot of information. It is a newly discovered disease that appears to be transmitted in much the same way as HIV. It has been found to be linked to prostate problems, genital pain, GI problems, autoimmune disease, Interstitial Cystitis, pain/neuropathy, and chronic fatigue. You may have tested negative for everything but not for XMRV. Doctors really should not be telling people that they are disease free and that they shouldn't worry. This is a serious, debilitating STD that you can pass along to someone you love. You can get tested for XMRV at VIPdx, a lab in Nevada. However, XMRV is so new to the field, that there have not yet been clinical drug trials. There are 3 antiretrovial HIV medications that inhibit the virus in vitro but we don't yet know if they will be effective treatments. We must all strive to persevere until we find answers and relief from our suffering.
- John
guy's im not a medical person or anything im 22 and i have unprotectd sex alot like 3 to 4 times i get this feeling alot after sex ,but i think it is just *** stuck inside the penis and thats wat makes it burn you just have to drink heaps off water so u can **** it out ,im sitting on the toliet right now waiting and drinking water at the same time anyway thats my thoughts cause it works 4 me ,hope this helpd
the antibiotics may have not been strong enough or the right one. Sometimes STDs take time to show up on a test (weeks or months) but you could still have symptoms you should ask your doc to treat you for a std just in case
My question is how many of you pin your penis with its head up to avoid irritating drops of urine spilling out into your underwear. I finally found this technique and then I started getting burning during ejaculation. My guess is as mentioned above acidic urine backed up in penis combined with sensitivity during ejaculation = pain.
Well first time i see someone has this problem too :)
At first i thought it is something like stones in urinating system. But now i agree with swolen prostate. Anyway, it does not make any difference because for me some massage down my belly helps. Like someone mentioned before.
Another thing i noticed, sometimes it is infection (well i have to admit there was a time i could not wash myself every day), so in this case drinking water to clean it helps. And by the way, soap hurts me too, so i try to wash myself with only water down there.
Sometimes i forget about stinging for a long time, and then (like yesterday) BAM, wtf?!!!? and here i am. Read a bit, today repeated masturbation because i felt like i know everything to make it not happen - BAM again. Very mysterious disease or something. But it is so good to know that someone somewhere at the moment got STING too :) No offence :)
Oh, and yesterday was about 2 weeks not masturbating, just heavy drinking two days back with many lemon. Acid is bad, i know now.
I will check this from time to time, maybe someone finds weak spot of the mighty sting.
Found the solution. For me anyway. Jalapeno peppers. If I had them within 4 days. Not kidding. Tested it by staying away from the peppers for two weeks then put one on my burger, and wham, same problem again. Did the test again with the same results. Have now stayed away from the peppers for 5 months and no problems.
I do agree with the many others who say alcohol and coffee might be a common factor here. I noticed it got worse when i was drinking more heavily, but I have always consumed coffee, so i don't know if it changes anything.

My Advice is like others -

don't pee for 30 minutes before and after ejaculation
Dont drink alcohol
Drink water all day long, but not so much before sex that you have to pee during sex.
Im a med student. I know this pain. Its not a STD. If you are not drinking allot of water aka dehydrated this can cause this problem, so drink allot of water if that dont help call a Doctor a urinologist, Acute prosititis can cause these problems. You may need meds for 30days to fix said problem. Please take care and be safe. you all rock, J A soft hearted guy who cares
I have had a problem with the uncomfortable burning for yrs now. I found my prostate was enlarged and did have an infection. I took levaquin 500mg to get rid of it. DO NOT TAKE LEVAQUIN!!! Or cipro related drugs read about the lawsuits side effects!  Anyway! Here I am 15 yrs later and still have the problem. BUT I know tips on getting rid of it! Several things contribute to this pain. The first thing to concentrate on is your digestive health. Constipation or irregularity can cause irritation and swelling of the prostate. I suggest magnesium citrate at least 500 mg a day. It will relax your bowels and stop the pushing that can cause muscle spasms in your lower colon. Also fiber capsules will keep your system loose. You will not only feel less pressure but with a clean colon you also have more energy and less bloating. As in an earlier statement take zinc. But really just get a good mens formula vitamin complex and adjust the magnesium accordingly. If after a week things haven't loosened up either see your doctor or try a liquid mag citrate from your local drugstore. Cherry, lime and grape. Wal greens cvs has it. Don't leave after drinking or your pants the next day will be stinky.  It's powerful stuff. Next I suggest eliminating as much sugar from your diet. Some dyes in drinks can irritate mine. You should also go get a good butt massage from an experienced massage therapist. You will be amazed how tight and sore your gluteus max will be. You can also try leaning half way off a chair corner on the edge  so the pressure can sink into your muscles. There is a connection to all the connecting muscles downstairs. Finally there are prostate stimulative that can help you clear the gland. Don't be to macho to try these. Even get your girlfriend to help. More fun that way. It will help keep it healthier too. I mean firmer. LOL  also that kid that saidnit was wrong to masturbate was wrong. Do it everyday. I'm 42 and it's just the same as when I was 20 because it's healthy. Always make sure it's not something more serious so check with your doctor. If he's not helping try these tips. But heed my warning about these antibiotics. They are extremely dangerous! GOOD LUCK!
I have been trying to figure out this issue for years now.  I run into this issue alot more when im drinking alcohol then anything.  It defiantly has something to do with peeing before sex.  It is the worst becasue if you feel like you have to pee before sex its hard not too.  I made the mistake last night of peeing before sex then i was paying the price afterwards.  There has to b something out there to prevent this issue.  Alot of it has to do with feeling like all the semen doesnt actually always come out.  Then the buring starts it defiantly has to do with pee mixing in with your semen i believe.  Pee has that burny feeling so that makes me think alot of people are right about prostate not shutting off and letting pee in.  Ibprofen defiantly helps the cause but by the time that takes over its been half hour.  Sitting on the toilet shotting out 1oz spurts of **** is just dreading.  This defiantly affects my sex life and is a huge issue.  It makes the women upset casue they dont like seeing someone in the bathroom after sex.  Oh well any help would be great i have seen a urologist and everything seemed good i have been put on antibiotics to no help.  Just seems to be a ongoing issue no one can fix.  Only fix is no liquid in your system at all it seems but thats no fun i drink often.    
More or less same issue.
Had unprotected sex without ejaculating. After a day or two I noticed a sensation in my urethra. It started from the tip of my penis, and over a couple of days spread down the urethra all the way to the prostate (i think). It's at its worst after ejaculating, and It causes me to pee much more frequently. I hadn't noticed any discharge which would suggest an STD, but I'm still worried since it happened after having unprotected sex.
The cranberry Pills work for me. I also take vitamin C as well as Saw Palmetto. Yup, I've got these symptoms as well and with the exception of the burning, have had the symptoms anywhere from 6-8 Years.

I just recently have started to feel the burning sensation just before and after climax and have recently had unprotected sex.

Prostatitis is really tough to live with and apparently very hard to diagnose. I was waking up 10-12 times a night to pee 2 drops. I ran the gamut of tests my urologist could throw at me. Ultimately, I had to find what worked best for me through my own trial and error.

When I have Severe Symptoms I take:

