Men's Health Community
Penis Cancer?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Penis Cancer?

4463586?1242353049
Hi, I have what I assume is a birthmark on my penis which has been there for as long as I can remember. It looks sort of like a small dark spot on the head of the penis. Is this anything I should be worried about? It doesn't hurt to touch it, and it hasnt changed size. Thanks for your help.
Related Discussions
3 Comments
Blank
From the picture it looks like a birth mark. Yes, you can have them on your penis. But, I am not a medical doctor. And, yes, you can get penile cancer which is more common on the head. I certainly think it's something you should point out to your doctor.
Blank
OMG..i have the same thing on my penis. I think the first time i noticed it was somewhere around the time i began puberty like at 13 maybe. It doesn't hurt and it isn't raised above the skin. Its like i just got a big freckle. I'm not sure if it could be cancer b/c i've had it for years..and i dont have any history of cancer in my family. I imagine it is too embarrassing to tell anyone as it is for me. I dont even know what kind of doctor you ask about this.
Blank
That looks like a birthmark. Penis cancer is extremely rare, and your mark does not have any of the traditional signs of cancer (irregular border, bleeds, changes color, etc). But I agree with PaulK9378, you should point it out to your doctor the next you go in for a visit - it will give you peace of mind, and it's not a bad idea to keep an eye on birthmarks, moles, etc.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Men's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank