Men's Health Community
Penis Rash and severe itching

A community for people with Men's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

Penis Rash and severe itching

For the past few days, I have started to get a rash on my penis and it would itch, so I would scratch it, which would lead to more and more itching, everytime that I look at my penis, I notice that the rash has spread more and more. I have not had any sex in over 4 months.  I do masturbate occasionally, and have been using Astroglide.  Could I have gotten an allergic reaction from Astroglide.  I have never had this problem before and I am very worried.  Please let me know what you folks think.
Tags: penis, rash, Health
are you sure it's not poison ivy or something, have you taken a wiz outside in the bushes recently ?   happened to me before !      l.e.
Lol
It's most likely the astroglide causing your rash.  Lubes can be notorious for causing itchiness and rashes.  Stop using it and see if your irritation subsides.
That could be a possibilty since we recently bought a different laundry detergent.  I hope thats not what it is, cause I just washed all my clothes in it.  The rash has calmed down a litte bit.  I wasn't itching as bad as I was the last few days, but that could be because I have used that hydrocortison 1% cream.  Anyways, I will keep you all updated.
Could it be possible that you also may have an allergic reaction to a particular brand of washing powder that your underwear is washed in?
I have never had the problem with the Astroglide before, and I have not taken a wiz outside lately either.  I bought some of they hydrocotizone 1% cream today and tried it, it seems to working some what.  I was previously using Benadryl cream, but it wasn't one of thes uses on the label.  This morning the rash has spread around the urethra of my penis.  But, I try not to scratch myself, cause that just leads to non-stop itching.  Last night at work was embarassing, I couldn't stop scratching in my pants.
That is a good thought.  Same thing happened to my poor little brother when we were kids.  Mom changed the laundry detergent and some time later he developed a rash all over.  Took us forever and quite a few doctor visits to figure out what was going wrong with him.  Eventually we decided to try going back to the old soap, and just like that his rash cleared up.
10/13/2006
I also left something out because I didn't think it had anything to do with the rash on my penis.  But, I also have a small rash on the inside of my elbow on my left arm and I have a small rash on the my leg in the middle between my knee and my hip/thigh.  I also have been itching a lot on my right eyelid.  I went to the laundry room and had noticed that there was a different type of laundry soap.  I guess when I did my laundry, I didn't notice that there was a different type of detergent.

10/15/2006
I am doing much better now.  I barely itch at all on my penis, but the two small rashes, 1 on my inside of my elbow and the other on my inner thigh have not gone away, they just itch when I accidently rub them or scratch them on something.  Other than that I am fine.  Thanks for everyone's help and advice.
Piparskeggr commented on Pip sick...
May 20
clinton190 is ... Comment
May 20
6 Snacks You Can Make with Protein ...
May 20 by gymdandee
Exercise Tracker
Exercise is part of a healthy lifestyle