Men's Health Community
Rash with foul smell near scrotum and thigh

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

i have a rash on my upper inner thigh right in the middle of my scrotum and thigh. its only on one side of the thigh on the side near the scrotum,just under it .it has a really bad strong smell that gets on clothes even after they are off.. not like a normal sweat smell. its circular but not a perfect circle with a few tiny bumps around the rash. the rash is very raw and red and like glazed over with some sort of clear liquid. it burns and it very raw feeling but not itching.
ive has had it for a few months..(no insurance to get checked,no job right now and a kid) i though it was just from sweating and though it was getting better after showering(which it may have been a little better but, never truly went away).
i will go soon to the doctor if hydrocortizone cream doesnt help.i though it could be jock itch but i am not positive and dont want to get cream unless i am sure that is it.

i also need to know what precautions i should take to not givemy wife it.. its almost valentines day too and im pretty sure we will not be able to have any contact.

thanks!!please help!
J.B.
My friend I suffered what you have for over 20 years, its called Jock Rash very much like Tinea that gets between your toes and stinks like hell, mate I used to scratch myself to pieces because it used ton itch so much, mine used to cover the area from behind my my scrotup to my anus and sometimes used to spread into my groin area..

This is how I fixed my problem.

My wife and I got a bit carried away about 20 years ago and decided to shave our genitals, I shaved all the hair from my penis, scrotum, belly and as far back as my anus, low and behold the jock rash vanished and has never returned, I do however still shave all the hair of my genitals, all this long before it became trendy to shave the hair off your genitals, it fixed me up and I am as clean as a whistle down there.

Give it a try,it sure beats that stinking Jock Rash.
Sorry about the spelling mistakes, time for bed, I dont have a scrotup but I did have a scrotum last time I looked.
A related discussion, Jock Itch was started.