Men's Health Community
Penis retracting into body

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

Viewing 201-254 comments:
SOLUTION TO RETRACTED PENIS. I am a healthy person who also experienced your problem. I have an all natural quick solution. It totally worked. This is not a one time thing, u need to strengthen the muscle area/group.  Go join a gym, focus on cardio and leg exercises.  Especially the INNER THIGH MACHINE.  The INNER THIGH MACHINE will strengthen your muscles near the groin area (Pushes out your shaft slightly, I'm not talking about increase length of penis size or solution to impotence) and the cardio will help u lose the extra fat around your lower abdomin (abdomen) and groin area. You should start feeling more comfortable and less need to run to a private area to pull it out and adjust. Also eat properly like a balanced diet to help weight loss. All natural healthy foods. Stop the high calorie foods. It's the fat and weak groin muscles that is retracting the penis.  Other than that if this solution doesn't help, go see a doctor because it could be something else.
I have been following this issue for a while now as I experience this same problem.  I have recently started eating better as well as trying to work out.  I have noticed in the past two weeks that my penis has not retracted into my body like it was before and I believe at this point is because for the past two weeks I have been drinking a lot of water.  

I use to be one that rarely drank water and only had to pee once or twice a day.  I am not sure this is related at all, but I know the past two weeks I have not had any problem with my penis retracting into my body when drinking water.  I know that mornings are sometimes difficult to get a lot of water and I have noticed it retract slightly, but not like it was doing before.  I have been drinking a lot of water during the afternoon and evening and no problems.

Curious if others that are having this problem drink enough water or is this something specific to me?  I have definitely noticed a different after the two weeks and drinking about 8 cups of water a day.  Only within the past 2 - 3 days have I started exercising, so I am taking the account that my penis is not retracting in as it was to the fact that I am drinking  a lot more water.
Hi everyone,

I have been reading the posts for years now and didn't have the guts to even create and account and post something on here until now. I believe I'm one of you who suffer from this problem. I took SSRIs for this because the doctors thought I was "depressed", but we all know that our depression comes from a problem like that. I was able to accept myself for some time that I'm just one of those guys who worry a lot and everything will subside with relaxation. When relaxed, I feel relaxed down there too, but if I feel a little doubt or move or do something, I could feel the retraction again. It's really ridiculous that no doctor in the field is decent enough to take on this problem and try to come up with a solution for it. I'm not really sure what to do anymore. I feel so bad about myself. The worst thing is that I'm seeing this fine girl, and we are in love, and I'm not sure how she would feel about it. I have really been thinking about suicide lately. I don't know, but I thought I could deal with anything else other than that. I needed to talk about it so I can relieve some of my pain. I'm a complete mess. I can't do anything anymore.
Good for you man. It sounds like while the problem does bother you somewhat you are not letting it ruin your life. I have probably one of the smallest penises ever and often find that I do not have one at all when I look down. I am 47 and it greatly has affected my life. However, when I found a young lady 25 years ago that accepted me for how God made me, it did wonders for my confidence. Looking at porn doesn't help with that confidence as some of the biggest penises are found there. I just have to accept that God made me this way for a reason, whether it was to be more humble and more compassionate towards others or to accomodate the right woman that cannot take a large penis. Not exactly sure but I have come to accept who I am and Thank God for the many other blessings in my life!
When me and my husband sex when he is on top I can not have a orgasm I can when I on top of him but when is do when is on top I still what sex became I did not have a ogasm
I wonder if any one following this threat.

But I have a Question

Does any of you having this problem is or have been on ADD or amphetamine? namely Concerta, Adderall (adderrall), Ritalin etc.

I just want to see how many of you are on these?
Alpha blockers may completely resolve this issue.  Please ask your Doctor, in particular a hypertension specialist, about alpha blockers.  Explain your symptoms and request a trial.  The vasoconstriction you have is causing the shrinkage.  The arterioles are very sensitive to adrenal stimulation.  You can block this stimulation peripherally with Hytrin (terazosin), Cardura (doxazosin), or Minipress (prazosin).  

Do not try to heal vasoconstriction with meditation, exercise, etc.  All of this helps of course, but the constriction is not limited to the penis - the heart may also be affected - often the penis is most sensitive to arterial blood flow.  

Also rule out, pheochromocytoma, thyroid disease and peripheral vascular disease.  

Hey dude, we all know you are not only the person with this problem. As you can see now, that we all have one thing in common, it is funny and at the same time it is disheartening, especially when you are in a crown full of women. I have observed that women tend to "measure" men-up lol. I would
change subjects right away. Anyway back to the problem, I'm no expert medically, but after looking at some guys who are "well-endowed" and their physical make-up, those men seem to have no fat around the base area of the penis and looking at their stomach they tend to have no fat and at the obliques there's that definition of muscles that looks like it connects down to the penis. Penises are made up of muscles right?. I don't know if you know what i'm trying to get at. Anyway i think with mine i have red or read some stuff about this sort of problem, some are probably caused by really uncomfortable situations as a young child, hormone imbalance, and some lack of nutrients and environment. I too am scared to discuss it with my doctor or anyone. i have heard some idiots even make fun of me about it and it really makes me uncomfortable and it does affect me. Especially when egotiscal F---kwits mention words like " if you have the balls for it" LOL. Anyway, One time my penis was hanging and it looked like i was burning the fats of the base just blow the stomach muscles. You know how fats burn off and turn to muscles...
I have this same problem. Is there still no explanation for it? Anyone? Please help!!
My penis shrinks up to 1/2 inch and retracts into my body usually when I'm doing physical activities. I have to put my hand down my pants and pull it out every 5 min at the gym sometimes. It's extremely embarasing! I do have major social anxiey and depression. Not sure if its related but I really need to find out how to fix this problem. Anyone out there that has some good advice?
mine retracts all the time but when i masturbate it doesnt retract for a while maybe even days but if i shower it starts to retract more any1 else expreience this?
You may continue whatever treatment you are doing. You may use Deer exercise for man. Google it. It does not mention as the treatment for retracing penis. However, it gives lot of benefits for the sexua disorder. It is simple, takes less than 3 minutes a say and appears to be harm less.It is named as Deer exercise as Deer is the sexiest animal. Just try for a few days. It may work or may not. this is age old exercise.
I have a similar problem it usally happens when i am ready to fight or having an angry episode. It always comes back out so i have learned to relax and it comes back out on its own. Amd i dont think it matters how large or small it is mine is 9" hard so i dont think size is an issue as much as just an adrenaline rush. Hope this helps.. Sincerly joe
Believe me, the story wasn't boring.  Ever since I was starting middle school, I've had this problem.  It basically has destroyed my self-esteem and confidence.  I'm 25 now and I know exactly how you felt ever since middle school.  With the anxiety, the fear, and the **** it all attitude to even do anything.  I am over weight and have worried about this my whole life. And seeing how there's STILL really nothing about this in the medical world scares the **** out of me.  HELL I didn't even have a girlfriend till I was 21.  I just hope people can find something to help them through this, because I know it's ****** my life from enjoyment and love.  Hell it also might be from lack of testosterone.  Because since middle school I've developed to what seems to be breasts.... I've seen bigger people then me not have the size of chest I have....I just don't understand. I've never have been to a doctor for all this because of money reason and even if I had money, I would probably be too ashamed to even go.  I just don't know anymore.  I feel for you all and hope your able to find help, for it to be physically or mentally.
Also forgot to mention that it just stays sucked in or hidden till I get erect or pull it out myself.  It's not because of adrenaline or anything.  It is just at that state normally...all the time.
Hey Ewoc, thanks for your input. I've noticed that I also have a large chest. I have lost alot of fat and exersize 4-6 days a week. Yet my chest remains large and my penis keeps contracting. It's embarasing as hell! I'm going to make an appointment and see what a doctor has to say... Thanks again for your input!
Hi Every one,

I had sex with at the Begning of April during sex my condom damaged but I was not aware.
at the end of April I got UTI Infection. I went to Yoralogy docotr for treamtment, I eat 4 tablets
and did one injection for infection. Its fine now.

During the infection i did wank ( Masterbution ) i taught I will get fine, but after that I was thinking
why i got infection so so , then I went to test my blood ,  I did Complete Blood Test ( HIV ).....
in May, July and August. ( Last test after 3months ) and it was negitive.

my Question is :

1. Do I need to test again ?
2. I think much about why I did sex I had strees now my right side of neck have pain ? why it's paining ?
3- My Penis is not normal as it was before infection, It keep stand only for 7 seconds not more and
when I finish sex it means that I did a big job, I have body pain, headach, Ilness.
4. My back side of head becomes warm
5. I'm not sorthroat but right side of my neck is heavy as I was thinking too much...

Please advise meeee I'm worroing toooo much I went to 14 Doctors in 4 Months.....
Regarding your second post, that is exactly my problem too. I do however have a fair amount of excess fat, so have just put it down to having an unfortunate combination of excess fat around the base and a relatively small penis!

I totally agree with Mr_ShyGuy though, for me the whole penis thing alone wouldn't be such a problem (yes sometimes uncomfortable and undesirable), However it is more morally when I am meeting a woman or whoever and they try to 'size it up'.   That just hurts mentally and is my biggest problem and confidence destroyer. As you can imagine, if they try to go down there and my penis is not erect, they do not feel all too much!.. or atleast what they are expecting!  
...And yes I have tried mixing with the type of women who dont want to try and size you up,.. but they all seem to do it eventually down here ;/
I want to know what happens when water is forced to go inside through penis....does it cause any damage..
Google vajroli mudra. It is yogic technique to pass air or water through urethra. It is quite a difficult process and requires a long training to get satisfactory results on all sexual problems.   A yoga teacher can help.You will have to learn many steps to reach to vajroli mudra.
I think I have found the solution to this and I encourage all of you to look into it.

First I would like to point out the "triggers" to this. As you notice it begins many different ways; panic attacks, LSD, Propecia/Finasteride, Anti-Depressants, injury, sickness, anger, surgery, etc...these are all stressors, but its not the adrenaline that is the exact cause...it is the pelvic floor.

The pelvic floor is the whole area at the very base of the penis and goes all the way back the anus. It is a complex area of muscles. Basically what has happened is that area has contracted and pulls the penis back and does not allow as much blood to flow to the penis as normal. Adrenaline obviously makes this worse as it will cause the pelvic floor to "clench" or "congest" even more.

This is a very common condition for women, but for some reason medical field does not really admit it exists in men? Why not? Men have the same pelvic floor, just a penis attached at the end.

Lots of times this will be misdiagnosed as prostatitis. 95% of prostatits cases are actually pelvic floor issues.

Other names it goes by..
*CPPS
*Pelvic Myonueropathy
*Hard flaccid

So how do you fix this?

(1) You need to find a very good Physical Therapist who treats pelvic floor issues daily. They need to be able to teach you specific exercies, but more importantly need to do "trigger point" or "myofascial release". Some of the areas they need to get to will actually be from within the anus. 90% of PTs probably will not be helpful as they never have heard of this.

Here are two who deal with this. One on east coast one on west coast.
http://www.beyondbasicsphysicaltherapy.com/
http://www.pelvicpainrehab.com/

(2) Prazosin (Alpha Blocker)
Not just any alpha blocker will work. Some will make it worse, some will make it better. Prazosin/Minipress definitely helps. It specifically allows the pelvic region and penis to "relax" and "decongest" for a while....allowing more blood to flow. Be carefull though as too high a dose can give you low blood pressure. Start with just 1mg at night for a few nights, then slowly wean up to 4 doses of 3-5mg daily.

Keep this thead updated with your results. Many have already noticed great improvement.