2 - Vitamin C 1000 Mil
2 - Cranberry 1600 Mil
1 - Saw Palmetto 450 Mil

I take those every 4-6 hours until my prostate calms down
Once the symptoms subside I take one of each per day.
I might wake up once a night now. The key to keeping the symptoms at bay for me is to take it regularly and drink a lot of water.
I'd say try out the tea tree oil because it does have numerous benefits.   Apply over the tip of the penis and rub into the slit of your penis's head, (most things aren't absorbed through your skin like iodine for example).  Personally what I've found to help is to refrain from strong-arming yourself when jerking off, avoid scented oils/moisturizers, and be warned taking your time to get off is a good way to up your chances of having this problem.  Peeing a lot after does seem to help but I suppose that takes planning to have that much water in your system to **** it out if it does happen, of course if this whole not peeing 30 min before is valid then that becomes a much harder task to juggle.  Last and hardest suggestion would be to try and see if the sensation goes away shortly after ejaculation, (assuming you know it's a mild case and it could) do your best during this 5-15 min period to refrain from flexing your penis in any way since this only serves to irritate.  Though it sounds commonplace I find if I'm trying to go to sleep during an instance like this I count from 1 to 10 in my head slowly consintraiting as totally as possible on that as you can repeating again and again.  Once you manage to focus on that fully you'll notice a tangible difference in how much pain you feel, (warning don't marvel at how well this works because as soon as you let your mind realize it wasn't consinstating on the pain your in it WILL make sure you realize it again! Another choice that's more in depth but harder to come up with in a pinch is a dream squence you'd want to fall into or something encompassing enough to distract you from it making it much easier to keep you from wondering why you are so actively trying to think of something else.
It definalty has to do with water in your system.  If you are full on beer or water then *** and go pee right away you are dummed to fail.  Try to hold out till u def have to pee take some ibpofen and voilia...
I posted a few times several months ago with very similar symptoms. I stated that I had been diagnosed with Chronic Prostatitis/Pelvis Pain Syndrome in December 2010. This burning sensation was one of the symptoms, although a rare and irregular one. Nearly five months on, my treatment of acupuncture, diet and pelvic stretching have help me a great deal and im 90% better.

I would say based on my experience these burning sensation symptoms are NOT a symptom of prostatitis/CPPS. I say that because I still get this burning sensation and did long before being diagnosed with CPPS, even though all other symptoms have gone away. I actually experienced the burning last week for the first time in about a month - at the time i was dehydrated and also had been drinking a little. I would go with the general consensus that this relates to urine and semen mixing together in the tubes coupled with dehydration.

Why it happens my urologist doesn't know, in fact he doesn't seem to care 'if its been happening for 5 years, once a month, last only 30 minutes, then its not gonna kill you is it?'. Which to be fair to him, is absolutely right.

and believe me, i'd take 'Post ejaculatory burning pain' over chronic prostatitis pain any day (chronic = long lasting), i was off work for quite a while.

that said, prostatitis is so under diagnosed (yet extremely prevalent), it could be an extra symptom but noone really knows.

FYI - chronic prostatitis/cpps wiki - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nonbacterial_prostatitis
i neglected to add, I stopped drinking so much coffee, this helped and reduced burning experiences a great deal.
I suffer from this problem too and am just reading some of the comments on here about bacteria/yeast infections and wonder if there is a link

I suffer from the symptoms of yeast infection (candida) - such as heartburn/skin allergies etc...

Do any others here suffer from Candida symptoms as well as this? Could it be possible that this is just another symptom of candida?
Have you ever shot a gun? Ever heard of clearing the chamber? It means making sure no" ammo" remains. That burning sensation is from left over semen that wasn't cleared from the urinary tract.
I've have exact same symptoms, burning pain and uncontrollable urge to pee after ejaculation. This is not Prostatitis! I have none of the other symptoms of that like i'm certain lots of you don't have too. Anyway I've had it for over 10 years now and run all sorts of self experiments to find the cause with little to no success apart from "well its more likely to happen when I'm drunk"! However, with my experience this year I think I'm getting somewhere now!

My take is:

I'm sure its all about your diet! Let me explain. I went on a low carb alcohol avoiding diet as part of my training (cutting cycle) and during the 4 months I was on it NOT ONCE did I get the burning problem from wanking nearly every day. 2 weeks into now eating a low GL diet richer in carbs (bulking diet) and drinking alcohol @ weekends, BAM one burning sensation in the evening after a LONG wanking session, then BAM the next evening after a short session so no correlation in time spent. Tonight i've done it earlier in the evening and no burning at all. The one meal that I haven't had yet but had on the two night when I had the burning was tuna mayo pasta (no problem there I was eating this while low carbing too but with less pasta), (but here is the key bit I think), followed by TWO SATSUMAS!

Can anyone else link their burning episodes to intake of oranges, other fruit, or maybe even high vit-c containing foods i'm sure there is an answer somewhere around there maybe related to poor alkalining of foods high in acid content or management of vit c excretion in foods..... Maybe if you haven't had an "episode" for a while try eating a whole large orange leave it a couple of hours then go wank and see if you have an episode, or alternatively if you are having constant episodes try cutting out all fruit for just a short while and see if that cures it. Would love to hear anyone elses opinions on this. I'm giving the orange family a dodge for now and see if I get an epsiode will report back in a week or so.
It's citric acid.  You've all obviously consumed a drink or a food that contains it hours beforehand.
If you have tested negative for all STDs and still have a burning penis sensation after unprotected sex... Please read this article... http://www.radcliffe-oxford.com/books/samplechapter/0401/Shah_chpt12-3e04a100rdz.pdf
COFFEE
COFFEE
COFFEE

And beer, its a matter of acidifying your seamen in my opinion.  And dehydration is also a factor.  Coffee will acidify your urine, beer will dehydrate you and produce less of the initial lubricant.  The other thing to consider which is just a hypothesis of mine is body type.  If your a slender guy and have small hips your body may have a sqeezing effect on your prostate (just a guess) cause i suffered from this condition for years now.

All of the suggestions are great in this forum but i would also suggest SLEEPING with a pillow between your knees to increase circulation in your groin or sleep on your back.
But by all means GET TESTED!  
Could just be a common bacterial urinary infection and why live with that when a couple pills could fix it in days right?

I had to make the decision over eatting and drinking unhealthy and facing this NASTY after effect or choosing when i have sex and when i endulge my other senses.

The silver lining here is its a great motivation to live a better, healthier life.  I still experience it from time to time but not NEARLY as much as i used to.
COFFEE
COFFEE
COFFEE

But by all means GET TESTED!  

i am 24 yrs of age i think i have chlamydia, i met my family doctor today and told him that i have itching/burning sensation on tip of my penis and i was gettin small urination for just like it getting over in 3-4 secs max and happening like 3-4 times in an hrs time then after quite hrs gap then again like 2-3 times a day, and told him when i properly urinate it gives burning sensation etc as we all are talking about, and really really i feel something which should not be there cause i feel the itch while i am normal or doing anything so that's wrong n happening for the very first time with me. i had un safe sex with a pros 2 weeks ago and its mayb correctly said we feel about chlamydia,etc after 7 to 21 days of havin sex. i started feeling nowadays about it and just couldnt tell my doc about the sex thing. Still i want to tell you people he gave me three medicines if they are for this then let me know please and if not i would then think to see him again n let him know tht i think i mite hav chlamydia n let him knw about the sex thing. the three medicines he gave me are altraflam, zifexim and oricitral. Would highly appritiate a soon reply on this.
Regards.
It's likely prostatitis or a reflux of semen (not to be confused with seminal reflux).  If urine is cloudy after ejaculation it is likely a reflux.  This is when some of the fluids travel back up the urethra and to the bladder.  I learned this in my urology class just forget the name of it.  And it is quite rare, most doctors never come across it so they won't recognize the symptoms.  
Okay, this is my take on all of this..so many people out there looking for help that Doctors are really just taking a guess with our lives..for those prescribed Cipro, 'just in case' you have an infection, Google Cipro Side Effects, and be rightly horrified..oh, sorry, your doctor just might 'overlook' mentioning this.
For those who think they have an STD, but have been tested for everything under the sun, but all comes back negative, (why, then should a doctor give you a toxic drug,'just in case??')
For those at the end of their tether with this, then Jay743, way back in this thread is right on the money, even tho he didn't come out and say it (fear of liabilty??) Tea Tree Oil is WITHOUT DOUBT the very best solution if you just have inflammation from 'overdoing' it....
HOWEVER, what no one has mentioned is the really painful first few minutes when you first apply it, it hurts real bad, and you question your stupidity for doing this....then several minutes later, a cooling effect, and then, bliss..such incredible relief! And from a natural/safe product...therefore doctors will never endorse it cos they can't make money out of it, plus is not as much fun as prescribing life threatening synthetic chemical drugs which can wipe out your entire immune system. Nearly everyone on here who has followed their doctors advice, well, wouldn't be here if science in all it's arrogance could crush this, would they??....sometimes nature knows best...
Those people saying 'prostatis', in my view are entirely wrong. I have also suffered from real prostatitis, and this is pain from within the groin, and certainly not a external burning/stinging pain on the external head/shaft of the penis, as being discussed here...
I'm experiencing the same problem too, but i think o found the link to it.  Well for me i notice I only have the burning sensation if i had the slightest urge to pee before ejaculation.  When i stop what im doing to get up and pee i notice i don't have this problem, but when i finish up and pee later i get the burning sensation.  This is what i noticed with myself hope it helps.
Out of respect for others, must warn that the tea tree oil 'treatment', the word 'cure' is so abused...really does hurt like hell, and in some instances may make your condition worse? Please use discretion, or seek medical advice beforehand..
It is great to know we are not alone. A lot of my male friends have the same problem. We all went to an urologist to find out after painful tests including one that puts a camera into your penis to see all the way through (I almost pass out) , however, at the end  we were diagnosed with “ Prostatitis” and prescribed antibiotics that never cured the problem. This is my personal experience:
I started to feel this burning after peeing since I was 8 years old, at that time I had the right to cry so my parents took me to the doctor and I was diagnosed with a cystitis without taking any sample or test! Now I think the doctor had no idea what he was talking about. As you can see back on those days I wasn’t masturbating nor even having sex!!! Of course!!! But the feeling was there, it wasn’t  always. It was likely to get it when I was going to pee barefoot and my feet were in contact with cold surfaces or I was exposed to cold weather and then peeing. Being a teenager I went through the same burning experience that everybody describes here,  not so much with masturbation as when I pee, now I am 34 years old, married and since then I am starting to have a more painful feeling after ejaculating every time I have sex. As I said before the doctor told me I had prostatitis but after the medication I was OK for a couple of months then I got it again!  

