Men's Health Community
Pin-size blisters on my penis

A community for people with Men's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Pin-size blisters on my penis

I work out fairly frequently although I haven't in about a month. I started again the last two nights. This morning, I felt some skin irritation on my penis, in the loose skin where the shaft meets the head. At a glance, I couldn't see anything. However, when I pulled the skin apart, I could see tiny, clear, fluid-filled blisters. There were 5 or 6 of them, all in a row. When I was trying to figure something out on the internet, I am finding way too many possibilities.

One thing that scares me is Herpes. Although I don't have any other symptoms, some of the pictures look like that. I have been married for 10 years and have never had something like this. I am hoping its just a minor skin irritation, but want to be safe.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Avatar n tn
I should also say that the reason I mention working out is because I workout pretty vigorously. I wondered if they might just be from friction.
Avatar n tn
Well, if you and your wife have been faithful to each-other through out your entire marriage, than it can't be herpes. So thats the first step to diagnosing the problem.
Avatar n tn
It is rare that its transmitted from the mouth during oral but it can happen.  I get cold sores on my mouth & I def stay away from that til its completely healed.
Avatar n tn
Is it possible to transfer it from my mouth (cold sore) to down there during masturbation? If my wife had a cold sore and performed oral sex, could that do it?
Avatar n tn
I was unfaithful to my wife (she knows) 6 years ago. I was tested after the affair ended. I don't know if a Herpes test was part of that. Additionally, I have never observed any symptoms, up until now.

How long could I have this and not have had any symptoms? I know that can be a fairly long time, but 6 years?
Avatar n tn
They would have done a blood test to test for herpes or swab a sore.  Some people dont have break outs very often.. I would suggest getting to the doctor while you have the sores & they have a better chance of testing them that way!
Avatar n tn
Is it true that the only time the test will render a "positive" result is if you are having an outbreak?
Avatar n tn
I believe ur blood can test positive w/out an outbreak.. But in order to test w/the swab you'll have to have the sores.  Make an appt & get tested.. Maybe have ur wife too!  Possibility if you have it she could.  Then you can just get treated together.
Avatar n tn
This just gets crazier all the time. There is no way I could have been infected within the last 2-20 days. I haven't had sex with anyone in over a month. I guess I need to get to the doctor. I am reading and hearing so many different things my head is spinning.
Avatar n tn
has your wife been faithfull just asking she could be carrying it and not seeing any symptoms were as you are you both should get checked sounds like herpes but you never no do you good luck.
Avatar n tn
The best thing to do is get tested, this way you know either way, good luck.
Avatar n tn
I have a situation vaguely similar to kcman so I'll post my inquiry here. My wife and I usually have oral sex, rarely intercourse. After recent intercourse I got raw down there and within days I got a small blister with other pinpoint blisters in the area - just like the pictures and descriptions indicate for herpes. I thought the itching was just from the raw healing but then I saw these other spots and got concerned. When I mentioned this to the wife she reminded me (? like most guys I'm not sure she ever told me this before or maybe I just didn't listen ?) that she thought she had herpes before we got married but then a OBGyn told her she didn't. So after 10 years of monogamous marriage I'm now wondering how I just might have contracted herpes - or if this is just a skin rash that happens to look like those pictures most of us have seen. I'm scheduling an appointment with a doctor, and I want them to catch this quick to make a proper diagnosis before it goes away. You can imagine the thoughts going on: am I now stuck with something for the rest of my life? How did I get it only after 10 years. Is there something going on with my wife that I don't know about? Is this "honey I'm sure I told you" thing a crock? Have I had this for years and just didn't know? Is this part of the reason for my headaches and backaches? Do I have to be careful about kissing my family? Am I just getting paranoid? Talk about screwing with someone's head.  Thanks.
Avatar n tn
I think I may be in the same situation.  I have no other symtoms (symptoms) of Herpes.  I have had the blisters a few times.  I always assumed that the blisters were from some kind of irritation.  I have been faithful to my wife of four years and she has no symtoms (symptoms) of Herpes.  I visited my Dr. about three years ago he asked if I shaved part of my penis and that it looked like ingrown hairs.  That blister looked to me more like a pimple. These blisters are clear pin sized blisters. Before I have been popping the blisters and it is usually fully healed within a week.  Herpes had never crossed my mind until i read this thread.  I am fairly worried.  I plan to visit my doctor ASAP.
Avatar n tn
well i
Avatar n tn
hello there,
i am actually kinda going thru what these people are going thru,
i really need help. like almost 2 months ago my penis started itching like crazy
when i was sleeping, i woke up and i went to the bathroom and saw absolutly nothing
on my penis it just itched so bad. this happend like in the middle of january.
now were in march. and now i am itching all over the place like me penis, the webs between my fingers, my ankles sometimes my feet, ESPECIALLY MY THIGHS, thats    the most itchi part, then on my butt, not the anal area though just on the cheeks,and then above my pubic hairs like on my stomach, and on the side of my penis i have 1 blister. i used to masterbate alot but since this whole thing happend i do it once a while now. i keep thinking its herpes but i doubt thats it. well i hope thats not it.
the blister scares me the most. i really need some help what can use to get rid of this stuff?
Hi all
I have had the same as you all for a number of years now. It is a complete pain in the fingers, feet and penis!! since this is where I get it. I believe it is a form of herpes and so far i have not found a thing to get rid of it (sorry for the bad news). My doctor told me it was "endogenous eczema that is known by the name of Pompholyx. It recurs during stress and presents with itchy deep seated blisters on the sides of fingers or sometimes soles and toes. It is treated with topical steroids, oral antibiotics, rarely systemic steroids are required. Oral vitamin supplements can be taken".  
Personally i find if i stay away from really hot water on my hands and feet and use some lube during sex, and try not to worry to much even if i do have an outbreak of the blister, it will clear up after a week or so, oh and really do try NOT to irritate it. I have not yet had the oral antibiotics so i shall be trying them shortly, i'll let you know if they work?.
The ttrouble is I can go for a while without any sign of them and then all of a sudden and out of the blue up they pop, like they did last week. I do hope you all find answers but until then do not blame your other halfs or beat yourselfs up about it, just try and stay strees FREE.

Good luck
Marsh69
Avatar n tn
i read that broken blood vessels (more than one) can cause blisters.
blood has a small amount of air and blisters are created if not treated,so if you had sex , masturbated ,condom use , sex toy use , heart stress (rare),hand jobs or boob jobs you are probably not in a bad situation,but could still spread it.Don't touch it or pop it let it go away soon and let it heal , use bactroban (prescription only) and apply where needed to accelerate healing.

if you did not "DO" any of these before the blisters.GO TO THE DOCTERS

p.s. regular red bump(not dark) about the same color of your skin is what "could" be explained in the big paragraph

p.s.s.
dark red,opposite of skin color could be herpes or std's
Avatar n tn
bottom line...all of the above scenarios are most likely genital herpes.  the virus can lie dormant without symptoms for many years - so just because you haven't had sex "lately" is meaningless.  get tested to verify your condition and take the appropriate safeguards - medication - condoms or abstinence - to prevent the spread of this sexually transmitted disease.

conversely, genital herpes is not normally a fatal condition so treat the symptoms as necessary and drive on.
aiyanas_momma commented on photo
aiyanas_momma commented on aiyanas_momma's status
KeeLolo commented on photo
Exercise Tracker
Exercise is part of a healthy lifestyle