Also go a head and read "A Headache in the Pelvis" and "How to Heal Pelvic Pain". Same issues. The "pain" that they speak of is a "dull ache in the pelvic floor" that many of you might begin to notice you have.
I have this same problem. My penis has done this for as long as I can remember, even as a child. It is an uncomfortable, not to mention embarrassing problem. I have gained a lot of weight over the last 10 years, but as I was saying, the problem has been present since childhood. It is so uncomfortable at times, that I literally have to shake it out to get relief. If anyone has tried any of the resolutions, I would like to hear about them. I'm getting extremely tired of dealing with this problem.
Been dealing with this for some years now and viaswiss is right! "A Headache in the Pelvis" is a great book which has helped me. I Do the tennis ball technique triggering the nerves and stretching the muscles +  I do my own physical therapy as described in the book, activating  the trigger points, and have had excellent results.

But that's only part of it. Delving into this "Chronic Bracing" I've started to notice some interesting things. Sometimes when I'm watching tv, and I see a video of a person getting hurt and I literally brace and feel the pain in the pudendal nerves and levator ani muscles. I've notice I'm hypersensitive and hypervigilent as well and used to be starled easily. Weary of people and avoid social situations to an extreme. It's like the fight or flight mechinism is always on. This I believe, was literally at least for me, whats called Complex PSTD  (post traumatic stress disorder) from an injury AND being bullied for a very long period of time. It sounds a bit crazy, but finding out what's pushing your fear buttons is crucial to returning back to a somewhat normal life. This website is great and maybe it applies to you too.  http://www.bullyonline.org/stress/ptsd.htm
Start paying attention to what sets it off! Ask yourself what your afraid of, and what is stressing you out besides this condition? Hope you find your answers!
God Bless
Its a disorder assosiated with the teses retracting as well. Its the adrenaline cuase a muscle spasim. The penis is relaxed when hard. And tense when srinken by cold or enviro stresser. Basically he tences up so much he almost retracts jhis biz.
I also have this problem, i give it my own name 'Shrinking Penis Syndrome' basically im a slightly bigger than average fella when erect, but when flaccid my penis can shrink to a really small state. It feels like a sort of cramping of 'lack of blood flow' kind of thing and can sometimes be a little bit painful. I ALSO have varisose veins in my scrotum and i do sit down alot and am over weight.
Strangely its very random. I can be walking around one minute and feel that my flaccid penis is hanging quite 'well' 4-5 inches, other times i can be walking around and my penis has shrunk to about 2 inches! I can find a pattern. I an be embarrasing for me especially when i go swimming etc. The adrenine idea sounds plausable. One other thing is that i had a hernia op when i was 1 year old... and also the docs dont have a clue whats going on. useless!
I am like viczeta's husband; I suffered a back injury that ended my Navy career and have since had problems where I need to push my penis back out to urinate. It happens when I sit or when I lift anything with some weight to it.
That is very interesting. I have been suffering from this for 2 years. 5 months ago I discovered I had anxiety issues that might be the cause. I have ordered that book and will post about my progress.

You can imagine my delight to discover I'm not the only one.  I've had the problems for many years.  However, it seemed to begin after a military sever trauma that could have taken my life.  My life passed before my eyes because I was sure that I would die.  The military and their incompetence failed to take care of me properly and it is by the grace of God that it wasn't more serious - rupture pancreas.  However, the 1st Sgt tried to put me back to work right away when it was obvious I'd be out of commision for a while.  It was abuse.  I think the entire incident cause PTSD, which surfaced afterwards in the form of extreme anxieties which I still suffer from today.  The injury, slightly numb still, feels like it's pulling my left testicle inward.  It's actually very painful and I engage in some odd pulling out behavior that I finally told my wife about 3 weeks ago.  Pride has kept me from applying for disability, but that's over now.  I'll be submitting paper work any day now, which I get up the nerve to face the VA and the resistence they'll give me.  I've also hurt my knee and my shoulder pretty bad.  Exercise is very difficult now.  SO I've put on some pounds since then and since my children were born.  PUllin gon my privates approaches what we call "near occasion of sin", but I'm trying to put that aside so that I can deal with the physical nature of the problem to get over it.  I quit a job to deal with some of the anxieties now.  I've also returned to college for teacher certification.  I've changed my diet and started to exercise more, but need to get back at it again.  It's slow, but I have to do it so that I can live.  I'm 50 with 3 children.  We've been married 23 years this summer.  This is causing me a lot of anxieties and drastically killing my self-esteem.
I'm overweight and working on it.
For my retracted penis, I wrap about an inch wide single layer band of  gauze around my penis just behind the hood, then a 1/2 inch wide band of masking tape over the gauze. Keeps the penis from retracting and allows urination.
Hello
i have the problem since a month when :
- i feel the fear or I have  a critical issue in my job or others
- i do jogging or other effort
I feel work stress , but who don't?
I am about to do andrologic exams, even if I guess problem is to remove anxiety start. But suggestion by viaswiss seems good , could you confirm his advice ?
I have read about this problem since long. NO spicific remedy is suggested by anyone.
One may take a chance with male deer exercise.This is a simple massage. It may also help to resolve some other sexual problem as well. Google the word Male deer exercise.Practice for a month to find our whether it helps you in some way. Just try.
Another method comes to my mind is Uthit Padmasan. This is yougic posture. Even one can sit cross legged on a floor oron a cot and a mattress. Keep on jumping on your buttocks, keeping your palms on the floor or mattress.Here  you leverage your palm for jumping.You can navigate Lotus postures or padmasan and you will find details of this posture.
I get this too. This is weird and very scary when it happens. I don't now what is causing this and have never ever had this happen before. I have been suffering from extreme anxiety recently and am wondering if this is the cause. It is very scary and weird. I actually have to push in on my bladder or at the base of my penis to get it to pop back out. I have also had my testicles get pushed up inside and had to do the same thing....push on the lump in my pelvic floor muscles to get it or them to pop back out into place! I just hope this is not dangerous or a bad thing and hope it would not create any serious health issues.
This problem has pretty much ruined my life for over 10 yeard. It keeps me from certain types of work and other situations because I have to consider will I have a place to pull things out. My doctor has told me its harmless but when it happens I just cant not fix it. I go into a type of panic. I have no idea what to do but I just cant handle this much longer
well so any answers yet n I ve tried going to a pelvic floor specialist and have been on hard flaccid.org and if its concealed penis then surgery is needed

tho I really don't know for sure I'm had this problem for over a year

and cialis helped tho I'm hoping its just pelvic problem n my PT fixes it
For pelvic floor strengthening, one may do kegel exercises. Contraction of perineum is another exercise to increase blood circulation in groin area.
There are 4 types of prostate massages. One is massage by finger through the anus. This can be done properly by a partner. Second is anal peripheral prostate massage, third is abdominal peripheral prostate massage and last is inner thai massage. Google there words to get at the real massage method. This will help in some way in Panic pen ice.As there are no specific remedies , I am suggesting these possible solutions. You may add male deer exercise.Kundalini yoga is good for all sexual dsioders. One can find some techniques from this type of yoga system.
thanks I have been doing a lot of stretches that I found in Amy Steins heal pelvic pain

and I will try the Male deer exercises and Kundalini yoga,

my Pt has been doing rectal massages and I've been going for 2 months

cialis seemed to help as well tho my Penis is still not normal like it was 2-3 years ago and I'm thinking blood flow is being constricted and I'm not getting proper blood flow due to this injury and anxiety and clenching play a part in it as wll

