Men's Health Community
Proper Sleep

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

Proper Sleep

I work sitting in front of computer for almost 11 hrs a day. I need advice on better sleep at night and also at sheding 15 kgs of extra weight that i have put on in last 5 years.

Thanks in advance.
Hi Chandra, You just need more time away from your screen before you hit the sheets, its about the only way you will do it, try and break you day up, and get of you behind and get out, fresh air, brisk walking for 30 minutes 3 times a day, try and remember live to work and not work to live, eat healthy, keep away from junk foods and fast foods, no snacking between good healthy meals, keep off fizzy drinks, and get and do some swimming if you can.
Good Luck
It Sounds  like you work on a call center enviroment so do i , i surely understand  the long shifts scenarios  my recomendation  and has worked to me  its first of all  rid off  stress of the day since  if you  go to bed with stress  you will end up  thiking on the issues or bad day you have  or on the problems  that you might have day to day , watch some TV ,  have diner , read or do your  favorite hobby  ( videogames , reading , play instrument or whatever you may enjoy doing that relaxes you )before sleeping  when you are relaxed is eaiser to sleep and have a repair sleep  that will help you next day , about you weight with the amount of ours you work  its normal if you cconstantly  get chips and Soda from  vending machines is normal since work anxiety and stress  cuz apetite  and makes you eat  i will  sugeest to have  a  big bottle fiiled up wiht  water to replace  drinks or soda  and also have  oat cookies or fruit  that will help alot also  that will take off toxins and  sugars  that might  cause Hiperactivness that will a little bit impact your sleep in high dose  :)  good luck   and hope this  helps
Hi H, But do you think it would be best to keep away from TVs and vidio games, if you sat in front of a screen all day, I think this would be the last thing your brain needs, more screen time, he needs to relax, but with out Tvs.
Good Luck
Yeah i agree i think some reading or music will be better :)