Men's Health Community
Prostatitis Pain = Infertility Help

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

Prostatitis Pain = Infertility Help

Hi!!!

So recently I was diagnose with Chronic Prostatitis and blood work and all came back negative. So my mind starts running about this condition and how this developed. I remember bout 8 years ago I started masturbating probably twice a month I hope that didn't cause this to happen. Please someone shed some light on this condition and give me a peace of mind. I hear that it is very common but none of my friends have it so how common can it be? Also can this lead to infertility? Can I still have a family? My mind is all over the place. Help please!!
How were you diagnosed with prostatitis?  Does your doctor have you on antibiotics?  

This is a common issue with men, just do a search on the internet.  Although the reason for it being common is that it MAY be over diagnosed. Don't freak out about it though.  You will get through this and you can have a family.  If you're worried about it, please discuss it with you doctor and have semen analysis done.  Hopefully whatever issues you're having will go away in time and after antibiotic therapy, but many times you will have flare ups down the road.  In most cases it's not known what causes prostatitis.  It can be due to a STI or it can be caused by other enteric organisms, and sometimes a causative agent is never found but antibiotic treatment is helpful.  I'm not sure what your current symptoms are, but you will be fine.  
I was diagnosed because all my lab work came back negative and my symptoms are pressure in the lower groin that circulates to the hip area. Not pain just discomfort. And at times I would feel a slight burning sensation in the area between scrotum and anus. Also my anus would get very hot and itchy. Doctor did say I'll be fine in terms of a family and all. But the mind tends to think otherwise and make you believe that I am afflicted. I hope to get my mind off of it soon because it's not healthy, causing anxiety and stress and I don't need that right now.
It is very frustrating, I know what you're going through.  Keep us updated KoolKid