Men's Health Community
Penis turns red with little red bumps when erect

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

This started happening two months ago.  At first I thought i was herpes, (I even posted a question in that forum: http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Herpes/Tiny-red-bumps/show/1587851#post_7212315), now I am thinking that it is some kind of Yeast infection.

I went to a doctor, and he prescribed me Clotrimazole, and I have been using that for two weeks, and the symptoms are the same.  Actually, it started to get better, then I drank about 15 beers about 1 week in, and it was noticeably worse after that weekend - this is what made me think it was an internal yeast infection.

Here is the deal - my penis looks mostly fine, with some redness at tip, and on head, and some redness on balls.  It does not itch, but it kinda burns sometimes.  I have no discharge, and I do not believe it is an STD.  When penis is erect, it turns red, and there are lots of little red bumps around head of penis, and on head of penis.  There is a bit of burning after ejaculation.

Does this still sound like a yeast infection, or could it be something different?
Anyone?
   Since you have no itching and clotrimazole was not effective, it is unlikely that you have an yeast infection. But it could still be a case of UTI, if the doctor you visited is a Urologist, do visit him again, or else, consult a urologist for further diagnosis.
Solace
sorry to be rude, but how often do you change your underwear? this "rash" can result from wearing the same underwear over and over without washing them.
hi

did u get any joy with discerning this issue?

I have same issue (or very similar) and am looking for answers. i have rules out any kind of std from tests.

Personally, most people on these posts just advise going to go a doctor, but in my experience i have been to many, spent a fortune and all were completely disinterested and useless!!! (I have also read many posts by random folk 'diagnosing' similar issues and saying its all sorts, and CLEARLY completely wrong!). I am not sure, but I definitely have a similar symptoms.

anyway, after that rant, in your case i wouldnt rule out yeast infection at all. i personally definitely have yeast issues as athletes foot and fungal toenails prove! so i believe if there is a yeast infection in there somewhere, it can react in areas such as genitalia.

but your issue sounds exactly like my issue so thats why i think it sounds yeasty!

In my case... (see if any of this sounds familiar)

when erect - the little bumps appear and the head is more red and shiny than before.

when flacid - the head is generally ok, but its not QUITE the same as it used to be, when i examine /stretch out the skin on the head i can sometimes see tiny red pin-dots which are subtle, as if its the bumps underneath waiting to rear their ugly head when its erection time! I also occasionally get reddishness / blotchiness of the head when the area becomes aggravated / very hot (like when my laptop is sitting on my lap!!!)

there may be differences between conditions but defo what you have, i have basically the same symptoms. So i am pretty sure (even the doc said so) i have a yeast infection, but i am also wondering if balanitis is involved! am not sure yet, will check back this post in a while to see if anyone has responded.

cheers

It sounds like you have almost the same thing.  Have you made any conclusions?  I did the candida diet, and it mostly went away.  It has recently reappeared though.  I will try candida diet for a little longer this time, and see if that gets rid of it.

Please let me know if you find anything out.
as the last two post state. i have been going through that too lately. this kinda came out of no where the little tiny red pin dots they dont hurt and barely realize they are there and when i examine real close i can see them better. from the information yall have found would it be called a yeast infection? I would think so. Ive read herpes is very painful but in this case i dont think its the problem..at least i hope not im going throug the same mess