Penis retracting into body
My husband fell on his penis when he was younger while at a skating ring- he is now 20. Ever since then, he had a indention above his penis. Another symptom is that his penis retracts into his body when his adrenaline gets going. He would literally have to pull it out before it goes all the way in.

I have tried looking up these symptoms but only found one thing called "Penis Panic" pretty much saying that its a beliefe where men think their penis is going to retract into their body and disapear. Well, this def is not something in his head, lol... really happens.

Anyone else heard of this? He went to the doc- the doc is going to call him back cause he doesnt know what it could be.

Thanks in advance,
Shannon
No, he is not overweight. Good shape, we are both in the Army.

Adrenaline causes it... when he is scared. Throughout working out, he has to pull it when it starts going in.

I don't see how its happening... but it does....
hmm...that seems odd, but im not saying that it doesnt happen. i just never heard of anything like that before...time to do a little research
No luck on finding anything online... I looked awhile.

The only thing I could find is something called "Penis Panic" Which is pretty much a beliefe that this condition is a fear that men have... that it doesnt really happen.

Well... it really happens... lol

The doc said he would call him back abou tit... its been 3 days... :-/
You are right, it is hard to find anything on this. There is only one other symptom mentioned on the net: genital lymphoedema. On a lymhoedema website it mentioned in just one line that after injury or surgery sometimes parts of genitals can develop sudden swelling and oddly enough it mentions swelling of the scrotum that makes the penis temporarily retract into the scrotum. There is no further explanation but maybe that`s another clue. Maybe a urologist can arrange an ultrasound as well to determine what kind of physical damage is present since your husband`s injury. Hope some of this helps...

Yes, I am serious.
Well, maybe it is somehow detached. He noticed this problem (as well as the indention above his penis) after he fell at the skating ring when we was a kid (on top of his penis). He said that it does slip under, and not over. He doesn't have a small penis... bit on the bigger side. He said that it is def retracting in... if it goes to far, he has to get hard for it to come out. It only happens when his adrenline kicks in, no other time. It happens on a daily basis since we work out everyday in the army. He said while working out, he'll have to tug on it so it doesnt retract.

Maybe it does sound like a silly joke but there's no joke here. He went to the doc on Wednesday... the doc said he had no idea what it was, that he was going to try to find out and call him back.... he hasn't called back yet.
Next time he is naked, let him work out.... All the best.
Well no swelling is present when it happens. Yes, I bet an ultrasound will def help.

No, I haven't personally seen this, since its when he gets scared- its not like he gets scared/his adrenline gets going... then would pull down his pants to show me, lol.

But, I do notice that he would pull at his pants daily, everytime I ask why- he says it cause of that problem. Mainly working out or so.
I have actually seen it... few mins ago.

It looked like his head was retacting into his body with the skin over it (Almost like he was circumsized- but he isn't)  He said it's almost in, but not all the way... It can go all the way in. It didn't look normal to me.
Normally he hangs about 2-4 inches... i saw it around 1-  def looked like it was retracting.

Also, the indention, I can confirm, it quite noticable. Almost a half inch indention. Its right about his penis.

Hrm. ?
Doc still hasnt called, it's been a week.

Thanks for all the responses!
i have the same porblem dont no why it happens .i notice  the same thing.thought blood flo.if you find out what it is please post.
I also have this problem. My penis is over 5 inches erect, but throughout the day it will retract to less than an inch and I have to go to the bathroom to pull it out to let it "hang".  It is also very embarrassing in the locker room after a workout. I have to give it a tug to come out otherwise it just looks like a turtle head peeking out. I am circumcised and have not found any information about this for circumcised penis'.
I also have this problem and if anybody can come up with something,please post.
I have the same problem and have been researching it for some time to no avail. My penis has gotten noticably shorter (not smaller, but just not as long) over time and I have the same indentation on the top side of the base of the penis (looks like the penis is pulling into my body). The indentation is there when flacid or erect. This indentation has not always been there, and though my length is fine, I am positive I am missing length that was there before (that I would like back BTW).

The only thing that even mentions this symptom online is Peyroines Disease, but I don't have any of the other symptoms it mentions (like extreme curvature of pain). Any info or help on the matter would be appreciated, as it's kind of a demoralizing problem and there seems to be no data on it even though a few people have posted to this site, and obviously a problem exists.
Adreneline, stress, temprature and a number of other factors can cause the penis to appear like its retracting into the body.

I don't know if anyone here has ever taken ecstasy, amphetimine or cocaine but it's a well-known side-effect of these stimulants that the penis will shrivel up as blood rushes to other areas of the body.  I believe adreneline etc can have the same effect.

HealthAddict - there is another topic on this forum where myself and other guys who've suffered the horror of permanent shrinkage post.  All are pretty much in the same boat - getting no help from a medical profession that says this cannot happen and being forced to trawl the Internet lookig for answers, or at least clues to what might be happening to our bodies.  You may find some more information there but I'm afraid you shouldn't expect a miracle cure.

In my experience the atrophy is pretty much confined to girth.  Although my length is slightly less than it once was, the circumference is my major concern as it has reduced significantly over the years (I'm only 28 now BTW).  THis reduction is most noticeable when flaccid.  As I previously said, flaccid size can vary enormously according to a number of facotrs but if you imagine a cosine graph which depicts the ups and downs of size according to each of these considerations then the graph of my girth now will be lower on the x axis than it once was.

Hope that makes some sense - I find it hard to articulate my limited mathematical knowledge!

Medical professionals have repeatedly told me this cannot be happening but all I can say is that, after watching my penis change over the years and having measured it regularly, it most definitely is getting thinner.

I too suffer this same thing. Frastrating is one way to put it. It happens deffinantly when my adrenaline gets going, almost immediately. But several times during the day I will have the same issue. I thought it may be from the suspensory ligament and getting this cut may help but I will need to be sure of this bofore I get surgery. Has anyone had any success as yet???
I too have recently developed this problem.....didn't put the "adrenaline" connection together until reading this. I first noticed this 1 year ago when I foud out my girlfriend was cheating on me - I was entirely enraged and as I went to shower, I was a little shocked to see my penis (which is circumsized) appearear to be uncircumsized, as the head was definitely retracted into the shaft.......I was paniced to say the least......and there is definitely the feeling as if it is going to retract all the way, it seems scary, but it doesn't ever really go in all that far, just enough for you to know, and there is definitely the feeling that it is being pulled inward..........it has happened at least 4 times in the last year, when paniced playing a video game, and making a big bluff and winning in poker, and being very angry.......now I know its an adrenaline thing, makes sense.....but true, nothing I have read anywhere really explains why, if it's treatable, if this is something really bad or just a quirk?......this lasts only moments and almost immeiately when i feel this pulling inward, I just have to touch it to stop this - who wouldn't? but am now curious if I let it go what would happen?.......for a guy, this is like worst nighmare kind of situation. Any more info would be helpful.
This is a nightmare no doubt; strange penis shape also wtf is that all about? Diagnos techs do the adrenal, thyroid and insulin panel may be worth checking out if you need to start some Isocort. I am also hypothyroid so am still very much "going through it" with no sex drive
I have been looking into it more. I still cannot diffinatively say what it is but if you read about the corpora cavernosa of the penis it fills with blood which sends the penis into it's erect state and if this is the case then why not be able to remove the blood all together. Comming from an adrenaline rush the body can remove blood from non vital organs and even limbs to protect the vital organs. This to me seams reasonable. If this is the case then there is no physialogical problem as such. It may be a subconciense thing that causes it, surgery wont help. I am thinking that maybe (if you beleive in it) hypnotherapy may aleviate this. Not sure but just trying to throw ideas out there.
Relaxing helps for sure but low cortisol levels due to adrenal depletion means your body relies on adrenaline in stress. You need a little adrenaline but LOTS of cortisol!
Are you taking Liothyronine? Does it help your lethargy and weight control??
Sorry I realise this is off the topic but i just wanted to know.
On the topic I am in a position to try some different ideas so if I come up with anything I will deffinately post it.
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.