Men's Health Community
Poison oak!!!
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Poison oak!!!

What should i do? i have poison oak on my penis, its very itchy, and swollen. I went hiking and must of got the oils every where because i have some poison oak on my chin also. Anyone know a really good ointment to reduce itchyness and swelling? I kno bleach  is supposed to stop the spreading but im not using that near my genitals...
Related Discussions
2 Comments
Blank
You should call the doctor. It can get miserable in those areas and you likely need something with a perscription if it is all over your genitals.
Blank
No don't use bleach! Wash head to toe with a good strong soap and hot water, and throw out any clothes/tools you were wearing when you got this. It can stay on object for a very long time.

Washing will take care of any urushiol oil left. I had poison ivy on my ****** once and it was unpleasant, but I just had to laugh every time I looked at it, because it was swelled up to like 3 times it's normal size! I should have taken pics!

Your problem will go away on its own, but see a doc if it becomes unbearable, if you have any trouble urinating or if you think it is getting infected.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Men's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...
22 hrs ago by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank