Men's Health Community
Penis Cancer?

A community for people with Men's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Penis Cancer?

4463586?1242353049
Hi, I have what I assume is a birthmark on my penis which has been there for as long as I can remember. It looks sort of like a small dark spot on the head of the penis. Is this anything I should be worried about? It doesn't hurt to touch it, and it hasnt changed size. Thanks for your help.
From the picture it looks like a birth mark. Yes, you can have them on your penis. But, I am not a medical doctor. And, yes, you can get penile cancer which is more common on the head. I certainly think it's something you should point out to your doctor.
Avatar n tn
OMG..i have the same thing on my penis. I think the first time i noticed it was somewhere around the time i began puberty like at 13 maybe. It doesn't hurt and it isn't raised above the skin. Its like i just got a big freckle. I'm not sure if it could be cancer b/c i've had it for years..and i dont have any history of cancer in my family. I imagine it is too embarrassing to tell anyone as it is for me. I dont even know what kind of doctor you ask about this.
That looks like a birthmark. Penis cancer is extremely rare, and your mark does not have any of the traditional signs of cancer (irregular border, bleeds, changes color, etc). But I agree with PaulK9378, you should point it out to your doctor the next you go in for a visit - it will give you peace of mind, and it's not a bad idea to keep an eye on birthmarks, moles, etc.
wholesalepharma joined this community
Welcome them!
opus88 commented on photo
Piparskeggr commented on photo
Sep 23
Exercise Tracker
Exercise is part of a healthy lifestyle