Penis Odor, Possibly Hormonal?
My boyfriend is uncircumsized. About three months after we started having sex (a year and a half ago), I noticed a very bad odor coming from the head of his penis. It smells very acrid and burns my throat and nose when I smell it closely. At first, the smell would go away after washing, but after a few months, no amount of washing with soap and water could make the smell go away. He has gone to several doctors for this problem and has had STI tests (all negative - I have been tested for STIs as well and the resilts were also negative). He has been prescribed different types of antibiotics (they had no effect). Finally, a urologist told him the smell is due to poor hygiene, and told him to clean his penis with baby wipes. This has not worked either! Frustrated, we saught help from a doctor of traditional Chinese medicine who dignosed the problem as a result of a hormonal imbalance. Could a hormonal imbalance cause penis odor such as this? We have tried everything else!
Has he been checked for a yeast infection? This can happen with men that are not circumcised.
Hi Cak, Has his semen ever given you an irritation? the antibiotics he was would have given his smelly seman, and as he has had full tests, then like the chinese man think it could be down to hormons, have tried googling hormone imbalence and smelly p***s to what you can find.
Good Luck
. A different doctor prescribed him a one-dose pill for a yeast infection but it also had no effect on the smell. The doctor did not actually check for yeast, she just prescribed the pill anyway.
I think she should have actually checked for a yeast infection. Is he having any kind of buildup under the foreskin?Anything white and or sticky?
Hi Cak, get him to a doctor and get some blood tests done to check out his hormones, that way you can tick another box.
Good Luck
There is no white buildup under the skin or any discharge. In fact, every doctor that he has seen has said the appearance of his penis is totally normal. Also, he does not have any other symptoms of yeast infection such as itching or burning.
Exercise Tracker
Exercise is part of a healthy lifestyle