I know I am not contributing with a cure here, but we are not alone and guys don’t talk about these things that’s why I believe is more common than you believe.

If anybody knows anything natural to cure this problem please email me I will be highly appreciated

I don't believe its an STD, but rather an indication that you are to acidic. I have some questions... does it only happen after ejaculation? Does the irritation occur sometimes slightly in the anal location? And does it start to go away after a bowel movement or pee?
I have had this problem for about 7 years now . It doesnt always happen but when it does happen I can sense it a head of time . I own a business that is 24/7 so i drink tons of iced coffee everyday . In the last month I have cut back on the coffee ( maybe one a day , some times none at all )  and started drinking more water . I originally believed this was happening because of dehydration . But after reading so many posts I decided to try the less coffe and acidic drinks approach. So far so good . I'm kind of a **** , but always have protected sex and get tested frequently so STD's have been ruled out . I know how embarrassing this can be . It's hard to explain to a girl why your in the bathroom for 30 minutes or more  . Specially when your not at your own place . The water and minimal amounts of coffee are working for me very well so far . Hope this helps
I didn't knew that almost all the males have this problem. Even i have this problem, but the thing is i have a medicine as well, from the very first time it happen to me, i went to my family doctor and said about this problem, he just gave me a tonic and said when ever u feel like this take one cup(attached to the medicine bottle) of liquid, fix double amount of water. drink it, don't drink water after that. u will feel release after one or 2 min.
    I know the cause of mine, but i cant say about u all, i feel only when i masturbate more  then 2 times continuously. The liquid is "Disodium Hydrogen Citrate Syrup  " "this is used to maintain physiological alkalinity of blood and urine" this is what my Doctor said..i am happy,, now after having this my sensation goes,,but i don't have symptoms like you all. I don't  have problem of frequent urination. i never had sex with girl. i get this problem only some times when i don't drink lot of water and try to masturbate more then two times continuously.  
I have this same burning sensation.... but i would like to be more clear about it..

I'm experiencing it since 12 yrs...
I experience it only when i give gaps between ejaculations...
Lets say if masturbate daily once, i will never experience this problem. But if i give gap just for 4 days, it will be fire at the tip of my penis. it will last for at least 40 mins. I do not rub or touch the tip will masturbating, i have never had sex with a woman or man. I'm 26 now... Please suggest me some medicine.. please...
Tell me the solution i will help to every one!!!!!!
how to use this .. we need to apply this oil on penis when we get burn ????? please tell the method  
I have had this problem for years and it only went away once the problem was I had a small kidney stone in between the Seminole vessel and the urethera feels like something is stinging in the middle of my groin about were the prostate is located I had to have a lipsitripsy done to remove the stone if this is the problem it will show up with a CT scan or sometimes a ultra sounds I did the whole drug thing and it didn't help at all felt like I still had to pee all the time
I also had someproblem like you guys... I had unprotected with a girl while she was on her perjod and in less than 24 hours I had small red dots onmy penis head.im hopeing its just a infections from her ph levels from her period. Plz help I dont have any idea wat it isan
I have had this problem on and off for a good 3 years or so. It normally happens once i have been drinking alcohol but not always. I have spent a long time thinking about possible correlations and reasons for this but have come up blank. Tonight is the first time i have had in in a couple of months but before that i was getting it maybe once a week, nothing has changed in my diet or lifestyle there is no reason for it that i can see. The whole thing confuses me greatly lol.

As i have no advice to give on how to prevent this from happening all i can suggest are ways of getting rid of it quick as! The best thing i have found to do once the burning and urge to pee has started, resist for 5 mins, i know it is hard. Then let it go. Dont sit there trying to squeeze more out, this only makes it worse and prolongs the suffering. Take your pee then go and chill, watch tv or something, try to take your mind of it. Knowing that my bladder is definitely empty stops me worrying about and i just try and put it to the back of my mind. Within 10 minutes i can feel it subsiding and within 20 i feel nothing at all.

So pretty much biggest bit of advice is not to sit and try and squeeze it out, this will do no good at all, resist the temptation, and trust that it will pay out. I hope this helps :)

I have had this same problem for the last fifteen years. It's gotten so bad now that I'm having a CT scan and a Prostatic Ultrasound w/Biopsy for possible BPH or something.

How many of you guys are circumcised or uncircumcised?
And how many of you ejaculate ALOT or FORCIBLY using lower abdominal and pelvic muscles to squeeze one out?
Try this....when the uncomfortable sensation comes on wrap a warm washcloth around your penis, hold it there for 15 seconds, rewarm it, then re-apply.  After a couple minutes you may get the urge to urinate.  If you do, let it flow.  Usually the uncomfortable sensation should go away after a couple minutes.
I have had this same problem start about 1 month ago. I am a 31 year old male.  It came on suddenly after i was masterbating (masturbating) one night.   I have been in a monogamous relationship for almost 7 years so ive ruled out an STD.  My urine came back fine with only slightly elevated protein but nothing that should be alarming.
My symptoms include:
Always feel like i have to pee a little bit even if i have just gone.
Slow to start stream
Dribbling after stream
Constantly have a slight stingy discomfort at the tip of my penis
Still feels like urine/semen is left in my penis after urinating/ejaculating
Slight redness at the tip after urinatin/ ejactualting
Burning sensation with orgasms

I have been on antibiotics for almost a month with little to no improvement.  So far the diagnosis has been prostatitis.  I have an appt witha  urologist this weekend.  
Does anyone have any input on my situation?  I read this whole thread and the consensus seems to be that there is no real answer.  Any help anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated.  
Hey guys, i also go threw this pain. Ive done expirementing with this problem and i think i know why it happends. One night i ejaculated and got the burning pain. 2nd night happend again. Then i realised that both those nights i wasn't fully erected so i thought that might be the problem so third night i did it again not fully errected just to see and yes it happend for the 3rd night in a row and again the 4th night which concluded my expirement of why it occurs. I wish i knew the solution to this, this might not be the only reason it happends but it is 1 reason. Just wanted to know if thats something youve noticed also. This usualy happends only once or twice a month. But 4 nights in a row..this has to be the cause
I've been thinking about this for a long time, but it happens so random, i haven't found any system. I sometimes can even make that pain by pressing my belly (it is not connected to masturbation sometimes).
My guess so far is small stone in urinary system, or prostate.
Btw i can't freely pee in public toilets (it is easier alone), i sense it is some factor here.
Hi to all,

It does not happen every time when i masturbate, only sometimes. I visited my doctor and he said it is due to less water in the body nothing else. Need to drink as many water as we can. If we drink water in good quantity then it will not happen. I observed it, when i drink less water for 2-4 days and masturbate then penis burn and if i drink ample amount of water then it does not. So keep drinking water and try to be happy and dont think much about it.

Alamo123,
Yes, your observation is correct and to clear penis drink lots of water.
Hey Guys,

I have the same problem everyone is describing. It came on when I was 22 out of no where. I'm 27 now.  I went through all the motions, all the doc's seem to follow the same order. First it was the anti's, Doxi, Cipro etc... Even stayed on Cipro for months.  They tried bladder muscle relaxers. Then all the tests, Pelvic MRI, Bladder CAT scan, Camera up the Urethra, Rectal Prostate Ultrasound.  Blood/urine test, urine flow tests. I probably have been to 8 different urologist, a disease infectious doc, and a holistic center in NYC.  It all started in my senior year at college, I had unprotected sex and really two weeks after I felt a pain at the tip and then the bladder issues started and went on from there. Although I told every doctor this they could not connect the two and kept saying it was prostate inflammation.   The main issue is like everyone says, its hit or miss after ejaculating. The pain can be burning, and i really have to wait at least 30min before urinating or it could result in the worst burning ever. Additionally the bladder wont empty completely either.  And really every day I feel a slight burning in the bladder and the urethra is always tender. I noticed too if I strain to go to the bathroom it can effect everything too. Things that seem to help during an attack is jumping in a hot shower and slowly working the urine out.  I take a boat load of different vitamins, i really cant tell you if they work.  What I can say is the problem has become less intense over the years. Its been 5 years and they are not as severe as they use to be.  I also think this may have something to do with the pelvic floor, I'm still experimenting with exercise.  I'm never going to stop until i find an answer and i hope others will too.
Possible SOLUTION
Hi guys, I have had the same problem for years. For me it occurs anytime after masturbating while I have diarrhea or liquid deficiency (increased acidity) or if I have somehow blocked or chocked the urethra while ejaculating (also a missing reservoir in a condom can cause this). That may happen during sex however I can't comment on that yet :) I guess don't try to ejaculate too deep or in a crazy position :D Maybe just the vaginal wall pressing on the urethra is enough. I'm afraid about that actually.

Urinating too soon after ejaculating makes it somehow worse especially with increased acidity. Maybe the valve between urethra and the "baby factory" is not fully closed at that time.
Bowel movement does help a lot.
So,
NO SEX with ANY digestive distress signals.
Do not rush things and be careful not to block/squeeze the urethra while ejaculating.
Hope this helps at least some of you. Now go please your lady.
This is just part of life, a sucky part for sure. I have experienced this sensation all my life. It doesn't occur all that often but occasionally. I feel the burn shortly after ejaculation. Forcing out small amounts of urine temporarily relieves the pain but after a while, standing anywhere and just forcing out urine a drop at a time, it becomes more frustrating than painfull. Through the years I have attempted various relief efforts. Ice, topical pain relievers, water, nothing works. Feels like soap in the penis. Always wondered if it was sweat or dirt that irritated my penis. Ive realized that it is more likely to happen after ive had small amounts of alchohol. After much trial and error, I HAVE FOUND A WAY to stop it. It may sound odd but it works for me. Its rather easy as well. Simply ejaculate a second time. Its like pumping your brakes. Cleans out debris and air pockets. Easiest way I can explain it. If this works for u please let me know by responding below.
Viewing 1-200 comments: