Men's Health Community
Problems with Masturbation

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

Problems with Masturbation

I am a 19 y/o male. I am curious about the effects of masturbation on the brain. Whenever I masturbate, my vision becomes slightly fuzzy. I wouldn't call it blurry, but it feels somewhat slow. I also have trouble concentrating after such events. I have read a lot of forums and articles pertaining to this issue, and I can't really seem to reach a conclusion. Once I became worried that I was masturbation too much, I began to masturbate without ejaculating. That is, I would stop right before ejaculation. I would sometimes spend hours causing this stimulation without ejaculation, after which I would feel very disoriented. I have a few questions: Can masturbation cause an overproduction of acetylcholine, which would be causing these problems? Can masturbation overstimulate some nueroreceptors? I don't know if my problems stem from hormone imbalance or damage to my nervous system. I have also been recently diagnosed with sleep apnea, but I'm not sure if this is what causes my problems after masturbation or if the masturbation has caused the sleep apnea.

I do know for a fact that masturbation makes me feel worse--I can attest to this. However, I don't know if the masturbation itself is the problem or if there is an underlying problem. My problems first began when I started feeling fatigued. After a few months of this fatigue, I began thinking that masturbation was causing my problems because whenever I would masturbate my problems would become worse. I am asking if sleep apnea could cause masturbation to be problematic for me. Whenever I have reduced my masturbation frequency, my problems have not gotten better, but I don't know if this is because I have caused permanent damage or if it is because the masturbation is not the problem after all.

Thanks.
1) masturbation makes some men feel energized afterwards or extremely exhausted afterwards

2) if extremely exhausted, the brain will feel somewhat tired afterwards which means also harder to focus

3) it is not wise to masturbate without ejaculation. You could do some damage within the penis. So if you're going to masturbate, you might as well let it out.

4) it is best to masturbate once a day or moderately. just don't masturbate 2-3 times a day because you are not giving your testicles enough time to build sperm.
I appreciate your answer Myron_Long, but the issue is that my problem has worsened over time. That is, I did not use to feel exhausted after masturbation. Also, I would not call it exhaustion. It is more of a mental disorientation, almost as if I am being suffocated. Additionally, I do not believe I have done any damage to my penis, for everything still works fine and feels fine. I am more worried about the neurological consequences.
I understand exactly what you are saying. Your body is not the same as it was when you were younger. The condition gets worst as you get older so as you can see you can't masturbate 3-4 times a day like you use to when you were 15. You have to figure out what your mind/body can handle. You need to figure out your pattern. Maybe it's masturbation once every 2 days or etc.