Men's Health Community
Post Ejaculation Fluid Leakage

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

Post Ejaculation Fluid Leakage

I'm a 22 year old male, and have been unable to find information about my problem thus far.  Post ejaculation, I experience leakage that is about 2-5 drops of clear, slightly thick liquid from my penis.  My partner has been tested for STDs, and has come up clear.  We use condoms, and both of us are in good health.  However, I'm a bit embarressed to go to the doctor about this.  I have no pain, and no other symptoms.  This only occures AFTER intercourse, and I have only found this described as cowper's gland fluid which is only ever discussed before sex.  What is this?
1 Comment
If you have no symptoms at all and you are in good health generally, then I cannot think of anything else than pre-ejaculate.

Now why does it appear after ejaculation? I don't know and I suppose that there may be a number of explanations. For example, some biochemical "inertia" in the action of the corresponding gland, or some minor structural singularity that prevents the fluid to come out in time. I am not 100% sure but think that I had it too occasionally in the past.

Do you normally have pre-ejaculate, that is fluid appearing before ejaculation? Could it be that you have it so abundant that sometimes it remains some after ejaculation? This is the explanation I would give in my case.

But I believe that there is no reason to worry about that. You could mention it though to your doctor when you go for a general check-up.