tho anymore help would be appreciated and I will be sure to update
I have had this problem for a long time, and it is embarrassing because erect I am 6 and half in, but flaccid it can shrink 2 to 1 in... But reading these post have been helpful, I have been exercising and eating right for a few weeks so hopefully it will get better because i work in Alaska and last winter it was just painful in -10 freezing temperature. But for the guys who are self conscious about being small and are in relationships, the thing that brought my great sex life to amazing was the use of toys with my last 2 girlfriends.. A cheap 20 dollar vibrating penis ring and the use of a vibrator goes a long way.
Also has anyone had success with the Deer exercise? I guess most people are not getting help from doctors so I am willing try anything reasonable at this point
same happens to me except the adrenaline comes from severe panic attacks, pretty scary and not sure why or what causes/fixes this. lets just say Im uncircumsized afterwards no pain just panic. would like to know if you have discovered anything out on this topic for peace of mind thanks JW
Did you ever find anything out??? My husband has similar complaint when he is sprinting on his bike!
I personally can vouch that this happens. However for me, it only occurs when I start to run. Walking, elliptical, or with weightlifting it doesn't happen, but as soon as I run it begins retracting. The only thing I can say is that physically there is no danger of damage, it's just unsettling and uncomfortable. If he ever finds a solution I'd love to hear about it.
Sounds like suspensory ligament detachment.
Get GP to refer to a Urologist
Thank you guys for being so open and honest on this subject. I am the wife of a wonderful man that is having the same problem I am seeing here. Only difference is one of his testicles also retracts into his abdomen. He has seen his doctor and a urologist which have both given him the response of " thats odd, hmm, I don't know. They assure him it's not a hernia but that's about it. I love my husband the way he is, but this really bothers him so I have been searching for causes and solutions for him. He is very active with his job, but not in great shape, he does not drink alcohol, and he does suffer from anxiety and depression from time to time. He says it ALWAYS happens when he has had an energy drink of some kind, be it 5 hr energy, Monster, etc. It also happens after sex and sometimes when he's cold.  I'm going to tell him about the posts I've seen about strengthening the muscles in that area and see how that goes. But I just want to say to all the men here, there are good women that are not going to care if you have this issue, and will be only concerned for your well being.
I this problem sense I was a kid after getting hit with a hardball when I was ten years old Bern thi way every sense then
I've had this problem for about a year now. I had to start taking thyroid and blood pressure medicine after a near fatal motorcycle accident. My penis went from about 4" flaccid to maybe 1". I have almost no feeling in it usually and it retracts all the way in causing extreme discomfort. This happens almost constantly throughout the day and is very embarrassing because I cant help but keep "adjusting myself". I usually have to pull it out to urinate. I still get full size during intercourse, but I sometimes have to coax it into getting hard and sometimes it goes limp during intercourse and won't get hard again. I've talked to my doctor and she tells me that it is due to weight gain, which I think may be adding to it, but not the entire issue. I've seen a few recommendations on here that I may try. Other than this posting, I have not seen any other info about this problem.
Dude, what your saying is exactly what I experience... also when I am amped by too much coffee or an energy shot it really happens  ...so Fing uncomfortable ...... I am going to my Dr and I have already mentioned it to Him .... try to find out more... kinda scary as I also noticed a distinct shortness of breath and my back hurts a lot .... all this started at the same time about 3 months ago  .... if I want to stay comfortable I use a ponytail
band and extend it out by ....Basically masturbating... I don't *** I just get a bit hard and then put the cloth band LOOSELY around it at the base...
Probably not GOOD but WAY more comfortable ...
I am thinking it may be my Heart as I am also experiencing COLD Legs
I can't seem to get them warm ...
But, especially if I do Energy shots or a lot of caffeine ... Bummer is I have a medication I take that makes me lethargic ....if I want to get anything done I NEED to get Energy .... what a quandary    
I just have to say how happy I am that I found this site! I have been dealing with this issue for a couple of years now. Im 32. It happens at the times that everyone is talking about too. Its so uncomfortable and embarrassing that I haven't even shown my wife. Thank you guys for so being so open about this issue and please let us know if you find a solution! I am going try the zinc, cranberry tablets and leg muscle exercising I seen on here and I will post my results. Again, THANK YOU ALL!
Guys im 20 and im having the same problem and im freaking out!!!!! Im really scared and i do have alot of fat in the groin region and this problem has started a few days back i dont masturbate or anything!! Im in desperate need for a soultionn plss help me out im not sure if im supposed to show a doctor or not ive changed my lifestyle alot im dieting and exercising pls tell me any other way!!
My husband had this happen after knee surgery - we didn't freak out but it was seriously the craziest thing I've ever seen.  Maybe it was because of the trauma of the knee injury and subsequent surgery?  It resolved itself after a few weeks, but for awhile it was almost completely flush with his groin region and made peeing into the urinal a challenge.
Viewing 201-254 comments: