Men's Health Community
Pulling Pubic Hair

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

Pulling Pubic Hair

Sometimes when I'm at home I will pull out my pubic hair.  I can stop if I just tell myself to stop.  I am worried that my hair isn't growing back because there is a bunch of hair missing and it is taking forever to grow back.  Could I have possibly pulled out the follicle when I pulled the hair out?  What can I do to fix this? Thanks for your help.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trichotillomania

There is lots of info on the web about this.  Google it if you get a chance.
i doubt you are doing any damage.  pubic hair that has been pulled out can take a couple weeks before it starts showing up again
I don't think I have trichotillomania because I can stop whenever I want.  I haven't done it in the past week just by not letting myself do it.  I also don't have bald patches, you can just tell that there is much less hair than before and the only area I did it to was the pubic area.  I think it's just some sort of nervous reaction or something.  I had done pulling in the past year as well and it just seems like my hair is taking much longer to grow back...it seems like it is taking MONTHS to come back so that's why I'm worried.  I can just tell that it hasn't grown back for a while.
i have read before that the more often you pull hair out like that, the longer it takes to grow back and the thinner it grows back.  i had just assumed that was an old wives' tale, bur perhaps there is something to it
That link provided a very interesting read.
its true. i wax various parts of my body ;) and over time the hair growth slows down. i dont have near as much as i once did.
Well, if you can stop whenever you want, then stop and wait for it to grow back.  It will, eventually.  You may have damaged some hair follicles, so there may be some sparse patches.  

I think you should reread the article.  If you could have stopped completely, you would have.  Many people who do this can stop for short periods of time, yet under certain circumstances they resume doing it.  

cause it feels good when the roots come out with it
and looks awesome
brazil!!!!!
i love to rip the pubes out where the ball butter grows, they always come out with the roots fully intact, like little lolipops
i pull my pubic hair ALL THE TIME,,, its weird, it feels good for no reason, i try to tell myself to stop, but i cant, i alsocatch myself pulling out my ching hair and armpit hair,,,its very weird.....