Penis hard even in flaccid state
Hello. I have posted a bit in someone else's thread, but wanted to make my own. I will give a brief rundown of the situation.

When i was 15, i was wrestling around with some friends , and felt an odd pop in my lower abdoment along with a very weird sensation in my groin. Went to the bathroom, and noticed my penis and almost fully retracted into my abdomen and was stiff , even though it was in its "flaccid" state. I went to the doctor a few months later , (being a young teen i was embarrased) and he said he didnt know, but its probably nothing to worry about and it would probably resolve itself. It never did, and i am 27 now.

It doesnt affect my sex life directly, i can achieve and maintain an erection just fine, urination is fine as well. The problem is, that it is very uncomfortable, and makes living a normal life nearly impossible. I have sever anxiety attacks about it, i guess from feeling like i am not in control of my own body. The feeling is horrible and i wouldnt wish it upon anyone.

I saw a urologist about a week ago, and he dismissed it as caused by anxiety. Yes, i said, the anxiety makes it worse, but it shouldnt be stiff in the flaccid state. He said he felt some fibrous tissue, and suggested maybe a mild case of Peyronies. But all the research i have done on peyronies, nothing fits except for the fibrous tissue. My erection does not curve, and peyronies patients dont complain of severe retraction or hardess while flaccid. Priaprism?

Anyone have any ideas?
bump
anyone?
I sometimes experience this myself mate but I can't help you as no-one has been able to explain to me what's going on.

My doctor says I've no fibrous tissue.  

Does this happen 100% of the time?
Yes, it happens 100% of the time. I make make it soft by 'playing' with it a bit. Did you receive an ultrasound?
I've had an ultrasound and a saline erection due to the main problem I have (shrinking penis) and the doctors found nothing untoward with either the tissue or the blood flow.

It doesn't happen all the time for me but it is a regular occurance.

I feel it's often like that following sex/masturbation
I have had neither an ultrasound or any other procedure other than the doctor painfully squeezing my wang while "flaccid" and saying "yeah, i feel a little fibrous tissue". He wasnt terribly concerned and proclaimed that  i am not a sick man. I dont think i am "sick" per say, but it does affect my quality of life in a huge way. It is not normal, and just because it doesnt hurt , doesnt mean its OK. Am i right in thinking i should seek a second opinion?
I'm no doctor but every patient should be entitled to a second opinion and if it'll make you feel better then you should seek one.

It all depends on how much discomfort this is causing you but if your piece isn't getting any smaller, can still get hard, isn't causing you pain and you don't have any bother urinating then, evne though what you describe isn't normal, it might not be anything to worry about.

That said, I'm not going to tell anyone how to feel about this or any other medical condition.  For the past 12 years, my penis has been getting progressively thinner and over the past two or so years, I've been getting a lot of pain in the area.  Doctors have told me this can't be happening and not to worry about it so I know what it's like to be frustrated when trying to get diagnosed/treated.
I have the exact same problem and all the doctor says is its normal and it will come right. i know that its not right and it has put my life on hold for the last 2 months and nothing is changing. please let me konw if you learn anything about it.
Tell him it will not change. I have had it since i was 15, i am 27 now. Thats 12 years of nothing changing.
Maybe the resident pro Morgannon could have a peek at this post?
Heh, I wish I was a pro - I could cure us then!

I too have the same odd situation, or at least it sounds like it.  My penis in its non-erect state feels semi-hard sometimes.  It doesn't happen all the time, but when it happens, it feels like my testes get very tender and sore, the skin around my penis swells, and it feels like my penis is semi-hard and very tender to the touch.  I too feel fibrous tissue in the sides of my penis now.  

Wish I knew what was happening, or how I could cure it.  I do find that the warmer my penis is, the better I feel, so I've been turning a space heater on my junk at night to get it nice and warm, and that really seems to help.  Dr. wife thinks it may be a circulation problem related to the varicoceles I seem to be developing.

I'm due to get an ultrasound soon for this and other issues, so I will let everyone know what I find.  

Morgannon
Regarding the possibility that its a circulation issue, does your penis ever feel cold to the touch? Any problem achieveing/maintaining an erection?
Yes, and no.  It does sometimes feel cold to the touch.  It also seems to have purple shadows in the glans sometimes when it is coldest.  The whole entire scrotal area sometimes feels very cold.  Heating the area seems to bring relief and a flaccid penis.  

No problems achieving / maintaining an erection most of the time.
Your symptoms appear almost identical to mine. Do certain situations make it worse/more uncomfortable? For example, driving makes mine retract like crazy, i guess from the combo of the sitting position + California drivers. Also, if i wear pants that are slightly too tight it makes it worse. And the obvious, extreme cold.
Yep, sitting makes the symptoms worse, so do wearing tight pants that rub against my penis - I find myself pulling at the pants to give myself more room.

I also have strange sensations in my testicles - they feel like they need to be supported or something.  If I let them hang, they ache or something strange like that.

Also, when my symptoms are worst, it feels like the testicles really ache badly.  Also, I notice the base of my penis feels very swollen and tender.

Morgannon
Ditto on the rubbing of the pants. Quite uncomfortable. When mine gets really bad, my testicles have a pins and needles like sensation, and shrink up as well. They also ache when hanging though, this is very odd that our symptoms match up so well. But "nothing is wrong with us". Well, thats what i was told at least.

The urologist said "thats your penis' natural reaction to cold or adrenaline." And i said "i know, and some people experience this a few times in their life, not EVERY DAY, 24/HRS a day." But i guess its easy to be so non-chalant about it when its not your body.
Dang, yeah, that is bizarre how close our symptoms are.  

I have some new data to report.  Got my full urinalysis test back.  Everything in the main was normal, with the following exceptions:

1.)  I had "1+" proteins in my urine, so very few, but there should be none.
2.)  My urine was VERY acidic - 5.5 pH.  
3.)  I had moderate amounts of calcium oxalate crystals.
4.)  I had lots of amorphous sediment.
5.)  I had small to moderate amounts of bacteria, but nothing would culture.

Most telling - no blood, no leukocytes, no pus, yet all these other things.  What kind of bacteria is that I wonder?  Why is my urine so acidic?  And what kind of bacteria could live in that kind of acid environment?  Etc. etc.

Enigma, have you had the same types of tests?  If not, I'd strongly suggest you get them, and we should compare notes.

Morgannon

P.S., have you tried direct heat on the testicles and penis?  I took a long hot bath the other night and everything relaxed down there.  Oh man I feel great, even now!  Plus, I'm drinking tons of veggie juice to alkalinize my urine.  That really seems to be helping too.
I have never tried direct heat, no. Its been years and years, i cant even remember the last time actually, since ive taken a bath, so ive never tried that, but a hot shower doesnt seem to do the trick. I will look into getting a urine analysis done. This is wearing very thin on me.
Hot showers don't work all that well for me either - the heat has to be direct, and constant.  Baths are best, although space heaters aimed at the package work if the heat is high enough.  Hot water bottles and heating pads are blessings.  I've got a heating pad in my lap at work as I type - it's most beneficial, and there is no pain whatsoever.

Yeah, see what the urinalysis shows, I'm willing to bet we have similar readings.  How long have you had these symptoms?  I'm going on one year, but it sounds like it's been much longer for you.  I'm surprised none of your docs gave you an analysis of this type, or at least a recent one.  

Another very odd symptom I noticed over the last couple of weeks (to add to the basket of symptoms).  My urethral opening sometimes swells shut, to the point where in order to look into it I must squeeze the base of the glans to open it.  Then, when I look at the opening, it has what looks like grooves in the side of the opening that appear to start at the tip of my urethra and go back into the penis, paralell to my shaft.  Looks like some sort of inflammatory process, but my urinalysis showed no leukocytes, which I thought were an inflammation marker.  

Ugh.  There's gotta be some sort of cure.  I also have noticed that I have cysts in some of my tubes in the groin area.  Maybe I have some sort of blockage.
Never mind about the "how long have you had your symptoms" question, just went back to your first post.  Looks like 12 years - ouch!
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.