Men's Health Community
Really scared, Dark spot near head of penis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

Hello, I have had a dark purple colored spot on the top of my penis about 1/2 an inch below the head. This spot showed up about 2 months ago and hasnt gone away, if anything it has grown a bit. It looks just like dark pigment that forms around a scar you get in that area. Anyway I'm scared shitless. There seems to be a lump under and above the dark spot now which I cant feel because it's very soft, but can see it under the skin a bit. I'm so worried it's cancer from everything I've read, but there is no pain to it and the lump feels as soft as pressing on a vien so it somewhat doesnt sound like cancer. Any ideas? I have a doctors appointment set up but its not for a few more days.

Um... I've always had problems down below because the quack that did my circumcision as a baby cut about half the shaft skin off my penis so I have large hair follicles all down my shaft(stretched pubic/scrotum skin) and alot of scarring on the bottom of the shaft. The purple coloring looks just like that around my scars which I understand is just pigment and has always been there, but I dont have any scars on top and this thing just formed recently. Please, please help! Any ideas? I could'nt bare the thought of losing my penis, that would pretty much mean death to someone like me if it turned out that, that was the only option left. Very scared.

Thanks.
Yeah you definalty need to get that checked out. I read somewhere that if you hit you're penis very, very hard on something it can turn into a real big bruise like what you described it as. But non the less, get checked out.
I had an assistant and a doctors opinion, they both think that its a collection of blood vessels, or I bruised myself somehow. In either case, they told me to watch it and if I feel it is getting bigger, to come see them again.

thanks.