Men's Health Community
Penis problems [over masturbation?]

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

Penis problems [over masturbation?]

Well i am a 20 year old male, i do smoke cigarettes and marijuana, and drink alcohol.

But other then that im  a  pretty healthy guy..

I have been masturbating since the age of about 12, and never had any problems until recently.

I would say in the last 2 years i would masturbate about 4-10 times per week.

But the last few time have felt  a bit different, my penis felt almost swollen a bit.

The last time i did it, afterwards my penis was almost shrinking and felt kind of hard even though i did not have an erection.. It goes back to normal kind of then back to smaller and hard felling..

I still get morning erections, but i feel that i cant get one while awake..

There is no pain really, and i urinate properly.. but i am ver scared i damaged my penis by over masturbating..

Please help me, pleassssssssssss..

I f you need more information let me know.

also,  i have stoped masturbating  since this has begun [about 3 days now] .

I am hoping  it will just go back to normal after a few days of healing? is that possible.

Or should i go see a doctor?

I am VERY concerned about this, even to the point of  thinking about suicide, please help me if you can, i am a complete mess..

My friends call and i dont answere, i dident even go out this weekend, i am so parinoid about this.

I have also quit smoking pot and drinking for the time being and cut down on ciggeretas alot..

what could this be?

Is my penis just straind from over use and  will heal over the next few days, or should i go see a doctor?
ANY input is appreciated, weatherit be from a doctor or somone who has been threw somthing similar..

Please help, the sooner the better..

Thank you in advance to anyone who helps me..

Ryan warner
Hey man, sorry to hear about your problems but don't overreact - this has only been happening for a few days and might return to normal very quickly.  I've been suffering with a shrinking penis for years and know exactly how it affects you but just try and relax in the short term at least.

Doctors will tell you that you can't damage your penis from masturbating but I'm no too sure.  I would say thought hat you're not masturbating more than most guys.

I know exactly what you mean by the "hard but soft" look - I think it's caused by the stress hormone.  If you check out the shrinking penis threads you'll find more information about what others have been going through but there's a good chance you're going through something completely different.

Please don't do anything rash and let us know how things develop..

I hope
Well, i am VERY happy to say i am back to normal..

My sex drive is back,  i am getting good erections..

That was the scaryiest thing ive ever been threw in my entire life, and to put that in perspective i was shot with a 9mm twice in 2004.

It's wasent that i had a problem getting girls, i just love the feeling..

But, I will never masturbate EVER AGAIN..... NEVER

I am not going to have sex  or get oral sex or anyting for another week just to be safe..

I want to thank everyone who offerd help to me, and i truly wish all of you the best of luck in getting better in your own situations. fell free to ad me to msn at ase__tech at h0tmale dot com if you need to talk to somone an di will be there to help, as i know how hard this can be for us guys to go threw.

I will continue to visit this site and try to help anyone i can..

Thank you,

Ryan Warner.

Yesterday when I wake up, my penis was swelling not the tip one...i was shocked to see that since I havent got tht much swellin in my 27yrs period. I shag a lot. But in the evening , the swelling went off completely but my PENIS got SHRUNK (atleast 1 or 2 inch)....Not sure..

I am scared now....Will I get erection ? Will I get *** ?

Please help me from the board.

Guest
i have the same thing as ryan warner but i have had it 4 3 days now how long can it take 4 my penis 2 go back 2 its normal state? the thing that is different is i only masturbate 3 times a week
my penis feels like senceless as in i cant make it erect like normal even looking at porn it doesnt erect
I've been experiencin the same problem as ryan did and alzer587. I just wandered if its a normal problem or whether I should get it checked out.
(20 years old)

I've been having penis pain and painful ejaculations for about a month, maybe longer.  I'm getting very worried.  I've already been to a urologist and a physician's assistant and both said that it was fine and just give it rest and time.  Well, I cut back a lot on masturbating so that I've only done it once or twice a week. (i was probably doing it 3-4 times a day over the past month or two.)  Thing is, I don't think I've ever masturbated as frequently as I have recently, and I can't remember having this problem before.

Basically the entire left side of my penis feels sore and painful and burning to the touch, but the right side feels perfectly fine.  It's really bizarre because the left and ride sides are divided exactly along the line of the opening on the penis, but only the left side feels pain.  Ejaculation makes this area hurt much worse and even seems to cause the pain to carry over to the right side for a short while

I was just wondering if any of you have had a problem like this before and if you think that masturbating at all during this time period has caused it to stay like this.  I have been abstaining since 2 days ago and I will continue to do so.

Please help.
when i watch porn for a long peroid of time my penis starts to swell ami in danger of losing my penis lol but forea wats going on???
I'm having a similar problem. It started tonight n I'm not one to freak out other than its 3 in the morning. I did my usual masturbation routine that ive kept up for a week sine my wife has a uti.  I masturbated and after I finished n I smoked I had(and still do have) this heavy pressure like I gotta pee. So for hours ive tried but I only dribble. N its keeping me awake and I'm dead tired. I cantpee n its making it uncomfortable.  Not only that sensation but my penis feels bloated and heavy. Totally weird. Ive done reserch this whole time but I can't find anything. Any advice
Wow! You guys are really obsessed w/ masturbation and porn. I realize that men have a high sex drive, but excessive masturbation to feel good and the use of porn for sexual gratification can be psychologically damaging.
Also, stressing over a perceived problem can only make the problem worse. Men have a tendency to avoid doctors if at all possible. I have learned that getting real medical advice from a medical professional is usually
the most logical course of action. It also has the tendency to put one at ease, at least if the dr is worth his salt. Are you hoping a dr or physician assistant or nurse will happen along online and diagnose your problem
sight unseen. That is delusional and dangerous.
I injured my back at work in 1986 and the next day went to the ER. because I had no improvement. This one injury has caused me great anxiety. I have had 3 surgeries on my back, have been thru physical therapy several times,
have had to stop working due to increased pain and decreased mobility (in 1995), became depressed and suicidal, had a morphine pump implanted, was paralyzed from the waist down due to pump malfunction, in a wheelchair for
2 years developing arthritis in my knees as a result, still have balance and gait problems, as well as decreased sensation in legs and a neurogenic bladder. Yet I feel lucky to be alive. My mind is constantly seeking
ways to make my wife and others happy rather than dwelling on self gratfication. I also see my dr regularly as well as several other health professionals. And I have a good report w/ my doctors and am able to trust them.
It is impossible to trust anyone who does not seem to take you seriously. You guys need to seek a good doctor and trust them. Bouncing from doctor to doctor is no why to develop trust. Not seeing a doctor regularly does
not allow the doctor to perceive the changes you all have described in your groin area. What do you expect to gain by telling your genetalia problems to those who can neither examine you nor treat you (since most here
are not in the medical field).

BTW some of you need to learn what a dictionary is for.