Penis retracting into body
My husband fell on his penis when he was younger while at a skating ring- he is now 20. Ever since then, he had a indention above his penis. Another symptom is that his penis retracts into his body when his adrenaline gets going. He would literally have to pull it out before it goes all the way in.

I have tried looking up these symptoms but only found one thing called "Penis Panic" pretty much saying that its a beliefe where men think their penis is going to retract into their body and disapear. Well, this def is not something in his head, lol... really happens.

Anyone else heard of this? He went to the doc- the doc is going to call him back cause he doesnt know what it could be.

Thanks in advance,
Shannon
I just take Isocort because a stim test and saliva confirmed I need adrenal support that I kind of knew anyway. I lived with it so long it has left its mark...
I have had this problem recently, and zinc and cranberry tablets seem to be keeping it from recurring - my penis is definitely a lot fuller when flaccid, and my erections are hard again like they used to be.
hi also have the same problem with my penis, it retracts when my adrenaline rushes, also when playing sports its very annoying  and i feel like i have to relax on certain exercises because affraid to go in.  now how long did it take for the supplements to work, and did it completely stop?
I also have the same problem some of you guys have.  I notice the problem when I really strain like pushing a car, or carrying something really heavy.  I also have noticed that in the last 4 or 5 years it seems to have shrunk since this problem started.  It feels as if there is a string attached from the inside pulling the head. I notice also that when I bend over it pulls inward.
I have this problem as well and it is embarrassing to say the least. I also have to pull my penis back out because it is retracting. It never goes all the way but it is uncomfortable. This only happens when working out or in high stress situations. Is this a physical or psychological? I used to get panic attacks but I don’t get them anymore and was wondering if it might be related to stress? I am not sure since this happens when I am exercising. I have an above normal penis almost 7" and fairly thick but I have also noticed that it dose not seem as big anymore. I do not have problems getting erect it just seems smaller and my erections are not as full. This is a nightmare and I just told my girlfriend about it. I was so embarrassed I didn’t tell anyone for years. It good to know other people are in the same situation as me. If anyone knows more about this please post. I'll try the supplements and see if it helps.
My penis doesn't retract into my body, but it does lose about an inch of its usual (flaccid) size from being really nervous/strong exercise/adrenaline in general. I think it is the same for most guys.

Three things to help, firstly you can take cialis on a regular basis - eg half a pill every 2 - 3 nights. ALso drink lots of water, and  take Zinc supplementation. All these things will keep your penis larger when flaccid and will theoretically stop it from retracting so much.
I have finally found a reference to this. It is not much mind you but it is something to work on. It relates to penis enlargement but is relevant to those with this problem.
http://members.ozemail.com.au/~drcolinmoore/acps/faq.htm
Retraction:

Retraction can occur under 2 sets of circumstances.
1. Result of normal scar contraction, this is managed by post-operative scar stretching exercises. Failure of the patient to perform this scar stretching exercise properly may result in the retraction not being corrected fully, with permanent loss of some or all of the extra length gained at surgery.
2. Secondly it may result, in very rare circumstances, from the patients own natural excessive production of adrenaline, which may cause the penis to shrink.
Hey guys, I feel your pain. I am 29 years old married with 2 kids and I experience the same issue. It started about a year ago and I cannot find any answers anywhere. I showed it to my wife. I am not crazy and this is not in my head, my penis retracts inside the shaft. The head will contract completely inside much like a turtle. This happens to me several times a day. And it doesn't seem to be tied to adrenaline. I do not work out and I have a sit down job. I can physically feel it retract through my pants for no reason at all, while I am walking through my work or sitting at my desk. I know that no one around me knows what is happening, but it is so embarrassing. I have tried switching from briefs to boxers thinking that the tight underwear was causing it, no help. I quit smoking thinking that may help nothing. I have had no trauma to speak of, nothing changed in my diet, and I am 6'3" 210lbs. I am not overweight per say, and this is not an illusion at all. There is something going on. I am not afraid that it will retract all the way in, or anything, I just want to know why for no apparent reason, my penis shrivels up. It started one day out of the blue and has done it ever since. I am constantly tugging at it know. Even though I am married, I am extremely embarrassed about it. And since no one can come up with a reason, I am not going to mention to my family doctor, a man that I see on a regular basis. I mean, if there was something he could do great, but if he is going to just say, “try diet and exercise" what’s the point. Help please. This is not natural and no one seems to know anything about this subject. How could this be happening to so many different people with no explanation? We are going to have to diagnose this ourselves. Some other weird stuff has been happening to me lately such as zoning out frequently and mood changes. I am not sure if it is related.
has there been any changes to your erect size/girth/ability to get an erection?

The zoning out and mood chages may fit with some sort of hormone imbalance but I'm no expert on that area.
Poor skin fixation to the shaft of the penis. Sometimes the penile skin isn't adequately attached to the base or shaft of the penis. When this occurs, the penis isn't fixed in its normal position outside of the body and can retract during vigorous activity.
This could have occured from complications of his accident.  Consult a GP or even a urologist.
oh also certain types of hernias/muscle separation can cause this.
I have no trouble getting an erection. I normally do not measure myself so I cannot tell about a size difference, but if I had to guess I would say that I may have lost a little. They are defiantly not as hard as they used to be. And this occurs multiple times during the day; in fact my penis is retracted right now. It doesn't hurt or physical create an issue for me. However it is very annoying. I wish I knew what caused it.
I am 32, married with 3 kids.  I started experiancing this about 9 months ago.  I was wondering if it can be caused by stress?  I lost my job around the time it started.  It was only a couple of times at first then being the idiot that I am, I had an affair and it got much worse (the affair is over BTW).  I can think about the what if's and could of's and I notice it happening.  It has been freaking me out.  Now it happens even when I'm not thinking about "stuff".  I don't have trouble with erections but the hardness isn't what it use to be.  I haven't had any trama and don't take drugs, smoke or drink.  Is this ever going to stop??
I know exactly what you mean. It happens for no reason at all. Some days nothing and others it seems as if it happens 20 times a day. I find myself walking uncomfortably to the rest room and pulling out my penis before I take a leak. I also have had no trauma and I do not do drugs. This has been happening to me Since Oct 06 and there are no signs of it stopping. We must stick together and find out what is happening. Is there any new word from the posts above? What about shannonwooten, what did the doctor say?

Let’s start listing some things to see if we can find a common link. I will list some things that have been happening to me other than this, and also a few extra things to see if anyone shares a similar issue and maybe we can pin something down. It’s a long shot, but I am willing to try anything. Feel free to answer these and add to them. Please share any info you can.

I listed a shampoo brand below because I read that lower testosterone levels can cause strange things to happen, and some hair growth products remove DHT testosterone. BTW I stopped using it and the problem is still here.

Trauma                         No
Smoke                         Yes
Shampoo                      Nioxin
Exercise                       Not often
Retract Frequency          10 times per day (at least)
Drugs                            No
Medications                   Lisinipril 5mg  (for high blood pressure)
Zone Out                       Frequently
Vision                           Worse lately
Mood                            Poor / Depressed
Concentration               Poor
Overweight                    5 - 10lbs maybe
Memory                        Short term, not too good

Penis Lengthening Exercises                        Tried once, never on a regiment

Has this been witnessed by someone else      Yes (To prove to Drs that we are not crazy)
Here are my answers.  Maybe you are correct and we can all figure this out together.

Trauma                         No
Smoke                         use to but stopped about 2 years ago
Shampoo                      switch all the time - right now Paul Mitchell
Exercise                       try to walk a couple of times a week, but wouldn't consider it normal.
Retract Frequency          probably 5 to 15 times a day normally, sometimes even more
Drugs                            no
Medications                   Anti depressants
Zone Out                       a couple of times a day
Vision                           wear glasses because I work on the computer all the time.
Mood                            Depressed - push people away that I know are only trying to be there for me and love me.  Don't know why.
Concentration               Poor
Memory                       Some times I can remember talking to my wife on the phone.  So I would say poor.
Penis lengthening Exercises      Never tried didn't know there was such a thing.
Has been witnessed by someone     No - too embarrassed.      
i think it may have to do with the suspensory ligament!! because i think thats what causes the penis to retract. im not sure???
So glad I found this site!  I am 47, have three daughters, and I am divorced.  I’ve been experiencing this problem for about the last six months.  At time the retraction is so painful that I’ve had to pull my penis out so that I can be comfortable.  It can happen while sitting in a chair, walking, you name it!  Never while having sex.  I do take Viagra and Paxil for mild depression plus Losartan for blood pressure.  I often wonder if may be between these three types of medication this could be a cocktail that causes this problem.
Wow! If I'm the only one who can track this back to childhood, maybe I can help figure this out. 1st, I too am 47. I've always been in good health, and had been very sucessful in athletic pursuits when younger.[Not so much now, due to age and various injuries.] I only bother saying this because it rules out age, injury, puberty, etc. as specific causes. Also, the first 17yrs., never drank, smoked, or did drugs. Again this is notable, because I've noticed this condition since at least 8ys of age. The key here is, I was a [good] competative swimmer, but always very anxious, before during and after events. This is when I first frightfully noticed, retraction issues. [Please note, severe anxiety was definately related]. Anyway, since this has been something of a concern for some 40yrs. [way before the internet] I've sought from time to time any possible info over the years. I can concur, if you experiance it, you know it's definately real! Also, I believe, the nature of it makes it something most people wouldn't want to talk about, so it maybe [maybe not] more common then we know. However uncomfortable, I've discreetly tried to broach the topic with many medical profesionals, and yes, I've gotten all the head scatching and 'you must be crazy' looks. Pleasantly surprised, this site confirms it does exist, again not that you don't know that! My personal observations, stress-anxiety, brings it on and or obssessing on it [which is understandable], increases its occurance. I've also noticed certain back positions, may cause or relieve to situation. [note there's a strong relationship, between stress/tension and back pain, i.e. maybe certain nerves are being pinched.

I've rambled on enough for now, but if it makes one feel better, another wild *** theory I've considered, it maybe a rare genetic trait from the past, which gave an edge those "warriors" whose tool of procreation was protected during battle in more primative times?! : )
I am so glad i found this. I made a post similar to this one a few months back but it was deleted for some reason. Anyway, Ive had the same condition since i was about 15, im 26 now, but its gotten progressively worse in the last few years. I went to a doctor when i was 17, and he basically shrugged and said "that will go away". Well guess what it hasnt, and its only gotten worse.

I just graduated from College and my job , auto-mechanic, is very physical and it makes me very, VERY uncomfortable at times, and its such a worry, i get panic attacks over it. I have to wait until my insurance kicks in , but i decided im going to get some answers once and for all. This condition basically runs my life, its all a bit to in-depth to go into here, but if anyones interested, i can go more in detail. Perhaps it would help someone else out there who is reading...
If possible, can i hear your whole story. I will be able to offer help and advice on this. It's a fully hormonal related condition (be it the adrenal cortex or thyroid) playing a role in it. Everything from diet to testicular problems can cause this condition. Do you have any signs of varicocele/hydrocele or cysts on either testicle?
Ford60 commented on HIV - Risks vs Non-Ri...
slaytheday commented on photo
Nov 16
Jerry_NJ commented on JanisM13's status
Nov 12